Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

I’m not the biggest Cassie fan but dropping hints and gossip is just rude and unfair, to me at least.

My view is say what she’s accused of or leave it.

At this point, I don’t judge any of the girls for being human and making mistakes. I judge Jenna for dragging an underaged girl with her, but that’s because it’s illegal. I was never a Jenna fan much anyway so it’s easy to dislike her.

• Love 17
On 12/15/2018 at 1:47 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Eye catching? Because of the mistakes maybe... Whitney was amazing throughout but especially in the hip hop routine. I can’t believe they ever let Cassie dance in the triangle next to her.

BEST.LINE.EVER!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

We have a winner everyone! She did something a little naughty in her last season as a DCC while during a Show Group appearance with Jackie Bob. If another girl did the same thing, she would have been shown the door. I would not be surprise if she was doing other things before this one incident came to light years later.

So not surprised!  She seemed like the party girl type while trying to come across like the girl next door!

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I’m not the biggest Cassie fan but dropping hints and gossip is just rude and unfair, to me at least.

At this point, I don’t judge any of the girls for being human and making mistakes. I judge Jenna for dragging an underaged girl with her, but that’s because it’s illegal. I was never a Jenna fan much anyway so it’s easy to dislike her.

Agreed about Cassie. I think throwing out salacious allegations (she did something naughty), without actually saying what just leads to unfounded speculation. My definition of naughty may be totally different than someone else’s. I don’t really agree with the Jenna stuff. I think that’s squarely in line with the “being human and making mistakes” category.  Im not sure there was any illegality there on her part if she didn’t serve or buy Holly alcohol. Any illegal behavior would be on Holly (she was 20, not 2), and I also put her behavior in the “no big deal, we’re all human” category. I sure as hell went to parties and clubs with people who weren’t yet 21 when I was in college. If they wanna drink or get in with a fake Id - their business (that was my mentality lol).

• Love 20
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Agree about the Cassie (and others) innuendos, but I never pictured it as Jenna "dragging" Holly to the club. Seems to me like Holly was running there on her own, Jenna or no Jenna.

• Love 13
On 11/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, go4luca said:

I could be wrong but she wrote in this post she would be in Florida for the next 4 years.  Someone posted she was glad Brianna chose UT & Brianna responded saying how excited she was.  Maybe she models part time?

University of Tampa?

• Love 3

Ok I agree I may have been looking at Jenna  through the Kelli lens that Jenna had stepped up to be a leader as requested and she was therefore more responsible for Holly.

Looking at her as just a “friend” and possibly “bad influence” on Holly, it’s more than fair to say she made human errors that she very publicly paid for on the show. 

Holly paid too - including them keeping in the scene of her top falling off.

• Love 1

All I know is Jenna lost me after that season.  She was definitely one of their best dancers re: the DCC style but the whole text to Shelley about whether or not her removal as point girl was permanent, turned me off forever.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Ok I agree I may have been looking at Jenna  through the Kelli lens that Jenna had stepped up to be a leader as requested and she was therefore more responsible for Holly.

Looking at her as just a “friend” and possibly “bad influence” on Holly, it’s more than fair to say she made human errors that she very publicly paid for on the show. 

Holly paid too - including them keeping in the scene of her top falling off.

Yeah, I saw where Kelli was coming from, I just don’t agree to be honest.  I get that people in leadership positions should set an example, but ultimately, I’m for people being accountable for their own misdeeds, not for the deeds of other adults, especially when we’re talking about non-work behavior. In general though, I would never work somewhere that had the antiquated rules that the DCCs have, so there’s that. 

I’m not questioning anyone’s like or dislike of Jenna though. I always liked her, but other people feel differently, and we are all free to like or dislike whoever we want for whatever reason we want.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can someone point me at the video of that episode pls? I remember it but not what episode etc..

Should have been season 12 episode 3, since it happened at finals.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I saw where Kelli was coming from, I just don’t agree to be honest.  I get that people in leadership positions should set an example, but ultimately, I’m for people being accountable for their own misdeeds, not for the deeds of other adults, especially when we’re talking about non-work behavior. In general though, I would never work somewhere that had the antiquated rules that the DCCs have, so there’s that. 

I’m not questioning anyone’s like or dislike of Jenna though. I always liked her, but other people feel differently, and we are all free to like or dislike whoever we want for whatever reason we want.

And this right here is why we all think point is a leadership position now. Because they acted like Jenna has some kind of authority off the field of Holly, and was supposed to be a role model and leader. Jenna was stupid, too big for her britches and paid the price for fraternizing, but Holly is a grown ass woman and nobody should be blamed for her fraternizing and underage drinking but HOLLY. 

