Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

It's that time again gang. We've been at this for one-half year. Yikes!

WEEK 27 — NO asterisk  
129. Playwrights. Before his death in 2018 at age 91, he received 4 Tony awards, a Pulitzer prize & was nominated for 4 Oscars.
130. 20th Century History. Constructed in the 1930s, it extended from La Ferte to the Rhine River, though it also had sections along the Italian frontier.
131. Novel Quotes. A boy at the end of this 1952 novel says to the main character, “Say it ain’t true, Roy.”
132. State Capitals East of the Mississippi. The last 2 letters of this city’s name are the U.S. postal abbreviation for the state that it’s the capital of.
133. 19th Century Names. In 1854 he became official musical instrument maker to Emperor Napoleon III; an instrument he invented is named for him.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:25 PM, peeayebee said:

0/0!  Wooo-HOOOOOO!

Thank you for not making me feel so bad this week.

7 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Season to date - 64/133, 9*

Below 50% - argh!

We're tied, although I'm not sure how many asterisks I have.

Not thrilled to be below 50%.

<felz stoopid>

Week 27: 1 for 5.  Thank you, Albany.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

11!

Good for me!  Now I feel super smart.  At least until around 7:25 tomorrow night when I have no idea about FJ.

Thanks, saber.  You're the best contest runner ever!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

WEEK 28 — ONE asterisk  
134. Best Picture Oscar Winners. These 2 films, recent back-to-back winners, both have 9 letter titles that end with the same 5 letters.
135. Countries of the World. Because its overseas empire was dwindling, Spain declared war on this much closer country across the water on October 22, 1859.
136. Royal Houses. Family name of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s brother Henry, whom his supporters called Henry IX of England.
137. American Authors. Alfred Hitchcock wrote, “it’s because I liked” his “stories so much that I began to make suspense films.”
*138. Holidays & Observances. This day created in the U.S. in 1872 is observed in Florida & Louisiana in January, but Maine & Alaska hold it in May.  *

My 3/5 has one asterisk.  I didn't know about the * because I read the question on line.  My station can't be bothered to show Jeopardy when sp*rts are happening.

• Love 1

4/5, no *. I thought I was going to have a perfect week,  then along came Arbor Day  😫 I've heard of it, I guess, but I've never lived anywhere that celebrated it. 

• Love 1