Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I'm not sure how or why a person's integrity could honestly get wrapped up in a two-bit expression that everyone has used since god knows how long, and over a soap at that though.

Toomuchsoap: I was simply asking, as politely as I could, why you felt the need to indicate I was lying when I said I would stop watching -- since it has nothing to do with the show or its characters. Please don't bother responding. I'm not interested in engaging any more about this. I prefer to stick to commentary about the show, not whether other posters mean what they say -- I assume they do. That's what I meant about integrity. And I don't question others' no matter what the subject or the forum.

• Love 1

If Neil can see, he deserves an Oscar for walking in on Devon and Hilary and still acting like he didn't just walk in on them having sex. 

Glad they didn't play with Faith's paternity.

• Love 4

I wish that Jack had bitchslapped Victor yesterday. His arrogance know no bounds.

Could Phyl have been any ruder to Ashley? What an obnoxious bitch! Ashley was simply being a decent human being and Phyllis was completely nasty to her. It doesn't matter that they don't like each other. It's only human decency to be glad that someone has basically returned from the dead for the sake of their family.  There was no need for her to be that vile in return. 

• Love 4

ugh, the scenes with Kelly today made me gag. I don't think I can watch Jack with her. I might have to FF Jack! My Jack! That's how horrible Kelly is. God, please make her go away. This ridiculous love he has for her has got to be purely to give Phyllis a reason to LOSE HER MIND -- that Jack loves this woman (he's known for a matter of months). That's the only reason it makes sense. Phyllis is playing as though she's in love with Jack, finally, and he's into this boring sack of self-pity who has been shoved down our throats. And we haven't even gotten to Kelly's "even more tragic backstory" that is no doubt coming via Stitch's secret. 

I'm actually really glad Pratt is coming -- not that it's Pratt but that it's someone else at the helm. Passanante is all about CM. A new HW will have no such loyalty (or love).

I don't even care if Jack doesn't end up with Phyllis. Just please make Kelly go far far far far away.

Where is Phalange?? I need a seriously scathing Kelly hate post to read. lol. 

• Love 3

This ridiculous love he has for her has got to be purely to give Phyllis a reason to LOSE HER MIND -- that Jack loves this woman (he's known for a matter of months). That's the only reason it makes sense. Phyllis is playing as though she's in love with Jack, finally, and he's into this boring sack of self-pity who has been shoved down our throats. And we haven't even gotten to Kelly's "even more tragic backstory" that is no doubt coming via Stitch's secret.

Boy do I agree.  But I think this is going to give a Phyllis a reason to leave Jack rather than lose her mind. Oh, it'll blow her mind alright, but that will be after her head explodes.  I just don't see Jack having enough backbone over this to make up his mind and choose one woman over the other. Instead, he'll wind up with Kelly because he's refused to be honest with Phyllis about what happened during the last quarter of her hospitalization. And I don't see him feeling like he will have won anything special by just getting Kelly by default because Phyllis bolts. Instead, I expect the Jack-Kelly relationship to continue on through some prolonged apology exercise between the two of them, with it spiraling into the toilet altogether and Kelly becoming undone as result, with her past being dredged up or something toward the end. Unless, of course, Pratt has something to say about it, which is what you alluded to.

• Love 2

Just read the interview Justin Hartley did with The Wrap:  He said he's been filming most of his scenes with Sally Kellerman and she is playing a frail, older woman who has helped him.  He said he hopes Adam doesn't end up hurting her, but it's all in the writers hands.

So maybe she found him and has been nursing him back to health?

• Love 1

Forgot about Colleen and didn't Brad die after Cassie..geesh there were so many, every show could be a tribute at the new memorial site in the park!

I would love one for Brad.I am still mad they killed that hunk off!!!!

Just read the interview Justin Hartley did with The Wrap:  He said he's been filming most of his scenes with Sally Kellerman and she is playing a frail, older woman who has helped him.  He said he hopes Adam doesn't end up hurting her, but it's all in the writers hands.

