Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Week 20: 3/5 (0 asterisk)   Overall: 62/100 (6 asterisk).  Wondering....since it's week 20 & overall is, therefore, out of 100 (so the math is easy), how is everyone doing so far? I'm at 62%. I've had good weeks (although only one 5/5) and bad weeks (nothing below a 2/5 though), but overall I tend to hover in the 62-66 range. Anyone else care to share?

• Love 1

WEEK 20 — ONE asterisk  
 * 96. Broadway Musicals. Premiering in 2005, its story is divided into spring, summer, fall, & winter, each narrated by one of the 4 male leads.  *
97. Comic Strip Title Characters. These 2 were named for a European “theologian who believed in predestination” & a “philosopher with a dim view of human nature.”
98. 20th Century Literature. The writing of this novel, the author’s first with no Canadian setting, appropriately began in 1984.
99. U.K. Prime Ministers. He was the first U.K. Prime Minister born after Elizabeth II became queen.
100. Law Enforcement History. This U.S. group was formed to protect settlers in an area that had recently gained independence from Spain.

4 hours ago, illdoc said:

Wondering....since it's week 20 & overall is, therefore, out of 100 (so the math is easy), how is everyone doing so far? I'm at 62%. I've had good weeks (although only one 5/5) and bad weeks (nothing below a 2/5 though), but overall I tend to hover in the 62-66 range. Anyone else care to share?

I would guess I'm at the bottom. I don't have my count in front of me but I'm probably well under 40%.

5 hours ago, illdoc said:

Week 20: 3/5 (0 asterisk)   Overall: 62/100 (6 asterisk).  Wondering....since it's week 20 & overall is, therefore, out of 100 (so the math is easy), how is everyone doing so far? I'm at 62%. I've had good weeks (although only one 5/5) and bad weeks (nothing below a 2/5 though), but overall I tend to hover in the 62-66 range. Anyone else care to share?

Very interesting... (with my best Arte Johnson imitation - oh, you're probably too young to remember that! ;-)

Overall - 68/100 with 9 asterisks.  Only two perfect weeks, but at least I never had a total wipeout or a single correct answer week!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Week 19 was also 2/5.  I could have sworn I posted!

You are caught up now. Perhaps you were still on the Antarctic clock for a few days? (I'd like to borrow that excuse if you don't mind.)

5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

You are caught up now. Perhaps you were still on the Antarctic clock for a few days? (I'd like to borrow that excuse if you don't mind.)

I think both of us can use it, no problem!  I might be wearing it out, though...

• Love 1

Not bad, 3/5 this week. Tuesday was such an instaget, I knew it before Alex was done reading the clue. Made me feel kind of smart, until after the music was done and he said how he'd never seen three people write so quickly! Oh well...

• Love 2
20 hours ago, opus said:

Week 1/5

Season 44/100

My goal for the season was 50%, but I see it drifting away. Unless they start hitting me with weeks of categories like Sports, Television, Comics, Rock Music, and Valerie Bertinelli, I'm probably screwed.

• Love 7

I haven't calculated my score percentage but I don't think it's all that good.

I am hoping for 1960's rock and roll, Agatha Christie novels and famous women aviators of the 1930's.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I'm Baaaack!

So, on average, I'm average.

Actually, you are above average. Take that!

Hope you had a good time in Detroit. (Somehow, that's so odd to type, a "good time in Detroit.") I looked for you in the audience as I watched the skating on tv. Did you see me waving to you?

Of course I did, @saber5055, didn't you see me wave back? Actually, I go to these competitions with a number of other skating fans and we always have seats in the first three rows. We wear turquoise scarves so people can find us on TV. I was the gray haired old lady on the aisle of the third row. And I was impressed by how downtown Detroit has improved since the last time I was there. It has lots of great restaurants and the Motown Museum is fantastic. The skating was great too, so I did have a good time, at least until I got stuck in the Detroit airport for five hours on Monday.

I did see Manta/Johnson's Sweet Dreams free skate, @Sharpie66. They repeated it at the Skating Spectacular (the only performance not done by a medal winner), so I hope NBC will show it when they broadcast the Spectacular on February 16. It was very well received.

• Love 2

WEEK 21 — NO asterisk  
101. 19th Century Literature. Ambrose Bierce, a Civil War veteran, said of this 1895 book, the author “knows nothing of war, yet he is drenched in blood.”
102. 20th Century Disasters. On the radio in 1937 this 3-word exclamation came after “The smoke and the flames now…not quite to the mooring mast.”
103. Women Writers. One of her circle described her as “a lacy sleeve with a bottle of vitriol concealed in its folds.”
104. Female Singers. In the 1990s this New York native had 8 of her first 10 Billboard Top 40 hits reach No. 1.
105. The Solar System. For awhile in the 1840s, the French wanted to name this new discovery “Le Verrier” & the British wanted “Oceanus.”