Type keyword(s) to search

THE VIEW": WEEK OF 11/12/2018

buffynut
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Exactly, the audience is so quiet because we were trying to hear what they were saying.  All we did is look at the stage manager for our cues.  Don't get me wrong, they are mic'd but the studio level is really low.  Maybe Whoopi doesn't know the audience can hardly hear her.  LOL.  Trying to get tickets again for mid December, they haven't opened up my "window of dates" yet.  Maybe it was a fluke the one time I was there in Jan.  Going to see Ripa on same trip, but really want the View.  

That is strange for as long as they have been on.   I've been to tapings  of Leno Ellen and Everyone loves Raymond and could hear fine. Is it the age or size of the studio? Did they tell you when to clap ? There was one time someone agreed with MM and she thanked them by cranking her body around and acknowleding them . It would be awful if the audience can't hear her explain the base. Keep us posted. 

On topic: Whatever Whoopi had in her hair was distracting 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

That is strange for as long as they have been on.   I've been to tapings  of Leno Ellen and Everyone loves Raymond and could hear fine. Is it the age or size of the studio? Did they tell you when to clap ? There was one time someone agreed with MM and she thanked them by cranking her body around and acknowleding them . It would be awful if the audience can't hear her explain the base. Keep us posted. 

On topic: Whatever Whoopi had in her hair was distracting 

The studio is tiny.  Itty bitty tiny, maybe that's why its so quiet, it would echo.  Yes they do tell us to clap.  I almost think they told us to only follow the stage managers direction on the clapping, because its live and we can't keep randomly breaking out into applause.  You can hear them, but you have to be silent to hear them, the sound wasn't piped in around the room.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Trying to get tickets again for mid December, they haven't opened up my "window of dates" yet.

Oh that sounds fun!

I'd love to go to a show and see what they all look like in person.

I went to a Star Jones book signing once. Does that count?

• Love 5

I fanwank that the producers continuously tell Whoopi to add some color to her wardrobe (and not just wear that white shirt) so this was her way to do just that. Just like last week MM kept referencing “it’s FRIDAY” as a way to undermine Ana. They are both Mavericks, don’t you know!

Whoopi derailed too much of the show yesterday and today. Let other people speak! Moderate and then you can have the last word or whatever.

I still find it interesting that Abby is so moderate yet someone always counteracts most of what she says whereas MM has free reign to spout her nonsense. Paula teas. Don’t think she’s that popular among the cohosts.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, telemachus2 said:

How do you solve a problem like Whoopi...Who knows why she referenced Charo, in her obits ramble, but Ms Coochi is apparently still with us - & slightly younger than I (isn't everyone??)

Oh my gosh, I thought she was saying Charro had died and that made me sad. I missed most of the show because I was dealing with insurance adjusters after a tree branch came through our roof in the storms yesterday, but what I did see wasn't very interesting. At least there was no shrieking. 

I think Whoopi misunderstood the whole Pelosi thing. I don't believe it has anything to do with Nancy's age per se, but is about the promise made by the new Congresspeople to bring fresh ideas to the House. It's cute. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

It must be exhausting to be out there with her.

It must be exhausting to BE her!

2 hours ago, geekburger said:

I still find it interesting that Abby is so moderate yet someone always counteracts most of what she says

Very often, Abby contradicts herself...sometimes within the same two sentences.  Very often.

• Love 6

I think what Whoopi was trying to say, is that Charo and Roy Clark's guitar playing skills were underestimated because of them performing comedy.  They were both classicly trained guitar virtuosos.  That's as close as I can get to a Whoopi translation.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm happy to read all the reports of her fence-talking...in case I miss one.  That's what she does most of the time at the table.

Me but I am noisy.  I also think Whoopie shares so little and the few stories she has shared have been interesting.  

