Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

On 2/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, teapot said:

BTW we haven't yet touched on this but, has Poppaw Jeff always been such a SNACK?  HEY BOY HEY....

I keep seeing people saying this in different places...I don’t find him attractive at all. He looks like a turtle to me somehow...? 😆 I can’t explain it but I thought that way back in season one as well. I mean, he’s more attractive than Corey but not that much. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The only guy in TM or TM2 I’ve ever found hot is Taylor's barber. 🤤  

On 3/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, druzy said:

😲

image.png.b1bc92e741f55030a26b015885ff9660.png

It sure seemed like he was in a hurry to have Leah “shoot out” his kid. Also, the unwell grammar 💀 I get his point though.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, JuliesMommy said:

He’s mad at MTV?? They didn’t do anything. This rant of his should be directed to Leah and her boyfriend. MTV has nothing to do with the way Leah wants to paint him out to be in front of the cameras for a storyline. 

They aired it and didn’t have to. I mean, Leah would have no other storyline so of course they aired it but still. I definitely think Mtv ultimately controls all the narratives and can give a good or bad edit depending on their whims.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, BitterApple said:

Like I said on the episode thread, the truth is likely in the middle. Yes, Leah is exaggerating for a storyline but methinks Jeremy doth protest too much. I don't know how pipeline gigs work, but if he's on a set schedule, what's stopping him from calling Addie at a designated time every night? Or at least three times a week? 

From talking to guys who “lay pipe” (see last week’s episode thread if you’re dying for the whole story, lol) they work 12-14 hours a day, sometimes only having 1 day off a week when they’re at a job site. It could very well be that he is already on the job by he time she wakes up and is working until after or close to the time she goes to bed and he’s exhausted, dirty and still has to get back to his hotel. She’s in school on his lunch break. I  didn’t understand it was like that until they explained they literally can’t have a life while on the job but it seems like it’s pretty legit that he just doesn’t have the chance to call, unless it’s a weekend. I think in that case I’d probably plan ahead and bring stamps and stationery with me and drop some cute little notes or stickers in the mail for Addie if I wasn’t able to speak with her very often. (I even do that for my friend’s kids when they go to camp. They love it!) She’d probably be thrilled! But most guys don’t think like that in my experience. 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:42 AM, Tatum said:

Leah and Kailyn both treat their kids like extensions of themselves- never stopping to consider how the kids might feel about something before acting.  Like it's just assumed the kids will want whatever and feel however their respective mothers will.

That’s a really interesting point! I feel like they all do this - Chelsea thinks Adam and his family should just go away and let Cole adopt Aubree so she seemed to think that’s what Aubree wanted, until Aubree literally told her differently. She still seems to kind of think that, what with asking Aubree if she likes Donna coming to lunch (why wouldn’t she??) when it’s actually Chelsea who doesn’t seem like that it occurs. Jenelle does it too, in various ways. Briana might be the only one who doesn’t, or at least I can’t think of an example.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:01 AM, Christina87 said:

Right after this picture was taken, they moseyed back to their trailer, and Mama Dawn let Leah have an appetizer of canned frosting as long as she set ta table while Mama Dawn made canned ravioli. If Leah was still hungry before the ravioli was done, Mama Dawn tossed her a few Cheetos. Ahhhh, too depressing! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Messer family recipes indicate that there’s is no “making” necessary - open the can and pour! Eat cold. 🤢 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

From talking to guys who “lay pipe” (see last week’s episode thread if your dying for the whole story, lol) they work 12-14 hours a day, sometimes only having 1 day off a week when they’re at a job site. It could very well be that he is already on the job by he time she wakes up and is working until after or close to the time she goes to bed and he’s exhausted, dirty and still has to get back to his hotel. She’s in school on his lunch break. I  didn’t understand it was like that until they explained they literally can’t have a life while on the job but it seems like it’s pretty legit that he just doesn’t have the chance to call, unless it’s a weekend. I think in that case I’d probably plan ahead and bring stamps and stationery with me and drop some cute little notes or stickers in the mail for Addie if I wasn’t able to speak with her very often. (I even do that for my friend’s kids when they go to camp. They love it!) She’d probably be thrilled! But most guys don’t think like that in my experience. 

