Type keyword(s) to search

Ana Navarro: Thank God It's Friday!

• Start Topic

Here you can discuss The View's recently announced permanent Friday co-host, Ana Navarro. As usual, all forum rules apply in this thread, primarily: no personal political talk. 

I've seen lots of posts over the past year or so saying that Ana never got on board because she isn't interested in relocating. Then today someone linked to the article announcing her Fridays gig which mentioned that the parties couldn't agree on a full-time salary. Sorta gets my hopes up that it might eventually happen.

• Love 7

In normal times, I'd be rolling my eyes at three of the five women at the table being conservatives. But Ana, she's smart and funny and sassy and didn't sell her soul to support the current resident of the White House (hat tip to Whoopi for that one). I'm so freaking happy to have Ana there, even one day a week! And I hope it means Meghan is on her way out.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Does anyone know who she's engaged to?  (It's not the hotel guy in Miami.)  I'm pretty sure he's a CNN commentator from CA ... because I recognized his picture.  Help!!!

“The man I'm about to marry, former Florida Republican Party Chairman Al Cardenas....”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/02/opinions/why-im-voting-for-andrew-gillum-navarro/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Cardenas

Edited by Shanlynn77
Added Wikipedia link.
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

In normal times, I'd be rolling my eyes at three of the five women at the table being conservatives. But Ana, she's smart and funny and sassy and didn't sell her soul to support the current resident of the White House (hat tip to Whoopi for that one). I'm so freaking happy to have Ana there, even one day a week! And I hope it means Meghan is on her way out.

Funny how, the same week of the argument where Joy finally seemed fed up with the hostility, the Megyn Kelly talk began and then Ana joins the show out of nowhere. And Ana made a tweet roasting McCain just a week or two ago, too. Hope springs eternal.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, suomi said:

I've seen lots of posts over the past year or so saying that Ana never got on board because she isn't interested in relocating. Then today someone linked to the article announcing her Fridays gig which mentioned that the parties couldn't agree on a full-time salary. Sorta gets my hopes up that it might eventually happen.

I hope she's not interested in full-time at this train wreck.  Fridays are just enough, and she can do reputable shows as well.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I hope she's not interested in full-time at this train wreck.  Fridays are just enough, and she can do reputable shows as well.

Or, she could be a catalyst for change. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Ana was with the hotel man for many years and they never married. Now she is engaged to  a Republican lawyer. 

I'm sorry it didn't work out with the guy she was dating for a long time, but I wonder if The View lost its window to having her be full-time before she met Mr. Cardenas.

Interesting that her fiance is a Trump/DeSantis voter while Ana is pointedly not.

• Love 3

I've spent some time looking for anything on the husband to be and can't find a thing. She was with hotel guy not that long ago and most articles indicate it's the Gene hotel guy. So how or  where is it revealed the Trpublican . That's a typo but I'm going to leave it like that. 

She so excited and I think she'll be beautiful on the day. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I've spent some time looking for anything on the husband to be and can't find a thing. She was with hotel guy not that long ago and most articles indicate it's the Gene hotel guy. So how or  where is it revealed the Trpublican . That's a typo but I'm going to leave it like that. 

She so excited and I think she'll be beautiful on the day. 

The man I'm about to marry, former Florida Republican Party Chairman Al Cardenas....”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/02/opinions/why-im-voting-for-andrew-gillum-navarro/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Cardenas

You asked!!

• Love 3

Well that took me by surprise! I've been FF thru all the episodes but I'm glad I sat down for Fridays show. If one day is what they can agree on for now, I'm all in.

It will make the transition from when they can MM all the more easier.  

• Love 4

Christmas arrived early with the addition of Ana on Fridays.  She was great the other day.  Love her sense of humor and perfect timing.  By chance, I did see her fiancé a week or so ago as part of a panel on CNN.  He seemed like a reasonable gentleman and was likable.  I wondered who he was and now I know.  Maybe it's just me, but I got the feeling one of Ana's fellow co-hosts was not thrilled by her presence.  Another reason to celebrate.  

Edited by Badbea99
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, getting engaged so quickly after breaking up with her long time bf seems... risky.  But then again I did the same and have been married for 38 yrs, so best wishes to them!

Yes, but she's 47 & he's pushing 70, so ... (I don't that he'll live 38 yrs.)

Edited by Medicine Crow
This is not the same as that!! LOL.
  • Love 4

Guys—it's OK to post news about Ana in here but please keep your posts Ana-specific and don't veer into discussing off-topic political figures and their own particular actions and beliefs. Thanks!

I saw the interview on Colbert last night. I don't watch night shows regularly. It isn't that I don't like Kimmel, Colbert, Trevor Noah, and so on, just I always end up having something else going on and forget about them. Ana was great, but when isn't she really. I loved that he asked about her filing her nails and eating popcorn on CNN. I'd heard about that, but that was the first time I'd actually seen it.

The thing is I liked her back when she was contributing for The View a couple of years ago along with Padma Lakshmi, too, and that was even while she was still firmly rooting for the Right and serving pro-Bush talking points pre-Trump. She or Paula Faris should've been the conservative hosts on everyday for a long time now instead of duds like Candace Crème-Brûlée, lying liar who lies Jedidiah Bila, or Rich Bitch McCain.

• Love 7
(edited)

I wonder if Ana invited Meghan and her husband to the wedding.  I recall Meghan's husband tweeted a mean tweet about Ana's accent being fake.  If I was Ana, I wouldn't invite either one, but if she invites the other The View ladies, I guess she'll have to invite Meghan as well to keep the peace at the table.  If I was Ana, I'd address the invitation as "Meghan McCain and guest." 😏   

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, atomic said:

Ana is now married! I did some Insta-stalking and saw pics of Sunny and Joy at the wedding, but not sure about any of the other View co-hosts.

whatsapp-image-2019-03-02-at-8.20.22-pm.

OMG, could no one tailor that poor man's pants?! They're about three inches too long. 

Ana looks beautiful and so happy! Is her dress lavender? Such a vintage feel to it 💜 I’m sure the Domenechs were not invited...why would you invite two people who clearly do not like you and one of which tweeted something tremendously disrespectful and borderline racist about you to such a happy moment in your life? Just because you happen to work with one of them? Nope! 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Is that Sunny in red?  I almost didn't recognize her.

Are we sure that is Sunny in the red dress? That is some long hair extensions.

Not sure that is her.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, atomic said:

It's Sunny. The Rapunzel hair extensions that stick out so noticeably from her real hair was a very bad look, but that is her.

Yep, it is her. She looks terrible!

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, falltime said:

Spotted Joy and Sunny

That's an unfortunate bra situation going on with the lady to Joy's left.  Jeez, lady, really?  Just watch, she's probably from The View's wardrobe dept.

Thanks for posting these pics here.  Dana Bash is too darn cute!  And loved seeing the CNN folk.   Ana looks lovely! 

And I too, never would have known that was Sunny.  Like, at all.  Doesn't look a thing like her. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 8
(edited)

You can see Joy and Steve here on the left, as Ana walks down the isle.

Sunny is behind them. Look for the red dress and fake hair to her waist.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

That's an unfortunate bra situation going on with the lady to Joy's left.  Jeez, lady, really?

Wow. That's truly awful. At least throw a black bra on yourself.