Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The dude who plays Adam is better  than I thought he’d be. I wish GT would stop delivering lines with tears in her eyes, though. Phyllis should be more angry than sad.

Maybe she’s one of those people who gets teary-eyed when they’re mad. Or she’s upset with herself for being mad. 

9 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, Phylthy doesn't have grounds to mad or sad. She shouldn't have been running Jabot in the first place. And if she'd done a better job of vetting Kerry, she wouldn't have hired her. And chemists within a large company don't file for patents, the company's attorneys do that and they maintain patents and trademarks so that they don't expire.

And Phyllis has always been smarter and more devious than to have made any of those mistakes. That just proves how badly written that story was. But it put Jack back at Jabot, so I’m okay with it. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

It appears that most of our commenters here approve of the actor who’s playing NuNuAdam. I can’t seem to accept him for some reason. Maybe he’s too new or maybe I don’t think he’s a very good actor but I guess I’ll have to wait for a few months to see if he grows into the role. Anyone else having reservations about this guy?

I think he’s a good actor but don’t find him as good looking as the past Adams or soap handsome. I find his story kind of boring and predictable to me, but the saving grace is I find the other stories and characters more objectionable. I think he has some good chemistry off the bat with his scene partners which is important for a lead antogonist. If he ruins Billy’s life or beats the shit out him I’ll be an instant fan. 

Along that vein am I supposed to care Dummer is drinking and having casual sex? I guess this passes for story nowadays. She’s Phyllis and Nick’s daughter of course she’s gonna sleep around, also is stupid as hell and in her 20s, has NO friends with a crazy bitch mother and Neanderthal dad. 

I keep waiting for Mop to find out Summer and Billy banged. If we have to live with that knowledge and mental imagery so should she 😩😤

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

It appears that most of our commenters here approve of the actor who’s playing NuNuAdam. I can’t seem to accept him for some reason. Maybe he’s too new or maybe I don’t think he’s a very good actor but I guess I’ll have to wait for a few months to see if he grows into the role. Anyone else having reservations about this guy?

Not just reservations, Gam2, I've put down a sizeable down payment, with a two-credit card guarantee.

Acting, not so much. Looks, um no. Vocal control really lacking.

But I'm the main author of The Minority Report here.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who does like Mark Grossman in this iteration of Adam. I think he's a fine actor and he's able (as a newcomer) to stand toe-to-toe with the veteran actors, some of whom have been onscreen continuously for up to 40 years. He's got chemistry with EB and especially SC, and he's out-acting JM (which I'll admit isn't a stretch, but he's actually upped JM's game). He's got an intense look and is physically similar to a young EB, much more so than any of his predecessors, especially Hartley. JH was physically wrong for the role as it was created. He was certainly pleasant enough, but he wasn't playing Adam. The actor JFP cast in that role was not chosen to play the historical Adam, but essentially to create his version of a new character. I don't know which version you preferred (or whether you ever liked the character or actor who portrayed him previously).  My favorite was definitely MM. And I think MG, while not him, is doing a very creditable job of portraying the historical Adam. Now, my preference would be to tone the character's apparent villainy down a notch, but I definitely don't want to see the character devolve to the point where he's basically just around to carry Chelsea's purse, which is exactly what I thought JFP did to the role. That would be a waste of space, though I'll admit JH was easy on the eyes if nothing else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Not just reservations, Gam2, I've put down a sizeable down payment, with a two-credit card guarantee.

Acting, not so much. Looks, um no. Vocal control really lacking.

But I'm the main author of The Minority Report here.

I’m happy to join you. I didn’t say anything since I’m already the only one here who likes GT, but I find MG very odd looking. Such a downgrade from JH, my favorite Adam. 

I would rank them:

JH

CE

MG

MM

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 4

So Kevin has kidnapped Phyllis.  Why?  In the previews Kevin tells Adam he has something he wants or words to that effect.  Does that mean he kidnapped Phyllis on spec?  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

So Kevin has kidnapped Phyllis.  Why?  In the previews Kevin tells Adam he has something he wants or words to that effect.  Does that mean he kidnapped Phyllis on spec?  

Why would Adam give a shit what happens to Phyllis? He can always achieve his nefarious plot without her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bannana said:

55 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Why would Adam give a shit what happens to Phyllis? He can always achieve his nefarious plot without her.

How strange.  

Maybe Adam had Chloe kidnapped.  Think if neither of them EVER gave in - we'd be free of them both!

I can dream, can't I?

Maybe they're both bunking together at Neil's Kidnap Boat House and Rabies Sanctuary.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe they're both bunking together at Neil's Kidnap Boat House and Rabies Sanctuary.