This!  These guys are working their asses off on the pipeline.  It is complete hell, but pays A LOT.

Not to mention, Addie is in a different time zone than her dad, too.  So she’s an hour ahead which seems minor but does factor in.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

This!  These guys are working their asses off on the pipeline.  It is complete hell, but pays A LOT.

Not to mention, Addie is in a different time zone than her dad, too.  So she’s an hour ahead which seems minor but does factor in.

Husband worked as a civilian in Kuwait for a total of 2 and half yrs.  one yr home, one year away, and so on.  My daughter was young. Younger than Addie but still.  He worked 12-14+ hours a day.  At three 3pm here it was midnight there.  There were days he was so exhausted I would tell him he didn’t have to video chat.  (Before FaceTime) Of course my daughter would say she missed her daddy.  But I would explain to her that Daddy misses her too but he would be home in a few months and he may call the next day. Subject was forgotten quickly.  He was tired. He would be lucky to get 8 hours of sleep but it was usually 6.  I understood.  Leah makes me want to strangle her!

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, druzy said:

I wonder if Leah and Jason broke up. 

image.png.b75eede4de8082fc6b50797acf6d47d3.png

Wow looks like the deactivated her instagram...interesting. I looked for it and only came across a fan page. I did learn though that the ridiculous cheer pic of Gracie was indeed a hairpiece and not her actual hair. I have no idea why that particular look would be mandated.

Also came across this little gem about Jason: Fans of the series learned that Leah and Jason met through a mutual friend. "He’s 39, so we’re a little over 10 years apart. If I date someone my age it’s like, they don’t get my life," Leah told a friend during the show. "They don’t understand three kids; they don’t want any part of that. He has a little boy. He’s been married twice. It’s so crazy how similar we are." 

Leah, you're 26. I would bet good money that it would be hard to find a man in the holler who hasn't sired  a child by the age of 26.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I wonder if Leah and Jason broke up. 

image.png.b75eede4de8082fc6b50797acf6d47d3.png

Weird... I wonder why that would result in unfollowing “everyone.” I just checked and her Instagram is still up. She still has pictures with Jason posted but it doesn’t appear that they follow each other...? People sometimes don’t come up when you search for someone though when people have thousands of followers (or millions in Leah’s case) I’ve noticed. Maybe she just hasn’t removed the pictures of them yet? I wonder what the story is? She also posted this: 

971F271D-D3AC-4FE2-9DF3-4AAAFBCCB7A1.jpeg

I have to say...what does this also imply about YOU, Leah? You haven’t always shown the greatest things about who you are. I’ve kinda never liked this quote, even though I get the point. 

EDIT: since I refuse to do my actual work 😝 I took it upon myself to go through her friends list manually (luckily she only follows a few hundred people so it was a quick scroll) and she’s definitely not following “raylansdad416” any longer. She sure is a fan of country music and Vanderpump Rules though, that’s basically all she follows! Delta Dawn DOES still follow Jason, however. If Leah is a true TMer they’ll be back together quick enough.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8

I stand corrected on Leah's instagram.

OK, I don't like Leah much.

But after seeing the Halloween pic where her 3 girls are dressed as the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus- and she accurately transcribes Bette Midler's spell turning Thackery into a cat- I dislike her a little less.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Leah Messer‘s relationship with Jason Jordan has come to a bitter end!

The Ashley can confirm that the Teen Mom 2 star has split with her boyfriend of about eight months. The couple took a short break in their relationship back in October, but were back together within a few weeks. This time, however, The Ashley hears that the split is for good, as things ended badly. 

“The first time they broke up, Leah’s manager (whom she does her Life Reboot podcast with) basically told her that Jason was no good and that she needed to dump him, so Leah did,” one of The Ashley’s sources tells her. “The manager felt Jason was too controlling of Leah, but Leah still wanted to be with him even after the breakup, so that’s why they got back together.”

“This time they split because he had become even more controlling of Leah and she realized it for herself,” the source said. “He was very jealous and was basically trying to run her life.”

The Ashley hears that the breakup happened about two weeks ago, and that Jason has been actively trying to get Leah back since then. 

Leah has not confirmed the split; however, she did post a meme to her Instagram Stories on Wednesday that reads “When someone shows you who they are believe them,” adding “Facts.” 

