Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Obviously it wasn't done with bad intent, but it's pretty common for a barbie doll to be a blonde blue eyed white girl so I was making the distinction that she was a gorgeous black barbie since I had both when I was a kid.

That’s a good point!

Lee Meriwether, she was a great Miss America

Debbye Turner, she was a great black Miss America

Yeah, that sounds good!👌🏽 

• Love 4
On 11/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, Jess14 said:

Those are definitely defining features on her, and the dimples and the big smile are the only reasons why I believe that the picture above is her lol. She just looks very different to me. 

She looks so much younger in this picture!!! Not sure if it's the dark hair, the length of it or how she's wearing it.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, ByTor said:

Not a fan of that makeup at all, the highlighter on both of them looks like racing stripes.

I like Michelle with dark hair like she had hen she was a DCC. 

• Love 1
On 12/2/2018 at 11:06 AM, MrsEVH said:

Whose holding the baby?

I personally think this is pretty immature to do this at your wedding. Yes, you were all DCC's, but you aren't now. You are mature adults, and some with kids. Living out your glory days at a wedding is just wrong. I'm actually embarrassed for them.

• Love 7

I'm rewatching pieces of season 10 (I mainly wanted to see KaShara wearing the wrong uniform on the first day ((I forgot that Raylee, her roommate at the time, wore the wrong one too)). Maybe a hot take but I really really liked TCC Colby. Kelli was a brat to her. I thought Colby would have had a great alternative DCC look if she gained five pounds and slightly adjusted her makeup and hair, and she was a good dancer. She also seemed chill and like someone I could hang out with in real life.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, morningglory said:

Please tell me Brittney Evans wasn't one of the mean girls--she was always my favorite!

She was more of a goody two shoes suck up. Not a mean girl. Brit was already married and a pro dancer for places like Disney, so she had better insight? than those girls who lived for DCC. I think part of why she's still so involved with DCC is bc she teaches dance in Dallas, not bc she can't get over it. 

6 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I'm rewatching pieces of season 10 (I mainly wanted to see KaShara wearing the wrong uniform on the first day ((I forgot that Raylee, her roommate at the time, wore the wrong one too)). Maybe a hot take but I really really liked TCC Colby. Kelli was a brat to her. I thought Colby would have had a great alternative DCC look if she gained five pounds and slightly adjusted her makeup and hair, and she was a good dancer. She also seemed chill and like someone I could hang out with in real life.

Colby didn't bother me either. She was weird but Kelli went way over board hating her. I think Kelli resents those fan votes when fans pick somebody she didn't want around and she has to keep them in TC for a minute. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I personally think this is pretty immature to do this at your wedding. Yes, you were all DCC's, but you aren't now. You are mature adults, and some with kids. Living out your glory days at a wedding is just wrong. I'm actually embarrassed for them.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but because it's a tradition, they do it. I'm sure they're sick of hearing the damn song, but it's just like at NPHC sorority weddings. No matter how long ago you pledged, they always gather around the bride/groom (the sorority sisters or frat brothers) and sing. Tradition.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, ByTor said:

Jacie is looking great in her Rockette outfit...

Saw her last week! She did phenomenal, as expected. The Rockettes are just untouchable - simply amazing! I never get tired of seeing them. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, 8dallas said:

She is my fav of all time, she just was a star every game for me I dont think peps understand what a iconic DCC she is

I love Jacie!! I love trying to pick her out of the Rockettes lineup :) 

• Love 5

I don’t think the DCC doing their dances at weddings is any less mature than the Cha Cha Slide or the Cupid Shuffle and no one bats an eye at a group of adults at a party doing those dances. (I love me some Cupid shuffle)

• Love 12
22 hours ago, DBAAT said:

My cousin danced in high school and then joined a sorority house with a bunch of her fellow dancers. At her wedding they would spontaneously break out into hand motions from when they danced during marching band/football season. She was nearly 30. It's just what those girls did---I don't see it as immature, I see it as tradition. And, with few exceptions, I think once you're a DCC, you're a DCC for life. They have a legacy/sorority feel to the whole program. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Forgive me, I'm not a DCC aficionado, was Kathryn Dunn a DCC?

She tried out during Season 3 - wasn't a very powerful dancer, had memory problems and cried...….a lot.  Then she did the pageant circuit, came back in Season something and still had the issues she had before.  Then, she was reading these boards and was upset about her name being mentioned.  So she became Smathryn Smunn, Athrynkay Unnday,  she who shall not be named, etc.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nba-dancers-reveal-decades-long-culture-brainwashing-eating-disorders-unfair-pay-224511899.html

Couldn’t find an open topic for TCC from a previous season but this article quotes KD about problems within NBA dancers

Paid for charity events????  I would hope that a lot of the appearances for children, veterans and the elderly would be from volunteers.  Or if you are dealing with a non profit organization.  But with all the lawsuits, who knows?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, jlc said:

EMILY??? Really? How is she and what happened to her? 

I saw her recently looking like a JLO imitator...Its crazy when K&J know they know who deserves to be on the team..she would def cause petty drama

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KickPretty said:

I wonder why K&J and Shelly weren’t in there? ☹️ Were they there?  I haven’t seen pics of them there.

K&J went to Emma's wedding and Meredith's years ago, but I haven't seen them in anyone else's pictures that I can recall.  Of course that doesn't mean anything.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

TK is in Pepto pink, right? Who else is dancing?

It's hard to see on my tablet, but I think that's Kitty in the long black dress with silver? sides.

Kitty tagged 

@brookenix12 @crystale8 @marydillkrow @cassie_trammell @jordantabor & @brittevans_

in an instagram post about practicing for this dance:

Edited by hannahbanana
Got instagram post to post.
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

TK is in Pepto pink, right? Who else is dancing?

No...Tina K. is the one in the short black dress that goes down the middle with Kitty.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

It's hard to see on my tablet, but I think that's Kitty in the long black dress with silver? sides.

Kitty tagged 

@brookenix12 @crystale8 @marydillkrow @cassie_trammell @jordantabor & @brittevans_

in an instagram post about practicing for this dance:

Wow. I didn't really know how intertwined the DCCs were. I wonder if the whole VK debacle caused a great riff in their world.