Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Trey said:

3/5 Don't know nothin' about the Supreme Court and I was absolutely positive last night's FJ was Stephen King - wrong.

JK Rowling was an instaget, but if I'd waffled at all, it would have been Stephen King - it's a good guess.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

JK Rowling was an instaget, but if I'd waffled at all, it would have been Stephen King - it's a good guess.

Same here. I wonder what King's worth is. Although Rowling I am sure gets $ from all the theme park stuff which would really put her up on the list. Good on her for donating to charities.

• Love 3

My mind immediately went to Stephen King because I was sure it would be a male since the category was not Women Authors. But I knew that was wrong because I recall it being big news when JK Rowling went from billionaire to "only" mulit-multixxxxx millionaire thanks to her charitable contributions. It would have really been a no-brainer if the category had been Woman Authors with this clue :-p

• Love 2

It would have really been a no-brainer if the category had been Woman Authors with this clue

Maybe that's why they went with just 'Authors'. I was hoping it was because they were reading this forum and saw all our criticisms, but maybe it's merely because it would have been too easy for FJ. Perhaps one day the writers will realize that it's fine to refer to JK Rowling as just an author, 'woman author' isn't necessary.

• Love 4

Week 16: 3/5  Sorry to be late again. I don't have access to this forum unless I'm at work. I'll be on time next week (although my score so far is bleak).

I watched Jeopardy Monday at a New Year's Eve party. I told my friends about the contest so they wouldn't shout out the answer to FJ and they all wondered how we could be sure that people were accurately reporting their scores. I told them that I trust the honor of the people in this forum and I do. Jeopardy fans don't cheat! 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I watched Jeopardy Monday at a New Year's Eve party. I told my friends about the contest so they wouldn't shout out the answer to FJ and they all wondered how we could be sure that people were accurately reporting their scores. I told them that I trust the honor of the people in this forum and I do. Jeopardy fans don't cheat! 

Good for you! (in a non-sarcastic, non-Trebekian way). If we can't trust each other, who can we trust?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

If I'm cheating I must be really bad at it, since I'm putting down 1/5 many weeks.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Sorry to be late again.

No problem, plus you are not late. People (some people!) have real lives so late and even later reports are recorded. It's all the same to me as long as totals are reported so people stay in the contest. So, no worries @Good Queen Jane.

6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

If we can't trust each other, who can we trust?

It's my feeling is that if someone feels inclined to cheat at this goofy little contest, then let them. Karma will bite them in the butt later on. (Karma literally killed one person I knew personally as a liar and cheat.)

Nice total on your Jeopardy board, @opus. That's an excellent amount going into FJ. And I know you didn't cheat to achieve it!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Nice total on your Jeopardy board, @opus. That's an excellent amount going into FJ. And I know you didn't cheat to achieve it!

Now if only the FJ category can be SEINFELD I'll be golden

untitled.png

Man, these weeks are FLYING by.

WEEK 17 — ONE asterisk
81. 21st Century Oscars. Before she was 25, she became the youngest performer to receive a second Best Actress nomination.
* 82. U.S. Navy Ships. “Peace Through Strength” is the motto of the U.S. aircraft carrier named for this man who professed the same policy.  *
83. British Memoirs. Before his death in 1996, this famous son wrote the memoirs “The Enchanted Places” & “The Hollow on the Hill.”
84. 1940s History. Air Force pilot Gail Halvorsen earned the nickname “Candy Bomber” for his actions during this 1948-49 event.
85. Transportation. Carretera Transistmica, aka the Boyd-Roosevelt Highway, runs parallel to this waterway.

Getting caught up.

Week 16 - 2/5, no *

Season to date - 43/80, 4*

Week 17 - 2/5, 1*

Season to date - 45/85, 5*

Had a great time with family, but glad to be back.  I missed my dogs, and all of you too!

• Love 1