Leah is just about finished filming for ‘Teen Mom 2’ Season 9A, so it’s unlikely that the breakup will be covered on the current season. (As The Ashley previously told you, though, the show’s “9B” season is happening, so it’s possible that it could be part of that season.)

Edited by druzy
  • Love 11

I definitely got a controlling vibe from him too. Glad she cut him loose! That is one of the few times she has set a good example for her girls when it comes to men. Let's see if it lasts. Also, I wonder how long it took her to move her junk out of his house!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I'm actually a little impressed that Leah recognized that controlling or jealous behavior is a red flag and this person should be avoided, rather than mistaking control and jealously issues for love and devotion. (He's so jealous and wants to know where I am at all times because he just loves me SO much!). I wonder if he started to push her to get pregnant or something.

• Love 7

Why do I get the feeling he left her? Well one, it’s coming from such a reliable source like “the Ashley” lol but I think that her immaturity and lack of common sense, lack of intelligence, hoarder/animal girls that she’s raising is part of the reason I think he left her. JMO

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, JuliesMommy said:

Why do I get the feeling he left her? Well one, it’s coming from such a reliable source like “the Ashley” lol but I think that her immaturity and lack of common sense, lack of intelligence, hoarder/animal girls that she’s raising is part of the reason I think he left her. JMO

It's certainly possible. I mean, I didn't believe her when she said in her 16 and Pregnant episode that she broke up with Robbie because he was too jealous and controlling. Granted, Robbie was only onscreen for about 12 seconds, but he didn't seem to exude enough mental fortitude to be jealous about anything, other than maybe jealous of who got the last grab bag of Cheetos.

Come to think of it, at different times, Leah accused both Corey and Jeremy of being controlling and too jealous as well.

Maybe in Leah's world, "controlling and jealous" means, "takes exception to being cheated on".

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Leah says: 

D58D1E8A-5EEF-419D-9B57-70655C72682C.jpeg

Hmmm. That wasn’t really the vibe she was laying down earlier about it all now was it? It’s better that she’s avoiding drama though, IMO.

Edited by Rebecca
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Ah, the vague social media post. I thought Jeremy might be above that, but I guess he's just as desperate for attention and validation as any of the women on this show are.

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

I’m a lot dumber after reading the comments on Leah’s post. That unwell school thing appears to be an epidemic!!! 😳 🥴

82FED0FB-0167-4B04-9D00-01E2537BE8F8.jpeg

You're.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Ah, the vague social media post. I thought Jeremy might be above that, but I guess he's just as desperate for attention and validation as any of the women on this show are.

You're.png

Leah posted a video of Addy I’m the waiting room running behind addy’s ear and hear hair.  I didn’t turn the volume up. I can’t stand to hear her talk.  So she’s fishing for attention, too. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mkay said:

Leah posted a video of Addy I’m the waiting room running behind addy’s ear and hear hair.  I didn’t turn the volume up. I can’t stand to hear her talk.  So she’s fishing for attention, too. 

She had or has some swelling behind her ear. It all seems a bit dramatic. Gotta compete with Kailyn’s “sexy” photos. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

She had or has some swelling behind her ear. It all seems a bit dramatic. Gotta compete with Kailyn’s “sexy” photos

To be fair, it's pretty easy to compete with something that can't possibly exist.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I just watched Leah’s Instagram story and she’s trying on clothes for a sponsorship and she said she got “fox leather pants” 🤣. She means “faux,” of course. I wonder if she even knows that means “fake” or if she thinks they’re real.

french internet GIF

Edited by Rebecca
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I just watched Leah’s Instagram story and she’s trying on clothes for a sponsorship and she said she got “fox leather pants” 🤣. She means “faux,” of course. I wonder if she even knows that means “fake” or if she thinks they’re real.

french internet GIF

Are they available in faux fox leather? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, Christina87 said:

He is definitely going overboard! I wanted to smack him in this episode when he kept saying, "I like Corey, because he actually takes care of his kids. He seems like a good dude, and he actually takes care of his kids..." The way he said it threw SO much shade at Jeremy, and he also seemed to be goading Leah to make the comparison. When she took the bait and said, "unlike Jeremy," then all of a sudden, he's just too saintly to gossip about Jeremy, when he's already done it on camera. That was when I started smelling something rotten in Denmark. He's a major pot stirrer at the very least, and seems like he wants to manipulate his way to coming off as the good guy!

