Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Nice To Meet You…Again

• Start Topic

On 10/9/2018 at 3:44 PM, Martinigirl said:

She looked awful in that getup.  I can't believe these idiots launched a magazine. 

I can not believe it either.  Other than it's a lark, while pretending to be publishers, and at bottom a tax write off exercise.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

If you don't listen to the podcast "Watch What Crappens" you are missing out.  Ben and Ronnie not only recap the shows, they imitate the casts and they are hilarious.   I mean, super hilarious.  

Here's the one for E12
https://www.acast.com/watchwhatcrappens/-809rhoc-hittingbikinibottom

The good stuff starts around 7 minutes, and there are some parts I heard which WERE hilarious.  Good recommendation!

go here for other episodes
https://www.acast.com/watchwhatcrappens

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Here's the one for E12
https://www.acast.com/watchwhatcrappens/-809rhoc-hittingbikinibottom

The good stuff starts around 7 minutes, and there are some parts I heard which WERE hilarious.  Good recommendation!

go here for other episodes
https://www.acast.com/watchwhatcrappens

I'm glad you liked it!  I love those guys!  Is OC really on episode 12 already? Nothing has happened!

6 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Holy Cow, in that podcast, around 35 minutes when all were over at Shannon's for the pork roast, they pointed out  Gina "has cried less over her children than she has these bikinis."

:D

They are the best. 

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Nah, I think she stole the idea from that sitcom that was on for a hot minute (Splitting Up together).  Why go to therapy when you are the happiest divorcee ever??  I am beginning to think that Gina requires all attn on her at all times.  I don't want to give her any.

Emily is growing on me a tiny bit because she seems nice.  I don't wanna see her kids and I want her to quit yapping about needing one more daughter.  

I understand the part of Shannon that is slow to warm up to the new people.  Last year Peggy was a humorless asshole (she actually makes humorless assholes seem like GD comedians compared to her), Lydia was an asshole who hid behind her Christianity and money, Gina who needs all attn on her yet gets angry when all attn is on her, and not sure where Emily fits in here except that she is new.

I only assume that it may have been a therapist suggestion because in last week's episode when she was speaking to her parents, I could have sworn she told her parents that she and Matt were going to a therapist to discuss the best way to tell the kids about their separation. I assume that if that conversation with a therapist did happen, the discussion of how to help the kids adjust from a day to day perspective would also come up.

• Love 3

Shannon strikes me as someone who has an inner circle. She decides whether you are invited in. In other words, she doesn’t accept people easily which is exhausting. It is clear that Shannon hasn’t worked a real job where she had to welcome and accept new co-workers. Shannon is bossy and not all that likable in the beginning.

Shannon is looking great these days. I want to know everything that she did to lose all that weight. 

I don’t know too much about Gina except that she idealistic when it comes to her divorce. Do they have money? Does she not care about the money because they don’t have any? The timing of her divorce feels like a Kelsey Grammer thing. Hubby waits until Gina has a job so she is distracted and has income on the books. Most women with 3 kids would be all about the money for 3 very good reasons. Gina will be eating her words in no time.

• Love 9
On 10/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, nexxie said:

Shane’s comment about not getting to be six feet tall either showed no empathy for Emily, who really wants her little girl to have a sister - her own sister was close enough to carry THREE babies for them. Emily should dump that little troll and arrange to keep an embryo in the divorce settlement!

I like his no nonsense attitude.  It’s not like they don’t have any kids.  She’s snivelling about wanting another girl because she was so close to her sister.  No guarantees the girls would even like each other.   He gets a say in how many kids they have too.

But she could take her embryos and leave.  I doubt many men would line up for  A woman with three kids and a purse full of embryos he will have pay some other woman to carry.  And she would lose Pari, who I love.  This show needs more Pari.

