Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, jewel21 said:

This conversation really happened today between my mom and I. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it,  heh. 

Mom: So they finally showed the old Phyllis again. 

Me: I heard. 

Mom: You haven't watched yet?

Me: No, I'm behind. 

Mom: I squealed so hard. I'm so excited she's back! 

*crickets*

Me (hesitantly): A lot of people don't like her...

Mom: I like her, and Denis (her boyfriend) likes her, too. 

Me: People say she comes off kind of crazy...

Mom: That's why I like her! 

*crickets*

Oh, well. There's no accounting for taste, heh. 

An 89 year old friend  refers to Victor as "that scamp"

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, valleycliffe said:

i don't either, i think she is just being herself no matter what role she thinks shes playing.

Oh, I agree, Valley! I saw her in the movie Double Jeopardy. The only difference in her *performance* as Suzanne (basically one scene, one line), was that she had a southern accent (a rather poor one I might add). For better or worse, GT did a better job as Phyllis, especially at first. She was nuanced then, but that was before the producers/writers decided the character had to go back to the old default setting. You all know the one: basically Norma Desmond Does Jazz Hands.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, crowsworks said:

An 89 year old friend  refers to Victor as "that scamp"

My late grandmother was calling Victor “that bastard” until the year she died at 91. She’d spit it out with a venom-laced french accent, and I loved it. When Victor really frosted her cookies, he became “that son of a bitch.” 

My mother, on the other hand, thinks Victor is some kind of hero and his idiot baboon son Nick is all that and a bag of banana chips. She thinks Cane is sexy AF. 

Wow, great to see old Phyllis again. Y&R has far too much scenery, and Stafford will dispatch it with astounding efficiency through vigorous chewing. It’s an environmentally friendly, cost effective solution.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

Phyllis/MS is really unattractive physically and the character is trash. At this point it’s basically Victor but less successful and female. Total narcissists and delusional AF and just gross to listen too.

Kyle and Lola:

“I love you” “you love me” “you’re amazing” “we’re amazing” “youre great” “our love is amazing” “it’s great we’re in love”  “I concur we are both above average and in love” “I haven’t mentioned lately you’re great and ...(beat) I love you” 

that 20x a week sandwiched between Adam is not nice and Tessa is not allowed to be Jewel is story, apparently.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

ms phyl has terrible posture.  she slouches...

wonder if kids made fun of her when she was young for being tall and skinny.

a million years ago when i was in junior high, there was a classmate who continually slouched because of being  made fun of for being tall and skinny.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Okay, Canadians! On Soap Central they're speculating that Chance is back and he was the one who tipped off Victor about Adam being alive and they has also given Phyllis some inside scoop on what Adam was up to in Vegas before Victor discovered him there. Actually on SOC it's contained in a spoiler thread. Is this true? We know Chance is alive and supposedly in WITSEC, but occasionally works undercover for the Feds.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Okay, Canadians! On Soap Central they're speculating that Chance is back and he was the one who tipped off Victor about Adam being alive and they has also given Phyllis some inside scoop on what Adam was up to in Vegas before Victor discovered him there. Actually on SOC it's contained in a spoiler thread. Is this true? We know Chance is alive and supposedly in WITSEC, but occasionally works undercover for the Feds.

Remember when Jack was looking for some Chancellor DNA (before that horrific scene of Kyle digging up Philip Chancellor's body and stealing his thumb or something), he contacted both Philip in Australia and Chance to see if they would donate some and found out that Philip and Chance were off on a long vacation mountain trekking in the Himalayas. 

So I guess he's out of WITSEC.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, jewel21 said:

This conversation really happened today between my mom and I. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it,  heh. 

Mom: So they finally showed the old Phyllis again. 

Me: I heard. 

Mom: You haven't watched yet?

Me: No, I'm behind. 

Mom: I squealed so hard. I'm so excited she's back! 

*crickets*

Me (hesitantly): A lot of people don't like her...

Mom: I like her, and Denis (her boyfriend) likes her, too. 

Me: People say she comes off kind of crazy...

Mom: That's why I like her! 

*crickets*

Oh, well. There's no accounting for taste, heh. 

fc4.jpg.a47a5c84a5cf7df574b6aecbc3b0d099.jpg

....well, alrighty then 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

But for real, there's good crazy that shakes up the canvas and there's bad crazy that irritated the shit outta me. I guess I can tolerate this Phyllis as long as she doesn't go back to being a Stepford wife like she was while married to Nick and they take a long ass time before pairing her off with anyone again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I too heard the rumor Chance is coming back. Though why he’d collab w Turd and be gambling w Adam is beyond me. 

I hope the mule with red hair doesn’t get her Phyllis stink all over him. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, boes said:

Philip and Chance were off on a long vacation mountain trekking in the Himalayas. 

Whut! I guess I missed that. Whelp, I guess Chance conquered the Himalayas and trekked himself all the way back to Vegas. Strange. I wouldn't have thought Chance would be a Vegas kinda guy.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I’ve missed a few episodes and haven’t done the PVR thing yet but watched live today. 

SSDD as far as Phyl is concerned. 🙄 I truly can’t with her. 

Nikki’s blouse looked great on her. A beautiful colour with her hair and colouring. 

