Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

When I saw ReyRey and his well-groomed eyebrows lounging on Sharon's couch today talking about getting LV dirt on Adam, I got a flash of Rey going incognito in Vegas in a showgirl costume & headdress.

LOL!!! 

WHY, why why can't we see THAT on screen??

giphy.gif

Thump it with a trumpet, Rey Rey.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Was Sharon there? It would make more sense.

Yes, since she and Rey are now together, it would have made sense if she had attended the tiny party.  I guess Abby forgot about her.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Adam wants Chelz and Connor to come live with him, and she says no, it would be too disruptive to Connor, and that her husband Calvin 😲 has adopted Connor.  If Nick was smart he would convince Chelz to be with Adam cause then he would have his own kid and maybe he would leave Christian with Nick.  But Nick warns Chelz away from Adam.

MS is really hamming it up as Phyllis and it is seriously unwatchable.  She smells Kevin's cologne and accuses him of kidnapping her but he talks his way out of it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, bannana said:

If Nick was smart

😂😂😂😂😂 Good one!

But no, I suspect Chelz, like Sharon before that, will just be one more reason for Nick and AA to piss on the other's leg over. Yawn. Chelsea is the Windows Notepad of Genoa City: the most basic of a wide field of basic bitches that includes lame ass Lola and Abby and Summer. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

This show is so awful right now I think I'm taking it off my DVR. From the moment StaffInfection showed up again I have wished for her death. Ditto nuNuNewAdam, he's awful. He is what they turned GT's Syph into, a perpetually angry sod, except that Adam is so evil that it's not entertaining in the least. And stupid ass Kevin, who has almost never made the right decision, once again panics and goes off the rails making the worst decision possible. It's like these writers aren't even TRYING.

And the whole Kyle/Lola/Dummer situation is like a stale fart. We get it, Dummer's going to try to sabotage their wedding plans. We.Get.It. Let's move along already, this has been done to death already. It's like the writers have about 10 possible story lines in their playbooks and they just keep re using them over and over and over again because they're hacks and can't write their way out of a paper bag. Oy, I'm pissed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

TBH I haven’t watched a full episode for two or three weeks. The last scene I remember paying attention to was when Adam and Nick were about to punch each other’s lights out, and Chelz busted through the door and ordered them to stop. B O R I N G

• Love 4

Kevin, Phyllis has threatened you I think we know the only logical defense is to lock her in a freezer and burn the entire building down. 

Since it is Phyllis you might want to play it safe and simply bomb the place. 

Chelsea should have let Nick and Adam beat the hell out of each other. So she came back. To inform Adam she wasn’t coming back. Whatever.

I liked the Hilary flashbacks. She was undeniably attractive and interesting, also could be a bitch without seemed narcissistic or deranged. People telling Devon what to do or how to grieve and parenting him is getting old. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
18 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

so, with adam alive does that mean that chelz' marriage and nuhubby's adoption of connor is void?

No. He was ruled dead by the coroner's office based on DNA evidence and some fragmentary human remains ruled Adam's. He was legally dead at the time Chelsea married so the marriage and adoption are legal. That marriage would stand. That said, Adam being discovered alive would present some legal hurdles for him. First of all, he'd likely be investigated and prosecuted for faking his death, if indeed he did that. His explanation was that he was blown out of the cabin or something like that and he wound up on a westbound train somehow and he doesn't remember how that came to be. He's said he had amnesia, but who knows? If not prosecuted, at a minimum he would have to reestablish his identity, get new social security numbers, etc., inasmuch as the social security administration would have demised his identity number within their system based on the death certificate issued by the county. Any other identity cards such as passports or drivers licenses, etc. would have also been demised simultaneously. Any financial accounts would have been handled within the probate system regardless of whether he had a will or not. Chelsea would have benefited as his widow, along with their son Connor.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2

I think the marriage with Chelz has to be legally dissolved once he is declared alive. She won't be charged with bigamy. As for the adoption? Adam is alive and he can request the adoption to be overturned as he did not give up his parental rights.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

