Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Shed Defender, LugBug, Ta-Ta Towel, sanaía

GoldenGirl90
  • Start Topic

Omg those poor dogs.

Applesauce? Really? I can't imagine the weight of those glass jars. I do like applesauce once or twice a year with pork but I found the presenter's position about a $35 billion industry a bit off putting.

• Love 4

I looked at the applesauce website, and they proudly announce "9 flavors", but only list 7 on the inventory.       I hate simple goofs like that.     The flavors didn't look that interesting either.    I wonder how many of those glass jars end up delivered with shattered glass?      I also can't imagine the weight of the glass, and shipping.     The shipping costs have been the downfall of many mail order products.     I hate it when people cry, and whine about how their money supports so many people.     I'm sure the $250k the owner invested in this project would have been better spent supporting people, than making applesauce for grown ups. 

Anyone who puts their dog in a onesie deserves to get chewed on.   And I'm sure that there are people that put the dog in the onesie, and leave it on for long periods of time.  

I laughed so hard I was crying at Kevin wearing the Tata Towels through the entire presentation.    Lori was the perfect shark for this, and I'm sure it will be a big hit on QVC.   Maybe they can get Kevin to demo it on QVC?  

The car seat carrier looked like a great idea, but how many people will get it, and forget it at home, or misplace it in the car, never to be seen again?    Also, how long before some of the big manufacturers of baby carriers incorporate this into the handle permanently?     My guess is not long.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

Watching this made me realize how much better it is without any of those guest sharks (except Ashton Kucther) - especially that Spanx woman and her mega teeth smile.  Maybe the editing is tighter or something, but I didn't FF as much as I usually do.  Thought bringing our Robert's wife and twins was kind of gimmicky, but at least it didn't take long.

I'm a devoted pet parent, and would actually consider something like that onesie when I take our lab Molly to our daughter's house (very nice furniture, not that they are overly fussy) but I can't imagine the trouble it would involve to get her legs inside it.  She sheds constantly, though, so I am tempted.

I also really liked the a ata towels, and am glad she got a deal.  I have to admit, that's a solution to a problem I hadn't even thought about, but I imagine a nice terry bra-thing would feel comfortable.  Using Kevin as the model was a great move.  He comes as a grouch, but he's actually pretty good-natured about this kind of thing.

Not a fan of applesauce, as a snack - I looked it up on Amazon (because I got a huge security warning when I went to the Sanaia website), and the ginger flavored one available has 23 grams of sugar, 0 protein.  Less of a snack, more of a condiment. I don't like crying, but I guess it worked.  I don't understand these sharks sometimes, they are so inconsistent.  They want people to demonstrate commitment to their products, but when these people invest their life savings that's a negative.  It's also hardly reasonable for people to give up their actual jobs (with benefits, I assume) when they are the breadwinners. 

21 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I just made three pints of applesauce today, in my crock pot. Probably cost me around $2.

Did you add ginger?

Edited by mjc570
I can't spell ta
  • Love 5

The applesauce in the glass jars was initially going to be sold on Amazon Prime, so the shipping would be free (included in the price of Prime membership). People buy a lot of crazy expensive shit for any or no reason.

The way the applesauce lady was spoken to and treated was some of the grossest behavior I've ever seen on reality TV, and yeah, I know that's saying a lot. Compare how she was treated to the way they slobbered all over the Lego glue boy last week.

I wish the applesauce lady had thrown a jar at Mark Cuban's head instead of taking his deal. "I wanted to see how badly she wanted it." Fuck you, Mark.

• Love 5

I agree with those who have said poor dogs, and poor models! 

I turned to my hubby and said that if the inventors were worried about picking up pet hair on their clothes, they should have invented a onesie for themselves to wear. Most people that I know that have dogs have blankets or dog beds that the dogs lay on while travelling in the car. But mostly the dog looked uncomfortable, especially with having the onesie encasing its legs. But then I don't care about pet hair, and actually have a sign in my living room that says "If you don't like cat hair, get off of the couch". It comes with the territory of owning (most) animals, and it is my problem (though I don't consider it one) not theirs. 

