Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think @Rebeccawas pointing out that such things (being thin with money) are more rare in West Virginia so the “capital” goes farther. Leah is a pretty woman, but she may be a socially approved 9 in West Virginia, in a big city like LA or NYC there are tons of attractive, thin, women with money (who don’t have kids) and she would be a 5/6. 

For the record Leah is a human being not a number, and in no way am I insinuating that someone’s attractiveness determines their worth has a human being or a partner. 

This!

11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think West Virginia or the south is so backwards and unsophisticated they have lower standards, but I think the USA is so vast and geographically, culturally and ethnicly diverse that “the standard of beauty” is different in different parts of the country, despite what the media tells us is the only ideal. If you grow up in a culture inwhich most people are overweight or obese, and you are thin in a culture that values thinness you will be deemed more attractive. If MOST women are thin it’s not rare.

Unrelated to Leah- I think of the lessons my father taught me about how the world treats fat people- but he had no way of knowing in the last 30yrs most of the country would gain weight and I would fall in the “normal” range of what women would look like. I also think the Kardashian women, growing up in Southern California where the “ideal” woman was very pale, thin, blonde they stood out in a way they wouldn’t in another part of the country (one of the reasons why I think they are attracted to men of color, who traditionally have rejected that ideal of beauty as the only model). Or we could compare it to colorism in the black community- where being the “right” skin tone makes you more attractive (BARF)......

I wasn’t insinuating that the culture of West Virginia was “less than”. I am sorry if it came off that way. 

And all this.

• Love 4
On 12/29/2018 at 11:37 AM, BitterApple said:

Me neither. Cole could've done a lot better than Chelsea, but nobody says she isn't worthy of a good guy. Leah's main issue is her prior addiction. As far as her kids go, both fathers are stand-up guys who share custody and pay support. It's not like Leah's boyfriend has to come in and shoulder the entire responsibility the way Cole's had to do for Aubree. 

I think aside from Chelsea, Leah is the only one on the show who has a chance of settling down with a decent guy. She's made a lot of dumb choices, but unlike Kail, Briana and Jenelle, she's not a mean-spirited, nasty person at heart. If she can keep her shit together, she'll be alright.

I would not classify Jeremy as a stand-up dad. He has always provided for her financially, I think, but he spent a lot of time away from her to be with his girlfriend in Ohio. And poor Addie was practically begging him to spend time with her. He might be better now but you don't get those couple of years back.  (Not to mention it did put almost all of the daily burden of child-rearing on Leah, someone who was struggling mightily at one point.)

You guys have more faith in her than I do. Just a few months ago she was giggling with Kail about hooking up with Jeremy. Girl....you don't learn.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I would not classify Jeremy as a stand-up dad. He has always provided for her financially, I think, but he spent a lot of time away from her to be with his girlfriend in Ohio. And poor Addie was practically begging him to spend time with her. He might be better now but you don't get those couple of years back.  (Not to mention it did put almost all of the daily burden of child-rearing on Leah, someone who was struggling mightily at one point.)

You guys have more faith in her than I do. Just a few months ago she was giggling with Kail about hooking up with Jeremy. Girl....you don't learn.

I would call Jeremy a fairly “decent” father but not more, based on what we’ve seen. She’s actually been dating this guy for awhile, I think since May? As usual, the show is behind. That’s what kinda sucks about social media - we know everything way before it airs! It seems like they’re less behind than they used to be though, I remember when it seemed like they were more than a year behind in the past.

• Love 8
On 12/29/2018 at 11:37 AM, BitterApple said:

Me neither. Cole could've done a lot better than Chelsea, but nobody says she isn't worthy of a good guy. Leah's main issue is her prior addiction. As far as her kids go, both fathers are stand-up guys who share custody and pay support. It's not like Leah's boyfriend has to come in and shoulder the entire responsibility the way Cole's had to do for Aubree. 

I think aside from Chelsea, Leah is the only one on the show who has a chance of settling down with a decent guy. She's made a lot of dumb choices, but unlike Kail, Briana and Jenelle, she's not a mean-spirited, nasty person at heart. If she can keep her shit together, she'll be alright.