• Love 2
On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎16 at 3:46 PM, Morgalisa said:

I think what Whoopi was trying to say, is that Charo and Roy Clark's guitar playing skills were underestimated because of them performing comedy.  They were both classicly trained guitar virtuosos.  That's as close as I can get to a Whoopi translation.

That is probably what Whoopi was getting at, but I too thought she was saying both were dead, but as far as I can find from googling, María del Rosario Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza (aka Charo) is still alive.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

I liked Joy's blazer - she knows what colors complement her red hair. Abby always looks good (either they are working on having her shiny hair be less of a distraction or I'm used to it). I hated what Sunny had on; it's one of my key rules that no one (NO ONE) looks good in shiny materials. On heavier women, it accentuates their weight, and on women like Sunny, it makes them look heavy. Just say no!

I saw WIDOWS last night, and I have to say I was shocked to hear Elizabeth Debicki speaking on the show with a slight Aussie accent. She was amazing in the movie as a Polish-American Chicagoan. I've heard that accent so often in my life: just a slight way of pronouncing certain words that tells you the person comes from a Polish family. It's so rarely done right, or done at all, in movies. I've known so many women -- Beata, Janina, Paulina -- who speak just as her character did. It was an amazing portrayal. (Oh, and the coffee shop they show in the movie is a block from my house. In fact, they were shooting the last scenes there as recently as last August!)

• Love 15
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Can someone explain why Whoopi mentioned Charro during her death announcement? I played it 3 times because she made it sound like she died. 

My mother watched the show and said Whoopi said Charo died. I had to google to make sure she was still coochie-coochie-cooing. It's funny Whoopi inadvertently killed Charo.

• Love 11
On 11/15/2018 at 9:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who is the everybody?

The viewers are who I had in mind, as I recall reading somewhere that her 4 or 5 (at the time) 'Welcome to The Views' was annoying to the general public watching, so at that point WG amped it up even more to the 9,10,11 +++ that she does now.  I don't doubt that she is, indeed, welcoming the studio audience as she says it and looks around at everyone.  But the sheer number of times that she repeats the phrase seems to me to be a response to the mild criticism that she received for saying it even 5 times.  But this was awhile back, memory is hazy, and it's just an opinion.

5 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Yes, that's what she was trying to say, but in true Whoopie fashion, managed to mangle her words into a hot mess.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

It's funny Whoopi inadvertently killed Charo.

I too ran over to the google box and found her still living.  Phew!  Love her.

Just wanted to say it was a nice show with Ana and no MM.  Abby doesn't bug me and I kind of like her now.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I liked Joy's blazer - she knows what colors complement her red hair. Abby always looks good (either they are working on having her shiny hair be less of a distraction or I'm used to it). I hated what Sunny had on; it's one of my key rules that no one (NO ONE) looks good in shiny materials. On heavier women, it accentuates their weight, and on women like Sunny, it makes them look heavy. Just say no!

Preach!  Especially satin.  Satin is nobody's friend!  It is the Devil of fashion.

1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Hi everyone. I lurk around the boards but I like to come here to read everyone’s hilarious comments. I live in NY and my mom and I are going to see the show this coming Tuesday. The guest will be Candice Bergen. I’m not a fan of Nutmeg and can only stand Whoopi in small doses. But I love Joy. 

Welcome, Wonderwuman73.  That is awesome!  Please report back on all the goings on, we need details!  Is it too much trouble to ask you to take notes?  ;) 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Hi everyone. I lurk around the boards but I like to come here to read everyone’s hilarious comments. I live in NY and my mom and I are going to see the show this coming Tuesday. The guest will be Candice Bergen. I’m not a fan of Nutmeg and can only stand Whoopi in small doses. But I love Joy. 

Hi, @WonderWuman73!   Have a great time on Tuesday!  I can't wait to hear all the behind-the-scenes stuff.  Please shout-out a little "boo" to NutMeg for me, if you're so inclined. ?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Please shout-out a little "boo" to NutMeg for me, if you're so inclined. ?