I didn't see the point of the ta-ta towel, and thought it looked ridiculous. As someone who has rather large breasts for my frame, the only time I have a problem with sweat is playing sports. Certainly when I get out of the shower, my under breast area is not sweating. And if it is hot in my house I have air conditioning on. In addition, I would think that someone who has large breasts and has them hanging in a towel would end up with a sore neck from the weight of the towel being pulled by the gravity of the breasts. Seemed to me to be one of the products that is a solution looking for a problem.

I am not an applesauce fan, so for the few times a year I might eat it, Motts is just fine for me. I am glad though that Mark made a deal with the pitcher. Kevin was a bit harsh on his insistence that she had to be working full time on the product, and I am glad that she got a chance to explain her situation.

I loved how excited Robert was that Kim and his twins surprised him by appearing on the show. He just lit up at the sight of them, and was still gushing afterwards that he couldn't believe Kim was there. I remember back to when they were partners on DWTS, and love that they ended up falling in love and marrying. 

• Love 5

Poor Robert's son.  I cringed when he picked him up without supporting his head.

I kind of get it about the dog onesie, but seriously, how many dogs are going to let you put it on them.  As for the tata towel, I'm kind of busty and have experienced under-boob sweat, however, when would you actually wear that kind of towel?  Mostly, after having a shower, I towel off and get dressed.  Am I supposed to wear that under my clothes?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Poor Robert's son.  I cringed when he picked him up without supporting his head.

I kind of get it about the dog onesie, but seriously, how many dogs are going to let you put it on them.  As for the tata towel, I'm kind of busty and have experienced under-boob sweat, however, when would you actually wear that kind of towel?  Mostly, after having a shower, I towel off and get dressed.  Am I supposed to wear that under my clothes?

The advertising I have seen for the TaTa towel has been more for people who get out of the shower and then like do makeup and hair etc and don't get dressed right away... sort of like hanging out in a robe... but a steamy bathroom post shower can definitely get warm, especially when it's hot outside in the summer.... I get the use of it, though I don't think it's something everyone needs... I usually also just get dressed right away, but I know people who don't that would love this product.

The pet onsie looked ridiculous... I get the idea of it, and would be a nice gesture for visiting other people who don't want pet hair all over... but doesn't seem super necessary. 

The baby carrier handle is fine in concept, but not all that useful, especially with how bulky it is. Most people aren't carrying the baby carrier all that far, like Robert said, and if they are, I always lifted it and would carry it on my forearm for a bit instead.  There are some carseats that have a zigzag shaped handle, which lets you hold it either direction.

Applesauce doesn't have enough nutrition to make it a good grab and go for adults...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I loved how excited Robert was that Kim and his twins surprised him by appearing on the show. He just lit up at the sight of them, and was still gushing afterwards that he couldn't believe Kim was there. I remember back to when they were partners on DWTS, and love that they ended up falling in love and marrying. 

I noticed that too. That was one of the most genuine moments of the show.

• Love 8

I did not get the appeal or sanity of any of the items offered deals on this episode.

Dogs have fur/hair.  If you are going to bring a pet into your home, but are so concerned about extra hair or shedding, maybe rethink your decision vs. stuffing your naturally fur-bearing dog into a onesie. But there are a lot of people buying this thing, so...

Applesauce lady seems very nice, and if she has a good recipe and knows people who enjoy it as a snack....yay.  But I don’t see fancy, overpriced applesauce making as big a splash as yogurt like she claimed.  Applesauce is yummy and it’s a nice substitute ingredient for baking/cooking, but it doesn’t pack a punch as a go to food.  It has a lot of sugar and no protein.  It is also ridiculously easy (& cheap) to make at home.  And if I choose to, I could add other fruits, or as many herbs and spices as I want to. 