So maybe she found him and has been nursing him back to health?

Thanks Peach! Lordy that would be a shame if they have Adam commit murder as soon as he is back! You would think they would try to redeem him instead of going full tilt serial killer.

ugh, the scenes with Kelly today made me gag. I don't think I can watch Jack with her. I might have to FF Jack! My Jack! That's how horrible Kelly is. God, please make her go away. This ridiculous love he has for her has got to be purely to give Phyllis a reason to LOSE HER MIND -- that Jack loves this woman (he's known for a matter of months). That's the only reason it makes sense. Phyllis is playing as though she's in love with Jack, finally, and he's into this boring sack of self-pity who has been shoved down our throats. And we haven't even gotten to Kelly's "even more tragic backstory" that is no doubt coming via Stitch's secret. 

I'm actually really glad Pratt is coming -- not that it's Pratt but that it's someone else at the helm. Passanante is all about CM. A new HW will have no such loyalty (or love).

I don't even care if Jack doesn't end up with Phyllis. Just please make Kelly go far far far far away.

Where is Phalange?? I need a seriously scathing Kelly hate post to read. lol. 

Well that is true that Phyllis is acting like she is in love with Jack and I will bet that is because the writers have been writing her that way even before MS's departure. You have to remember when MS was playing Phyllis she acted as though she could give two flying figs about Jackie Boy. It just came across as her settling for him because Nick was done with her and marrying her sister. I am sure the writers were writing the same "Phyllis is in love with Jack" script just as they are now but she just chose not to play it that way. MS has said that she could ad lib and had the freedom to interpret her scenes in her own style.  And she made no bones about not wanting to be paired with an older man like PB but felt she was way too sexy for him and preferred to be with the much younger men like Josh Morrow and Jeff Branson. Jack just cramped her sexiest sexy that ever sexed style! 

MS just never acted the way a woman in love with a man acts and I believe that is why we are now thinking what gives? Phyllis is in love with Jack and wants to be with him? When did that happen? It's because that is the way she played Phyllis!!  Gina T. in my opinion,is a much more professional and disiplined actress and it shows. She is obviously following script and acting the hell out of this role. She is making the character her own. I am really impressed with her and don't have to fast forward any of her scenes like I did with the campy cartoonish MS's Phyllis. Having never liked this character I can say Gina T. is making her more tolerable. Why I'll bet in no time we will all be saying Michelle who? lol

• Love 6

To me, GT is playing Phyllis as the hard-ass kind of crazy gal she always originally was.  I don't see this Phyllis giggling incessantly whilst playing video games with Nick.

I have to say I really enjoyed Summer calling her out on her attempt to kill Paul.

• Love 3

She is channeling a darker Phyllis.  She reminds of Sandra Nelson's Phyllis who I f'loved! 

THIS! She does act in the similar style of SN! I loved it when SN played Phyl. She was great! So far Gina T. has me not fast forwarding like I had to do with MS. That's a big plus!!!

To me, GT is playing Phyllis as the hard-ass kind of crazy gal she always originally was.  I don't see this Phyllis giggling incessantly whilst playing video games with Nick.

I have to say I really enjoyed Summer calling her out on her attempt to kill Paul.

That was hilarious! She needs to be reminded about some of her un remorseful,un admitted and un paid for crimes while she is acting all sanctimonious with people!!! Still a hypocrite eh Phyllis? lol

Okay, who thinks Neil can actually see?  

Me me me!!!! Waving my arm in the air!!! lol I think he has been able to see for a long time.No man would act as dumb as Neil while his son is getting jiggy with his new and younger bride.

Lol, Jack calling him Bradsicle.. gee Jack used to be funny.  What happened to him?  JFP turns every male actor to wood, knot holes and all.

