Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I dare Kitty to call my girl Megan "fat"...

Megan looks amazing. There was so much commentary about her weight on here her last season but she certainly is tiny now. I wish she would have stayed longer, she was a great dancer but seems to be happy post DCC as a coach. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

Megan looks amazing. There was so much commentary about her weight on here her last season but she certainly is tiny now. I wish she would have stayed longer, she was a great dancer but seems to be happy post DCC as a coach. 

It’s interesting to see the girls who seem to be smaller after they leave DCC. Hannah and Megan C both fit this profile. I think for some of these girls, the stress of having to fit in the tiny uniform, along with ridiculously late nights at practice, just makes any food/weight issues worse. That type of schedule would probably throw me off.

Im not going to Iie. I probably would’ve been at the burger place w VK at 1 am, eating junk because I was starving (I’m not a milkshake person but I would’ve been eating cheeseburgers, which arent much better lol). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Most but not all.  Truth be told I like Cassie, I didn't hold it against her, I just thought that incident sounded like an excuse.

It very well could have been an excuse, but it was not an unreasonable request given the commonality of albuterol. In the asthma world, it's akin to asking for ibuprofen or Tylenol. I would be shocked to ask for a rescue inhaler & get anything but albuterol.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It very well could have been an excuse

I also think (from what I remember from the scene) that when she said she needed her generic "inhaler," she clearly spoke & didn't sound like she was struggling to talk, wasn't wheezing/coughing, didn't have labored breathing, nor did she have any other obvious signs of an asthma attack.  I suspect her "running out of gas" had more to do with aerobic conditioning than asthma.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

I'm just not a fan of her choreography...

I like her choreography at times, but it gets too repetitive week after week. At least people actually show up to her classes though, unlike Keyra's attempt at classes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

I like her choreography at times, but it gets too repetitive week after week. At least people actually show up to her classes though, unlike Keyra's attempt at classes.

I'm not sure where Keyra was teaching, but Jenna has a fresh market in Shreveport. They probably don't have many classes like this one available!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

Is Keyra no longer teaching?

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Is Keyra no longer teaching?

Her last post about a class implied she'd be continuing into 2019 so we'll just have to wait and see. It seems like it's not worth it when only 2 or 3 people show up to the classes though. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Tootie said:

I'm just not a fan of her choreography...

It’s so weird because she such a great dancer/performer but she never comes off that way during these solo videos of her own choreography. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

It’s so weird because she such a great dancer/performer but she never comes off that way during these solo videos of her own choreography. 

This is true. I think if she’s actually going to choreograph for dance teams, etc, her Pom dances have been better than these short combos for her classes. With that said, I would definitely go to her class. Her combos look fun to dance to, unlikely Jenn K, whose choreo doesn’t make me wanna get up off the couch, and you probably get a really good workout. They are repetitive, but I think that is somewhat expected for this type of weekly (power dance?) class. 

• Love 1
On 1/2/2019 at 5:13 AM, ByTor said:

I dare Kitty to call my girl Megan "fat"...

She def lost weight since her last year. Her last season with the DCC her shorts looked super tight and small...like I was surprised that they didnt tailor them for her. They could have been swiwsuit bottoms..

• Love 2
15 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wonder if anyone's going to attempt to take over for Michelle Keys' power class

Erica Wilkins 

Also, what I have noticed with alot of the DCCs that go to teaching Dance Class they all get stuck in the Dance Trope of Power Cheerleading...I never see anything fresh even Michelle Keys Dances where augmented DCC formations...

I think Jenn Alexander has been the only one that I have liked since anyones retirement. 

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2019 at 11:59 AM, ByTor said:

I also think (from what I remember from the scene) that when she said she needed her generic "inhaler," she clearly spoke & didn't sound like she was struggling to talk, wasn't wheezing/coughing, didn't have labored breathing, nor did she have any other obvious signs of an asthma attack.  I suspect her "running out of gas" had more to do with aerobic conditioning than asthma.