Sorry Victor, not sorry. 😬

• Love 6
On 6/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Toomuchsoap said:

Whut! I guess I missed that. Whelp, I guess Chance conquered the Himalayas and trekked himself all the way back to Vegas. Strange. I wouldn't have thought Chance would be a Vegas kinda guy.

Chance is in the military. Enlisted men enjoy going to Vegas and having a good time.

And Chance has money too. He split a good chuck of change, over a billion ,(from Katherine's will) with his Dad-Phillip III, his Mo-Nina, Brock, and Mac.

Plus Nina was managing a hefty trust fund for the Phillip's back in the nineties. Victor was managing it for them for awhile. I imagine she's passed it on to them by now.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

She’s too good for him.

The only woman on the show who isn't too good for him is Phyllis.

That'd teach her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

MS voice grates. 

I'm hoping the Cane/Tracy kiss is another fake-out, but the Universe isn't normally that kind, heh. 

Kyle has become so dull. And dear lord, those two just got engaged, and already a bridal shower?! Are they getting married next week?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Kyle has become so dull. And dear lord, those two just got engaged, and already a bridal shower?! Are they getting married next week?

Hey, this is practically a slow burn compared with B&B, where he would've married her, waffled back to Summer now that she's kinda got a new guy and be begging Lola to sign an annullment by now! 🤣

But no really, why the rush? If Summer:'s not gonna discover she's pregnant soon (God forbid: we already see the horrendous idiocy of Newman/Abbott genes in Abby without the rampent horniness of the Summers DNA mixed in!), why not let them just be engaged for a few months?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, boes said:

The only woman on the show who isn't too good for him is Phyllis.

That'd teach her.

boes, you ole matchmaker you!

With some Chancellor or other coming to town, maybe Phyllis' chaosdar suggests she cosy up to something vaguely connected to a Chancellor.

BTW, I'm quite pissed off that the Chancellors, a tentpole family have been let go to seed. For me, this partly accounts for the Newmanizing of show, with only feeble burps from the Abbotts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL @ Jack crushing a piece of chocolate to see if something is hidden inside. 

Oh, man. I missed it! That's what happens when you don't look up from your iPad, heh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I’m not blown away w Mama Rosales. She acted scandalized over a red bra and like Lola is still a virgin. Pretty judge when her daughter was in a coma for a month and she didn’t even visit. She also wasn’t at her son’s vow renewal or other son’s engagement party to their “Ubby”

Speaking of which I’m tired of Ubby and Kyle being up Lola’s ass. Mary Sue city.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m not blown away w Mama Rosales. She acted scandalized over a red bra and like Lola is still a virgin. Pretty judge when her daughter was in a coma for a month and she didn’t even visit. She also wasn’t at her son’s vow renewal or other son’s engagement party to their “Ubby”

Speaking of which I’m tired of Ubby and Kyle being up Lola’s ass. Mary Sue city.

She probably still thinks she is. What's Ubby, Precious? Eh, what's Ubby?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I know it is terrible on my part but I just wanted the cops to come in and arrest Chloe and get her out of sight forever.  Just go away Chloe.  Now.

I find it hard to believe that Bella has never mentioned her mother to her grandmother.

I am pretending this Trane thing is just not happening.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Why wasn't Sharon at the shower?  She is going to be Lola's f-buddy-in-law, after all?

Perhaps Mami Celeste's interest in Lola's undergarments is an homage to Eva's days as Saint Maria of the Padded Bra?!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

What a pathetically small bridal shower.  Couldn't they have hired a few extras to show that Lola had some friends besides the regular characters?  And what's with the half-naked waiters?  That doesn't seem like something shy Lola would want.

• Love 4

So the big incriminating evidence against Nick is the video of him pretending to be JT. 🙄

Adam tells Nick to hand over Christian right now!  Nick says he won't.  They are about to come to blows and Chelz walks in! 😲

Meanwhile Chloe tells Billy everything, and says she wants him to protect Kevin from Adam but that he must not confront Adam about the kidnapping.  She says it will blow up Delia's life.  So as soon as he says goodbye to Chloe, Billy goes to the Abbott manse to pick up his gun.  🔫

Phyllis is sashaying around town and getting her and her boobs in everyone's face.  First Sharon, re Adam and Rey Rey.  Then Kevin, who is uncomfortable because of that whole kidnapping thing.  But Adam told Kevin that Phyllis doesn't know it was him.  So there is this awkward convo.  In the previews for next week Phyllis learns that Kev kidnapped her and he looks worried.  They are playing these two completely hammy.  No thanks. 🐽

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Meanwhile Chloe tells Billy everything, and says she wants him to protect Kevin from Adam but that he must not confront Adam about the kidnapping.  She says it will blow up Delia's life.  So as soon as he says goodbye to Chloe, Billy goes to the Abbott manse to pick up his gun.  🔫

Oh no.....NOT Vigilante ButtBiscuit, not again.

How Billy sees himself...

giphy.gif

How Billy REALLY appears....

giphy.gif

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)

When I saw ReyRey and his well-groomed eyebrows lounging on Sharon's couch today talking about getting LV dirt on Adam, I got a flash of Rey going incognito in Vegas in a showgirl costume & headdress.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Why were Mariah and Tessa even there?

Probably because Mariah and Kyle are friends, and Tessa just tagged along.  Haven't the four of them double-dated?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6