"If she can keep off of the pillses and stay away from Robbie when she's in a relationship with a stand-up(ish) guy....."

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

I think the Robbie ship has sailed, maybe only because he’s married with kids himself now. I think the biggest “threat” could be Jeremy now, I feel like he and Leah could easily hook up some “lonely” night if her guy is away and “cow fart” is around. Hopefully I’m wrong and she has moved past that and is actually committed to this guy. I’m so curious to see her in this relationship and if she seems to have grown at all in being a partner to someone else. She certainly sucked at that in the past.

• Love 6

I think Leah has some extremely deep seated self esteem and self worth issues, and relationship troubles will follow her no matter how stand up the guy is (or isn't), and how badly Leah wants it to work. She also has no coping skills and her methods for dealing with stress have been unhealthy to the extreme- and I am not just talking about addiction here.

I think Leah wants nothing more than to be a good wife and mother. But that doesn't mean she makes very good decisions when she's hurt or depressed or anxious.

• Love 5
On 12/29/2018 at 9:42 AM, HeySandyStrange said:

I agree, Leah comes off as sweet NOW, but she was quite the passive aggressive, conniving asshole in past. Which is why I will never see her as fully sweet or kind. I think Leah is fairly harmless, but she has it in her to get down and dirty. Leah, for all that she isn't very smart, she sure can be a back stabber.

Let's not forget her age when this series starts. So many kids are assholes in their teens and early 20's and it's quite normal for them to grow into mature, compassionate adults.  I think the Leah we have seen during the reunion dramas is the Leah that she is. She's wants to stay out of the drama and doesn't want to make anyone feel bad.  I think she has a truly sweet nature. Now maybe she doesn't really have anything currently to be a bitch about but to me she seems to have made leaps and bounds from the kid she used to be. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, Christina87 said:

That is so interesting about what your dad told you vs what actually happened. I feel the same way (though it's a little different) when I see friends from high school. Back then, I felt huge, even though I wasn't even technically overweight, because I was tall and not a string bean. Seems like everyone else I knew in high school was a tiny little girl, short and thin, with no curves, and I looked like an adult, which was embarrassing. I was always so jealous of them, and wished I was cute and childlike. I hated always having to be in the back at dance, because I was a million inches taller than everyone else, and didn't "look" as much like a dancer. I also hated having to play forward in basketball because of my height, or even worse, center. I spent a huge amount of time as a teenager thinking about how dramatically better my life would be if I was short and skinny.

Now, my stature hasn't changed much, but most of them have gained a ton of weight! When I see them out, so many of these former waifs are chubby and still short. Now, there aren't many advantages to being short, with dance and basketball out of the picture. I guess they can date more guys who are taller than them, but most guys are taller than me, or at least my height or right under it, anyway. Now I really appreciate my body type, because though i felt awkward in high school, I would rather be considered decent looking as an adult than a teen! I feel bad for so many of these girls who peaked at sixteen in every possible way. Plus, some of them have gained baby weight (and so did I in a weird way, with my 50 pound out of nowhere gain, but at least I'm tall and it's not as noticeable), and some never learned to eat healthy and it's catching up to them (in a weird way, this makes me thankful for my migraines). Also, now the "cool" girls follow me on social media and like / comment on my posts religiously! It's like an alternate universe, as they never paid me attention when we were younger, and I wish I could go back and tell my high school self that one day, things would be different. I guess since I'm one of the few single people, my life looks more glamorous, though I would trade it in tomorrow for what they have! It seems crazy to me that my life could look so perfect from the outside, like I think their family life does. 