Ok Cassie - since she has been gone for a DAMN DECADE, married, had two kids, etc. this is OLD NEWS. I'll spill the worst kept beans ever. Supposedly Cassie got drunk on a USO tour, was late for an appearance, hooked up with some troop, etc. NOt that dramatic, honestly. She was over 21 and yeah, prob shouldn't have done that, I never will understand how that supposedly got all future USO tours cancelled. I mean seriously, she was not the first DCC to party on a USO tour, and how that affected anything I have no clue where that came from.  

• Love 15

Soo Jenna is forever hated for ‘fraternizing’, even though she was one of their best dancers & whatever she did was on her private time and none of it reached the public. Then you have Cassie who most certainly wasn’t anywhere near the top of her class and she was a complete disaster during an actual work event instead of her personal time, but nobody cares. Yep, sounds fair.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ok Cassie - since she has been gone for a DAMN DECADE, married, had two kids, etc. this is OLD NEWS. I'll spill the worst kept beans ever. Supposedly Cassie got drunk on a USO tour, was late for an appearance, hooked up with some troop, etc. NOt that dramatic, honestly. She was over 21 and yeah, prob shouldn't have done that, I never will understand how that supposedly got all future USO tours cancelled. I mean seriously, she was not the first DCC to party on a USO tour, and how that affected anything I have no clue where that came from.  

Thank you for this.  I admit I wasn't a fan of hers during her tenure on the show, but based on her Insta stories, the girl loves being a Mom and it shows.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo Jenna is forever hated for ‘fraternizing’, even though she was one of their best dancers & whatever she did was on her private time and none of it reached the public. Then you have Cassie who most certainly wasn’t anywhere near the top of her class and she was a complete disaster during an actual work event instead of her personal time, but nobody cares. Yep, sounds fair.

Well, personally I don’t think either is a huge deal, but no doubt, any other girl probably would’ve been blacklisted and told to retire had done what Cassie apparently did. 

As a larger point, this is why the VK favoritism wasn’t all that surprising to me. The DCCs have long had different rules for different people.

• Love 10

You mean Cassie may have had S-E-X with troops while on a USO tour?!? Say it isn't so. She was also pregnant on her last USO tour and no one knew about it. Who cares. As long as she wasn't wearing the uniform while she did it, I fail to see the big deal. 

Now, if Cassie did cancel all future USO Tours, I imagine it had more to do with the liability of a girl getting hurt on the job and overseas than it did bad behavior. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

You mean Cassie may have had S-E-X with troops while on a USO tour?!? Say it isn't so. She was also pregnant on her last USO tour and no one knew about it. Who cares. As long as she wasn't wearing the uniform while she did it, I fail to see the big deal. 

Now, if Cassie did cancel all future USO Tours, I imagine it had more to do with the liability of a girl getting hurt on the job and overseas than it did bad behavior. 

Seriously. I wasn't there, rumor has been around for years, it all was years ago, she was married on her last year and tour. 

I agree. Unless she was in uniform and on the job WHO CARES WHAT  GROWN WOMAN DOES. Being late, that's an issue. Drinking on the job, that's an issue. Everything else, WHO CARES and no way would that cancel all future USO tours, especially if it is Judy's daughter. I never believed that was the sole reason myself. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think Jenna is, or ever was, "hated" for fraternizing. She got "grounded" from the HoF game for it (&/or playing with Holly instead of being a "role model" & leader -- not sure which was the bigger deal), but I don't think there was any hate for her over it (just the dreaded "disappointment"). She probably would have even been put back as point if she had laid low & kept her mouth shut. If there was any hate from Kelli & Judy she would have just been shown the door along with Holly & Erica (I know it was Holly's "choice" to leave). Most of the posters here agreed she did some stupid stuff, but defended her on the fraternizing, so I don't see any hate for Jenna because of the fraternizing. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

And this right here is why we all think point is a leadership position now. Because they acted like Jenna has some kind of authority off the field of Holly, and was supposed to be a role model and leader.

I didn't think it was because Jenna was point but because she was a GL.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Seriously. I wasn't there, rumor has been around for years, it all was years ago, she was married on her last year and tour. 

I agree. Unless she was in uniform and on the job WHO CARES WHAT  GROWN WOMAN DOES. Being late, that's an issue. Drinking on the job, that's an issue. Everything else, WHO CARES and no way would that cancel all future USO tours, especially if it is Judy's daughter. I never believed that was the sole reason myself. 