I'm not saying it wasn't an excuse (or even just made up drama for the show), but you do not have to look or sound like you are in distress to be in distress. I remember one time in particular many many moons ago when I was a waitress & people could still smoke in restaurants (yea, I'm old). One night, I couldn't breath so when I got off at 1am, I had my mom take me to the ER. I did not look or sound like I was in distress, so they weren't concerned & just put me in a cubicle & took their time until they actually got around to testing my breathing. Then they got excited. I could not even register on their breathing test. Put me on oxygen & had to give me 3 epinephrine shots before my breathing even started to show signs of responding. So long story short, outward signs don't always tell you what's going on on the inside.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I'm not saying it wasn't an excuse (or even just made up drama for the show), but you do not have to look or sound like you are in distress to be in distress. 

She was dancing, just "running out of gas".  If she were having an asthma attack that required her generic inhaler, I really don't think she'd be dancing unenthusiastically, I don't think she'd be able to dance at all.  This is something I'm simply not going to agree on, I thought and still think she was making excuses.

• Love 4
On 1/3/2019 at 12:56 PM, KickPretty said:

Me either!  Kinda bootleg Michelle Keys.

🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️👎🏽

Ugh, yes. Bootleg Michelle Keys then turns rachett as soon as she does that split on the ground. WTH Jenna? But seriously what else can she do? Dance is her trade. No degree, no other real experience yet, and apparently her fraternizing did not pay off. Eh, she'll be fine when she finds her way but that choreo is just no....she'd do much better sticking to the really basic, easy to sell stuff she did for Oakland? Was it Oakland? it was basic, but very clean.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Danielle in her ig story says she’s going to the game as a fan for the first time...isn’t she an all star still? Did they drop them after having Jinelle fully onboard or something?

She's probably taking this day off to go and enjoy the game. I'm not sure what the All Stars do during game days besides greeting fans and working with others in the Cowboys Organization, but they probably don't get a chance to sit still and watch.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

She was dancing, just "running out of gas".  If she were having an asthma attack that required her generic inhaler, I really don't think she'd be dancing unenthusiastically, I don't think she'd be able to dance at all.  This is something I'm simply not going to agree on, I thought and still think she was making excuses.

I never said that it wasn't an excuse, just that the reasons/thoughts you are giving in support of it being an excuse are not correct assumptions. One, albuterol is the standard medicine for rescue inhalers & it is what just about every asthmatic is given -- so it is not unreasonable to expect another asthmatic to have one.   2nd, you don't have to look or sound like you are in distress to be in distress. And, finally, yes, you can dance (& do many other things) in the middle of an asthma attack -- and you'll most likely look unenthusiastic, tired, & like you're running out of gas (because you are). Does this mean that it wasn't just an excuse? No. It just means your assumptions/thinking about asthma attacks are incorrect.

• Love 5
On 1/4/2019 at 8:32 AM, Monique said:

I think JennA is a good teacher. I saw that Taylor, Malena, Jasmin, and Kristin from training camp were at her class yesterday.

would love to see some of these girls next year.  did you see this on jenn a's insta story?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I never said that it wasn't an excuse, just that the reasons/thoughts you are giving in support of it being an excuse are not correct assumptions. One, albuterol is the standard medicine for rescue inhalers & it is what just about every asthmatic is given -- so it is not unreasonable to expect another asthmatic to have one.   2nd, you don't have to look or sound like you are in distress to be in distress. And, finally, yes, you can dance (& do many other things) in the middle of an asthma attack -- and you'll most likely look unenthusiastic, tired, & like you're running out of gas (because you are). Does this mean that it wasn't just an excuse? No. It just means your assumptions/thinking about asthma attacks are incorrect.

I agree. I am a professional equestrian  and have exercise induced asthma. Can I still jump a course in the midst of an attack? Yes, but it probably doesn't look pretty. The closest I can describe it to is trying to breathe through a warm wet towel on a 100 degree humid day. My inhaler contains albuterol as do most. If I use my inhaler, get out of the sun, and sit for a bit I am usually good to go in a short amount of time. 

Quick question, as I have either never paid attention or forgotten...Do the teams in the Super Bowl send their cheerleaders or is the game "cheerleader free"?

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Quick question, as Ihave either never paid attention or forgotten...Do the teams in the Super Bowl send their cheerleaders or is the game "cheerleader free"?

I think they do send cheerleaders. If I remember correctly, there is a list somewhere in one of the old threads of which girls have danced in pro bowls, super bowls, & both.