Just goes to show, you never know! I always pictured being thirty and awkward while these more glamorous acquaintances looked like movie stars, but it has turned out the exact opposite! Life has ways of making everybody change in ways you'd never expect. 

oh man, i wish i had your same experience!  I swear none of the girls I went to school with have gained an ounce, and in fact have lost weight! And here I am.... trying to stay above water.  The only thing that makes me feel better sometimes is when I see one is still single like me lol   i don't wish ill on anyone but i wouldn't mind seeing someone that was a popular pretty girl similar to my current weight. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Let's not forget her age when this series starts. So many kids are assholes in their teens and early 20's and it's quite normal for them to grow into mature, compassionate adults.  I think the Leah we have seen during the reunion dramas is the Leah that she is. She's wants to stay out of the drama and doesn't want to make anyone feel bad.  I think she has a truly sweet nature. Now maybe she doesn't really have anything currently to be a bitch about but to me she seems to have made leaps and bounds from the kid she used to be. 

oh man, i wish i had your same experience!  I swear none of the girls I went to school with have gained an ounce, and in fact have lost weight! And here I am.... trying to stay above water.  The only thing that makes me feel better sometimes is when I see one is still single like me lol   i don't wish ill on anyone but i wouldn't mind seeing someone that was a popular pretty girl similar to my current weight. 

That is so strange! I wonder how they are all married and skinny. Do they have kids yet? Most of my classmates got married around 26, and had kids around 29-30, and that's when they really started packing on the weight. Others packed it in around that age who didn't have a baby. I understand why people gain weight with a baby so I'm not judging, but I'm just happy about identifying the one good thing about being single at this point! I feel ya, though...there's only one girl I went to high school with who is single (and she lives in NYC, where it's hard to meet people), and one who is in a new-ish relationship. When I discover someone else my age who is single, I do a little happy dance!

i think Leah has a sweet nature, too, and she is the one I would hang out with IRL, although I can't imagine what we would talk about (chelsea is too potential mean girl for me). I think Leah was born sweet, but just had a superiority complex in high school from being queen of the hollar. I'm sure being single has done her some good, and she probably has a more realistic view of herself as pretty, childless girls graduate from high school every year. I don't want her to think poorly of herself, but I just don't want her to think that she's above everyone, and therefore doesn't have to contribute to the relationship, while treating her husband like crap. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That is so strange! I wonder how they are all married and skinny. Do they have kids yet? Most of my classmates got married around 26, and had kids around 29-30, and that's when they really started packing on the weight. Others packed it in around that age who didn't have a baby. I understand why people gain weight with a baby so I'm not judging, but I'm just happy about identifying the one good thing about being single at this point! I feel ya, though...there's only one girl I went to high school with who is single (and she lives in NYC, where it's hard to meet people), and one who is in a new-ish relationship. When I discover someone else my age who is single, I do a little happy dance!

i think Leah has a sweet nature, too, and she is the one I would hang out with IRL, although I can't imagine what we would talk about (chelsea is too potential mean girl for me). I think Leah was born sweet, but just had a superiority complex in high school from being queen of the hollar. I'm sure being single has done her some good, and she probably has a more realistic view of herself as pretty, childless girls graduate from high school every year. I don't want her to think poorly of herself, but I just don't want her to think that she's above everyone, and therefore doesn't have to contribute to the relationship, while treating her husband like crap. 

yep - multiple kids, a lot of them got married shortly after college. We're in our mid-30's now. Maybe that's why.... they were young enough to kick off the baby weight before their metabolism vanished lol

Now the GUYS... whole different story.  Not many of them have been able to maintain high school weight ;) 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's really upsetting to hear Ali's lungs are getting weaker. Have the doctors ever given Cory and Leah a guesstimate as to what her life span will be? 

First, sorry if this article has already been posted (it’s from 8/18) but I decided to look for an answer to this and found an article that was shockingly informative for InTouch Weekly. It’s also hard to read. It seems like there’s really no way of knowing. Ugh, I can snark almost every other thing on this show but Ali’s situation is so hard to swallow. I guess this is why I have the soft spot for Messy Miss Messer somewhere in me. Here are the most pertinent parts: 

Jill Frauenheim, MS, CGC, a Genetic Counselor at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, told Radar Online that Ali is “deteriorating” and that Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy with a Titin Gene Mutation could cause “weakness of muscles.” She added, “The weakness starts in areas closest to the shoulders, upper arms, hips, and thighs. Those that have muscular weakness, even the severity of that can vary. Some kids with this, they learn to walk and remain walking over the age of 20. Others are more severe and start needing additional help between 10 and 20.”

