Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

WEEK 29 — TWO asterisks  
139. Foreign Transportation. Operating for only one week a year, a train line to this city moves over half a million people a day.
*140. 19th Century Americans. Though he became a Cabinet secretary & Chief Justice, once he wanted to change his name because of its “awkward, fishy” sound.  *
141. World War II. In 1943 millions of matchbooks were distributed in the Philippines with this 3-word quote to boost morale.
142. Famous Phrase Origins. One theory says a phrase for euphoria comes from Plate No. 9 in an 1896 meteorological “Atlas” of these.
*143. Children's Books. This 1883 classic ends with the words “A well-behaved little boy!”

WEEK 30 — NO asterisk  
144. Fictional Characters. In a 1947 collection he solved 12 mysteries, including “The Cretan Bull” & “The Girdle of Hyppolita.”
145. Music Legends. These 2 “monarchs” of popular culture both passed away on August 16, one in 2018, the other 41 years earlier.
146. International Airports. From the name of the world capital it serves, DEL is the 3-letter code for the Asian airport named for her.
147. U.S. Bodies Of Water. The Jordan, Bear & Weber rivers deposit over a million tons of minerals into it annually, much of that chloride & sodium.
148. European Capitals. Remove 2 letters from within the 6-letter name of this capital & you get the name of a capital from a neighboring country.

I swear I posted!  But when I just opened this text box, it was here!  Apparently I wrote it out, but didn't hit submit, I guess.

3/5 for last week.  I'll try to actually post this week's after the show tonight.

• Love 1

Thanks @Browncoat. That completes last week. I've missed posts in the past but it was easier for me to ask you again for your score than for me to back track and search. Yeah, I'm lazy like that. I figured you might be on another world excursion so didn't want to nag. Until today!

• LOL 1

Week 31:  5/5  Overall: 98/153 (11 *). The questions must be getting easier or I'm getting smarter! I had only two 5/5 weeks in the first 21 weeks, then nothing, but now I've had 5/5 in two of the last 3 weeks!!!

• Love 3