Shannon looks great with her hair pulled back.  The jeans and cute jackets are so much more flattering than her old frumpwear.  If only she would tone down that screechy one tone blonde and get a flattering cut.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 8

After hearing how Shannon treated her fans and the meet and greet at the quiet woman (I mentioned it on the last episode thread, she was a nasty, snotty b and gina and Emily who were also there confirmed that's how she is the vast majority of the time) I'm definitely off the Shannon train.  Her behavior at that congratulatory dinner was very strange.  It's almost like she goes out of her way to be cold and distant towards anyone who isn't in her little clique.  I agreed with Gina, you should never have to "wait out" someone else to decide they no longer want to be an asshole to you.   Shannon is an asshole.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, ivygirl said:

Aww. I love that we’re seeing the continuation of the Kelly/Jolie volunteering storyline. Jolie seems to be a sweet girl—like she’s matured a bit.

I loved this scene.  Jolie seems like a great girl and Kelly, despite her issues, does seem like a good mom.   It was nice to watch.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

I'm glad you liked it!  I love those guys!  Is OC really on episode 12 already? Nothing has happened!

They are the best. 

They have the screeching and cackling and inflections down great.  Kelly, Shannon, Emily especially.  Not to mention the biting sarcasm, and the inner psychological play!

Will listen to some more.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

They are the best. 

Years ago when Shannon was married to David...they did a "David Off" between Yolanda and Shannon....David David David My King My Love David David David My King My Love. I use 9 lemons in a bowl for good Feng Shui, I half dah leh mun grovs on mah es state.

• Love 8

There should be a rule that you have to actually be some sort of wife for at least the first season to be on this show.  Otherwise just rename it the Real Divorcée Shrew Hags of OC.

i just can’t stand Gina and her horrible makeup and annoying brats.  I also don’t care for Emily anymore, but will keep her for her bitchy ass husband and mother in law.  Plus, she really looks like she could administer a beat down and has a short fuse.  I’d like to see her go off on the Ick. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

They have the screeching and cackling and inflections down great.  Kelly, Shannon, Emily especially.  Not to mention the biting sarcasm, and the inner psychological play!

Will listen to some more.

I love their impressions of Carole, kelly Dodd, Ramona, LVP and Dorinda the most. You can’t help but laugh and it helps that they seem sooooo amused with each other.

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, zenme said:

I was totally going to bring up Bass Lake! Tamra is a hypocrite!

i do feel for Gina and the impending divorce, but I just don't get why the divorce. Marriage is not daily bliss. It's work, so if he's her best friend and they sleep together etc., then she needs to pack up her and  the kids and move in with her husband. They need to live like a family. It's because of this that I don't wanna  hear her whining. 

That's what I don't get.  The distance is the problem in their relationship, right?  Gina doesn't work.  There's nothing tying her to the OC.  She can easily pick the family up and move to LA.  So why doesn't she?  I don't hate her like so many posters here but that really has me scratching my head.  I think her husband wants the divorce and she's putting on an act to save face. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:11 AM, onatrek said:

The thing that gave me the feeling that they've been doing this with some regularity, or at least more than just that first time we saw on camera, was that Jolie seemed super enthusiastic to greet the gal when they arrived (missed her name/title if they gave it).  It felt like some degree of genuine warmth/familiarity that went beyond maybe a few hours on just one previous visit in my mind.

Like you, I hope they're doing it besides on camera, but heck, even if it's on camera, it's still more than we've seen most any of the others take the initiative to do, and Jolie seems genuinely impacted by it and seems to have a real tender heart, which is encouraging that regardless of why/how it started, that it's something that'll probably continue.

I agree with the others who commented on Kelly trying to learn about wherever they travel on the shows. It's rare and actually nice to see her take that initiative.  Surprising to see that wasn't a one off thing on just the first trip, but now we've seen it happen at some point on all of them.

The more I see of Kelly the more I like her.  She actually seems like an intelligent, caring, empathetic woman.  If she could just get her drinking and anger under control she'd probably be a fan favorite.

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:05 AM, SuzWhat said:

I am totally hating Gina now. STFU.  I don’t even understand what Shannon is supposed to do.  When Shannon did try to relate to her, by, you know, sharing her own experiences, she jumped down her throat. I get the feeling Gina is doing the producers work to create drama.  <shallow observation alert > Also, Gina has strange teeth. She looks like she is missing her front teeth sometimes. Emily grossed me out when she was chomping down on her food on the “date”. She was really shoveling it in, I guess to end the protracted one on one time with THE KING OF SARCASM.. 