Ta-Ta Towel...I don’t get it, and I am hauling 38D’s in and out of the shower. Not once did I ever want to swaddle them in a terry cloth sling around my neck.  Even once the inventor explained the “problem” she solved, I was stlll confused.  Wouldn’t a regular towel work to dry off sweat?  If it’s super hot or humid, stand in front of a fan! I also get dressed pretty quick after a shower, or I throw on a tee shirt while I do hair/makeup. Plus I just wouldn’t be comfortable walking around with the boob sling and nothing else. 

The baby carrier handle attachment was just not well thought out.  Like someone above mentioned, a lot of carriers have the Z handle to help with hand positioning.  My daughter is 12, but her “baby bucket” had the Z handle. Not many people need to haul the baby around in just the carrier for very long.  Most people pop them into a stroller or grocery cart, so long distance carrying doesn’t seem like a big problem. 

• Love 6

I would absolutely buy the Ta-Ta Towel because I start sweating as soon as I get out of the shower no matter how cool the shower. Underboob sweat is the bane of my existence. I don't have the disposable income to pay $40 or whatever it was for the Towel, though.

• Love 3

I used to live in Florida and always got sweaty getting ready to go out after a shower.   It drove me crazy.     I'd have bought the Ta-ta towel but wasn't it only for C cups and above?    Why none for smaller  women?   We sweat, too!

• Love 2

I didnt get the pet onesie.  They said it's designed to be worn on select occasions, not all the time.  I dont care what they say it didnt look comfortable for the dog.  I used to have a big dog who shed alot and by the time I wrangle her into that thing hair would be everywhere.  Who needs that hassle when you can just skip it.  The ta ta towel...perfect for QVC.   Seem really expensive or how long you wear them.  Those were some crazy "over the shoulder boulder holders."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I would absolutely buy the Ta-Ta Towel because I start sweating as soon as I get out of the shower no matter how cool the shower. Underboob sweat is the bane of my existence. I don't have the disposable income to pay $40 or whatever it was for the Towel, though.

I just rub Secret under my boobs whenever I'm putting it on my pits, too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I used to live in Florida and always got sweaty getting ready to go out after a shower.   It drove me crazy.     I'd have bought the Ta-ta towel but wasn't it only for C cups and above?    Why none for smaller  women?   We sweat, too!

Breasts have to be at least a C-cup--or I guess, barring that, sagging enough to where breast skin meets stomach skin--to be able to hold the Towel in place.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I said the same thing while watching. If the price went down to $25 or even $30, I might be able to be convinced. I've been on a quest for a good bralette that doesn't cost a ton in my hard-to-find size (32E, the world is not made for big-boobed women with small ribcages), because there are times when I'm just lounging around the house and don't want to wear a bra, but I also don't want to deal with sweat and friction. I've tried some cheap sports bras that kind of get the job done, but this might work better. Maybe I should keep an eye out for sales.

When the dog came out in a onesie, I said, "This is stupid, but watch, they're going to have over a million in sales." I don't have a dog, so meh, whatever, I guess.

But I do have twins! And yeah, there were times when I was on my own and was lugging around both carriers. Somehow, I survived without a special handle. I get the concept, and it wasn't the worst idea ever, but as Robert said, you usually don't have to carry the carriers that far, and you can find ways to deal. And I think the guy said one handle cost $39? No way would I have been buying two. The only way I could see that working is if you put it on a gift registry for a baby shower and someone figures why the hell not.

The applesauce woman...oh boy. I get what she was going for, and I don't think she was wrong in all her beliefs/projections/optimism/whatever you want to call it. Everyone else has pointed out the flaws with applesauce in general, and I HATED Lori's prying just to get the tears flowing for a schmaltzy TV scene. This show has always been inconsistent, if not hypocritical, when it comes to people crying - sometimes the sharks think it indicates their passion, and other times, they think the entrepreneur should just get their shit together. I admit to belonging to the latter camp.

• Love 5

Robert's baby looked at him like "Who are you?!"

Surprised how long they let kind of clueless boob towel lady go on and on in negotiations with Laurie without her threatening to pull the offer. 

• Love 3

I was wondering where I had seen the "TaTa Towel" before, but when she said it went viral I guess that's how. I think she was genuine in her commitment to the product and desire to make a deal. Definitely could have used more editing in the segment though. 