What might be more fun is to be that ONE audience member Meghan thanks for agreeing with her.  Do it for US...even if you don't agree.  Big applause and whoo-hoo!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

If it's not too much trouble can you respond to each of Whoopi's "Welcome to the View" with "Thank you very much from the Audience".  She says it at least 7 times and speaks quite quickly so it will be a challenge, but the WTF looks from the panel will be epic.  When Whoopi's jaw drops and she has that blank confused stare, yell "Yeah!  Classic Whoopi with another ridiculous outfit!!!"  You'll be famous...  or at least a legend on this board!  Just in case, check for the nearest exit with no security before the show starts.

In all seriousness, enjoy the show and welcome to this board :-)!!!

• Love 11
18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

My mother watched the show and said Whoopi said Charo died. I had to google to make sure she was still coochie-coochie-cooing. It's funny Whoopi inadvertently killed Charo.

??

You all make me laugh more often than I can remember but this just made me scare my dog.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 5
On 11/17/2018 at 5:48 AM, WonderWuman73 said:

We need you to TELL ALL!

• Love 3
On 11/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, WonderWuman73 said:

Thanks everyone, thanks everyone, thanks everyone, thanks everyone! Lololol

im definitely going to boo Nutmeg. And report back to you all. ;) 

Do you have assigned seating, or is it first come first seat lol.  I was thinking you should wear something like a bright scarf or hat, and then we'll pick you out of the line up hah

• Love 1
On 11/16/2018 at 11:24 AM, rickhurst3186 said:

Does anybody really care why Whoopi got "emotional" about the special gift???

I did.  I wonder if it had to do with something her mom did or possibly Robin Williams?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:
On 11/17/2018 at 4:47 PM, WonderWuman73 said:

Thanks everyone, thanks everyone, thanks everyone, thanks everyone! Lololol

im definitely going to boo Nutmeg. And report back to you all. ;) 

Do you have assigned seating, or is it first come first seat lol.  I was thinking you should wear something like a bright scarf or hat, and then we'll pick you out of the line up hah

I think you should yell, "NUTMEG" and then we will all know.

• Love 6
On 11/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, CynicalGirl said:

Attending the picnic, as caterpillars, will be Sunny's eyebrows. 

This made me laugh!  I am very unobservant when it comes to things like that, but those were hard to miss.  Mirror, anyone?

On 11/15/2018 at 11:11 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Avenatti's arrest is suspicious to me.   He has been very vocal, going after a certain administration.  Stormy Daniels was also arrested on bogus charges not too long ago.

That's the first thing I thought too.  And his ex-wife's lawyer issued a statement pretty quickly saying that he was never abusive to her and she had never seen him violent in any way whatsoever.  I believe there may have been another ex-wife who said the same thing.   So TMZ's initial report that he had abused his ex-wife was clearly incorrect.

Michael Avenatti is a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.  I'd be interested to know more about the alleged victim.  Of course he could be guilty, but until I know more, I'm leaning toward thinking this is bogus and that he was set up for nefarious reasons.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:04 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think Abby would be perfect in the View your deal segments... Sara and Sunny have too much personality and I think Abby's more sedate aura is perfect as a spokesperson (whose job is to present the product.. but not be the focus since the product is the star, not the spokesperson).

I can't watch Sunny do View Your Deal.  She gasps and says "Wow!" over and over for every item shown.   I understand that a certain level of appreciation for the product is called for, but she needs to mix it up a bit.  "Wow!"  "Wow!"  "Wow!"   It just sounds ridiculous.  And very insincere.  The gasping over every single thing is too much.

Sara did a much, much better job, IMO.  She dialed it up and down, was conversational, etc.  Yes, she has a big personality, but I thought she was fun and somehow it didn't seem fake, as it does with Sunny.  I'd like to see Abby give it a shot a few times.  Give her a chance to get comfortable.  I agree with you that she might be good.  