I used to like Shannon but I've grown to kind of loathe her. She does come across as very snotty and self involved.  When anyone new to the cast is sharing she typically just sits and stares at them and then kind of shares her own experiences but with a judgmental tone.  It's hard to explain.  Once she finally deigns you worthy of thawing out her icy persona and lets you in as a friend, she turns into an emotional vampire, sucking the life out of you (I'm no Tamra fan but she had a point about Shannon being all about Shannon.)  Her constant neurosis just seems like it makes her an exhausting person to be around. You know, if she finds you worthy of actually being around her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

The more I see of Kelly the more I like her.  She actually seems like an intelligent, caring, empathetic woman.  If she could just get her drinking and anger under control she'd probably be a fan favorite.

I like her "ish" but sometimes she is just sooo corny...she was acting like Mae West telling Dad jokes on that Play by Play show and it was just so extra I was rolling my eyes. 

I feel like if I knew her in real life I could handle her in very small doses.

• Love 2

Gina cries throughout this episode.  Yeah, sure, that divorce was totally a mutual decision.

Not that it can be the right, mutual decision and you don't feel sorrowful, but I never believed her that this was a decision they both came to together.  He demanded one, she filed.  

And she wants people to console her, but how dare they not tell her it's going to be anything but a rosey divorce?  She's obnoxious.  I find her hard to look at too.  

On Tams, I'll bet Eddie is happy AF she is out all the time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Same here.

I actually started to fall for her when she had her boob surgery and Shannon brought her flowers.  She made some sort of joke, while under quality pharma, that the last time Michael got her flowers it was on his way from the cemetery.  And her reactions to Peggy were classic.

I do believe the Shannon/Kelly new found friendship is sincere.  I think they both have found common ground and now that they seem to like each other, are shocked at their past behaviors to each other but laugh at it at the same time.  I feel like both of them know that they were under a lot of stress and unhappiness at the time and understand they sort of took it out on each other instead of their spouses.  

• Love 7
On 10/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, Kiki777 said:

Can they please stop tacking the Jerry O'Connell suck fest onto our show?  Is that a cheat to improve ratings somehow?  How did this guy land himself a supermodel?  I don't get it.

OMG, right?  That show is so ridiculously horrible I have second hand embarrassment for them.  Isn't it enough that WWHL is essentially a show where celebrities are interviewed about their favorite Bravoleberities?

• Love 7
On 10/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, MajorNelson said:

Have no idea, but here is her firm and bio

http://archive.is/3Lt14

Contact (for firm)

http://archive.is/pX6kZ

About

https://archive.is/EQxP2

I looked at the first link as soon as I found out Emily claimed to be a lawyer, and it is such bullshit.  We lawyers tend not to wear booby shirts when we post our pictures on our professional websites. We tend to favor business suits for our bios, and standard is a picture that encompasses the head and top of shoulders. I don't think I can unsee her freckled chest! Why should any client need to know the state of their attorney's (male or female) chest? I'm kind of throwing up in my mouth thinking about it. 

Also, let's look at the language that comprises her bio: "Emily Simpson is an associate in our Copyright Division. She is responsible for advocating for and protecting clients' intellectual property rights in copyright matters and other legal proceedings."

I think at least 65% of the people who post on this site are capable of writing something better than that! It is so redundant. Let's unpack what it tells us...that she's a copyright lawyer...who works on copyright matters? Well, I'll be damned. But let's not fret, fellow readers, because she is also involved in other legal proceedings. Oh, thank God, because that is so descriptive and impressive that I feel like putting her on retainer right now, just in case I should have business interests arise in California and I need legal representation. Gee, if I didn't take her seriously before, I certainly take her seriously now. Although I think I missed the part of her bio that stated that she brushes and flosses every morning. 

She is a clown. Not an attorney in any meaningful sense of the phrase. She makes the rest of us female attorneys look better in comparison, though, I'll say that.

