Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Ugh. I can't seem to share the screen cap I took of NR's Facebook page but he shared the TV guide story about the msf. It says it's an incredibly emotional episode for him and to prep for one scene he just cried and cried. Actually he said he bawled, which TV guide spelled "balled". Proofread much, TVG?

• Love 3

Ugh. I can't seem to share the screen cap I took of NR's Facebook page but he shared the TV guide story about the msf. It says it's an incredibly emotional episode for him and to prep for one scene he just cried and cried. Actually he said he bawled, which TV guide spelled "balled". Proofread much, TVG?

No, we do not. The parent company Rovi fired the TVG copy editors and left the few remaining and already vastly overwhelmed writers to self-approve thousands of descriptions each week (http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Rovi-Reviews-E6664.htm). Then the writers were cut further and the scheduling and data entry teams in PA and MI were outsourced to Vietnam, Malaysia, India, and the Phillipines. This is in no way an attack of you, punkymouse, but an attack of Rovi. I got laid off with the last batch. Expect to see a big increase in errors from Comcast, TVG, direct TV, and u-verse listings. :(

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

No, we do not. The parent company Rovi fired the TVG copy editors and left the few remaining and already vastly overwhelmed writers to self-approve thousands of descriptions each week (http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Rovi-Reviews-E6664.htm). Then the writers were cut further and the scheduling and data entry teams team in PA and MI were outsourced to Vietnam, Malaysia, India, and the Phillipines. This is in no way an attack of you, punkymouse, but an attack of Rovi. I got laid off with the last batch. Expect to see a big increase in errors from Comcast, TVG, direct TV, and u-verse listings. :(

Youch! Sorry to hit a sore spot Mighty Peanut. As a former proofreader this is just one of my pet peeves.

ETA:

https://www.facebook.com/normanreedus/photos/a.451193298118.246841.37627283118/10152808430698119/?type=1&theater

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 1

Sorry for making that about me, I feel like a bit of a douche. But after I've collected my severance I'll give you all the direct extensions to spam them with complaints. >:)

No worries. Sucks to be laid off. Sorry you've got to deal with all that.

I think Glenn or Maggie, or both, are in trouble, but not next week.  I think Carol's run her stint.  But will they kill her AND Beth in the same episode?  That seems to be where they're heading.

I think Daryl's around longer.  He's a fan favorite, more so, I think, than Rick.  On the other hand, TPTB could be so anti-fans that they might deliberately kill off Daryl.

I don't think TPTB would have such hatred for fans they would kill off Daryl out of spite. Daryl is the show's most popular character and Norman is also a good ambassador for the show. I think he'll be there as long as Norman wants to be. 

I got the feeling last night that Carol isn't long for the ZA.  Has there ever been a character so sanctified that survived?  Hershel didn't and he actually saved lives. 

I would have agreed earlier this season, but this past episode felt like a very deliberate attempt to show Carol as human and struggling.

I am pretty bummed about Tyreese. I dunno. I feel like he had a lot more potential than what has been shown so far. Hope he gets a good send off anyway.

If he goes I wonder if it will be because he can't kill humans, as they'll be facing off against humans.

I think they've struggled with how to write Tyreese, because his role in the comics was taken by others on the show, but I'll miss Chad's performance, as I'll miss Tyreese. I'm disappointed because I know that if he dies, fans will talk about one black guy replacing another, and the character and actor will be ignored, or turned into a fan joke.

I wonder what will happen to Sasha. The thought of killing her boyfriend, her brother, and her all in the same season seems so gruesome.

I'm disappointed because I know that if he dies, fans will talk about one black guy replacing another, and the character and actor will be ignored, or turned into a fan joke.

I'm not as upset by the high body count of minority characters as the high body count of actors from The Wire. Seriously, killing off D'Angelo and Cutty in the same season? Can we keep Carver at least?

• Love 1

Excuse my white girl ignorance (not sarcasm) but I think the show is finally at the point that when a black guy dies he is not THE black person anymore. There's still Sasha, Tyrese, PeePants, Michonne, Morgan, and Noah. Rosita and Glenn are both minorities. The white cast certainly has more main characters, but there is no significant racial majority in the group anymore. It was REALLY bad when T-Dog's memorial was a bunch of people standing around recounting anecdotes we never saw, then immediately killing the bitten black prisoner, then Oscar's unceremonious shooting death. Bob's death hurt; it didn't tear my soul out a la Hershel, but he was a fleshed out character whose absence I feel. I don't hate Beth but I don't think I'll care as much when she dies as I did Bob. I'll feel sadder for Maggie as the last living Greene, even though she might not care that much judging by her Beth-related amnesia.

You're right, though, if I was a Wire alumni with a part on TWD I'd be sending out resumes the whole time.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut

I'm really curious about Carol. It's pretty obvious that Beth is a goner, but what are they going to do with Carol.  If she's injured enough to be on life support, are they just going to pick her up and carry her out? Or will St. Carol's next miracle be healing herself. Carol's not a young woman or a particularly robust one and she's survived two serious car accidents in a twenty four hour period. There's no way she's playing at being injured; she's dealing with REAL doctors here.  So what happens to Carol?