On 3/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, Rebecca said:

From talking to guys who “lay pipe” (see last week’s episode thread if you’re dying for the whole story, lol) they work 12-14 hours a day, sometimes only having 1 day off a week when they’re at a job site. It could very well be that he is already on the job by he time she wakes up and is working until after or close to the time she goes to bed and he’s exhausted, dirty and still has to get back to his hotel. She’s in school on his lunch break. I  didn’t understand it was like that until they explained they literally can’t have a life while on the job but it seems like it’s pretty legit that he just doesn’t have the chance to call, unless it’s a weekend. I think in that case I’d probably plan ahead and bring stamps and stationery with me and drop some cute little notes or stickers in the mail for Addie if I wasn’t able to speak with her very often. (I even do that for my friend’s kids when they go to camp. They love it!) She’d probably be thrilled! But most guys don’t think like that in my experience. 

Leah knew what the score was with Jeremy's work schedule and his availability to talk with children who would be in school etc when she decided to make a baby with him.  

Oh, poor, poor Leah.  Yes, I'm feeling so sorry for her as she cashes those over $1k/mo child support checks for ONE child while she has a gazillion of her own relatives or Jeremy's relatives to help her with Addie, etc (and who are more than willing to do so).  She also has all the help (and no need for a 40 hr/wk job) that $300k/yr of MTV money can buy.  Leah is hardly raising Addie all by herself 90% of the time and isn't  It sucks for Addie doesn't see her dad as much, but as for her mom, Leah knew that was the score when they made Addie- so she needs to STFU.  

My SIL is raising four kids on an elementary school teacher's salary & gets what Jeremy pays Leah in child support monthly for Addie from her ex FOR ALL FOUR KIDS.  And my SIL works 40+hrs/wk and doesn't have a crew of in-laws or family in the same town to help her out with her kids. CRY ME A RIVER about Jeremy "not being a dad," Leah. Try living my SIL's life for a day. Try being a single mom whose baby daddy manages to avoid paying child support at all or only pays a couple hundred dollars per month, working a full-time non-MTV job, and juggling childcare, etc.  Even with Jeremy away for work most of the time (which sucks for Addie), you have it soooo damn easy with Jeremy as your kid's dad (and all the family support & MTV income) than the majority of single moms out there.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Back in the day.

Dawn Leah.jpg

All I see here are two babies. How sad for everyone involved. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Leah knew what the score was with Jeremy's work schedule and his availability to talk with children who would be in school etc when she decided to make a baby with him.  

Oh, poor, poor Leah.  Yes, I'm feeling so sorry for her as she cashes those over $1k/mo child support checks for ONE child while she has a gazillion of her own relatives or Jeremy's relatives to help her with Addie, etc (and who are more than willing to do so).  She also has all the help (and no need for a 40 hr/wk job) that $300k/yr of MTV money can buy.  Leah is hardly raising Addie all by herself 90% of the time and isn't  It sucks for Addie doesn't see her dad as much, but as for her mom, Leah knew that was the score when they made Addie- so she needs to STFU.  

My SIL is raising four kids on an elementary school teacher's salary & gets what Jeremy pays Leah in child support monthly for Addie from her ex FOR ALL FOUR KIDS.  And my SIL works 40+hrs/wk and doesn't have a crew of in-laws or family in the same town to help her out with her kids. CRY ME A RIVER about Jeremy "not being a dad," Leah. Try living my SIL's life for a day. Try being a single mom whose baby daddy manages to avoid paying child support at all or only pays a couple hundred dollars per month, working a full-time non-MTV job, and juggling childcare, etc.  Even with Jeremy away for work most of the time (which sucks for Addie), you have it soooo damn easy with Jeremy as your kid's dad (and all the family support & MTV income) than the majority of single moms out there.

All I see here are two babies. How sad for everyone involved. 