Because there are rules which are laid out during training camp. Cassie of all people should understand that. You don't get to break rules you think are stupid, sexist, or outdated. Doesn't matter how old she is. If the rules are "no drinking alcoholic beverages while traveling with the squad" then don't. Don't do it an then decide it's ok because you're Judy's kid and you're special. Nothing is more toxic to an organization than having super strict rules that don't apply to everyone.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think Jenna is, or ever was, "hated" for fraternizing. She got "grounded" from the HoF game for it (&/or playing with Holly instead of being a "role model" & leader -- not sure which was the bigger deal), but I don't think there was any hate for her over it (just the dreaded "disappointment"). She probably would have even been put back as point if she had laid low & kept her mouth shut. If there was any hate from Kelli & Judy she would have just been shown the door along with Holly & Erica (I know it was Holly's "choice" to leave). Most of the posters here agreed she did some stupid stuff, but defended her on the fraternizing, so I don't see any hate for Jenna because of the fraternizing. 

To be fair, had that happened thid year, she would have been kicked out. Last season they had so very few upper vets and even less powerhouses, they desperately needed her. Plus, kicking out your point and GL1 would cause some issues, but having someone ‘resign’ or kicking out someone less visible is easier to manage.

45 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

To be fair, had that happened thid year, she would have been kicked out. Last season they had so very few upper vets and even less powerhouses, they desperately needed her. Plus, kicking out your point and GL1 would cause some issues, but having someone ‘resign’ or kicking out someone less visible is easier to manage.

Hadn't she already been "fraternizing" the previous year -- just not so publicly? And they still made her G1 leader & point. It wasn't the fraternizing itself that got her into so much trouble -- it was all the stupid things she did (pic with underage Holly at club, asking about being point, etc) after being warned the previous year & told she needed to step it up & toe the line last year.

18 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

I'm out of the loop... they don't do USO tours anymore??

Not the overseas ones. They do them within the U.S. now.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Hadn't she already been "fraternizing" the previous year -- just not so publicly? And they still made her G1 leader & point. It wasn't the fraternizing itself that got her into so much trouble -- it was all the stupid things she did (pic with underage Holly at club, asking about being point, etc) after being warned the previous year & told she needed to step it up & toe the line last year.

This is what I always wondered about.  I thought I read here somewhen that both she and Holly weren't taken on a USO tour because of previous suspicions (or proof?) of fraternizing?  If anyone knows the details, please enlighten me.  I never knew the full story.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Cassie gets hate all these years later. She might be the most hated DCC ever. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cfinboston said:

Because there are rules which are laid out during training camp. Cassie of all people should understand that. You don't get to break rules you think are stupid, sexist, or outdated. Doesn't matter how old she is. If the rules are "no drinking alcoholic beverages while traveling with the squad" then don't. Don't do it an then decide it's ok because you're Judy's kid and you're special. Nothing is more toxic to an organization than having super strict rules that don't apply to everyone.

I don’t think the rules have ever been strictly applied. I just don’t see the point of bringing up something Cassie is rumored to have done, or actually did, years and years ago. If it wasn’t public then, it matters even less now.

Everyone saw the favoritism with Victoria and that will only get worse if she makes the team. She falls out of turns and is “adorable” when anyone else would have been eaten alive. I can’t imagine how many rules she will get away with breaking once she’s on the squad.

On another note, I don’t see why the girls can’t date players if they keep it quiet. I thought it was to protect the girls, but I’m not sure. The players don’t pay any price for dating and dumping the cheerleaders. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, cfinboston said:

Nothing is more toxic to an organization than having super strict rules that don't apply to everyone.

Ding, ding, ding! Personally, I don’t think Cassie being late to an event (as long as it was just a few minutes and not like an hour) is a huge deal, nor so I find her hooking up with someone is that terrible either, in the grand scheme of things. I’m assuming she didn’t leave an event for that occurred during down time. However, I’m not the one pretending like it’s a mortal sin and a huge character flaw when other girls are late or fraternize or gain weight or “ask about point” or “put their stiff in the wrong locker” (whatever Madeline did). K&J are. They’re the ones who create the toxic environment. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

She was a DCC while she was drinking and being in a NFL football player's bed. There is more than one insider whose information has been spot on with the real behind the scenes stories. She broke the rules right and left and got away with it while other girls were cut for breaking the rules. A few people who were there while Cassie was caught breaking the rules were not pleased about it at all (one was a wife of a military officer.) Sorry, but I think it was the straw the broke the camel's back leading to the USO taking action. In fact, the DCC Organization is lucky they can send girls out on tours. She was toxic and was a trouble maker for other girls who were not willing to kiss her behind. She got Olivia S. cut because Olivia stood up to Cassie because Cassie was whining about rookies getting more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot.

5 hours ago, cfinboston said:

Agree.  Moreover, such behavior is gross and unladylike.  But then again, CT isn't the most dignified woman ever to grace the DCC.  Having a little fun is one thing.  Getting drunk, hooking up and being late is an entirely different thing altogether, ESPECIALLY in the DCC world.  She wasn't on personal time; she was technically on a business trip, representing her company.  Those are fire-able offenses in many companies e.g., pharmaceutical industry/training conferences where booze and hookups are rampant and a few people are sent home with no job every time.  I've always thought she was trashy regardless.  So I'm not surprised.  Her husband, while he's cute and seems kind, isn't the classiest guy on the block either.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

Cassie gets hate all these years later. She might be the most hated DCC ever. 