LOL Jack hated my sweet Bradley! That was such a funny name he called him.Since I love my Jackie too, I didn't get mad!! lol They need to lighten him up and let him have more funny quips!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 1

I think Victor should have to sponsor one for Coleen at least once every five years or so.  I can't believe that sweet girl's heart beats in that selfish man's chest, and he never mentions being even slightly grateful.  Never a thank you to any of the Abbotts, especially Traci, for the gift of life - how very consistent of him..... 

I know and that pisses me off to no end! I loved Colleen and all of the many actresses that played her.I loved her and JT together.I just loved the character and the fact she was Brad's daughter and Tracy's made me love her that much more.It was so cruel what the writers did to her. I was just heartbroken when they killed her off and gave her heart to that old fool.Victor is such a nasty old coot now. Where before he did at least have some redeeming values now he just goes after women and tries to destroy them. He is heading a multi billion dollar company and is ignoring it just to meddle in his middle aged son's love life! (We so need an eye roll button) And for the way he treats NIkki he should be locked up. It is a form of mental abuse! He has gone from the cheif controller of a mega company comglomerate to a little old bully boy abuser of women and children! UGH! He is so disgusting!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 6

Slowpokey I liked all the Colleens, and JT too. (And your post, lol).

I think JT could be interesting if he came back.

Thanks Petunia! I even liked the last Colleen that everyone seems to hate!! LOL  Yes it would be interesting if they brought JT back. Don't know about Mac but JT was always a favorite!!

I have always liked JT and missed him.. they never should have paired him with snoretoria.

Funny how they were really a couple yet had little chemistry on screen,  He was quite wooden in his acting too which didn't help and the last Mac was forgettable and I always wondered why she looked so tired.  

So anyone watch today's Canadian? I only saw recaps. Summer remarked when she saw the hairbrush Victor used for Faith's DNA: "Grandpa, what's my hairbrush doing here?"

So what does this mean? Victor inadvertently tested Summer's hair and proved she is Nick's? That is the obvious thought.

But that's bullshit since Victor took the hairbrush from Sharon's house and later Faith's hairbrush was missing. So suddenly it's Summer's? Or is Summer saying this because it used to be her brush and is now Faith's? It's not even like when Nick first tested Summer's brush (and she lived with him and Faith so it is not unreasonable he took the wrong brush). This is just stupid. I hope it's a red herring. Because if this is the way the paternity is revealed after we had to WAIT A YEAR for Phyllis to be recast and in the end Victor just found out by accident? That is beyond crap as shit storytelling.

• Love 9

I saw the epi miamama and I agree with you that this is a red herring. Count Chocula is going to go off half cocked and tell everyone. I hope to God that someone grows a fucking brain and demands a DNA test for every.single.person.  So sick of all this WTD shit!  I seriously hope that this is one of the twists that the writers and actors have been talking about. 

• Love 3

^^ I wonder Patsy if Summer will quickly realize she's mistaken about the brush but it will be enough for Victor to realize Sharon was talking about Summer's "real father" when she was having her dream (reported by Mariah). If Summer is mistaken and doesn't realize it, Victor will go off half-cocked (which will be amusing, especially if it turns out there was no switch).

In any case, I cannot believe the show will have Victor be the one to reveal the secret. He wasn't even part of this story until he suddenly became obsessed with Sharon's secret.

Plus the preview has Phyllis and Sharon in the stairwell. I'm hoping Phyllis, drunk on anti-coma juice, hurts Sharon -- not badly, just enough to make the point that mind-altering drugs (or absence of drugs in the case of the bi-polar) can make one do things one normally wouldn't.

And in the meantime Victor blathers to Nick what he believes and they do a DNA TEST ONCE AND FOR ALL. 

• Love 4

I really like your theory about the drugs, miamama. It would make sense ( which is exactly why it won't happen ) and exonerate both women's behaviour.