No. He was ruled dead by the coroner's office based on DNA evidence and some fragmentary human remains ruled Adam's. He was legally dead at the time Chelsea married so the marriage and adoption are legal. That marriage would stand. That said, Adam being discovered alive would present some legal hurdles for him. First of all, he'd likely be investigated and prosecuted for faking his death, if indeed he did that. His explanation was that he was blown out of the cabin or something like that and he wound up on a westbound train somehow and he doesn't remember how that came to be. He's said he had amnesia, but who knows? If not prosecuted, at a minimum he would have to reestablish his identity, get new social security numbers, etc., inasmuch as the social security administration would have demised his identity number within their system based on the death certificate issued by the county. Any other identity cards such as passports or drivers licenses, etc. would have also been demised simultaneously. Any financial accounts would have been handled within the probate system regardless of whether he had a will or not. Chelsea would have benefited as his widow, along with their son Connor. 

But then again...…...this is Genoise City

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think the marriage with Chelz has to be legally dissolved once he is declared alive. She won't be charged with bigamy. As for the adoption? Adam is alive and he can request the adoption to be overturned as he did not give up his parental rights.

"Dissolved" leads my mind to strange places, regarding this storyline, these characters.

Could we maybe skip the court battles, the lawyers, the impassioned speeches, the hurt feelings and covert looks and just go with

giphy.gif

this instead?

That's the kind of "dissolve" I think Genoa City justice calls for.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

The only thing more boring than Chelsea's marriage to Adam was her living with notBilly (Burgess Jenkins) and then Nick in this same apartment.  MCE is now in the opening credits, so it looks like she'll be around to bore us for awhile.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Since she's back shouldn't Chelsea be arrested for stealing from Fenmores? She's wandering around the parks and going to carnivals.  

Chelsea doesn't know her husband at all considering he showed up pm Adam's doorstep. And how old is he?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well, it's official now, I am no longer taping this shit show. I watched at the gym today and as soon as I saw SYPHyllis waving her arms all awkward like, and making her weird facial and body gesticulations, I felt ill. Then when I had to watch yet another scene where Adam is an evil motherfucker, I just said to myself, I'm done! These two and Kevin have ruined this show for me right now. I just can't take it. When MS left I was so happy, and I am soooo bummed out that her lowbrow, dumpster-humping, twisty pron arms, bug eyed 'acting' is back. And there is no fun or joy or interest in Adam's story either. So yeah, way to fuck it up in record time Josh. Way.To.Go.Asshat.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

The only thing more boring than Chelsea's marriage to Adam was her living with notBilly (Burgess Jenkins) 

I forget about they were a thing. I forgot if she cheated with Nick or Adam, but Billy found out and waited till they were at the alter to dump her ass and I laughed my whole ass off. 🤣😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I forget about they were a thing. I forgot if she cheated with Nick or Adam, but Billy found out and waited till they were at the alter to dump her ass and I laughed my whole ass off. 🤣😂

Adam.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Victor Newman at the State Fair? Yeah, right.

Is Chelsea’s husband’s accent real? I suppose that Calvin is supposed to be a silver fox, à la John Slattery, but for me, he falls very short of the mark.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

THIS made me "laugh my whole ass off"

I love that saying!  Why just laugh 'your ass off' when you can laugh your whole ass off?

Too funny!!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, gingerella said:

This show is so awful right now I think I'm taking it off my DVR. From the moment StaffInfection showed up again I have wished for her death. Ditto nuNuNewAdam, he's awful. He is what they turned GT's Syph into, a perpetually angry sod, except that Adam is so evil that it's not entertaining in the least. And stupid ass Kevin, who has almost never made the right decision, once again panics and goes off the rails making the worst decision possible. It's like these writers aren't even TRYING.

And the whole Kyle/Lola/Dummer situation is like a stale fart. We get it, Dummer's going to try to sabotage their wedding plans. We.Get.It. Let's move along already, this has been done to death already. It's like the writers have about 10 possible story lines in their playbooks and they just keep re using them over and over and over again because they're hacks and can't write their way out of a paper bag. Oy, I'm pissed.