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

This is true. But only because Victoria didn't make the team this year. 

You beat me to it. 

Seriously, I'm shocked Judy didn't push VK through just to get people to stop talking about Cassie after TEN DAMN YEARS.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

You beat me to it. 

Seriously, I'm shocked Judy didn't push VK through just to get people to stop talking about Cassie after TEN DAMN YEARS.

Other former DCC get talked about so continuing to talk about Cassie is no different. You can also argue that it's hard to look at any subsequent DCC controversy without a jaundiced eye. If Erica got released for drinking during the HOF trip, why not Cassie? Why can't Keyra be late for appearances without being cut when Cassie did the same thing? It's impossible to take the rules seriously when you've been shown proof that they don't apply to everyone.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She was a DCC while she was drinking and being in a NFL football player's bed. There is more than one insider whose information has been spot on with the real behind the scenes stories. She broke the rules right and left and got away with it while other girls were cut for breaking the rules. A few people who were there while Cassie was caught breaking the rules were not pleased about it at all (one was a wife of a military officer.) Sorry, but I think it was the straw the broke the camel's back leading to the USO taking action. In fact, the DCC Organization is lucky they can send girls out on tours. She was toxic and was a trouble maker for other girls who were not willing to kiss her behind. She got Olivia S. cut because Olivia stood up to Cassie because Cassie was whining about rookies getting more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot.

The USO tours were a great honor for the DCC. That the USO got involved in the situation is embarrassing and humiliating to an organization who coveted and nurtured the relationship for what. over 20 years? And she returned the next year? That’s fucked up. Cassie should have been released from the squad. I never knew this.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, cfinboston said:

Other former DCC get talked about so continuing to talk about Cassie is no different. You can also argue that it's hard to look at any subsequent DCC controversy without a jaundiced eye. If Erica got released for drinking during the HOF trip, why not Cassie? Why can't Keyra be late for appearances without being cut when Cassie did the same thing? It's impossible to take the rules seriously when you've been shown proof that they don't apply to everyone.

Except that Cassie gets talked about (& with more venom) than all of the other former DCCs combined. I'm not saying she's perfect by any means, but I'm not sure where she found the time to cheer with all the things she's been accused of over the years.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, cfinboston said:

I agree about Keyra and Cassie both being late but Erica is diff situation. Erica drank during working hours and supposedly Cassie was after hours. But yes, the rules do not apply to all. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I agree about Keyra and Cassie both being late but Erica is diff situation. Erica drank during working hours and supposedly Cassie was after hours. But yes, the rules do not apply to all. 

Keyra has other reasons for being cut as I recall. 

Anyway I agree 100% that the rules don’t apply to all. It’s been made abundantly clear that the rules are unfairly applied.

If it was a hidden secret of the DCC that rampant favoritism exists, it’s been opened for the world to see now.

• Love 2

Unpopular opinions:

1. Cassie gets too much hate. She was a beautiful DCC with a hot body. Her Mom is adorable, her kids are adorable, and so is she.  She is also very friendly with former DCCs so I can’t see how she was hated on the squad????

2. I ❤️Victoria!!  She is so sweet and genuine. She will make it next year. Also, Tina looks Fantastic. Love her too

3. Sydney is another one that I love. Her baby is adorable.  She will be the best Momma.

VK for Pro Bowl 2023!!!!!!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, PBSLover said:

The USO tours were a great honor for the DCC. That the USO got involved in the situation is embarrassing and humiliating to an organization who coveted and nurtured the relationship for what. over 20 years? And she returned the next year? That’s fucked up. Cassie should have been released from the squad. I never knew this.

So if this rumor is true, that means that during this tour she had just gotten engaged . . . and hooking up with a soldier overseas . . . I guess however she gets/got her boots kicking . . .

• Love 1
On 12/21/2018 at 2:22 AM, cfinboston said:

And especially when the same person said herself she was not a smiley cheerleader (????) but she was laying down the law. For everyone else.

And Cassie should have distanced herself from the DCC is she had a ounce of self awareness. Yes her mom is working for the DCC but no other person ever is going to get so obsessed with momma’s job again.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:20 AM, UnicornKicks said:

When you are on a business trip, ‘after hours’ doesn’t really apply. Plus, i’m pretty sure Jenna and Holly didn’t go drinking or hooking up in uniform or during their workday either. And they did it during their free time, not while abroad on the dcc’s dime.

• Love 3