On 10/14/2018 at 10:10 PM, cooksdelight said:

I just made three pints of applesauce today, in my crock pot. Probably cost me around $2.

Home cooks probably aren't the target market for premium finished food items. Making your own yogurt isn't hard either but as she said that's a product which sells well. It's a real tough thing she's trying to do but I don't think the product is inherently flawed.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I did not get the appeal or sanity of any of the items offered deals on this episode.

Dogs have fur/hair.  If you are going to bring a pet into your home, but are so concerned about extra hair or shedding, maybe rethink your decision vs. stuffing your naturally fur-bearing dog into a onesie. But there are a lot of people buying this thing, so...

Applesauce lady seems very nice, and if she has a good recipe and knows people who enjoy it as a snack....yay.  But I don’t see fancy, overpriced applesauce making as big a splash as yogurt like she claimed.  Applesauce is yummy and it’s a nice substitute ingredient for baking/cooking, but it doesn’t pack a punch as a go to food.  It has a lot of sugar and no protein.  It is also ridiculously easy (& cheap) to make at home.  And if I choose to, I could add other fruits, or as many herbs and spices as I want to. 

Ta-Ta Towel...I don’t get it, and I am hauling 38D’s in and out of the shower. Not once did I ever want to swaddle them in a terry cloth sling around my neck.  Even once the inventor explained the “problem” she solved, I was stlll confused.  Wouldn’t a regular towel work to dry off sweat?  If it’s super hot or humid, stand in front of a fan! I also get dressed pretty quick after a shower, or I throw on a tee shirt while I do hair/makeup. Plus I just wouldn’t be comfortable walking around with the boob sling and nothing else. 

The baby carrier handle attachment was just not well thought out.  Like someone above mentioned, a lot of carriers have the Z handle to help with hand positioning.  My daughter is 12, but her “baby bucket” had the Z handle. Not many people need to haul the baby around in just the carrier for very long.  Most people pop them into a stroller or grocery cart, so long distance carrying doesn’t seem like a big problem. 

Same. I can't imagine hanging around the house with my boobs in a sling and nothing over it. The pitch got super awkward toward the end after a really great start, but she got a good deal in the end, Lori is the perfect partner for that kind of novelty product. 

As for the dog onesie, I watched the beginning of the pitch where they were talking about dog hair and lint rollers, etc and immediately wondered "why are they only talking about dog hair, what about cats?" Then the dog in a onesie appeared and I went "OH...that's why, makes perfect sense!" Pity the fool who would try that shit with a cat...

I still don't fully understand the product and when it's supposed to be used, it's just for occasional use, right, not to have your dog walking around in it all the time? As a pet owner, hair everywhere is more of an at-home problem, so even I had the kind of pet that might wear one of those, I don't think it would help me. 

I'm torn on the applesauce. I did agree with Mark that the grab-and-go option made more sense, I just don't see a lot of people browsing the net for applesauce jars, but if it was on a grocery store or convenience store shelf, I could see giving it a shot. I don't blame her for not quitting her job, global head of HR (I think?) for a huge company is a paycheck that few could walk away from with a replacement. I realize that they want to see people fully believe in their dream and all, but reality doesn't always work that way. 

And the baby carrier handle pitch just went so far off the rails, it was uncomfortable to watch. $750,000 invested to make like $250,000 in sales over a period of years? Ouch. And yeah, most people aren't walking all that far with a baby carrier to make it a problem. From the house to the car to the shopping cart/stroller is just not that much of an issue.

And if you do end up walking a good distance, it's probably a rare, accidental occurrence, like when you think you're popping into the grocery store for a few things so you just grab a basket instead of a cart and then find yourself lugging an overloaded basket around with a bunch of shit you forgot you needed ( or didn't need but are buying anyway). It happens, but not enough that it would need a solution.  

