Type keyword(s) to search

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

WEEK 6 Final Jeopardy questions:
21. America in the 1930s. In March 1933 CBS Radio’s Robert Trout said, “The President wants to come into your home…for a little” this.
22. The Solar System. Features on this body include Tombaugh Regio & Sleipnir Fossa, named for a horse that carried Odin to the Underworld.
23. World Cities. The northernmost city with a population over 5 million, it was founded in 1703 & its name was changed 3 times in the 20th Century.
24. Characters in Children’s Lit. This winged character from an early 20th century work is so named “because she mends the pots and kettles.”
25. Sports. A low center of gravity is a key to success in this sport with moves including gaburi-yori & uwate-dashinage.

• Love 1

Congrats to all of you Perfect Five Week people! Maybe that will be another prize category, Most Fives in the Season. We've already got High, Low, Most Asterisks and Potluck (random number draw). Another prize category would be cool.

"Yes, that's a great idea Saber!" said everyone nowhere.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Wasn't there a clue yesterday about the I.N.F. treaty? Well, today Trump announced that the US is withdrawing from it. 

Is this the Jeopardy curse?

Yes, there was, because I was waiting for Trebek to say what INF stands for. This could be part of The Jeopardy Curse. If true, I want to volunteer to write some clues. I'll do it for free. In fact, I'll pay the show to let me write some curse clues.

• Love 4

I don’t know if I should count Friday’s as correct. I am watching it with my mom today, and I got stuck on wrestling but she filled in sumo before I could come up with it. So, I probably should not count it in my wins for the week.

So, 4/5 this week!

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, Driad said:

4/5.  On the geography question, I got stuck in Scandinavia. 

Lucky you.  Gorgeous landscapes, friendly people, great social services.  And beautiful plumage.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I am going to be out of the country for the next two weeks, so I won't be able to participate. But I will check the clues when I get back and bring myself up to date. See you all in November!

Have a most excellent trip. Where to, if I may ask? So I can travel vicariously with you. Meanwhile, safe travels, and your FJCS* can be updated when you return.

*Final Jeopardy Contest Score

3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Back in contention for the worse score!

Hey, a prize is a prize!

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Have a most excellent trip. Where to, if I may ask? So I can travel vicariously with you.

A three day cruise to the Greek Islands with a stop in Turkey, then seven days to various spots in Greece, ending in Athens. I'm only going so I can increase my knowledge for FJ.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

A three day cruise to the Greek Islands with a stop in Turkey, then seven days to various spots in Greece, ending in Athens. I'm only going so I can increase my knowledge for FJ.

Wow. This qualifies me to type that much-over-used word: AWESOME. What a fantastic trip. And when you come back you will kick butt in those Jeopardy categories "Metropolis by the Acropolis" and "Athens Fashions." Can't wait! (Color me jealous.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Good Queen Jane said:

GFY. All my trips are based on this premise.  :-)

I think I can speak for all of us that, green-eyed monsters aside, we wish you a wonderful trip.

• Love 3

I was away for an extra-long weekend, finally all caught up. 3/5 for last week. Tinker Bell was the kind of answer I am really mad at myself for missing. Seems so obvious, and it's in a category I should do well in. Booo, Fex.

• Love 1

Week 7: 0/5, overall 11/35

I'm not going to lie...it's getting demoralizing advertising what an idiot I am every week. I hope I'm making everyone else feel better about their intellect! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SHD said:

I'm not going to lie...it's getting demoralizing advertising what an idiot I am every week. I hope I'm making everyone else feel better about their intellect! 

Well, you need to start doing a lot worse to win the Low prize. I was tied with you this week until my specialty category of birds plus me being half Scottish gave me two, two, two points to end the week. (TM Doublemint Twins)

• Love 5

WEEK 7  Final Jeopardy Clues - One asterisk clue 30
26. Places in the News. In a hint of the future, in 1973 Marjorie Post gave it to the U.S. government as a warm-weather presidential retreat, but it was returned.
27. Old English Literature. This “creature of evil, grim and fierce, was quickly ready, savage and cruel, and seized from their rest thirty thanes.”
28. African Cities. Also a judicial capital, this aptly named city is known for an annual rose festival that began in 1976.
29. State Birds. The 2-word name of this black & orange or black & golden state bird derives in part from the Latin for “golden.”
* 30. European History. Legend says this, weighing 336 lbs., came from the Holy Land & Kenneth MacAlpin brought it to Perthshire c. 840. *

2 hours ago, SHD said:

I feel your pain.  I felt a lot smarter before I started keeping track. 

Week 7: 2 for 5.

• Love 3