As for the 'one Black man in and one Black man out' rule, if I was Seth Gilliam, as a Wire alumnus, I'd have my agent still accepting scripts. Kirkman seemed to get a thrill out of collecting ex-Wire actors. I'm happy to hear that Chad already has a gig lined up. Lennie James has the best idea. Don't make TWD your regular gig.

• Love 2

I have a feeling that Carol will still be fairly hurt by the end of the MSF, but that she'll live.  I'm also pretty sure that there will be a time jump between the MSF and the start of 5b which will involve Carol healing from her problems. We'll start back up when she back to being able to continue the trek towards WDC and trying to connect back up with the short bus crew

• Love 1

That is a good point. Her injuries are bad; someone somewhere mentioned life support and was Beth going to pull the plug or something. I don't know. A time jump as you suggest might be their only way of resolving that. TWD is due one anyway. Considering their propensity to employ them, I'm kind of surprised it's been so long since we've had one.

That is a good point. Her injuries are bad; someone somewhere mentioned life support and was Beth going to pull the plug or something. I don't know. A time jump as you suggest might be their only way of resolving that. TWD is due one anyway. Considering their propensity to employ them, I'm kind of surprised it's been so long since we've had one.

And that might be why the pics of Rick without a beard.  Maybe they jump ahead to a point in time when there's a working barbershop.  (I know other people have theories about that -- not the barbershop -- and maybe they're more sound than mine.)

I wonder what will happen to Sasha. The thought of killing her boyfriend, her brother, and her all in the same season seems so gruesome.

IMO, Sasha is in for the long haul. I think they're making her into ComicAndrea, and eventually she and Rick will bond over their losses and hook up. Personally, I'd welcome it, because I've really grown to like Sasha as a character.

I'm bummed they haven't done better by Tyreese only to kill him off this soon. After casting the character perfectly, the show has bungled it almost as badly as they did with Andrea.

• Love 3

IMO, Sasha is in for the long haul. I think they're making her into ComicAndrea, and eventually she and Rick will bond over their losses and hook up. Personally, I'd welcome it, because I've really grown to like Sasha as a character.

I'm bummed they haven't done better by Tyreese only to kill him off this soon. After casting the character perfectly, the show has bungled it almost as badly as they did with Andrea.

I think Sasha is here for a while too.  It looks like she's going to be the sharpshooter, which is comic Andrea's job.  I don't think she and Rick have ever exchanged words but I'd be interested in seeing her and Rick develop a relationship, especially since I'm NOT a Richonne devotee.  But they've hired an actor who's rumored to play a love interest for Rick.  So we'll see.

• Love 1

I think TWD for the most part has good actors and bad writers.   Michonne had the potential to be ridiculous, and her early dialogue was crap, but Danai overcame the bad writing and cartoony character.    The actors portraying Tyrese and Andrea didn't fare as well.    Personally, I think the Bob role was played beautifully, but oh well.    On to the next. 

• Love 4

The design trend article I linked to above said Beth "kills" Carol by demanding she be kept on life support, which Dawn responds to by taking her off and blaming Beth for disobeying. Carol lives through the MSF but life support or not she wouldn't be running around...so Beth must die so the others escape carrying Carol, or die making the hospital a safe place for them to stay for the time being...right?

• Love 1

Do we know for certain Carol is the woman on life support? She wasn't in the clip, the article implies it could be Carol but not that it's definitely Carol.

Perhaps it's a fakeout? Audience and Beth thinks it's Carol but it's another woman?

Edited by Morrigan2575

I would have agreed earlier this season, but this past episode felt like a very deliberate attempt to show Carol as human and struggling.

(Apologies, clearly I don't know how to quote a post so that the "quote within a quote" remains.)

I really hope that you are right Pete. It certainly seemed that TPTB were wrapping her story up. IMHO that would be a real shame. Carol is a complex character who has shown herself to be able to adapt and change. Now that they have shown us that she is aware that she "over corrected" in her change from battered woman to hard warrior,  I hope they give us a chance to see her struggle to become a strong woman instead of a strong warrior.

It will not be an easy journey. However, it is the same journey that the rest of CDB is on...the journey to become strong people able to survive the ZA without completely losing what it is to be human.

There's still Sasha, Tyrese, PeePants, Michonne, Morgan, and Noah.

Oh dear lord how I laugh everytime I see Father "PeePants"! Whoever came up with that name is a genius. 

On topic, I can't wait to see how they deal with the Carol situation in the MSF. Supposedly she'll be unconscious throughout episode 7, so she'll have to make a miraculous recovery in episode 8 or someone will have to haul her butt out of that hospital. I'm assuming these last 2 episodes take place in the span of a day or two. I will scream bullshit if she's able to walk out of the hospital on her own. 