The average life expectancy for someone with Duchenne muscular dystrophy — the most common kind — is 26 years old. However, these statistics range greatly depending on the kind of MD the patient has, and there’s no definite answer when it comes to Titin’s for Ali, being that she’s the youngest person (and one of about 20 patients total) with this form of the disease. 

There is more info about Ali’s disease in the article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/muscular-dystrophy-life-expectancy-139989/amp/

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 11
On 1/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, Christina87 said:

We’ve discussed this before but I’ve always got the opposite impression. While I think neither was ever “morally corrupt” like a Jenelle type, I always got more a nastiness from Leah than Chelsea; while thinking Chelsea had a more inherent kindness and nurturing side than Leah. 

Leah has a lot on her plate with Ali’s disease (not discounting Corey’s role as a Dad)- such things have taken the wind out of women far older and more intelligent than Leah. 

I could see Leah continuing to hook up with Jeremy inbetween relationships, so long as she doesn’t have another kid it’s not the end of the world; but I don’t think Leah could handle another child emotionally or physically. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I really hope that's not true. I don't know what other TM it could be, so if it's true (which is a big if, because it's a CDAN blind), that's too bad. :(

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in blind items, but it still wouldn't surprise me if it was true. I was suspicious the minute Leah said they met through mutual friends. I realize she's from a small town, but a 40 something man and a 26 year woman who has never held a traditional job or spent any significant time in any post high school education- how exactly are they going to have mutual friends? It wouldn't surprise me if drugs were the common link.

ETA: not saying it's impossible mind you, but given the age gap and Leah's rather insular social life...I just find it unlikely.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Leah has a lot on her plate with Ali’s disease (not discounting Corey’s role as a Dad)- such things have taken the wind out of women far older and more intelligent than Leah. 

This is why I have a tiny soft spot for Leah.  Don't get me wrong - she's damn lucky she has all the family support of her one millions relatives, Corey as a co-parent, and the Teen Mom $.  This situation would be even more taxing if she didn't.  But I still have a little soft spot because I can't say for sure that I wouldn't be tempted to be pilled out of my mind if I had to watch my child literally wither away bit by bit and be the youngest person ever to be diagnosed with such a terrible, debilitating illness that will end her life at a young age (and likely with a long, drawn out death that will be full of suffering). Poor Ali girl. Poor Leah. Poor family.  I'm not excusing Leah and she should be there in her right mind and doing what she can (and being sober) for Ali and her siblings every day that Ali has, as we know she won't have as many as others.  Ali deserves to have a present mom and Leah deserves to be present (and sober/living her real best life) for Ali's life, since it will likely be short.  But I also, on some small level, get it.  That situation is heartbreaking to me as I watch (or read about, since I don't watch it anymore) the show; I can't imagine living it out in real life. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18

I haven't been watching or PTVing for awhile, but just went into my room, turned on the television, which was on MTV, and saw Leah pulling Ali in a wagon with huge butterfly wings on the side, and I MUST HAVE IT!!! Want, want, want, need, yes NEED! Also, someone to pull me in it because I'm pretty sure my son won't unless he can tip me out in a snowbank or something.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This is why I have a tiny soft spot for Leah.  Don't get me wrong - she's damn lucky she has all the family support of her one millions relatives, Corey as a co-parent, and the Teen Mom $.  This situation would be even more taxing if she didn't.  But I still have a little soft spot because I can't say for sure that I wouldn't be tempted to be pilled out of my mind if I had to watch my child literally wither away bit by bit and be the youngest person ever to be diagnosed with such a terrible, debilitating illness that will end her life at a young age (and likely with a long, drawn out death that will be full of suffering). Poor Ali girl. Poor Leah. Poor family.  I'm not excusing Leah and she should be there in her right mind and doing what she can (and being sober) for Ali and her siblings every day that Ali has, as we know she won't have as many as others.  Ali deserves to have a present mom and Leah deserves to be present (and sober/living her real best life) for Ali's life, since it will likely be short.  But I also, on some small level, get it.  That situation is heartbreaking to me as I watch (or read about, since I don't watch it anymore) the show; I can't imagine living it out in real life. 