• Love 2
On 11/15/2018 at 9:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who is the everybody? The rest of the panel? Because I don’t think she does it to piss anyone off. Like @TV Diva Queen stated, it’s very difficult for the audience to hear what they’re saying on the panel, which makes me wonder what’s the point of having a live show if your audience can’t even hear you. But that’s a rant for another forum. For all that Whoopi pisses me off since she joined this show, I really believe she does it for the audience-most, if not all, who are her fans/love her.

I've been there many times, and I never thought it was difficult to hear.   

And yes, Whoopi's repeated "Welcome to the View!" does seem to be intended primarily for the studio audience.  It doesn't bother me, either when I'm there or when I'm watching at home.  Not a big deal, IMO.   It keeps the energy of the audience up, and it makes a lot of them very happy.

• Love 2

A whole bunch of the tv audience disagree, imo, that the wtotv endlessly every day is fun or exciting. I like Joy's simple greeting on Fri.

A waste of time like what's coming up, endless commercials and inhouse commercials.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I can't watch Sunny do View Your Deal.  She gasps and says "Wow!" over and over for every item shown.

WHY does anyone from the panel need to waste time on that segment?   Gretta Monaghan seems perfectly capable on her own.

12 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I'd like to see Abby give it a shot a few times.

A graduate of Harvard Business School, Gretta Monahan has built a multi-million-dollar fashion and beauty empire that includes a high-end boutique and spas in Boston and Connecticut. Gretta divides her time between Los Angeles, Boston, and New York City.  She's 48, married to a soap opera guy(?), Ricky Paull Goldin(?), and they have two kids.  Perfectly capable.

Edited by HaaCHOO

I spoke too soon! The ratty star scarf is back! Also (note to Whoopi) , one of the most tired interview questions to a guest promoting a movie " I just needed to ask this question.... what made you want to do this film?" And ditch the half-baked (probably literally) accents that you drift in and out of.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Also (note to Whoopi) , one of the most tired interview questions to a guest promoting a movie " I just needed to ask this question...what made you want to do this film?"

Just once I would like the guest to answer "The same reason you do a movie.  For the money."

39 minutes ago, pachebo said:

• Love 5
18 hours ago, pachebo said:

I spoke too soon! The ratty star scarf is back! Also (note to Whoopi) , one of the most tired interview questions to a guest promoting a movie " I just needed to ask this question.... what made you want to do this film?" And ditch the half-baked (probably literally) accents that you drift in and out of.

Hey, the 4am guy was paid good money to write this question on a blue card.

• Love 3
On 11/19/2018 at 12:09 PM, HaaCHOO said:

WHY does anyone from the panel need to waste time on that segment?   Gretta Monaghan seems perfectly capable on her own.

A graduate of Harvard Business School, Gretta Monahan has built a multi-million-dollar fashion and beauty empire that includes a high-end boutique and spas in Boston and Connecticut. Gretta divides her time between Los Angeles, Boston, and New York City.  She's 48, married to a soap opera guy(?), Ricky Paull Goldin(?), and they have two kids.  Perfectly capable.

I don’t think it’s about Gretta being able to handle it herself.   She certainly could.  It seems pretty clear to me that they include one of the hosts so it looks more like a segment rather than a sales pitch.  It’s also more friendly to have two people in a “conversation” instead of one person (no matter how skilled) simply standing there and hawking products.   

So I have no issue with the way they do it.  I just think that Sunny’s fake and over-the-top enthusiasm is annoying to watch.  Her constant gasping at every product and repeated “Wow!” drives me crazy.  Sara was good at it.  Abby might be too.  Gretta doing it alone, IMO, would make it seem to be even more of a commercial than it already is.  They need a host there to connect it to the show.

• Love 1

Sunny often goes "Wow" and seems surprised at how well the crap works, but then says something like "I use this at home every day".  Clearly BS.  And her attempts to look like a cute 4-yr-old while fawning over each product is nauseating, and not cute or professional.

• Love 7