Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E08: You Get What You Give

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

Didn't really need the Davids to celebrate THAT hard, LOL.  Aren't they still down in numbers?
But, they have 2 advantages, and Dan is an idiot, so.........

excited for next week.  So far this isn't a Pagong season!  Yeeeee hawww!!!!!!!!!

• Love 13

HaHaHa!  Bye John!  Good move Dan, you got one of your bros tossed and are stuck with Angelina.  HaHaHa!

Davie saves Christian, Dan saves evil Angelina.  

From the beginning....

Angelina "defanged"  Let's hope.  Setting up a "Dangelina" war.  cool.

Mike, Gabby's theatrics actually helps the Secret 6 stay secret, and you want to blow it up.

Clue!  We all knew there was something about that merge panel.  Nick pulls himself into another alliance.  With the idol and advantages, those 3 could go far.

That is ugly looking pizza.  I like this challenge.

Dan goes all douchebro and drops his whole team.  Ooops!

The fangs come back out......

Mike is right.  Eyes on the prize.  But.  I don't think christian is his real enemy.  I think the rest of the Goliaths would boot him without a second thought (he has money, remember some folks have recognized him.).  Not sure of the pecking order in the S6, but the swing voters usually lose, IIRC.

Who said Culpepper is my hero?

sweat dripping, muscles clenching, bla, bla, bla etc, Never change Peachy.

Lots of time left.....

I'm not the threat, you're the threat.  No you're the threat! No you're the threat!

• Love 10

I was hoping Carl would use his nullifier, I would have loved to see Angelina's face. So I am terrible at picking winners but she gets a looot of talking heads. She also seems to be one of those people that everyone always wants to vote out but never do. So a winner? Except I simply cannot see her winning at the end unless she takes one of the Davids, like maybe Gabby.

• Love 6

I am starting to get convinced that Angelina is going to be with all the way to the finale and I am definitely here for that.  Pure entertainment.

So that Strike Force alliance only lasted one episode. lol

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Even though I loved the way this played out, I was really hoping Dan wouldn't give Angelina the Idol. Watching her go, "Dan...Dan..." was an amazing replay of the Natalie-jacket moment. I was dying. 

And that moment when those lunkheads wanted Tai to play an idol for them, but he wouldn't?  (My memory is terrible. I  only remember Tai, Aubrey, and Cydney - if that is even their names.)

• Love 7

So... Davey had to have told them to split the votes right? Why would they split votes unless they thought one of the Davids were playing an idol?

Dan is very dangerous now. Everyone thinks his idol is flushed so they’ll probably try to vote him out not knowing he has extra protection. Unless his (now ex) girlfriend starts telling everyone that he had two idols. Let the bitterness begin!

Edited by lids
  • Love 21

Mike apparently thinks he's smarter at this game than he is.  Was his goal to ultimately let the Davids get shrunk even more in numbers and then try to bring in whatever remained with them and hope to flip some Goliaths?  I really don't get his reasoning for bailing.  That strike force alliance was a safe place to be!

I'm worried that Dan has his second idol, and really hope that if his first one is re-buried a David finds it.  If Nick goes to steal a vote from the Davids, Dan likely wouldn't hesitate to use his idol, so hopefully either Carl uses the nullifier on the right person, or Dan uses the idol on the wrong person.  I do not want an all Goliath finale.  Not only are they an egotisical bunch but they are also boring.

The only thing that would have made this episode better would be to have Dan be voted off after using his idol to save Angelina.  Too bad he had to win immunity!  I did love Angelina essentially begging to have the idol played for her.  I'm guessing in her every day life she's used to everyone just listening to her and giving in without much thought.  I thought she was going to pass out during the IC by the look on her face.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 13

Wasn't even half paying attention. Way the hell too many people to keep track of in one place. But Tribal Council was fun . . . nine votes negated, Christian gets saved, and John goes out taking just three votes. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets bitter on Day 39, but I think he took the vote well. Now who is Mayor of Slamtown? I know Christian (who lobbed one of the votes) wants to remain comptroller. Oh, and John is probably on the first page of potential returnees for an alumni season.