I will give credit where where it's due. If she's a member of the bar of two states, great. But nothing on that website indicates to me that she is currently practicing law. If you googled my name, you would find my head shot and a legal bio from a firm for which I haven't worked in over six years. What we really need is a Meghan PI to call the firm, book a consultation with Emily Simpson, meet her at the appointed time in the office listed on her contact info, and get sound legal advice on copyright law, which is a very...intense and nuanced type of law to practice. If she can accomplish that, I would issue an apology to this entire website, and eat my hat, to boot. Because hell will freeze over before it happens. JMO.

• Love 14

I thought you had to have an undergrad degree in an area specific to patent law, something like biology, engineering or the like.  For example, I have an undergrad in English, and I don't think I am eligible to be a member of the patent bar.  Although nothing in her bio suggests she is a member of the patent bar, but how do you practice intellectual property and not become a member?  Also, not a professional lawyer headshot. 

• Love 4

Emily's lawyering and Vicki's insurancing always made me wonder if that drove people away or draw people in based on their behavior...I for one would find a different professional in those fields should I need them. 

I have always wondered how RHOC helping them in their business endeavors and that is my question for all of the HW's from all of the shows.  All I see are women screaming at each other, talking about sex like 12 year old girls and drinking way too much. 

But still I watch everyone of these train wreck shows. 

• Love 8
On 10/11/2018 at 6:24 AM, Showthyme said:

Shannon strikes me as someone who has an inner circle. She decides whether you are invited in. In other words, she doesn’t accept people easily which is exhausting. It is clear that Shannon hasn’t worked a real job where she had to welcome and accept new co-workers. Shannon is bossy and not all that likable in the beginning.

Shannon is looking great these days. I want to know everything that she did to lose all that weight. 

I don’t know too much about Gina except that she idealistic when it comes to her divorce. Do they have money? Does she not care about the money because they don’t have any? The timing of her divorce feels like a Kelsey Grammer thing. Hubby waits until Gina has a job so she is distracted and has income on the books. Most women with 3 kids would be all about the money for 3 very good reasons. Gina will be eating her words in no time.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.  It's an inner circle for a reason.  I haven't seen her as rude to the new girls just more reserved.  I think she has treated the newbies as new coworkers rather than her new best friends.  I am certainly welcoming to new coworkers but learned that its best to see if they CAN be welcomed into the inner circle or will stay on the periphery.  Sometimes your new coworkers are crazy AF and it takes awhile for crazy/entitled/bitchy/whathaveyou to come out.  Learned the really hard way. 

I think Shannon looks great as well.  Not like she is made of Barbie plastic like Tamra.  She looks really hard these days.  

**Worked with a crazy fucker who I liked a lot until she turned like a rabid dog only to find out she was talking major shit about me, my other coworkers, making up stories about all of us that she turned over to HR.  Luckily HR knows who she is, what she does, and how many other depts she has worked for only to threaten to sue them later.  I tend to keep people on the periphery now until I know ya better. 

On 10/11/2018 at 7:03 AM, Mu Shu said:

I like his no nonsense attitude.  It’s not like they don’t have any kids.  She’s snivelling about wanting another girl because she was so close to her sister.  No guarantees the girls would even like each other.   He gets a say in how many kids they have too.

But she could take her embryos and leave.  I doubt many men would line up for  A woman with three kids and a purse full of embryos he will have pay some other woman to carry.  And she would lose Pari, who I love.  This show needs more Pari.

Shannon looks great with her hair pulled back.  The jeans and cute jackets are so much more flattering than her old frumpwear.  If only she would tone down that screechy one tone blonde and get a flattering cut.  

She does need several inches cut off into a more flattering do.  Do not even get me started on Tamra's hair.  AWFUL!  The whole kit and kaboodle.

• Love 13
On 10/10/2018 at 5:45 PM, Natalie68 said:

I understand the part of Shannon that is slow to warm up to the new people.  Last year Peggy was a humorless asshole (she actually makes humorless assholes seem like GD comedians compared to her), Lydia was an asshole who hid behind her Christianity and money, Gina who needs all attn on her yet gets angry when all attn is on her, and not sure where Emily fits in here except that she is new.