Yesterday was the first day I felt exactly as you do.  But you said it better than I did - it truly is as if the writers aren't even trying!  It's like they feel all they have to do is bring back every actor who left the show to reprise their role, but then give them crappy lines.  I was super pissed about it yesterday with regard to the Phyllis character.

And because I don't say it enough - BRING BACK GLORIA!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
38 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

And because I don't say it enough - BRING BACK GLORIA!

we aren't allowed to have nice things,  instead they gave us manhands chelz....

ETA:  i was going to call her manjaw but she seems to have a pointy chin now...

Edited by valleycliffe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

True story...yesterday I came home and sat down to watch Y&R whilst eating lunch. I was a bit put out that my DVR didn't have the day's recording, so I checked "Missed Recordings" and nope, nada, zip, bupkis! Then I suddenly remembered, "Oh yeah...I decided to delete it from my DVR yesterday because it sucks ass so bad now and MS/Syph and the dullard that is Adam are eating the show alive anyway..." Then I laughed, because it's so ingrained in  me to watch this show daily, but it's so bad now that I just can't. So I'll tune in sometimes at the gym, but mostly I'm here for the snark. So THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK to you guys who are still able to watch...you're doing a huge service to the masses who cannot stomach this anymore. No, really, thank you for watching and posting here, along with recrap links (thank you @valleycliffe!), so I don't have to suffer anymore! *mwah*

17 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

Victor Newman at the State Fair? Yeah, right. 

Hahahahahaha...well, maybe there's one of those Punching Bags of Virility as a carnival game?

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

It's fourth of July so people are WORKING!?

Dummer ditches Phyllis with a note that says drunk Dummer loves her mommy, but sober Dummer needs more time.  Phyllis goes to Social to find her;  Jack and Kyle say they had had a meeting and Dummer left.  Phyllis then breaks down about Dummer in front of Jack.  He tries to give her advice.  He tells her she has always been tough and tenacious but this new Phyllis (hahaha!) is angry, bitter and vindictive.  Phyllis doesn't take it well and sings her own praises as she is now his peer, and tells him about her success at DH, invites him to her party at Adam's (wasn't that supposed to be last night?) and flounces out.

Lola fesses up to Celeste that she and Kyle are living together.  Celeste tells her daughter that already knew that.  BTW, ELR is stunning and hasn't aged and has a smoking hot body.  Wow.  👀 Sadly, Lola is wearing an unfortunate jumpsuit that makes her boobs misshapen and not matchy matchy IFKWIM.  

At the Abbott manse they are having a family get together so that Celeste can meet the Abbotts and vice versa.  Celeste has already mentioned to Lola that she thinks Jack is handsome.  For some reason Abby and Billy don't attend.  Not sure why Lola wouldn't text Kyle to warn him that Celeste knows the truth now. Kyle and Traci keep the ruse going about him living at the manse and swimming laps and having breakfast with the family.  Lola and Celeste tell him the jig is up.  It's all very pleasant and good-natured.  But Celeste tells him he cannot move back home till after the wedding.  Celeste is Traci's number one fan, and they talk about her book.  Jack arrives home and Celeste begins to full on flirt with him.  Cane arrives and Traci says she invited him.  Jack looks bemused.  Jack makes a toast and says that these types of gatherings are very important in the lead up to a wedding so the two families can get to know each other.  That sounds like they have a lot of weddings, which they do, but it also reminds us that the last such party was for Arturo and Abby.  No one mentioned that though.  Kyle tells Celeste that he will love and honour Lola forever.  So right about then I expected Dummer to show up but no such luck.

Phyllis arrives at Adam's PH only to find the caterers and a note that he had some things to take care of and will try to make it if he can.  She is not amused.  When Lauren and Mikey arrive as the first guests, Phyllis is underwhelmed.  Lauren points out that they are late, and where is everyone else.  Lauren points out it may have something to do with Phyllis and Adam teaming up against the world.  Phyllis tells Mikey that she's glad he didn't bring his kidnapping bro Kevin.