Also, I liked the Reward Challenge. Variation of the "Lug Sandbags And Try To Catch Each Other" challenge, only one slip-up screws five over people. And were they just playing for pizza? Like, a single pie? Personal pies? If it was just the one, I'd be impressed with the producers going ultimate old-school.

I missed why Mike is hated now. I didn't go in thinking he'd win, but I never went against him in either TAR. Maybe I'll be happy if we get to Loved Ones, and his father Mel returns to TV.

15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And that moment when those lunkheads wanted Tai to play an idol for them, but he wouldn't?  (My memory is terrible. I  only remember Tai, Aubrey, and Cydney - if that is even their names.)

I'll take it. See, Tai was involved with the Brotherhood Of Ugly Tattoos, Kyle Jason and Scot Pollard, a twosome mot gruesome inside and out. Basically, Scot had an idol, and he needed Tai's idol to form a sort of "Super Idol," negating votes against him after they were revealed. Scot got the most votes, he asked Tai for the help he expected . . . and Tai denied him. So awesome.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 7

It's a shame to see John go since he seems pretty nice, but that leaves the Strike Force intact, assuming anyone will trust Mike after this debacle. 

I keep forgetting Kara exists. 

I'm glad to find out we were right that the merge feast sign was a clue. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

See, Tai was involved with the Brother Of Ugly Tattoos, Kyle Jason and Scot Pollard, a twosome mot gruesome inside and out. Basically, Scot had an idol, and he needed Tai's idol to form a sort of "Super Idol," negating votes against him after they were revealed. Scot got the most votes, he asked Tai for the help he expected . . . and Tai denied him. So awesome.

Oh, it gets better.  Scot could've saved himself simply by playing his own idol before the votes were read, since he knew he was getting votes.  But nope, he had to be all showboat and count on Tai teaming up with him to create the super-idol.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Oh, it gets better.  Scot could've saved himself simply by playing his own idol before the votes were read, since he knew he was getting votes.  But nope, he had to be all showboat and count on Tai teaming up with him to create the super-idol.

Actually, the best part of all of that is Scot walked off with Jason's idol in his pocket, leaving him completely vulnerable at the next vote.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

AMAZING episodes like this one are why we are going to be stuck with idols and advantages and nullifiers and blah de blah blah from now until the end of time.

Exactly.  Having said that--this was a pretty darn good episode.  Although it would've been better if Dan hadn't saved Angelina.  Because who would want to go to rocks for her--especially when the alternative was John?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

assuming anyone will trust Mike after this debacle. 

Lots of luck there, Mike.  They could use him for a few votes, but I think the trust is gone with Nick.  Nick won't forget.

Also interested to see the fallout for Alec. He should have put up more of a fight for the Strikeforce. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Lots of luck there, Mike.  They could use him for a few votes, but I think the trust is gone with Nick.  Nick won't forget.

Also interested to see the fallout for Alec. He should have put up more of a fight for the Strikeforce. 

I'm honestly surprised he didn't.  Alec seems to be all over the place in terms of deals, but I thought for sure he'd do more to try and save strikeforce.  

I have gone back and watched the TC again and it was epic.  Davie waltzing up to Jeff, Christian with a bug eyed look on his face when he realized he's safe.  And then Angelina looking desperately at Dan, who is trying to play dumb and figure out why everyone is looking at him and reflecting on what Davie just said about not telling anyone about his idol, and thinking maybe that would have been a good idea for him.  He so did not want to play that idol for her, but he knew he'd be screwed by John and Kara if he didn't.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And I'm ready for Mike to leave because he's just a weasel. Yes, I know that's the game but while I've liked some other weasels in seasons past, he's bugging me.

He seemed to have a good thing going with the Strike Force/ S6 and chose to throw it away because of his christian fear.