I agree and add that Meghan was kind of Miss Know It All and Vapid combined. And the age difference does make a difference. Why are they so pressed?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I looked at the first link as soon as I found out Emily claimed to be a lawyer, and it is such bullshit.  We lawyers tend not to wear booby shirts when we post our pictures on our professional websites. We tend to favor business suits for our bios, and standard is a picture that encompasses the head and top of shoulders. I don't think I can unsee her freckled chest! Why should any client need to know the state of their attorney's (male or female) chest? I'm kind of throwing up in my mouth thinking about it. 

Also, let's look at the language that comprises her bio: "Emily Simpson is an associate in our Copyright Division. She is responsible for advocating for and protecting clients' intellectual property rights in copyright matters and other legal proceedings."

(snip)

If she can accomplish that, I would issue an apology to this entire website, and eat my hat, to boot. Because hell will freeze over before it happens. JMO.

Good post.  I am also concerned their "Flag ship" offices are on Brookhollow.  In any case, for IP law, there are world-class firms closer to the airport.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Emily's lawyering and Vicki's insurancing always made me wonder if that drove people away or draw people in based on their behavior...I for one would find a different professional in those fields should I need them. 

I have always wondered how RHOC helping them in their business endeavors and that is my question for all of the HW's from all of the shows.  All I see are women screaming at each other, talking about sex like 12 year old girls and drinking way too much. 

But still I watch everyone of these train wreck shows. 

Coto Insurance might be paying Vickie to stay away.  Just a thought!  :)

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, Misslindsey said:

I will be at my lonely table for one for not minding either Gina or Emily. I guess I prefer them to Tamra/Vicki/Shannon's storylines. 

I also, have the unpopular opinion of not liking Shannon. I used to be indifferent to her when she first appeared on the scene, but started disliking her more and more as seasons went on. The only time I actually liked Shannon was when she did not like Vicki. 

You can sit with me, I feel exactly the same way.  I really don't get all the crazy Gina hate, either.  I mean, when you've got Vicki and Tamra to hate on, Gina seems pretty inconsequential.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, ButterQueen said:

Not to mention, the last time they tried to support and advise her, she blew up.  I wouldn’t comfort her either.  I hope she’s one and done.

Ehhhh....it seemed less "advise and support" and more "attack and question" to me.   I thought Gina handled herself remarkably well considering she had four women coming at her from all directions attacking her choice.   I can't imagine how any of the other ladies would've reacted had they been in Gina's position.  I mean telling someone they don't have a moral compass isn't exactly being supportive, you know?

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5
On 10/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, Mr. Minor said:

But they got to wear their Cut Fitness shit for everyone to see.

Emily always saying "when are we going to see the fun Shannon" would get old real fast.

I  Havent seen Emily as a “Ball of Fire “ yet.  Has anyone?    She is the Queen of poop tho.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.  It's an inner circle for a reason.  I haven't seen her as rude to the new girls just more reserved.  I think she has treated the newbies as new coworkers rather than her new best friends.  I am certainly welcoming to new coworkers but learned that its best to see if they CAN be welcomed into the inner circle or will stay on the periphery.  Sometimes your new coworkers are crazy AF and it takes awhile for crazy/entitled/bitchy/whathaveyou to come out.  Learned the really hard way. 

I think Shannon looks great as well.  Not like she is made of Barbie plastic like Tamra.  She looks really hard these days.  

**Worked with a crazy fucker who I liked a lot until she turned like a rabid dog only to find out she was talking major shit about me, my other coworkers, making up stories about all of us that she turned over to HR.  Luckily HR knows who she is, what she does, and how many other depts she has worked for only to threaten to sue them later.  I tend to keep people on the periphery now until I know ya better. 

She does need several inches cut off into a more flattering do.  Do not even get me started on Tamra's hair.  AWFUL!  The whole kit and kaboodle.

I too have the crazy co-worker in fact she’s in the midst of turning the office into a bloody battleground at the moment. I sit in my office and mind my own business. You learn to recognize the crazy after awhile. 