In the boring Ana/Messa plotline, Ana  has released the video without ever showing it to Devon.  To celebrate they are going to the carnival.  First Kevin meets up with Mariah at CL and he says he is taking a more positive attitude about the mess he's in.  They decide to go to the carnival too.

For some reason, Cane and Traci go to the carnival.  He suggests she write a sequel to her book with the same characters, and whoop, there we go, back into black and white world at the carnival.  They are really going there with these two.  As much as I love seeing Traci being in a relationship, it sickens me that it is with Cane.  Also at the carnival, Mariah is worried that Kevin has disappeared, but it was just cause he got the carnival to play Tessa's song.  I was briefly excited that Adam had kidnapped him.

Lola and Kyle are getting lovey dovey, but Celeste wants to watch the fireworks on TV.  They finally convince her to go home so they could go to the carnival but they decide to make their own fireworks after she leaves.

Traci tells Cane she will be going to NYC and he is also going to a seminar there, they should catch a show together and she agrees.  Blech.

Meanwhile Jack shows up at Phyllis' party and she snarks at him when he says it looks like a wake, not a party.  Later Lauren confides in Jack that Phyllis and Mikey are keeping a secret from her and he says it was probably just the awkwardness of a seriously bad party.  Hah!  Phyllis overhears and tells him to leave.  Lauren and Mikey decide they should go to and Lauren tries to advise her on her behaviour.  They leave and then, drinking right out of the champagne bottle, Phyllis watches the fireworks, in tears.  

Happy 4th of July!  🎪🎡🎢🗽🎆

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

poor phyl, and now she won't be able to hang like an air freshener around nick's neck either cause chelz will be needing some comfort and joy..

ETA:  thanks for the awesome recap bannana...

Edited by valleycliffe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

poor phyl, and now she won't be able to hang like an air freshener around nick's neck either cause chelz will be needing some comfort and joy..

ETA:  thanks for the awesome recap bannana...

I have been watching sporadically, but it was a pretty good episode to recap.  You are welcome!

Part of the reason I am not watching is I cannot stand the hammy overacting from MS, but also now from some of her costars.  She is bringing out the worst in them.  I cannot believe  this but I actually miss GT as Phyllis!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Disclaimer - I haven’t been watching - but we’re expected to believe that Eva La Rue’s character is Rey Rey’s mother? 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, but I bet she's not too thrilled about it either.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Poor Phyllis. One of the most important aspects of making and keeping friends is not being an asshole. Of course, being an asshole is not a blanket deterrent to having a relationship, as Cane endlessly proves. Your asshole game has to be next level, eight dimensional, all-time elite to end up like Phyllis. 

I don’t understand why Billy wasn’t at Kyle’s partay. It’s not like Celeste is unfamiliar with having a buttbiscuit in the family. Arturo did cheat on his partner with his older brother’s horrid wife and had a pretty bodacious set of nostrils. Talk about your classic buttbiscuit and a great conversation starter for Celeste and Jack. Missed opportunities, yo.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, catalogrrr said:

Is Christian LeBlanc wearing a wig? I really can’t believe that hair he is sporting in today’s Canadian episode is a stylistic choice.

He's been wearing that dreadful wig for a while now and I cannot figure out why.  But then his onscreen wife is no better, so....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

13 hours ago, gingerella said:

. So THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK to you guys who are still able to watch...you're doing a huge service to the masses who cannot stomach this anymore. No, really, thank you for watching and posting here, along with recrap links (thank you @valleycliffe!), so I don't have to suffer anymore! *mwah*

Hahahahahaha...well, maybe there's one of those Punching Bags of Virility as a carnival game?

I thought they might have one of those big Thor hammer things so Prick could ring the bell and shoe those young punks how it's done!

• LOL 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Jack to Phyllis: Maybe you should try. Changing your entire personality.

😂🤣 ⚰️

i believe nick told her that once before too.  she told him she didn't think she needed to.