I'm totally with you. I ragged on Leah HARD when she was all pillsed out. She was being a horrible neglectful and dangerous mom - to all three kids. But nothing is black and white. I try to have compassion for people, even if I disagree with their choices. I cannot IMAGINE raising a child that I knew I would outlive. And you're just watching and waiting for that day. Good God. I'd be climbing an uphill battle every damned day not to grab the vodka and drink myself into oblivion. She needs to be there for those kids. 100%. But I can understand the desire to dull the pain.  

She seems to be in a better place now. She seems to have matured some, in regards to her expectations for relationships. I hope she can continue on a positive path. 

• Love 14
On 1/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

You said this so well--I also have a hard time commenting on Leah because of the situation with Ali. I cannot imagine dealing with that. Yes, Leah has many faults and often has not been a model parent, but I do believe she loves her children. And, I do not think she is soul-less like Jenelle.

• Love 10
On 1/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, Scarlett45 said:

We’ve discussed this before but I’ve always got the opposite impression. While I think neither was ever “morally corrupt” like a Jenelle type, I always got more a nastiness from Leah than Chelsea; while thinking Chelsea had a more inherent kindness and nurturing side than Leah. 

I could see Leah continuing to hook up with Jeremy inbetween relationships, so long as she doesn’t have another kid it’s not the end of the world; but I don’t think Leah could handle another child emotionally or physically. 

That's an interesting perspective. I do think Chelsea is more nurturing and kind to her children, and I would much rather be her child, or have her baby-sit my child (even if Leah's irresponsibility wasn't an issue) than Leah. However, as a peer, I'd rather hang out with Leah, because she seems less mean girly, and I'd feel safer with her as acquaintance. As far as being a close friend, I wouldn't want that with either of them!

• Love 6

I think Leah came off as "Mean Girl" during her 16&P episode and maybe early TM episodes.  The scenes of her telling her friends how she wasn't going to break up with until after he bought her a car (and how she acted like she was better than him in general) are telling.  

But I think life slapped Leah in the face and knocked the Mean Girl "skinny cheerleader/blonde queen of West Virginia" right out of her: Ali's medical condition, divorces, failed attempts at college/careers/MLMs, etc.  Leah is really the most benign of the bunch, whereas Chelsea is the most endearing.  Kail and Jenelle are still pretty much infuriating (obviously more so Jenlle).  

Same with Chelsea (although her insecurity was palpable for a lot of the early episodes).  Any Mean-Girl-ness in her subsided as she matured and dealt with Adam being a POS.  

I'd hate to have had my teens/early 20s - when I thought I knew it all but didn't know smack - filmed and shown over & over during marathons.  I'm sure at times I would have come off as "Mean Girl" even though I really wasn't much of one.  I was an immature turd, though, just like most teens/young adults.  These girls have matured and come around some (even if Chelsea seems to have matured a bit more than Leah), whereas Jenelle, for example, is still the soulless narcissist who gives no Fs about anyone but herself & her soulmate and Kail is still a bitter, thankless scowl-face of a person (with less grifting thanks to MTV money).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Leah came off as "Mean Girl" during her 16&P episode and maybe early TM episodes.  The scenes of her telling her friends how she wasn't going to break up with until after he bought her a car (and how she acted like she was better than him in general) are telling.  

But I think life slapped Leah in the face and knocked the Mean Girl "skinny cheerleader/blonde queen of West Virginia" right out of her: Ali's medical condition, divorces, failed attempts at college/careers/MLMs, etc.  Leah is really the most benign of the bunch, whereas Chelsea is the most endearing.  Kail and Jenelle are still pretty much infuriating (obviously more so Jenlle).  

Same with Chelsea (although her insecurity was palpable for a lot of the early episodes).  Any Mean-Girl-ness in her subsided as she matured and dealt with Adam being a POS.  

I'd hate to have had my teens/early 20s - when I thought I knew it all but didn't know smack - filmed and shown over & over during marathons.  I'm sure at times I would have come off as "Mean Girl" even though I really wasn't much of one.  I was an immature turd, though, just like most teens/young adults.  These girls have matured and come around some (even if Chelsea seems to have matured a bit more than Leah), whereas Jenelle, for example, is still the soulless narcissist who gives no Fs about anyone but herself & her soulmate and Kail is still a bitter, thankless scowl-face of a person (with less grifting thanks to MTV money).  