8 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Personal pies? If it was just the one, I'd be impressed with the producers going ultimate old-school

Thought i saw a stack of about 6+ pizza boxes.

10 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I'll take it. See, Tai was involved with the Brother Of Ugly Tattoos, Kyle Jason and Scot Pollard, a twosome mot gruesome inside and out. Basically, Scot had an idol, and he needed Tai's idol to form a sort of "Super Idol," negating votes against him after they were revealed. Scot got the most votes, he asked Tai for the help he expected . . . and Tai denied him. So awesome.

A classic Survivor moment.  Where is tat dude Scot today?  The gutter where he belongs?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, vb68 said:

This episode was severely lacking any scenes with Alison, who was the other Goliath in the Strikeforce.  She was apparently cool with just sticking with the majority and blowing up the sub-alliance?  We couldn't have seen her and Alec discussing their options?

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

He seemed to have a good thing going with the Strike Force/ S6 and chose to throw it away because of his christian fear.

Thought i saw a stack of about 6+ pizza boxes.

A classic Survivor moment.  Where is tat dude Scot today?  The gutter where he belongs?

Jeff said they were playing for 12 pizzas. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, mojoween said:

AMAZING episodes like this one are why we are going to be stuck with idols and advantages and nullifiers and blah de blah blah from now until the end of time.

Well what's the option - going back to the days of Pagoning because thanks, no thanks. I hate when the producers go crazy with the advantages but I for one am more than okay with immunity idols. I firmly believe that introducing them helped the show evolve and gave it new life. 

27 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Yeah Mike's done with that six person alliance, if that even still exists anymore. Dude spearheaded that whole move to go for Christian, which would have decimated the David's numbers. 

23 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm honestly surprised he didn't.  Alec seems to be all over the place in terms of deals, but I thought for sure he'd do more to try and save strikeforce.  

I think Alec felt that there was nothing he could do. My guess is the David's didn't tell him what they were going to do. I'm positive he has no idea about Nick's advantage, or Carl's and that Davie had an idol. So far as Alec was aware, there was really nothing they could do if all the other Goliaths were going to vote for Christian. Because him alone flipping would have just created a tie vote and then what, they go to rocks? No way was Alec going to risk that when at the moment he's in a good position with the  Goliath's seemingly welcoming wholeheartedly back into the fold, despite his blindside of Natalia. 

21 minutes ago, lids said:

This episode made me realize that Christian is actually really good at this game. During tribal council when he was telling Jeff he understood why he’s seen as a threat. He countered by saying he’s been mitigating his threat level by forming friendships, i.e. the Brochuchios. He said all that knowing that he was about to walk to the urn and write John’s name down. He was just trying to loll them into a false sense of security that he really trusted them.

It showed he's also a pretty good actor. Because if you look at his reaction when Davie gets up to play the idol for him, you would think Christian had no clue about this at all and didn't see it coming at all. Except the votes for John came from Christian, Nick and Davie. Christian HAD to know there was a way to save him or else how would splitting the votes work?

21 minutes ago, lids said:

That back and forth Christian had with Angelina was really weird and he came off as condescending for no reason.

I didn't think he was condescending but more so calling out Angelina on her continued bullshit. When Angelina jumped in to say Christian's mentioning his making friends with some of the other Goliath's, makes him a bigger threat, he simply remarked that her saying that just confirmed that they were seeing him as a threat and gunning for him. Angelina though was trying to deny it and play word semantics that that's not what she was saying but yeah, playing semantics with a guy who's likely a book nerd, probably not a good idea. Frankly I think if anyone in that scenario was condescending, it was probably Angelina, just because she can't help herself. 

That said, I have such a love/hate relationship with Angelina. That part where she talks about being a women and suggesting a good idea and no one wants to listen until a guy suggests it five minutes later is completely accurate. As conniving and inauthentic as Angelina is, I think she’d get less flack if she was a man playing that way. Men are expected to take charge/be bossy and self-first. When they see Angelina do it, they act like she’s overstepping social boundaries.