I don’t blame shannon for being a little reserved right now, I’ve seen her trying to interact with Ms. Long Island and been shut down so she’s taken a back seat to see how it all shakes out. If she’s a one and done then why waste the effort if she returns next year then it’s a wait and see situation.

after Shannon’s first and second season when she supported Vicki after just having met her and then being treated the way vicki did her I don’t blame her one bit for sitting back and seeing what happens.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

You can sit with me, I feel exactly the same way.  I really don't get all the crazy Gina hate, either.  I mean, when you've got Vicki and Tamra to hate on, Gina seems pretty inconsequential.

If there are 7 circles of hell, there are 70 circles of housewives hatred.  I should know this, 'cause I've hated them all.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

I don't hate her she just brings nothing to the table but rabid kids and squaks every episode about how different California people are oh and yet another first season housewife divorce.

Sorry not interesting.

• Love 4
On 10/8/2018 at 7:24 PM, dosodog said:

What is the point of latex gloves when you touch your hair?  Jolie!

I know!  Although I do often wonder what the point of latex gloves is because things like that happen all the time.  I can see keeping open wound ooze on somebody's hand from getting on food, but otherwise, I'm not sure they do that much.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:30 PM, Martinigirl said:

Kelly is a great Mom

I don't know...I think Jolie would be better served by having a mother who's not the meanest out-of-control drunk in the OC than dropping in at a soup kitchen every once in a while.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:06 PM, Reality police said:

Why does Emily keep her Reddi Wip in the fruit basket on the counter?

I wondered something similar the time I saw two women sitting in a car at Great Smoky Mountains National Park, with a can of Reddi Wip in the cup holder on the dashboard.  I guess some people want to keep it within reach at all times.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I do believe the Shannon/Kelly new found friendship is sincere.  I think they both have found common ground and now that they seem to like each other, are shocked at their past behaviors to each other but laugh at it at the same time.  I feel like both of them know that they were under a lot of stress and unhappiness at the time and understand they sort of took it out on each other instead of their spouses.  

I think both being newly divorced (or in process) and both being in Corona del Mar, they have some commonalities.  Over in the 9/27 podcast Kelly made an eloquent point.  Kelly is happy being single and having her freedom to set her own schedule, while she thought Shannon was more of a relationship person, and so was out of sorts since she wasn't IN a relationship.  Crazily enough, Kelly knew that Matteson guy (Shannon's bf for a awhile) for years before this.  Small World

podcast, see 9/27, Kelly begins 26:30.  Section on Shannon 36:45.
http://www.bravotv.com/podcasts/the-daily-dish?cid=soc_tw_talent_Kelly

• Love 2

Major Nelson said:

I heard Kelly on the 9/27 podcast here and she has a LOT of EQ.  She begins at 26:30 - to about 48min.
http://www.bravotv.com/podcasts/the-daily-dish?cid=soc_tw_talent_Kelly [/quote]

7 hours ago, lezlers said:

EQ?

Emotional Quotient...so like IQ but involving feelings, and....really...having a people sense.

(sorry for the messed up format/quote

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

Ehhhh....it seemed less "advise and support" and more "attack and question" to me.   I thought Gina handled herself remarkably well considering she had four women coming at her from all directions attacking her choice.   I can't imagine how any of the other ladies would've reacted had they been in Gina's position.  I mean telling someone they don't have a moral compass isn't exactly being supportive, you know?

I thought of her best reply:

"Everyone here has been divorced at least once.  So don't talk about my compass, particularly you Christian ladies who must have IGNORED your so-called compass!"

• Love 3
On 10/9/2018 at 6:47 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Emily seems like a nightmare of a wife to me. Her oldest kid is around 6. She had 5/6 miscarriages before they even went the surrogate route. IIRC that also included twin boys that she miscarried several months along. So as a couple they have been dealing with infertility issues and pregnancies for likely a decade. Her daughter is 6 ish, so even if Emily was to find someone else to carry another kid, that is a big age difference between first and second daughter, Unlikely they would be close until they were both adults, if even then. (ie by the time 2nd daughter goes to school, 1st is a teenager; by the time 2nd daughter is a teenager 1st is off to university). 