Leah was horrific in her 16&P eppy, but agreed, she was 16, hormonal, and she seemed genuinely horrified at her own behavior during filming. I think maybe a few months after her show aired, they interviewed her and she said that while she remembered being somewhat snarky to Corey, she honestly didn't realize how awful she was until she saw it on the episode. I gave her a lot of credit for not trying to blame editing or her condition, and instead just admitting she had been a complete bitch and she was sorry.

While I frequently consider you and Ghoulina my TWOP spirit animals, I must disagree with your last point about Kail. That bitch is still a grifter. Remember last year during the hurricanes, when she tried to talk MTV into sponsoring a "charity" skydive for hurricane victims? (I think that's who the charity was for, I could be confusing that). Bitch, donate your own money and pay for your own skydiving activities instead of using a tragedy to try and get your own entertainment comp'd. Loser.

• Love 8
On 12/29/2018 at 12:27 PM, Scarlett45 said:

@Christina87 I’m sure you are beautiful and lovely in high school and you are beautiful and lovely now. Yeah my father was the token fat kid in the 1950s (back when there were 1-2 fat kids in a class rather than 2/3rds of kids being heavy now) and he was teased and bullied A LOT. It affected his self esteem, and when I showed up as a brown round bundle of love from DAY 1, his stance was that he refused to have me hate myself, and things were going to be far harder for me as a girl than they were for him (double standards and all) so acceptance of myself was his number 1 goal. 

I think it’s human nature to look at other people and think “the grass is greener” on the other side of the fence but HUMANS are humans no matter how great things look on the outside. Maybe I’ve always known that because I grew up as a Sib which a lot of people just don’t get- I’m a statistical outlier in a LOT of ways (30 years old toddlers aren’t common even in the disability space!).

Taking it back to Leah to be on topic- I do think Leah bought into a narrative that her life was going to turn out a certain way and when it didn’t she was thrown for a loop (especially with Ali’s diagnosis). Had she been a more mature person with a higher IQ she would’ve recovered better from the shock but she is who she is. She has matured a lot and is a decent person who will be fine- again she’s still very young! But she’s young with three kids to raise (although Corey and Miranda are there for the twins) and dealing with all this in the interim.

Another reason I think having kids before you’ve lived as an adult for a while is a BAD idea (of course there are exceptions to everything)- you need to figure yourself out before you add other humans and their physical/mental/emotional needs into the equation. 

I do think that people are hyper critical of her choices in men because she’s demonstrated that she needs male validation to be complete (cough affairs with Robbie cough), that makes her extra vulnerable to scum bags. I would never think she would let a man HURT her children or anything like that, but every single parent has to be hyper aware about things like that. 

1-I think I love your dad!  2-  has anyone from Leah’s family ever disclosed what some truth was ?  Her grandma especially was saying wait until the truth comes out 

• Love 2
On 1/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I agree. I try to remember - I can't judge these girls the same as I would judge my peers. They were teenagers! Teenagers are often righteous, little shits. But people change. They learn life lessons and they grow. Or, at least, that's how it's supposed to work. I do see some of that with Chelsea and Leah. Or with Jo and Gary. But other moms, like Kail and Amber and Jenelle, are stuck in the same exact patterns they exhibited in their adolescence. Or worse!

• Love 6
On 1/18/2019 at 12:15 PM, ghoulina said:

I agree. I try to remember - I can't judge these girls the same as I would judge my peers. They were teenagers! Teenagers are often righteous, little shits. But people change. They learn life lessons and they grow. Or, at least, that's how it's supposed to work. I do see some of that with Chelsea and Leah. Or with Jo and Gary. But other moms, like Kail and Amber and Jenelle, are stuck in the same exact patterns they exhibited in their adolescence. Or worse!