It's def not the boat house, but it does look familiar.  It's got an icky mattress with no sheet.  And a sink.  And it looks kind of disgusting.  Wait, maybe this was the set from the UG where Nick and Sage boinked.  Ew!🤮

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

God, how I hate this new Adam and the Adam is EVIL I TELL YOU, EVILLLLL storyline that has shat all over this show at warp speed. Adam is snarling and fucking over everyone simultaneously since he suddenly got his memory back. It's like a gang bang of shit being thrown at us like a TV full of monkeys flinging their shit at passersby. I'm over it. Let's move along now, Adam was never that interesting of a character, the various writing hacks forced him down our throats and it's rinse and repeat right now. It's not story telling, it's hysterical chaos. There's enough fucking chaos in the real world right now, I don't want or need it in my soaps, YOUGOTTHAT?!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Remember when Phyllis (MS) was kidnapped and locked in a large jail cell (with lamp, comfy chair, coffee table & bed) inside a warehouse? I cannot even remember why, but she was there for weeks because nobody wanted her back.  She had to be let out to use the bathroom, and that is how she escaped, of course.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/30/2019 at 9:49 PM, Petunia13 said:

Ok Nate and Abby are cute together. 

ewwww I can't with them at all. I can't stand slabby. She is such a boring unneeded character.. the actress has zero chemistry with everyone she has been paired with.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

God, how I hate this new Adam and the Adam is EVIL I TELL YOU, EVILLLLL storyline that has shat all over this show at warp speed. Adam is snarling and fucking over everyone simultaneously since he suddenly got his memory back. It's like a gang bang of shit being thrown at us like a TV full of monkeys flinging their shit at passersby. I'm over it. Let's move along now, Adam was never that interesting of a character, the various writing hacks forced him down our throats and it's rinse and repeat right now. It's not story telling, it's hysterical chaos. There's enough fucking chaos in the real world right now, I don't want or need it in my soaps, YOUGOTTHAT?!

Oh, Gingerella, you're playing my song!

You've hit both my key points about the character Adam: (1) those in charge think he's a lightning-rod for viewer response, so it's All-Adam All-the-Time, or as you put it a daily dish of shit projected from our screens; and (2) the character to me was always superfluous and doesn't add much to the canvas in any version, so why should I care now?

And the current Atonal All-Evil-All-the-Time Adam is one-note and nothing more than a charmless malignant force--this, as you say, is all too much available in reality, and not needed.

But, again, we're sitting at a very small table here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So Adam meets up with Kevin.  Kevin says he will trade Phyllis for Chloe.  He thinks Adam has kidnapped Chloe.  Adam admits that he had a PI searching for Chloe because she is the one who shot him.  That part was pretty funny, he said something like, she is pretty one note, she's got to stop doing that (trying to kill him).

I assume Adam does indeed have Chloe because otherwise he could just go to the cops and tell them that Kevin has Phyllis.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So Chloe shot Adam. She seems a tad obsessed.

Yes, and as I recall, Adam started searching for Chloe to make sure she didn't shoot him again.  It clearly would make more sense for him to tell the cops so that crazy Chloe could get some mental health assistance and stop trying to kill Adam.  

So when Adam bumped into Esther and that was awkward, I am guessing Esther knows that Chloe tried to kill Adam again.

Why would they bring Chloe back as a loony toon again?  It's like the Patty thing all over again, except not as interesting or entertaining.

• Love 9

If I remember correctly, Esther was never told that Chloe was alive.  Kevin occasionally came to visit alone with her daughter.  I thought it would have been impossible to keep the little girl from talking about her mother when she was visiting Esther.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

If I remember correctly, Esther was never told that Chloe was alive.  Kevin occasionally came to visit alone with her daughter.  I thought it would have been impossible to keep the little girl from talking about her mother when she was visiting Esther.

Good point!  But I bet she does know (off camera, we never saw it).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, bannana said:

It's def not the boat house, but it does look familiar.  It's got an icky mattress with no sheet.  And a sink.  And it looks kind of disgusting.  Wait, maybe this was the set from the UG where Nick and Sage boinked.  Ew!🤮

I think it's that mini warehouse where Abby and Scott were locked into by Abby's sex trafficker boyfriend who was holding Crystal in bondage.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, DonnaMae said:

