Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

Have you seen this monstrosity?

6C71C6FC-53F2-4A82-AAAB-99873C37F599.jpeg

I like this! The Washington dancers have a couple of truly hideous outfits, but I like this one. It’s f-ing freezing here and the stadium is outside!

• Love 3

I wore the shoulder pads with fringe back in my winter guard days in high school in the 90's. It is one look that shouldn't come back. Not a fan. But I do like the dress except for that. It does give a very ice skating vibe though. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:
Is that Ally T a couple rows back from Mia?

I think it is Jacie. Looks like pregame and the season where Whitney was point and Mia stood next to her, that was season 7. Ally was no longer on the squad at that time. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Here is another shot of the new uniform for the Colts' cheerleaders. 

What updates would you want to see for the DCC uniforms, if any?

colts_cheerleader_uniform_-_old_and_new.jpg

I like it.  You can see from this picture that when they are in motion, you will still see their bodies even if it looks like there is extra fabric when they are standing still.  I don't mind the two piece outfit style, but I agree a lot of the women look like they are going to Pro Bowl in a Halloween costume!

13 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:
Is that Ally T a couple rows back from Mia?

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think it is Jacie. Looks like pregame and the season where Whitney was point and Mia stood next to her, that was season 7. Ally was no longer on the squad at that time. 

@DCCFanInKy's correct, @LaurelleJ! As a member of the 2012 Rookie Class, Jacie made the third point behind Whitney and Cassie or Lauren (?) in the triangle formation, and was in the second row when they spread out on the field.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

I like this! The Washington dancers have a couple of truly hideous outfits, but I like this one. It’s f-ing freezing here and the stadium is outside!

I’m not a fan of the McDonalds color scheme, too cartoonish. There was a game I think last season where they wore throwback uniforms and that made me realize they can do better than the current crop. Personally I prefer the following uniforms for beginning, middle and end of season. The first one without sleeves of course 

BE08AEEB-12A7-4CFB-84F9-CC0558EF368A.jpeg

DB462E76-A7EF-42FB-A581-7B1C87252AB5.jpeg

A9723D16-F399-4C7E-BB2C-367F074FEB4C.jpeg

"The Colts team says (the new uniform) breaks "traditional stereotypes" of cheer attire and is more conducive to its use — dancing. This new approach is designed to elevate the Colts cheerleaders as one of the top cheer and dance squads in the NFL by departing from many of the stereotypes often associated with professional cheerleading and redefining what it means to be a cheerleader and an athlete-performer," 

If this is the trend which I could see given the recent lawsuits and the #metoo movement - do you think the DCC would dare to change its uniform?

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Blame the uniform, blame the miniskirt, blame the bikini - why don't we blame the jerks who misinterpret what a woman is wearing?

Certainly get what you are saying and agree. My question was from an anthropologic point of view given the Colts (and Patriots and other teams) and the idea of professional cheerleading being a professional sport deserving equal respect. Jerks do misinterpret what a woman is wearing and there is nothing wrong with girls wearing whatever makes them feel good. However from a public relations standpoint one can argue that barely there costumes might no longer have a place if the current cultural trends continue.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

"The Colts team says (the new uniform) breaks "traditional stereotypes" of cheer attire and is more conducive to its use — dancing. This new approach is designed to elevate the Colts cheerleaders as one of the top cheer and dance squads in the NFL by departing from many of the stereotypes often associated with professional cheerleading and redefining what it means to be a cheerleader and an athlete-performer," 

If this is the trend which I could see given the recent lawsuits and the #metoo movement - do you think the DCC would dare to change its uniform?

Nope. It's forever immortalized in the Smithsonian.

• Love 4

back after a long hiatus... I see Lacey made the Pro Bowl ( link ). I do like seeing the variety in the uniforms at Pro Bowl time. One really can't compare the uniforms style to those who cheer in 100% outdoor stadiums to those who are in 100% closed facilities, or facilities than can be closed on a moments notice.  And then there is climate issues - like in Miami vs. NJ weather.  I think regional tastes/style come into play a little too - like the Saints uniform.  A beautiful woman can look good in a brown paper bag, if that is what she has been aspiring to wear by dancing and training , all of her life - many starting at the age of 3.