That’s because this show lets them get away with their entitlement . The girls can do , not do , say or not say whatever they want to their bosses and they’re still hired and getting paid 6 figures the next season . This show stunted their mental growth . Chelsea was never a piece of shit.. she was a typical teenager that kept going back to the same guy over and over until that died out on its own and then she met cole and he showed her what a healthy relationship was supposed to be . Same with Leah . She had a lot on her plate and she shouldn’t have kept jumping into relationships / marriages but she was young and  she’s always loved her kids . Jenelle and amber don’t love their kids as evidenced by putting anything and everything above them 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

That’s because this show lets them get away with their entitlement . The girls can do , not do , say or not say whatever they want to their bosses and they’re still hired and getting paid 6 figures the next season . This show stunted their mental growth . Chelsea was never a piece of shit.. she was a typical teenager that kept going back to the same guy over and over until that died out on its own and then she met cole and he showed her what a healthy relationship was supposed to be . Same with Leah . She had a lot on her plate and she shouldn’t have kept jumping into relationships / marriages but she was young and  she’s always loved her kids . Jenelle and amber don’t love their kids as evidenced by putting anything and everything above them 

Yes there’s a big difference between being young, immature, making poor decisions and learning from them compared to being a morally corrupt human being -like Jenelle.

Something is WRONG with her on a human level. Remember when she stole her mother’s credit card to go on a vacation with Keiffer? Mind you her Mom was supporting her and Jace, she had food/clothes, a car, and when Barb was enraged that her own child would steal from her (not even from a semi understandable reason, like she was in real trouble and too ashamed to ask for help), Jenelle copped an attitude. Now many years later, her husband has been a vile Piece of Shit to everyone, and Jenelle doesn’t get it. “He’s not a bad guy”- if course he is! 

Now Leah- I couldn’t see Leah stealing from anyone (much less her mother). I don’t think she went out of her way to hurt Cory or Jeremy; she was just too self involved to be in a marriage. Which would be fine if she hadn’t chosen to get married or have kids so young. I am concerned about her self medicating with more drugs or alcohol, especially as the girls get older. She needs a strong support system in HER corner, Corey loves Ali but I think Leah needs emotional support outside of being a Mom. I think she tries to get this through relationships with men, which is why she has to be extra careful dating. 

• Love 6

Ugh, I follow Leah on Snapchat and today she posted a video of little Addy in the shower with her bare bottom soaped up for the perverts out there to see!!!! How old is Addy now?? I know she’s of school age. I’m always rooting for the Leah but that made my skin crawl that I quickly exited out from feeling weird having it on my phone screen.

I have my own personal videos of my kids in the bath (private’s covered by bubbles) and would never share with 2 million followers!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Ugh, I follow Leah on Snapchat and today she posted a video of little Addy in the shower with her bare bottom soaped up for the perverts out there to see!!!! How old is Addy now?? I know she’s of school age. I’m always rooting for the Leah but that made my skin crawl that I quickly exited out from feeling weird having it on my phone screen.

I have my own personal videos of my kids in the bath (private’s covered by bubbles) and would never share with 2 million followers!

That is just stupid.  She is obviously in the public eye, and specifically for having children.  I don't understand that at all.  And not even just for the perverts, what about kids in school, etc.  How embarrassing.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, alexa said:

That is just stupid.  She is obviously in the public eye, and specifically for having children.  I don't understand that at all.  And not even just for the perverts, what about kids in school, etc.  How embarrassing.

I just looked up her age and she’s five years old and in school. I don’t want to pull up the video for you guys but the kid is standing up covered in suds and smiling while Leah jokes about bathing her. I know between Leah and Addy they are just having mother daughter fun but to old perverted men (or sex traffickers) this isn’t innocent.

Smartphones have made it easy for predators to get their eyes on children. 😔 

Sorry, I’m just sensitive lately after hearing about the large bust that went down in Michigan with all of the kidnapped children taken for sex trafficking and that damn lifetime movie I watched “the bride he bought online” got me paranoid.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I just looked up her age and she’s five years old and in school. I don’t want to pull up the video for you guys but the kid is standing up covered in suds and smiling while Leah jokes about bathing her. I know between Leah and Addy they are just having mother daughter fun but to old perverted men (or sex traffickers) this isn’t innocent.

Smartphones have made it easy for predators to get their eyes on children. 😔 

Sorry, I’m just sensitive lately after hearing about the large bust that went down in Michigan with all of the kidnapped children taken for sex trafficking and that damn lifetime movie I watched “the bride he bought online” got me paranoid.