ETA: Not the post I was thinking about, but a question @shellyb answered regarding Super Bowl & cheerleders: 

ON 2/5/2018 AT 5:04 AM, TAJALEXANDER SAID:

@SHELLYB super bowl question.. since the stadium where it’s played in isn’t anyone’s home field, how was the whole cheerleader situation work?

would there still be four corners and a Thunderstruck performance? Seeing as most other teams have dancers as well

Both teams do a pregame performance and groups are on their own sidelines, on each side of the players benches

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I never said that it wasn't an excuse, just that the reasons/thoughts you are giving in support of it being an excuse are not correct assumptions.

Once again, it was a scene from a highly edited show.  My assumptions most certainly can be correct & yours not...or my assumptions can be full of crap and yours are correct.  My opinion is my opinion & unless a third party who was there tells me Cassie and her generic inhaler are legitimate, I'm not going to change my mind over something that can do nothing but go in circles.

12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

WTH Jenna? But seriously what else can she do? Dance is her trade. No degree, no other real experience yet, and apparently her fraternizing did not pay off.

Maybe the stuff she's shilling on Instagram will :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, pisces125 said:

would love to see some of these girls next year.  did you see this on jenn a's insta story?

Hers and the TCCs as well. They mentioned how they missed Lilly. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, Monique said:

I think JennA is a good teacher. I saw that Taylor, Malena, Jasmin, and Kristin from training camp were at her class yesterday.

I wonder how good dancer Jasmin really is. I was watching some AAIA performance videos and could only find her in one of them. 

2 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I'd like to make it clear that the only reason I like the "Loud" routine is because of Nicole Hamilton. She killed it like she did all of the routines during her time as a DCC!

Be careful.... Nicole was great, but she was really "extra" so you might get some negative comments on here about her! lol

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Who did JInelle replace this year?  Who quit or got injured?

Nobody quit; just some injuries. She recently replaced Lauren and at the beginning of the season it was Yuko. I'm sure there might have been a few more but I can't remember who.

6 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I'd like to make it clear that the only reason I like the "Loud" routine is because of Nicole Hamilton. She killed it like she did all of the routines during her time as a DCC!

I like Nicole, but I think Whitney kills it here:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
On 11/23/2018 at 11:35 AM, ExWannaBe said:

I’ve been a lurker here for a long time but just saw that they cleaned up this thread so it may have already been discussed.

Have any of you seen the absolute CRAP that Jenna is shilling and spamming her Instagram stories with? It seems like so many of these DCC quit and then don’t know how or can’t get a real job because they’ve had mommy and daddy basically subsidizing most of their existence the whole time they been on DCC and realize that waitressing 10 hours a week just doesn’t cut it.

And it seems like a lot of them either marry right away and become stay at home moms or go to some kind of direct sales type thing.

Nothing wrong with either of those, just an observation I had.

I’ve never been a fan of Jenna. Somehow I just never felt like she was genuine, then watched her throw Holly under the bus. Then her biggest concern was taking the triangle point away from Kashara - who totally deserved it. 

• Love 7
On 12/19/2018 at 9:59 AM, rose711 said:

I’m not the biggest Cassie fan but dropping hints and gossip is just rude and unfair, to me at least.

My view is say what she’s accused of or leave it.

At this point, I don’t judge any of the girls for being human and making mistakes. I judge Jenna for dragging an underaged girl with her, but that’s because it’s illegal. I was never a Jenna fan much anyway so it’s easy to dislike her.

Agree, if you are going to “drop hints”, just say it. Otherwise it sounds like “I know something you don’t know”.  As for Jenna, never liked her. Always seemed like she was being sweet to your face but you shouldn’t ever quite trust it. And When she did get in trouble, her main concern didn’t seem to be a younger DCC sister she didn’t mentor or really feeling bad about her mistakes, it was when could she get the head of the triangle away from Kashara. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KarateGirl said:

I’ve never been a fan of Jenna. Somehow I just never felt like she was genuine, then watched her throw Holly under the bus. Then her biggest concern was taking the triangle point away from Kashara - who totally deserved it. 

I’m curious. Why do you think Kashara “totally deserved it”? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I could watch Nicole Hamilton dance all day long!  For me personally, best point girl ever. She screamed sex appeal!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 8