Summer had remarked about her mother's excessive nastiness and even went to ask Victor if it could be a side effect. OF course he won't admit anything but I am hoping that Avery's investigation won't be one of those "going nowhere" comments.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 2

Phyllis needs to go to the mental hospital at this point, she's just coming off mental. The whole flipping out when she found out about Mariah was just insane, insane jealousy and craziness because what she believes and went off about is nothing close to the reality of the Mariah situation. Nick and Sharon were already back together before they found out about her being Sharon's.

It's also interesting how fast Phyllis jumped to Nick having another kid, she didn't consider Mariah's as Sharon's alone at all, it was instant to "Sharon and NIck have another child." 

• Love 6

There has to be something to the side effect concern that Summer has. If Phyllis is going to keep being this nasty ass shrew who goes from zero to sixty in two seconds repeatedly, then her character is going to getting boring very quickly. Okay, I am already bored with it. She has done nothing but bitch since she returned to GC and be up in Sharon's business. What about her life with Jack and her dotter? What about Daniel and Lucy? Nope, it's all about her insane jealousy of Sharon. ZZZZZZ

• Love 6

So what does this mean? Victor inadvertently tested Summer's hair and proved she is Nick's? That is the obvious thought.

For sure,. and I thought it was going to be Phyllis to bust the lying wench.. but nope it will be vic. YAY

I'm hoping Phyllis, drunk on anti-coma juice, hurts Sharon -- not badly, just enough to make the point that mind-altering drugs (or absence of drugs in the case of the bi-polar) can make one do things one normally wouldn't.

Oh how I hope you are right. She won't be blamed this way.. the experimental drugs are too blame. :)

• Love 1

Okay, I am already bored with it

WOW she is the only interesting character on the show for me. When she said Trick or Treat I went WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt.. and my hubby said FINALLY Phyllis is back. The town is so boring.

But that's bullshit since Victor took the hairbrush from Sharon's house and later Faith's hairbrush was missing. So suddenly it's Summer's? Or is Summer saying this because it used to be her brush and is now Faith's? It's not even like when Nick first tested Summer's brush (and she lived with him and Faith so it is not unreasonable he took the wrong brush). This is just stupid. I hope it's a red herring. Because if this is the way the paternity is revealed after we had to WAIT A YEAR for Phyllis to be recast and in the end Victor just found out by accident? That is beyond crap as shit storytelling.

Do you think these idiot writers would really make Nick Summer's real father, but not Faith's? When Nick took the DNA test the second time and used what we presumed was Summer's hairbrush from the tackhouse, could the writers now be playing us and it was Faith's DNA he unknowingly tested then and not Summer's?

It would be beyond STUPID if the writers just keep "switching" things around like this. It's at the point that DNA tests have no meaning. Nothing sticks and everything can be changed on the whim of the current writers. That kind of writing does not keep me invested in watching.

There has to be something to the side effect concern that Summer has. If Phyllis is going to keep being this nasty ass shrew who goes from zero to sixty in two seconds repeatedly, then her character is going to getting boring very quickly. Okay, I am already bored with it. She has done nothing but bitch since she returned to GC and be up in Sharon's business. What about her life with Jack and her dotter? What about Daniel and Lucy? Nope, it's all about her insane jealousy of Sharon. ZZZZZZ

I was bored with her nastiness from her first few scenes of dialogue. Let's hope it is the coma-juice side effects that are making her this insufferable, and it will eventually wear off.

• Love 6

I totally agree with those posters who are bored with NuPhyllis. I have never been a Phyllis fan, especially when MS became insufferably campy playing the part, and needed to repeat every line three time. Three times. However NuPhyllis is just a bitch on wheels, and boring to boot. Who thought that she could be so distasteful that Kelly looks good in comparison?