In any case I have no patience for women who do not appreciate the children they have, and obsess about what they don't have. It also sends a message to the kids she does have that they are not enough. I hope this is a story line for the cameras, otherwise Emily might find herself in Gina's shoes next season. A marriage and family can only take so much emotional upheaval, and she seems to want to continue the roller coaster her family has been on for quite a while. I doubt it has anything to do with money, but rather Emily's seemingly unhealthy (IMO) obsession. 

I think this is just a storyline or this baby talk is keeping Shane from leaving her.  If she had another girl, who says they would be close?  A lot of sisters don’t even get along.  She is obsessed and sounds like she needs councelling.  Kids all over the place, andshe wants another one?  She must have nannies and a lot of help.  I’m afraid the mother in law fears for Shane’s sanity.  That’s another thing.  Emily keeps dropping the kids off at his mothers.  That woman looks like she’s about to keel over herself.  It’s hard to keep on eye on kids at that age.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, lezlers said:

I used to like Shannon but I've grown to kind of loathe her. She does come across as very snotty and self involved.  When anyone new to the cast is sharing she typically just sits and stares at them and then kind of shares her own experiences but with a judgmental tone.  It's hard to explain.  Once she finally deigns you worthy of thawing out her icy persona and lets you in as a friend, she turns into an emotional vampire, sucking the life out of you (I'm no Tamra fan but she had a point about Shannon being all about Shannon.)  Her constant neurosis just seems like it makes her an exhausting person to be around. You know, if she finds you worthy of actually being around her.

Hmmm, maybe David felt the same way?     Like he said one time when they were talking about their problems, he said “I just want to live the rest of my life being happy and having fun”.    Not that I’m sticking up for him, but he did have a point there.  He wanted a different life with a different woman, have plenty of great sex, go crazy, have more fun, forget about crystals, healthy food, and a woman who made him wild.  Just sayin.  He’s not the first man that cheated and won’t be the last to cheat and leave the house.  Unfortunately.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, lezlers said:

EQ?

11 hours ago, Giselle said:

EQ = emotional intelligence.

I had to Google it.

Thanks.   I didn't know what it was either.

I wish  people would go back to using words.  ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I heard Kelly on the 9/27 podcast here and she has a LOT of EQ.

Emotional Quotient...so like IQ but involving feelings, and....really...having a people sense.

I don't listen to podcasts, but I see nothing in Kelly that even hints of EQ.  Or does it all completely fly out the window when she's drunk?  But if she does have high EQ and has seen on TV how she acts when she's drunk, wouldn't she think, "I'm unable to regulate my feelings and actions when I'm drunk and treat people real shitty; I shouldn't do that"?  Because doesn't EQ have a big element of self-awareness, never mind concern for the feelings of others?

• Love 2

Can someone clarify for me Emily's child birth situation? Last week she talked about almost dying when gave birth, but then this week she says her sister had all of her babies. I know she's talked about also having a few miscarriages. It just sounded like last week she almost died and I assumed it was for one of the kids, because her mother in law was trying to talk her out of having another one, for fear of her health. Maybe the baby died. That's incredibly sad if the case, and she and Shane having nothing by my sympathy.

Anyway, I hope it's not too upsetting to anyone that I'm bringing this up. The pain of both miscarriage and infertility is searing and real.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Hmmm, maybe David felt the same way?     Like he said one time when they were talking about their problems, he said “I just want to live the rest of my life being happy and having fun”.    Not that I’m sticking up for him, but he did have a point there.  He wanted a different life with a different woman, have plenty of great sex, go crazy, have more fun, forget about crystals, healthy food, and a woman who made him wild.  Just sayin.  He’s not the first man that cheated and won’t be the last to cheat and leave the house.  Unfortunately.

Yeah, David is a dick but I don't blame him for leaving Shannon.  She really isn't a great advertisement for a holistic approach to life, either.  With all of her supplements, treatments, crystals and fung shui, she still comes across as a miserable person the vast majority of the time.

1 hour ago, candle96 said:

Can someone clarify for me Emily's child birth situation? Last week she talked about almost dying when gave birth, but then this week she says her sister had all of her babies. I know she's talked about also having a few miscarriages. It just sounded like last week she almost died and I assumed it was for one of the kids, because her mother in law was trying to talk her out of having another one, for fear of her health. Maybe the baby died. That's incredibly sad if the case, and she and Shane having nothing by my sympathy.