Any major  DCC scandals happen this season ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, sATL said:

back after a long hiatus... I see Lacey made the Pro Bowl ( link ). I do like seeing the variety in the uniforms at Pro Bowl time. One really can't compare the uniforms style to those who cheer in 100% outdoor stadiums to those who are in 100% closed facilities, or facilities than can be closed on a moments notice.  And then there is climate issues - like in Miami vs. NJ weather.  I think regional tastes/style come into play a little too - like the Saints uniform.  A beautiful woman can look good in a brown paper bag, if that is what she has been aspiring to wear by dancing and training , all of her life - many starting at the age of 3.

Any major  DCC scandals happen this season ?

No major scandles 

7 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

I’m not a fan of the McDonalds color scheme, too cartoonish. There was a game I think last season where they wore throwback uniforms and that made me realize they can do better than the current crop. Personally I prefer the following uniforms for beginning, middle and end of season. The first one without sleeves of course 

BE08AEEB-12A7-4CFB-84F9-CC0558EF368A.jpeg

DB462E76-A7EF-42FB-A581-7B1C87252AB5.jpeg

A9723D16-F399-4C7E-BB2C-367F074FEB4C.jpeg

Its like 30 degrees most of football season. So I’m gonna still say rock the pants!! 

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Blame the uniform, blame the miniskirt, blame the bikini - why don't we blame the jerks who misinterpret what a woman is wearing?

8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Certainly get what you are saying and agree. My question was from an anthropologic point of view given the Colts (and Patriots and other teams) and the idea of professional cheerleading being a professional sport deserving equal respect. Jerks do misinterpret what a woman is wearing and there is nothing wrong with girls wearing whatever makes them feel good. However from a public relations standpoint one can argue that barely there costumes might no longer have a place if the current cultural trends continue.

Yes, I think arguing that a woman’s clothing, no matter how revealing, is not an excuse or invitation for sexual assault or harassment is different than questioning if one’s clothing sends a specific message. Both statements are true and non-contradictory IMO.

Take risqué clothes out of it - no one pretends like clothes don’t send a message for job interviews. Of course they do! You show up in a nice, tailored suit for a corporate interview, not jeans or a wrinkled, dirty suit because you want to give the impression that you’re professional. Likewise, the DCCs don’t take bikini pics with the strings untied by accident. It’s no misinterpretation to think that the purpose of that is to appeal to men and particularly to sex. You don’t untie your bikini to jump in the pool - you do however do it to undress. Regardless, that doesn’t mean that some man who sees those pictures has the license to harass them.

As for the uniform, I don’t think the DCCs or any team necessarily needs to change the uniform due to #metoo or anything else. However, I think it’s prudent for any group (or person) to evaluate what they’re purpose is and what they want to be viewed as, and whether their presentation (what they do, how they look, what they say, etc) supports or detracts from that. When it comes to the DCCs, I couldn’t tell you what they see their core purpose as, but whatever it is, I don’t think they view the uniform as an issue. 

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Those are either some crappy pics, or the answer is no.  Jayda & maybe Miami are kinda cute but otherwise...

I agree, I like Jayda (la chargers), Jess (Miami dolphins) and Alex (Atlanta falcons). 

• Love 1
On 1/18/2019 at 7:56 PM, Newmanbritt said:

this is so cute! Love seeing everyone’s transformation

Is that ten year old picture Kashara's natural hair color? I was a bit surprised at how young some of them (basically everyone other than Kashara) look in the older pics, but then I remembered that they're almost all in their lower 20s or so, which means these are pictures from when they were like 11- 15 years old are so. For some reason, Bridget's old picture reminds me of Lindsay Lohan. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is that ten year old picture Kashara's natural hair color? I was a bit surprised at how young some of them (basically everyone other than Kashara) look in the older pics, but then I remembered that they're almost all in their lower 20s or so, which means these are pictures from when they were like 11- 15 years old are so. For some reason, Bridget's old picture reminds me of Lindsay Lohan. 