And she should be careful about those types of photos on her phone in general.  If any of it was stolen, yikes.  Not directed at you at all, but after a certain age I have never wanted to capture those moments on camera.  There just comes a time where privacy and safety is so important.  Did anyone comment that she should take it down, or was it just a bunch of people saying, how cute! ?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, alexa said:

And she should be careful about those types of photos on her phone in general.  If any of it was stolen, yikes.  Not directed at you at all, but after a certain age I have never wanted to capture those moments on camera.  There just comes a time where privacy and safety is so important.  Did anyone comment that she should take it down, or was it just a bunch of people saying, how cute! ?

It’s on Snapchat so I wasn’t able to see if other people asked her to take it down. I’m going to check her Instagram and Facebook to see if anyone mentions it.

Also, I stop taking bath photos once the kid reaches three/four for my own personal preference. Smartphones are super scary, you’re absolutely right, what if the phone was loss or stolen? Or what happens when we take the phone in to get repaired by the Service Technician who has access to the phone? 😬 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

That’s not ok. Addy isn’t a baby any more (she’s 5) and she has a right to her privacy. I’m sure Leah wasn’t thinking (which is the problem!!) but no that’s not acceptable. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Thankfully it’s not on her instagram or Facebook as not too many older men have Snapchat (not saying younger men can’t be pervs, but it just narrowed the viewership down a bit).

I don’t think so. Those looking for inappropriate pictures of children know where to find them. 

Even outside of social media, I think 5 is too old for bathtub photos. Not suggesting a family means anything inappropriate by them, but it’s not something to be photographed even if siblings are still bathing together etc. My god daughter is 4 and is going through her naked phase (which is fine), her mom tells her that when Company comes over she must wear pants, just like Momma must wear undergarments/pants (I am not Company, I’m in the family category).

No need to shame the child or anything but Leah please think! There’s a way to teach the child rules about socially acceptable nudity/clothing types without body shaming them. It’s like Leah went to the other extreme. 

• Love 3

I think people (especially younger generations) are just used to filming/documenting EVERY FREAKING MOMENT of their lives. They don't see the issue. It's just what you do. 

But, yes - 1000% perverted, old men are on Snapchat. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think so. Those looking for inappropriate pictures of children know where to find them. 

Even outside of social media, I think 5 is too old for bathtub photos. Not suggesting a family means anything inappropriate by them, but it’s not something to be photographed even if siblings are still bathing together etc. My god daughter is 4 and is going through her naked phase (which is fine), her mom tells her that when Company comes over she must wear pants, just like Momma must wear undergarments/pants (I am not Company, I’m in the family category).

No need to shame the child or anything but Leah please think! There’s a way to teach the child rules about socially acceptable nudity/clothing types without body shaming them. It’s like Leah went to the other extreme. 

It wasn’t just a bathtub video with addy sitting down with bath toys, she was standing up dancing in the shower with her whole backside exposed while smiling for mommy’s phone probably unsure if she’s recording a video or just holding the phone. 

I don’t know what goes in Leah’s head sometimes because I KNOW she loves them girlses. I also hope she doesn’t let the girlses run naked around when the new boyfriend is around with his son.

• Love 3
On 1/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, ghoulina said:

I think people (especially younger generations) are just used to filming/documenting EVERY FREAKING MOMENT of their lives. They don't see the issue. It's just what you do. 

But, yes - 1000% perverted, old men are on Snapchat. 

I agree Leah is so used to filming every single thing that she didn’t think. That’s the problem. 

On 1/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, Calm81 said:

It wasn’t just a bathtub video with addy sitting down with bath toys, she was standing up dancing in the shower with her whole backside exposed while smiling for mommy’s phone probably unsure if she’s recording a video or just holding the phone. 

I don’t know what goes in Leah’s head sometimes because I KNOW she loves them girlses. I also hope she doesn’t let the girlses run naked around when the new boyfriend is around with his son.

Yeah me too. 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, Calm81 said:

That’s child pornography.  If I were you I’d act like I’ve never saw those videos.  

• Love 1