• Love 3
On 15/10/2018 at 11:56 AM, BusyOctober said:

I couldn't understand the idea of walking around with my ta-tas in a Ta-Ta Towel and nothing else, either. I am hauling around 38DDs, and when I get out of the shower I dry off and don a terry cloth garment that looks like you are wearing a towel wrapped around your body, but has velcro to keep it in place just above the boobs. It is the only thing I ever bought at Target in the short time the stores existed in Canada, and I love it. I wear it until I am ready to get dressed to go out, or change in to sweats type wear if I am staying home. I would feel funny wearing a ta-ta towel even if I was home alone. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

Having a cat who just had surgery, I think they need to focus on making the pet onsies to replace the cone of shame.  We bought 12 month baby onsies to put on the kitty while he healed.  They worked pretty well, but he learned how to get out of them.  Still so much better then making him wear a cone.

I could see using the Ta-Ta towels, I'll have to check the site out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

they make fabric cones in different sizes. Used that on my dog and he could lie down, eat, etc. without having that hard plastic thing around his head.

Interesting, I hadn't seen those and our vet didn't mention them.  Thanks

4 hours ago, lh25 said:

Having a cat who just had surgery, I think they need to focus on making the pet onsies to replace the cone of shame.  We bought 12 month baby onsies to put on the kitty while he healed.  They worked pretty well, but he learned how to get out of them.  Still so much better then making him wear a cone.

I need to see a video of this!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I need to see a video of this

It wasn't hard, since we couldn't snap the bottom part so it was like a tight-fitting T-shirt.  I wish I had video.  Here is a pic.  And yes, those are kitty faces on the onsie.

cj.PNG

• Love 19
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, lh25 said:

Do you mean Ta-Ta towels for yourself or for the cat?

• Love 4

I don't know if the baby carrier handle is really necessary but it would be a vast improvement from the way Robert said carriers should be held.  I tried Robert's way with a friend's 7 month old (weighs only about 15 lbs) and it was extremely uncomfortable.  

You put your dog in a onesie so they don't shed everywhere, but what happens when you take the onesie off - the fur will be flying.  

I would think the Ta-ta Towel would be a pain in the neck - literally

• Love 4
19 hours ago, eel2178 said:

Do you mean Ta-Ta towels for yourself or for the cat?

LOL-I did mean for me, but now I'm wondering how long I could get him to keep one on for more pics!

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, lh25 said:

It wasn't hard, since we couldn't snap the bottom part so it was like a tight-fitting T-shirt.  I wish I had video.  Here is a pic.  And yes, those are kitty faces on the onsie.

cj.PNG

He looks peeved. "You're covering up my beautiful tuxedo with this crap."

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I think he looks like he's thinking, "Yeah, I know I look good, even in this." The fur puffed out like chest hair above the low-cut neckline kills me.

LOL, very Hasselhoff... Adorable!

I would have claw and bites marks from head to toe if I tried that on one of mine!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I think he looks like he's thinking, "Yeah, I know I look good, even in this." The fur puffed out like chest hair above the low-cut neckline kills me.

That's what I loved.  He's macho even in a pink onsie!

• Love 2

I thought the baby carrier accessory was brilliant.  I would've bought one after hauling my kids around in their carriers.  But, then again, I developed tennis elbow with my last one.  Not to mention there is a whole lot of baby crap people buy when they are expecting.  Baby wipe warmers, pacifiers with stuffies attached, three different strollers for different occasions?  (Yep, I had them all, except the wipe warmers).

I see a grab and go for the applesauce but Mott's already has that, If you like applesauce.

I hate when breasts are referred to Ta Tas.  Aggrivates me.

On 10/15/2018 at 1:58 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't see the point of the ta-ta towel, and thought it looked ridiculous. As someone who has rather large breasts for my frame, the only time I have a problem with sweat is playing sports. Certainly when I get out of the shower, my under breast area is not sweating. And if it is hot in my house I have air conditioning on. In addition, I would think that someone who has large breasts and has them hanging in a towel would end up with a sore neck from the weight of the towel being pulled by the gravity of the breasts. Seemed to me to be one of the products that is a solution looking for a problem.

I thought it was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.  And I have big boobs!

• Love 2