You remember correctly. It does seem weird that a young child wouldn't inadvertently slip up and refer to her mom. That said, pedophiles tell children of all ages (including young teenagers who are generally pretty cynical already) that something terrible will happen to their parent(s) or caregiver(s) if they tell anyone about what has happened/is happening. Chloe and Kevin could have been indoctrinating Bella, who was about three when they took her to Oregon, that something awful was going to happen to Chloe if Bella told her grandmother or anyone else about her Mom being alive and with them. It could have been something like, "if you let anyone know that Mom's alive, that Bad Man will come and find mommy and kill her."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Between the shitty Adam storyline, and The Red Menace soon to be reprising her role as #1 Scene Eater, they should just rename this schlock the Adam & SyPhyllis Show. It's redundant, it's boring, it's hackneyed, Its.Been.Done.A.Million.Times.Before. Why o why cant the writing team and show runners create new and INTERESTING storylines that don't involve resurrecting the same 6-7 story lines over and over and over? This iteration of Y&R is neither Young nor Restless, it's just bored and played.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Are we really supposed to feel sympathy for Nick because Adam wants to have HIS son back? Hasn’t Nick swooped in and snatched a child that he found out was his even though that child had been living with someone else? The kid that Dylan thought was his? The one Sharon thought she’d had during her mental break? As soon as Nick found out he was determined that kid was his immediately, didn’t matter that he’d only ever known Sharon and Dylan as parents. Nick was all about mine, mine, mine. 

In the case of Christian he’s his uncle and knows it. Yes he’s had him for the last couple years so a transition period would be best, but Nick deciding Adam can’t have his own child? Classic Nick. What’s okay for him is not cool for anyone else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

Are we really supposed to feel sympathy for Nick because Adam wants to have HIS son back? Hasn’t Nick swooped in and snatched a child that he found out was his even though that child had been living with someone else? The kid that Dylan thought was his? The one Sharon thought she’d had during her mental break? As soon as Nick found out he was determined that kid was his immediately, didn’t matter that he’d only ever known Sharon and Dylan as parents. Nick was all about mine, mine, mine. 

In the case of Christian he’s his uncle and knows it. Yes he’s had him for the last couple years so a transition period would be best, but Nick deciding Adam can’t have his own child? Classic Nick. What’s okay for him is not cool for anyone else.

I'd forgotten that - mercifully, I think.

But you're right.  Nick would be doing the same thing in Adam's place - and let's not forget the shit he covered up about Dummer's paternity.

It's all part of the Newman family code, "if it's what I want it must be right."

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

And they keep saying Nick is the only dad that Christian has known, because we are supposed to pretend Dylan never existed.

Adam is being an idiot, of course, and so is Nick.  Wowza, I am going to agree with Nosferatu and say they should compromise.

But, I don't care.  Nick can wander around town looking for $27 million as long as he wants.  Didn't he rashly donate a quarter of a billion dollars just to piss of his father?  Okay, then.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, deirdra said:

When they play the Shadam/Poldark music while Sharon is having sex with Rey, does that mean she is fantasizing about Adam the whole time?

Jeez, I've never watched either version of Poldark, but we didn't need to see the out-takes from Sharon's brain to know who was featured as lead.

Wow, Sharon, "oh, Faith hasn't cleaned up after herself, no one's done the laundry, I've got errands to run...and a huge case of the hots..." [Hope the stans are loving it]

Who's up for a bit of beardy Rey? He's coming on the market soon, folks.

I didn't mind the hefty contrast with the Dina/Abbotts scenes vs. the Nasty Newmans.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, boes said:

But you're right.  Nick would be doing the same thing in Adam's place - and let's not forget the shit he covered up about Dummer's paternity.

And when he wanted full custody of Faith (I think it was Faith), mostly because Sharon was with Adam (MM version) which Nick could not stand, he sicced Victor on the situation which is then how Sharon ended up being charged for murder by Christine for the death of Phyllis (???) in the volcano in Hawaii. I still remember very vividly when Sharon, Adam and baby Faith (?) were sitting eating lunch, a very contented group, when Christine marched in and had Sharon arrested and I think Nick was there to grab Faith. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I have to sort of come to Nick's defense with regards to the Christian situation.  Adam did intentionally attempt hide that he was Christian's father,  and allow Nick to believe that he was.  However, l do agree that Nick is nearly as selfish as Adam; and his self-righteousness can make him even more annoying.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

When they play the Shadam/Poldark music while Sharon is having sex with Rey, does that mean she is fantasizing about Adam the whole time?

Afterwards Rey should have used the line that someone in the same circumstances used on Killing Eve: "Thanks for the threesome."

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Rey Rey compared Sharon to Mia today 🔥 after he caught her hugging Adam!  And then he stomped out.

Adam taunted Nick today and told him that Vic paid him the $27 mil and gave him Chelz' number.  Nick furiously confronted Vic, who basically said, suck it, I am trying to protect my job here, who cares about your company or your kid.  And later Billy told her she did the right thing, because at least she did something to get rid of Adam, unlike Nick. Billy, did you miss the part where Adam didn't leave plus stole Nick's company?