I actually don't dislike Angelina at all. I mean I'll be fine if she's voted off next week but I can't say I dislike her. And I was totally in agreement with her regarding the fact that she pushed for the Christian vote the last tribal council and everyone went against her but when Mike, a guy brings it, everyone nods in agreement that it's the best idea. 

Now do I think this really was because Angelina was a woman, no. I think it had more to do with the others having a different plan in mind last week. But I can see how from her perspective that would be infuriating. To see the same thing she pushed for just three days prior, which was rejected, be resoundingly accepted a few days later when someone else brings it up.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 21

How is it possible that I loved this episode??  Honestly, I would have preferred losing Christian or Angelina over John and yet it was such a great tribal!  In any other season I would have loved to have seen John blindsided since "Alpha Male" is usually my least favorite archetype on this show.  (Could't roll my eyes any harder at Probst's Culpepper worship) He had a really gracious exit and seems like a great guy.  I also hope Davie burning his idol for Christian doesn't come back to hurt him.  I really wanted Karl to use the nullifier just to see Angelina's head explode, but I think he was smart to save it for a more opportune moment.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Dan was decidedly NOT smart to use his idol to save Angelina.  It seemed like his competitive spirit kicked in and didn't want the David's to get any kind of an upper hand.  Now that John paid the price, I hope he regrets that decision.  Also, the posturing that cost him the reward challenge was delicious.  Maybe instead of trash-talking the other team, he should have been repeating his "I am awesome" mantra.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I didn't think he was condescending but more so calling out Angelina on her continued bullshit. When Angelina jumped in to say Christian's mentioning his making friends with some of the other Goliath's, makes him a bigger threat, he simply remarked that her saying that just confirmed that they were seeing him as a threat and gunning for him. Angelina though was trying to deny it and play word semantics that that's not what she was saying but yeah, playing semantics with a guy who's likely a book nerd, probably not a good idea. 

Wait how was that bullshit?  Angelina is absolutely right.  The reason Christian is such a threat is because EVERYBODY loves the dude.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 8

Tip of the hat to the editors. Usually, I take shots at them for their transparency but this had to be the first time in years that they managed to blindside....the audience!

That was so refreshing to finally have a boot that was totally out of nowhere and not telegraphed at all!

And since I am in a great mood because of this let me say also the last few episodes they've come up with some great new challenges! That sandbag thing tonight looked like something Jigsaw would have devised in a SAW movie only it would have been battery acid or something instead of water....Do you want to play a game!

Okay now that the positive is out of the way let me take a moment to tear down Mike. I never cared for him on TAR and after tonight when he was talking smack about Gabby I absolutely loathe him. He looks like such a prick sitting there pontificating how smart he is with his stupid looking clown hair. What I would really have liked to have seen tonight was Alec clearing spelling it out to everyone in the six that Mike is NOT to be trusted....that he was the instigator of the Christian blindside. I cannot wait for the episode when he gets sent packing. The sooner the better. I was anxious tonight that when the others realized Christian was going to be in trouble they would include Mike in their planning to save him and he'd spoil it.

About the dozen pizzas...just to give an idea ho much SURVIVOR has changed since season one...that sample piece Jeff passed around was once the reward for the ENTIRE tribe....once slice....not a dozen whole pies!

Anyway, we learned tonight that Angela's luxury item was not a razor.

Gabby with her hair down is absolutely stunning....100% drop dead gorgeous! ! Love her!

Circling back how delicious was it that Dan really, really did not want to toast one of his idols on Angelina and it cost him his bro. Love it! Viva SURVIVOR!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Wait how was that bullshit?  Angelina is absolutely right.  The reason Christian is such a threat is because EVERYBODY loves the dude.

Not her saying that made him more of her threat, she was right about that. But her then pretending that that's not what she was more or less confirming when he basically put her on the spot by pointing out that's what she did.

• Love 4