ETA:  i think nick told her that around the time she lost the blueberry and nick had found out she was lying to him or something.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

i read elsewhere that calvin and chelz have an argument about adam and connor...he thinks she should let him see the boy.  chelz is against it...guess the argument gives him a heart attack.

chelz is polishing up her crown for queen of the b's i guess.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

After his offscreen visit with Adam, Calvin tells Chelz that he wants to sign over custody to Adam and that he wants to start his own family with Chelz.  She is horrified and outraged.  He reminds her that she signed away Johnny's paternity.  He also says Adam deserves to have his son.  She says no way.  By the end of the show Nick comes to comfort Chelz as Calvin is being wheeled out DOA! and Adam and Phyllis arrive and look on.

Why did they bring Calvin on to kill him off?   Also, their discussion did not seem like one that would lead to a heart attack.

The rest of the ep:

• Phyllis is at the PH wallowing in self-pity eating a Costco-sized cake and drinking out of the bottle of champagne.  Have I mentioned how much I detest her?  MS is incredibly worse here than she was on GH. 🤢   Adam arrives and they trade barbs about the non party and other stuff.  Oh yeah, she reveals that Nick blames her for Chelz having to leave town and Adam wants to know more but she changes the subjects  She then says she is on the top of the world and the party to celebrate her hotel will be the one where crowd size matters and she leaves.  Adam texts with Kevin who is trailing Chelz and her husband.  He is the one who alerts Adam that EMTs were called to the GCAC.
  • Dummer and Nick bond over take-out, their issues with Phyllis, and their love lives. They are clearly setting up for Nick/Chelz.  And Nick downplays the problems that caused Chelz to leave town.  He counsels Dummer to talk one on one with Theo, who is already back in town.
  • Theo bumps into Elena and Devon at CL, and he shares that the Tessa video could have been better.  Devon hires him to mentor Ana, who at first is incensed.  Later Theo convinces her that it will be to her benefit, and they toast, and Dummer walks in and sees this and is deflated.
  • Billy sees Vic at the office, she has forgotten about his birthday dinner.  He is okay with that and she regales him with her big power move on Phyllis and Dark Horse.  Something about razing a building.  It sounded petty but he is super proud of her.  Then they go to the carnival and eat junk food.  Vic is elated.  She wants to compete with him shooting targets and she is having an outstanding time and doesn't notice that he is fantasizing about guns and Adam while he stand next to her with his toy target gun.  They even do that Hitchcock camera move where his head slowly zooms toward the camera whilst the background goes fuzzy.  It was funny! 😵

Previews:  Pricktor, with Drinki by his side, to Christine, with Paul by her side, in the park:  Madame Prosecutor, I understand you are going to make an announcement today.  Paul to Phyllis, in the park, and she is dressed in belly exposing work out gear:  I would like to hear a lot more about this vacation of yours, and the truth this time.  Adam to Chelz:  There's no more road blocks, we can finally get back together, we can be the way that we were meant to be.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Why did they bring Calvin on to kill him off?   Also, their discussion did not seem like one that would lead to a heart attack.

giggle giggle, maybe chelz feeds him viagra cocktails like gloria did to john abbott...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

giggle giggle, maybe chelz feeds him viagra cocktails like gloria did to john abbott...

I just watched it again to see if there is any clue.  This is the most calm even-keeled guy to be in a disagreement with.  So, yeah, I vote hanky-panky.  Maybe Anita is in an adjoining suite and took care of him?  Chelz was wearing clothes while they argued, but when she called Nick in a panic she was wearing a robe.  🤔

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i read elsewhere that calvin and chelz have an argument about adam and connor...he thinks she should let him see the boy.  chelz is against it...guess the argument gives him a heart attack.

chelz is polishing up her crown for queen of the b's i guess.

Well, that’s one way to solve that issue!

Lame. I can’t believe Chelsea the human Trimble managed to snag a (fairly decent looking!) rich husband while overseas (???) yet on B&B Steffy and Hope both came back from Europe single. What an injustice. 🙄

i kid, But seriously...how? This has to be a new grift of hers. Chelz has the personality of a doorknob.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Chelsea tells Paul .. she & Calvin went to bed & a few hours later .. she woke up and Calvin was "still".

She was furious with Calvin.  I doubt if they just went to bed and fell asleep without some serious fighting.  Maybe the stress caused a heart attack.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4