We now know that Adam is holding Chloe somewhere.  And at the end of the ep he got an angry text from Chipmunk demanding that he release her now!

Oh, and Nate's treatment for Prick's illness is not working.  I am so uninterested in this story that I don't actually know what is wrong with Prick.

Paul and Christine had a romantic picnic in the park where JT was buried.

Dummer is distraught about Phyllis, and Lola tries to empathize and tells her about her mother, and mentions that she speaks to her every day.  WTF?  I don't think we have ever seen one convo between Lola and her off-screen mother, but I guess they are preparing us for the arrival of

Spoiler

Eva LaRue 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I’m really supposed to believe 

Spoiler

Eva La Rue could be scruffy, tired eyed, Sharon banging, Rey’s mom? Maybe if she had him in HS and Rey’s lived a rough life, I guess. 

I agree w above post that this entire show is revolving around ADAM, horrible Phyllis, & the human Ambien square faced couple Lola and Kyle. 💤 in what world is any of this serial drama content? Some dude being called evil and dastardly and being like “whatever” to it while making normal requests. A late 40s “corporate leader” and “mother” behaving like an entitled banshee twisting every situation to react like an enraged narcissist. She eventually gets kidnapped and literally only her village idiot daughter, who she also treats like shit and who she taught to be an oblivious selfish moron as well, is the only one that who cares. And the always exciting  seeing Lola and Kyle chant to each other how amazing and in love they are daily. Hearing that rephrased 157 ways a week with the same canned expressions and vocal tones totally counts as a storyline. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m really supposed to believe 

Reveal spoiler

Eva La Rue could be scruffy, tired eyed, Sharon banging, Rey’s mom? Maybe if she had him in HS and Rey’s lived a rough life, I guess. 

I agree w above post that this entire show is revolving around ADAM, horrible Phyllis, & the human Ambien square faced couple Lola and Kyle. 💤 in what world is any of this serial drama content? Some dude being called evil and dastardly and being like “whatever” to it while making normal requests. A late 40s “corporate leader” and “mother” behaving like an entitled banshee twisting every situation to react like an enraged narcissist. She eventually gets kidnapped and literally only her village idiot daughter, who she also treats like shit and who she taught to be an oblivious selfish moron as well, is the only one that who cares. And the always exciting  seeing Lola and Kyle chant to each other how amazing and in love they are daily. Hearing that rephrased 157 ways a week with the same canned expressions and vocal tones totally counts as a storyline. 

I wish I could give this 100 "likes".....these are my sentiments, exactly!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Love 5

Lola bothers me. She seems so monotone or something in the way she speaks. I just don't find her interesting. I think Kyle is cute. he needs a different partner. Someone livelier, but not skanky Summer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think the actor who plays Kyle is cute but (and I feel kinda bad for saying this because there's nothing he can do about it) his head is too big for his shoulders.

• Love 1

Prick summons all his offspring to NE.  They all squabble both before and after he tells them he is gravely ill.  Vic says she can take over at NE so Prick can tend to his health and Abby calls her out for her blatant opportunism.  Prick talks to Adam alone to offer him NE.  Adam tells him no.  In the meantime Vic has run crying to Billy and it is unclear if she is crying over her dad being sick or over him constantly treating her like a piece of shit.  But in fairness to Prick, Vic was incompetent when running her own company and had to be bailed out by daddy.

Drinki has gone completely Stepford Wife again.  It must be so difficult for MTS whenever they do this to her character.

• Love 13
(edited)
57 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks bannana! Anything about Chloe?

Trying to remember! 💡 Oh, there was a text that Rey Rey received from Nick.  It told him that Adam was meeting with Kevin Fischer and this was all tied somehow to Chloe.  But that confused me because why was Nick telling that to Rey Rey.  Maybe I missed something there.  Other than that, nothing new.  Show today was mostly about Prick and his progeny.

Oh, and the other storyline was Traci reading from her book to Dina so we got more black and white scenes! Traci reads something about the guy at the door being tall and handsome, and it's Billy!  🤣 So I guess Billy is the husband of Lily's character in this story.  And he is fooling around with Victoria's character.  And Cane's character gets bonked on the head while he is detecting, and dragged away by Billy's goon. I don't really pay too much attention to this entire plot line but that is the gist.  One thing I noticed is that JT as this character reminded me a bit of Fred MacMurray. 😁

And there was some stuff about Kola engagement and wedding planning along with Messa and Abby, who is the maid of honour.

Edited by bannana
grammar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8