I wish I could like this 100 times!!! I wish that Jeremy WOULD move to WV and get a McDonald's job, and see how Leah likes the vastly reduced child support. Even better, he should do this right after the show ends. Then, they could both have low-paying jobs to make ends meet, like most of America. Geez, s someone frustrated by job searching, I would marry a pipeliner in a second lol! I would love to be a SAHM with a husband bringing in six figures, even if I only saw him on weekends. MOST people, especially in two income households, don't get tons of quality time with their spouses during the week anyway, as they go through the daily grind. Of course it's harder to do it alone, but I personally, as someone who likes alone time, would so much rather stay home with the kids with a six-figure salary while my husband is working away from home, than both have low-paying jobs and having to juggle two jobs and maintain a strict budget. Plus, Jeremy was home for weeks at a time when between jobs, and that would be really fun and exciting, especially for the kids! Leah grumbles like her life circumstances were the worst, but let's see how much she likes working at the gas station, desperatelty trying to make ends meet. I do think that some people, like me, who are more independent and quality time oriented, would do better with a husband like Jeremy. I'd cherish my time alone, and get a thrill out of watching what I wanted on the DVR after the kids were in bed, before starfish sleeping across the bed, and making all the decisions during the week. Then, I'd get super excited to spend quality time with him on the weekends, and would have fun planning nice weekends for him and lavishing him with attention while he was here. I'd also be so appreciate for his relatives, and involve them in the kid's life when he can't be there. Leah was never cut out for that life, asshe needs someone constantly there, and could never see things from his point of view. Instead of trying to make his time home pleasant, she'd start yelling and nagging the second he walked through the door. Leah has felt like such a victim this whole time with the Jeremy stuff, but I can't wait to see how she reacts when she's introduced to the world of having to make money. Then, maybe she'll have an ounce of respect for Jeremy when she finds out that six-figure jobs aren't offered around every corner. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 8

I get that Jeremy is working hard and is angry about how he's being portrayed, and I've always respected his work ethic, but he sure does know how to be ultra trashy on the internet. Like, really, you'd win over a lot more people without the white ass/ass licking/blow job references...seriously, you can just make an argument with regular words. I promise.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I get that Jeremy is working hard and is angry about how he's being portrayed, and I've always respected his work ethic, but he sure does know how to be ultra trashy on the internet. Like, really, you'd win over a lot more people without the white ass/ass licking/blow job references...seriously, you can just make an argument with regular words. I promise.

ROFL!!!! Maybe Jeremy should have paid more attention in English class... 😂😂😂

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, he's no prize. But I've long been a believer in water seeking its own level. None of these girls are particularly intelligent, hard working, ambitious, or mature, so it stands to reason that no guy that was any of these things would be drawn to any of these women. Unless he was a fame whore, which says a lot about his character as well, even if he does have a job. Jeremy has never been a class act.

• Love 8
Just now, Snarky McSnarky said:

I think she meant Dawn looks like she's Leah's older sister in that photograph.

Leah doesn’t have an older sister, she’s the oldest. I never thought Victoria looked older but maybe some people do. I would love to see Delta Dawn’s sister, if one exists. I want to know if her...look...is all genetics.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dawn was always heavier, so the face is fuller and the hair is bigger, but other than that, Dawn looks exactly like Leah at 16 (minus all the makeup she wore). And all the girls strongly resemble Leah in their own ways, even if they don't really resemble each other. Those must be some dominant genes running through that family.

1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

Leah doesn’t have an older sister, she’s the oldest. I never thought Victoria looked older but maybe some people do. I would love to see Delta Dawn’s sister, if one exists. I want to know if her...look...is all genetics.

Think she meant she looks like AN older sister (like, in general), vs a mother.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/19/2019 at 10:52 AM, Tatum said:

Think she meant she looks like AN older sister (like, in general), vs a mother.

Ah! That makes sense and I agree. It’s funny how many different ways a sentence can be interpreted.

• Love 4

sorry, I think I was in a hurry and I worry about rambling so I edit myself ruthlessly.

I did mean Dawn looks like Leah's older sister instead of her mother. My older sister was 12 years older than our younger brother and that Dawn/Leah picture made me think of their pictures together. 

• Love 3

I have a loooong drive tomorrow for work so I was looking at podcasts to listen to and I just looked at Leah’s... Jason was the guest today...it’s about how he and Leah stay happy in their relationship. Recorded in advance, clearly!