Kashara looks great.  Wouldn't Lacey be 12 in her pic, cause she looks older than that.  Madeline looks adorable, and Lauren reminds me of Princess Victoria of Sweden:)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kashara looks great.  Wouldn't Lacey be 12 in her pic, cause she looks older than that.  Madeline looks adorable, and Lauren reminds me of Princess Victoria of Sweden:)

Yeah, that pic can’t be 10years old. She has the same nose and we all know that’s newish. 

9 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Yeah, that pic can’t be 10years old. She has the same nose and we all know that’s newish. 

I mentioned in the other thread that the #10yearchallenge showed off some fine tuning.  I'm debating this one:

10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

That Colts girl definitely does - she’s so pretty and girl next door at the same time.  The Chargers girl too.   The Miami representative is very “DCC pretty” as well.  

I think the 49's rep is really pretty 

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I know Caroline doesn't get much love here but I like her.  She has some sass and one hell of a booty pop.

She's my 2nd favorite rookie...1st of course is Brennan :)

• Love 4
On 1/19/2019 at 1:23 PM, Law Mom said:

Call me crazy, but I kind of dig the Patriots uniform. Very classic and collegiate and what cheerleaders should look like IMO

It’s super cute! And it looks really good on some of the other girls on her team who don’t have such a short torso.

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Lacey is rooming with the bucs cheerleader at pro bowl 

Don't like their uniforms.  The only ones I liked were the ones they wore when they filmed the show about how they pick their cheerleader squad.  And they got two uniforms.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

I know Caroline doesn't get much love here but I like her.  She has some sass and one hell of a booty pop.

I'm really into Caroline. I like girls like her who stay under the radar, yet are solid. I think she's a good dancer who is pretty and seems to get along with her team and is low-key, yet not a blender. That said I don't discount the fact that she has connections, but I don't think she'll be a Jessika. Or maybe she will and that's why I'm almost scared of speaking it into existence, who knows. Either way, go Caroline.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, ByTor said:
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

She's my 2nd favorite rookie...1st of course is Brennan :)

Hey I don't know if you have watched it or not but the latest TBAMFT was Brennan and Caroline . They have become good friends and are both re auditioning.

• Love 2

Caroline went to the same college as Amy T, and it was Amy who encouraged her to audition.  Also, her father being a former pro basketball player in Texas probably didn't hurt.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Hey I don't know if you have watched it or not but the latest TBAMFT was Brennan and Caroline . They have become good friends and are both re auditioning.

Watching that video/podcast definitely made a fan of Caroline’s (whereas she was never really on my radar previously). Even if her father’s “sports fame” helped get her noticed - mind you I still don’t know who her dad is - some former pro basketball player? Coming from a city where football and hockey reign, that means nothing to me. But maybe it matters to DCC 🤷🏻‍♀️ But her parents definitely raised a well spoken and levelheaded daughter.  With that being said: she needs to Tone Down the Tan because DAMN - all I could see were the whites of her eyes 👀 

Additionally, stop the We Love Brennan Bus! Cause I’m gonna jump on with you guys. I’m no expert when it comes to dancing - so for me, her dancing suffices for DCC. She really impressed the heck out of me on that podcast, I found her so relatable, likable, articulate, and poised. And since I watched the accompanying video, I thought she looked absolutely stunning. I loved how she joked that she “chose” Caroline and made her become her friend. And it was super cute how they both gushed about Heather O.

I binged a couple of the other episodes. I found Erin and Miranda to be well spoken and beautiful on their episode. But Amber on the other hand...I feel like it gave a little more insight on why Kelli was concerned about her on SG appearances. She was a little...rough...uncomfortable maybe.  Not sure if she isn’t comfortable speaking in front of a mic and/or groups of people or if she doesn’t have a lot of experience at it. Which wouldn’t surprise me if she’s young.  But she definitely needs a little - and i can’t believe I’m going to use this word without defining what I mean but - “polish.”   

Side note 1: I can help with the “polish,” KellFine!!! I currently teach public speaking to employees in my agency. It is literally all I do all day long! Call me!! 😉

Side note 2: the bearded dude that runs that podcast needs to go away. He is bizarre.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Caroline went to the same college as Amy T, and it was Amy who encouraged her to audition.  Also, her father being a former pro basketball player in Texas probably didn't hurt.

Thanks. IMO. That's not a big connection, compared to the legacies and the rumored beer distribution connection (Jessika).