I remember seeing pictures of MMB/Carol filming out on the road and she looked perfectly nimble, so a time jump makes sense if they want her traveling with the rest of the group after the MSF.

• Love 1

Carol does not kick the bucket in the MSF I think. Unless they wanted a whole pile of Carol flashbacks for the second half I can't think why else MMB would be on set continuously up until the finale except for the fact she makes it to S6. And I'm not even a real Carol fan btw. I have liked and detested her over the course of the series but I'm mostly ambivalent. I really want to like her but I haven't really warmed up to her much. I think it's because of the turn she took in S4. A little too extreme imo.

Sasha is in the bell tower as a sniper in the finale. This is supposed to be meaningful for comic fans for the "No way out" arc. Have no idea what that is but I'm gonna look it up (such a spoiler junkie I am).

• Love 1

Do they do time jumps? Only one I remember is between S2 and S3. I'm not opposed to it, just trying to figure if it would be abnormal. At the same time were in S5 and it's supposed to be only 18 months in...which drives me crazy.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Do they do time jumps? Only one I remember is between S2 and S3. I'm not opposed to it, just trying to figure if it would be abnormal. At the same time were in S5 and it's supposed to be only 18 months in...which drives me crazy.

There was a time jump between season 3 and season 4, too, I think.

Edited by natyxg

A time jump would work for how old Chandler Riggs is getting and also allow for them to age up Judith, as well as solve any health issues for Carol.  In regards to the 'you just killed that woman', obviously Carol doesn't die, that's just your garden variety verbal overly dramatic hyperbole which seems right for a woman (Dawn) who will just haul off and smack you in the face . . .

• Love 2

Sasha is in the bell tower as a sniper in the finale. This is supposed to be meaningful for comic fans for the "No way out" arc. Have no idea what that is but I'm gonna look it up (such a spoiler junkie I am).

Was that Andrea's role in the comic?

I can't remember if they've mentioned much about Sasha's shooting abilities (other than her being much better than Tyreese). I know Maggie used to get that role - I wonder if she's with the group at that point.

Yup it was. Andrea was the sharpshooter and I thought they were grooming her for that role again until her characterization took a serious nose dive in S3.

Time jump of several months between S3 & 4. Which brings me to Chandler: I like how he's portraying Carl but with his growth spurts, Carl doesn't have that "horror" edge to him as he does in the GN. Seeing a kid, I mean a 10 year old, doing all the stuff Carl's done is just scarier.

Imagine S1 Carl is still the Carl on the screen today. More pity and fear, I think

Sorry, should take this to the Carl thread to see what nonspoilerheads think.

• Love 1

Weren't there spoilers going around that Beth tells Dawn that she has a group, to try to stop them from killing Carol, or something? The implication in the spoiler was that this was what tipped them off to people coming. I think the spoiler also said that this episode would end with a sniper training on Tyreese.

None of that happened in this episode. I presume Beth does die, based on filming spoilers, but at least if she does it won't be because of that, hopefully, as it sounded very stupid to me.

The synopsis of "Coda," the mid-season finale episode, does not reveal much about what's in store for the characters other than to note that "new enemies disregard rules and morals; although Rick wants to find a peaceful agreement, the enemies seem to prefer a more violent resolution."

'The Walking Dead' Mid-Season Finale Spoilers: Beth to Turn into a Walker?

By Keerthi Mohan November 24, 2014 16:30 IST

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/walking-dead-mid-season-finale-spoilers-beth-turn-into-walker-614937

Edited by tv echo

I'm thinking that next episode will show Rick & Co. taking over the hospital (and bringing Michonne, Carl and Judith there), with good Dr. WhatHisFace agreeing to help Carol heal from her wounds.  There will be a time jump between Epi 8 and Epi 9, with us coming back to see Carol fully healed and the group ready to get back on the road to find the rest of their group.

And Beth will die as the price of her trusting Dawn.

Here's a practical thought/concern about doing a time jump:  Judith will be older.  Now, depending upon how far we jump (if we jump), how will it be with an older Judith? Right now, she can be tucked away in her carrier.  You don't even need an actor.  But if we jump several months or even a year, then that means a bigger (all things being relative) actor.  And they won't be able to deal as easily as they can now by having someone just pick up Judith to craddle her.  I think having an older (hence bigger) baby/toddler will really be an issue.

I've wondered this as well.  It feels like they're going to have to do a time jump for a lot of the reasons people have already mentioned, but as someone who's raised a couple of kids past toddlerhood I can't imagine how they're going to manage this unless the group really will be settling somewhere for a long while.  (I don't read the comics but I keep hearing about the Alexandria Safe Zone, so IDK.)  She'll be heavier to lug around and mobile and more vocal but not old enough to be reasoned with or to follow directions.  That can be a nightmare on a good day, let alone if you're out in the open on the road where you're trying to avoid drawing attention to yourself to keep from being eaten.