EDIT: I just listened to the first few minutes and I can’t...it’s wayyyy too many people talking and laughing. It’s Leah, Jason and her two co-hosts. I listen to a lot of podcasts and it’s seriously always too many people after 3. Two is best, IMO. I’ve subscribed to her podcast for awhile but never really listened. Does anyone? As of now I’m out.

@guilfoyleatpp I think it was just me being too “fairydusted” and sleep deprived to get it!! You are right though, it doesn’t look like mother and daughter. Much like when Leah would carry the twinses around when they were babies.

I still wanna see more of mama Dawn’s kinfolk!! Can we get a Bein’ Mama Dawn?

Edited by Rebecca
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

I don't get it.

Also, now Leah and Jeremy are friends again?

I’m with you on the confusion over Leah and Jeremy and their relationship. I think the twitter thing is confusing because the poster is inarticulate (say it ain’t so!) but they’re saying that Leah shouldn’t make cracks about Jenelle in regard to her burning Kailyn’s “gift” because if Jenelle ever said anything back Leah would just sit there and cry. They’re probably referring to how awkward Leah got when Briana was confronting her about Kailyn last season at the reunion from hell.

• Love 6
On 3/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, druzy said:

I'm happy she's out of the hospital but I don't think this is cute.

This kid will be pregnant in 2 years... 🙄 her hillbilly ass parents seem to think it’s “funny” and “cute” to make her wear makeup, and act like a slut. Why on earth would anyone let their child who is obviously already sexually awakened (talking about boyfriends) listen to a stripper who does nothing but talk about sex?  I’m disgusted in Leah... even more so then Jenelle. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JuliesMommy said:

This kid will be pregnant in 2 years... 🙄 her hillbilly ass parents seem to think it’s “funny” and “cute” to make her wear makeup, and act like a slut. Why on earth would anyone let their child who is obviously already sexually awakened (talking about boyfriends) listen to a stripper who does nothing but talk about sex?  I’m disgusted in Leah... even more so then Jenelle. 

While I am concerned that Addie is being exposed to adult things too early, it’s unlikely she will be reproductively capable in 2yrs (at the age of eight) and if she did become pregnant that young (unlikely but not impossible) it would most certainly be RAPE as any boy/man old enough to have working sperm would know that an 8yrs old child cannot consent to sexual activity. That wouldn’t be Addie’s fault. 

I would never accuse a child of “acting like a slut”. Anything Addie is doing is because she is mimicking adults, coughLeahcough. I don’t agree with the “boyfriend” thing, meaning I don’t think it’s good to harass children about having a boyfriend/girlfriend especially that young; but I doubt that’s actually about sexual activity (more about male attention and what that means for women socially in Leah’s world).

I’ve noticed in certain cultural milieus any time two children of the opposite sex have any sort of friendship it’s labeled as “boyfriend/girlfriend”. Why?!!!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

While I am concerned that Addie is being exposed to adult things too early, it’s unlikely she will be reproductively capable in 2yrs (at the age of eight) and if she did become pregnant that young (unlikely but not impossible) it would most certainly be RAPE as any boy/man old enough to have working sperm would know that an 8yrs old child cannot consent to sexual activity. That wouldn’t be Addie’s fault. 

I would never accuse a child of “acting like a slut”. Anything Addie is doing is because she is mimicking adults, coughLeahcough. I don’t agree with the “boyfriend” thing, meaning I don’t think it’s good to harass children about having a boyfriend/girlfriend especially that young; but I doubt that’s actually about sexual activity (more about male attention and what that means for women socially in Leah’s world).

I’ve noticed in certain cultural milieus any time two children of the opposite sex have any sort of friendship it’s labeled as “boyfriend/girlfriend”. Why?!!!

Obviously I know addies age and know that it would be impossible (unless it’s rape) that she would be pregnant in two years. See, in this forum we use a little thing called “sarcasm”. And I can absolutely use the phrase “acting like a slut” because that’s EXACTLY what she’s acting like. Wether it’s mimicking her mom, or inappropriate behavior she’s copying from other people it’s it what it is. Leah is fully responsible for her girlses and has many times encouraged them to wear makeup and has shown them that having a boyfriend is all you need in life. More than anything it’s a cultural thing from the holler because they have nothing else going for them other then getting married and having kids. 

Edited by JuliesMommy
Typo
  • Love 3