As far as the Summer/Faith/Nick/Jack/whoever sperm-go-round, I just don't care who is related to who. It has been dragged out way too long, and I have lost any interest I may have had vested in the characters. And the writing is so bad that just because there is a definite answer as to who was the sperm donor to which kid, it doesn't mean that won't change down the road. Cuz that is how this show rolls. Yawn.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

The only way to get paternity/maternity correct is to line EVERY CITIZEN OF G.C. up at gunpoint, have an independent doctor cut a lock of hair directly off each person and/or take a blood sample, box it carefully under the watchful eye of armed guards and members of CSI and Abby from NCIS, label everything correctly, then go and do all the m.f'ng tests.  Done!

• Love 2

So there it is. Summer is Nick's. The writers played the bullshit twist again. The hairbrush was Summer's. Faith was going to return it to her or some such shit. It is definitely Summer's and it was in Faith's backpack. Victor even called Sweden to ensure there was only one person's DNA on the brush.

And now Victor is going to Jack's to tell him about an important "family matter."

Sweet, show. Not only does Jack get punched in the gut again but Victor has the pleasure of doing the punching.

And over on the other side of town Sharon has remembered prompted by Phyllis. Phyllis gets to out Sharon.

Nick gets vindicated. Victor wins and Phyllis is right.

And who loses again?

• Love 7

I hate to sound so stupid, but if the hairbrush belongs to Summer, why the hell would Faith be carrying it around and calling it hers?  She is just a child, but she has to know if it's her hairbrush or not.  Whatever happened to mouth swabs or blood tests to determine DNA, and why would anyone depend on a silly hairbrush?  These writers are just putting crap on paper and we are supposed to try watch this show and enjoy it? Like someone above said, line up everyone in the entire city and force them all to take DNA tests, if necessary.  I could write a better show than this and so could anyone on this board.

• Love 6

It is such crap. More of the same lying to the audience and then calling it a twist. Victor took a hairbrush out of Faith's backpack. Minutes later we the audience see the child looking for it. Now Summer says, I babysat Faith and left my hairbrush there (???). Faith must have put it in her backpack to give it back to me (what a responsible little girl, no?). Absolute 100% horse shit.

• Love 6

It is such crap. More of the same lying to the audience and then calling it a twist. Victor took a hairbrush out of Faith's backpack. Minutes later we the audience see the child looking for it. Now Summer says, I babysat Faith and left my hairbrush there (???). Faith must have put it in her backpack to give it back to me (what a responsible little girl, no?). Absolute 100% horse shit.

But in no way un-guessed on this very forum.. More that a couple posters posited that the hairbrush would turn out to be Summer's.

I think the writers just toss ideas into a hat and pull them out at random and go "welp here's what's gonna happen today."

• Love 5

What is even dummer about this whole storyline is that a lab - let alone one in Switzerland (or is it Denmark - too bored to remember) - would send a hairbrush and a wine glass (!!) back to person who submitted the items. What is the point of that? The person cannot afford to buy another brush (mind you 'most' people would just take strands from the brush and put them in a bag. And swab the wine glass, rather that send glass thousands of miles over seas.) But then we couldn't have brushgate, could we.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3

Having seen Summer behave like a dummass all year and ruled by her libido its no surprise AT ALL she's Nicks daughter. Nothing Abbott about that stupid bitch.

Phyllis' quack doctor went on a hundred x about her having unforeseen life altering side effects from her magic de-coma juice. I thought it was going to be something weird though like Incredible Hulk or Spider-Man . I think with her flat effect and obsessive ways and coldness she's coming across a bit psychotic, which she was before but now its in full effect.

• Love 3

I have been trying to like GT's portrayal of Phyllis but it ain't workin'!  The last couple of episodes I actually found my hand reaching for the remote so I could FF her scene.  This is dragging on too long, she can shit or get off the pot and let's put this ridiculous SECRET to bed once and for all.  There is simply no drama in extending this BS!  I don't like GT's pursed lips, she talks out of one side of her mouth sometimes and if she added jazz hands and repeated things 3x she must might give MS a run for best camp on a soap!

• Love 7