Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Never mind. I guess Jeopardy did run on Thanksgiving and you guys saw the episode even if I did not. TheJeopardyFan.com had the FJ clue/answer so the game will continue as if a day off never happened. Five games this week. Clues will be posted here NLT tomorrow for anyone needing to catch up.

Edited by saber5055
There are no holidays in Jeopardy Land.
  • Love 2

WEEK 11 — ONE asterisk *
35. American Writers. In a twist of irony, he accidentally set fire to some 300 acres of woods at Fair Haven Pond near the Concord River in 1844.
* 36. Americana. It’s the official fruit of the District of Columbia.  *
37. Presidential Irony. 1 of the 2 Presidents who offered Daniel Webster the VP slot; he declined both, thinking the job went nowhere.
38. 1980s Movies. Ebert: this film “works as science fiction, it’s sometimes as scary as a monster movie & at the end…not a dry eye in the house.”
39. Olympic Cities. Of the 4 “M” cities that consecutively hosted Summer Olympics in the 20th century, these 2 aren’t national capitals.

6 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Thanks, @saber5055, for posting those so quickly!  As I suspected, not a good week for me — 2/5.

@Browncoat: I don't have your score for last week. Would you repost for me, please? It's Week 10 that is missing. Ten people have dropped out so odds of winning a prize are getting better for the regular players. Just sayin'.

As always, those late to the game can still get in and catch up by playing the posted clues. I have the answers if any one needs to check. Just ask!

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

@Browncoat: I don't have your score for last week. Would you repost for me, please? It's Week 10 that is missing. Ten people have dropped out so odds of winning a prize are getting better for the regular players. Just sayin'.

As always, those late to the game can still get in and catch up by playing the posted clues. I have the answers if any one needs to check. Just ask!

Ooops, my bad!  I was 3/5 for week 10.

• Love 1
(edited)

WEEK 12 — THREE asterisks ***
56. American Authors. The 1877 novel “Garth”, about a New Hampshire family cursed by an ancestor’s crime, is by Julian, son of this novelist.
* 57. Actresses. In 1997 she became the first to win an Oscar for a film directed by her husband; her brother-in-law produced the film.  *
58. Historical Firsts. In a tribute with no precedent, the band played this at the Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guard on Sept. 13, 2001.
* 59. Catholicism. A liturgical year begins on the first Sunday of Advent, which is the Sunday closest to the feast day of this “first apostle.”  *
* 60. The Old West. On Oct. 27, 1881 this town’s local newspaper reported on “a day when blood flowed as water. ” Tombstone, Arizona  *

Note that clue numbers have been off in previous FJ clue posts; the site will not allow me to go back and fix them. This set of clues is numbered correctly.

Edited by saber5055