Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, j5cochran said:
38 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I guess I was on the writers wavelength 5/5 with 2*.

I hereby pass along the Crown to the Smartypants of Week 23!

I suspect @biakbiak is not on the writers' wavelengths, he/she IS one of the writers. *cough*

• LOL 1
30 minutes ago, Abstract said:

3/5 this week including the two TS.

@Abstract, I don't have any previous scores for you but I will start you with Week 23 so you can play along with everyone else. If you have the energy to go back and report Weeks 1-22, I'll record those and you'll be up to date and prize eligible -- I'm fine with that. Meanwhile, welcome to The Game!

Week 23 - 0/5, no *

Season to date - 55/115, 6*

Guess I'm sitting in the Dunce Cap corner for  the week.  On the plus side, I made baked doughnuts yesterday, and they were so good!  I'll toss a virtual one your way if you like doughnuts, Saber! The ones I made don't have sprinkles, though.  image.thumb.png.b32d9c63102a840a37d46cd3ffd76c91.png

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Guess I'm sitting in the Dunce Cap corner for  the week.  On the plus side, I made baked doughnuts yesterday, and they were so good!  I'll toss a virtual one your way if you like doughnuts, Saber! The ones I made don't have sprinkles, though.  

You are maybe in the Dunce Cap Corner this week, but you have a long way to (not) go to beat my low score. Unlike golf, being the leader in the low score is not a good look in this contest. However, I DO LOVE ME SOME DOUGHNUTS and I never get them. So yours are a special treat @zoey1996. Thank you so much for thinking of me. (I'm not a sprinkles fan so all is good.) YUM!

Because All Stars starts today, there is no FJ today, Wednesday, Feb. 20. There will be tomorrow. We will still play the contest Monday through Friday, even if there are only three FJs (more or less) per week. Good luck to anyone who entered a fantasy team!

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Because All Stars starts today, there is no FJ today, Wednesday, Feb. 20. There will be tomorrow. We will still play the contest Monday through Friday, even if there are only three FJs (more or less) per week. Good luck to anyone who entered a fantasy team!

I guess I should have read this thread first (posted the "what about the contest" in the main thread). So this week, we'll probably be posting X/3 (instead of X/5) for our scores. Thanks.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, illdoc said:

So this week, we'll probably be posting X/3 (instead of X/5) for our scores

Yes to this. I keep score by weeks so it really doesn't matter how many FJs are in any given week. Hey, if I get 2/2 this week, I'll rock! (As if, based on my past performance.)

• LOL 1

Thanks to Saber5050’s visual aid in the All-Stars thread, we now know that this week will have 4 FJs, as will next week, and the week after that will have 5.  I propose:

We use 4/4 for this week and next, and back to 5/5 for the week after.  What do you all think?

The alternate would be 2/2 this week, skip next week, and 3/3 for the following week.  I’m happy either way.

Edited by zoey1996

If there is only one FJ per week, then there's only 1/1 for that week. Doesn't matter how many FJs in any given week, we take what the show gives us. Five per week is not written in stone.

It doesn't matter who is playing, we don't care. We only care if there is a FJ that day. If there is, we count it. If there isn't, we wait until the next day when there (hopefully) is. We won't skip any FJs for any reason.

Play on, gamesters!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

If there is only one FJ per week, then there's only 1/1 for that week. Doesn't matter how many FJs in any given week, we take what the show gives us. Five per week is not written in stone.

It doesn't matter who is playing, we don't care. We only care if there is a FJ that day. If there is, we count it. If there isn't, we wait until the next day when there (hopefully) is. We won't skip any FJs for any reason.

Play on, gamesters!

Works for me - thanks!

• Love 1

WEEK 24 — ONE asterisk  
 * 116. British Authors. Born in 1866, he has been called “The Shakespeare of Science Fiction.”   *
117. Broadway Musicals. The title of this musical that opened in 1956 came from the last line of a nursery rhyme about a structure that spanned the Thames.
118. African Geography. The 7-letter names of these western- & easternmost mainland countries begin with the same letter.
119. Women In U.S. History. In 1901 this activist was jailed for inspiring the assassination of William McKinley, but the charge was later dropped.

1 hour ago, opus said:

I decided to stop tracking my season total and just post the weekly number. Is that okay?

That's perfectly fine @opus. I do totals for everyone every five weeks, then I totaled all after 100 FJs. When someone posts their total totals (heh), i make sure that score is the same as the score I have. So far, we've matched up. We are getting close to triple-digit scores. Well, you guys are; I am not.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

That's perfectly fine @opus. I do totals for everyone every five weeks, then I totaled all after 100 FJs. When someone posts their total totals (heh), i make sure that score is the same as the score I have. So far, we've matched up. We are getting close to triple-digit scores. Well, you guys are; I am not.

Ok, cool.

(I stopped with the season totals mostly out of embarrassment 🙂  )

• LOL 4
25 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

We are getting close to triple-digit scores. Well, you guys are; I am not.

You can be glad you are running the contest and can choose the categories for prizes.  If there is a "most inconsistent" category I might be in the running. :-)

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I do totals for everyone every five weeks, then I totaled all after 100 FJs. When someone posts their total totals (heh), i make sure that score is the same as the score I have. So far, we've matched up.

I was wondering. How many people are in this contest?

It must be a lot of work for you.

It's appreciated 🏆

Edit-That's supposed to be a trophy, but kinda looks like a golden space alien.

Edited by opus
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Driad said:

If there is a "most inconsistent" category I might be in the running.

I was going to do two "potluck draws" for additional prizes, but that's a pretty good idea, @Driad!

15 minutes ago, opus said:

I was wondering. How many people are in this contest? 

There are 21 players who post scores every week. Eleven others started but dropped out after only a few weeks. None of those 11 made it past Week 7. I'm counting on the 21 to tough it out until the bitter end.

18 minutes ago, opus said:

It must be a lot of work for you.

It gives my life purpose and makes me feel vaguely important. Truth! The hard part is adding scores, I'm terrible at math, especially when I don't put on my glasses. So far so good though, I quadruple-check everything so I don't make a mistake.

20 minutes ago, opus said:

That's supposed to be a trophy, but kinda looks like a golden space alien.

Space aliens are just as welcome as trophies. Thanks!

• Love 3