Anyway, I hope it's not too upsetting to anyone that I'm bringing this up. The pain of both miscarriage and infertility is searing and real.

She tried IVF a few times and the furthest she was able to go carrying her own babies was 4 months, I think.  When she lost the babies that far along, she almost died.   She explained it all in detail on the last episode.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

Not to mention that Emily's daughter already has sisters...two half-sisters that appear to have mucho affection for her on Instagram. So this is not Emily wanting her daughter to have a sister--this is Emily wanting her daughter to have a sister that came from Emily. What a bitch. And if she's a 'practicing attorney' in the sense that most people understand that phrase, then I am the Queen of Sheba. Where are her offices located out of which she does 9-5 work, for starters? She's full of shit. I actually like Shane better than I like her. 

Gina and Emily filmed a scene in Emily's office...

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Cranky One said:

Emily's recent lip injections were scaring the crap out of me when she was making the smoothie. However, I don't mind her.  She seems to be the most mature of the bunch.

I could have sworn Gina asked Shannon if Archie was a Doberman. And then when Shannon said he was a Golden Retriever, Gina said had one growing up. You'd think she'd know what kind of dawg he was then.

LOL.  She asked if he was a lab or a retriever.  There are many mixes.  This is why I watched with closed captioning on.  :D

6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

ignore above sorry.  Can't get rid of some things in quote brackets

to Linbertarianslut's comments

I had missed this post, but what a great point.  i think i read where they have 5 kids, so 2 from Shane and previous wife.  And if as you say, having close half-sisters, what IS HER HANGUUP???

And to the point below

@lezlers pointed out....

ON 10/9/2018 AT 11:13 AM, LIBERTARIANSLUT SAID:

Not to mention that Emily's daughter already has sisters...two half-sisters that appear to have mucho affection for her on Instagram. So this is not Emily wanting her daughter to have a sister--this is Emily wanting her daughter to have a sister that came from Emily. What a bitch. And if she's a 'practicing attorney' in the sense that most people understand that phrase, then I am the Queen of Sheba. Where are her offices located out of which she does 9-5 work, for starters? She's full of shit. I actually like Shane better than I like her. 

I had missed this post, but what a great point.  i think i read where they have 5 kids, so 2 from Shane and previous wife.  And if as you say, having close half-sisters, what IS HER HANGUUP???

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't listen to podcasts, but I see nothing in Kelly that even hints of EQ.  Or does it all completely fly out the window when she's drunk?  But if she does have high EQ and has seen on TV how she acts when she's drunk, wouldn't she think, "I'm unable to regulate my feelings and actions when I'm drunk and treat people real shitty; I shouldn't do that"?  Because doesn't EQ have a big element of self-awareness, never mind concern for the feelings of others?

It was hard to believe, that Kelly has good interpersonal understanding, that's why i pointed it out.  I think, as she said after the Shane incident, she goes off the handle when she feels  she is attacked.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Yeah, David is a dick but I don't blame him for leaving Shannon.  She really isn't a great advertisement for a holistic approach to life, either.  With all of her supplements, treatments, crystals and fung shui, she still comes across as a miserable person the vast majority of the time.

Yeah, right.  We only know what we see.  That goes for any marriage.  Shannon is a sweetie pie and a good Mother, but who knows how she was with David.  Maybe there was no fun, sex or laughter.  We could say the same about Kelly.  He was a nice guy.  Why isn’t everyone crucifying her?  He was heartbroken too, but no one is calling her out.   You are right about all of Shannon’s holistic things.  Looks like she was extreme.  I remember when they went away overnight and she was drinking booze out of the bottle to get bombed so she could have sex with him.  What the hell was that all about.  Like it was a chore and I’m sure he knew it.  He wants a fun gal, even if it’s just for awhile, not one who goes to Dr, Moon for every little thing.  Like my Mother used to say “it takes two to tango”, and “there are two sides to every story.  People don’t leave for no good reason.  I’d love to hear his side, but unfortunately guys don’t talk dammit.

• Love 2