Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

TWDF debunked the Beth-as-a-walker scenario a while ago.  They're usually spot on about their spoilers so I tend to believe them.  No Beth walker.  She will die taking out Dawn.  Maybe they both fall down the elevator shaft.  UGH.  It's going to be dramatic and devastating for all concerned though.  NR has been pretty vocal about that.

• Love 1

I've wondered this as well.  It feels like they're going to have to do a time jump for a lot of the reasons people have already mentioned, but as someone who's raised a couple of kids past toddlerhood I can't imagine how they're going to manage this unless the group really will be settling somewhere for a long while.  (I don't read the comics but I keep hearing about the Alexandria Safe Zone, so IDK.)  She'll be heavier to lug around and mobile and more vocal but not old enough to be reasoned with or to follow directions.  That can be a nightmare on a good day, let alone if you're out in the open on the road where you're trying to avoid drawing attention to yourself to keep from being eaten.

Holy crap that is a scary thought.  Our daughter is 2 and our son is 3 and I just can't even wrap my head around how that would be in ZA.  Oh man.    

When I'm convinced I'm probably the worst mom ever and my parenting skills suck so bad I can't possibly match wits with a 3 year old, I read articles such as "science confirms that toddlers are smarter and bigger assholes than previously thought".  Good luck CDB!

http://jezebel.com/5929567/studies-reveal-toddlers-are-smarter-bigger-assholes-than-we-thought

Exactly.  My oldest is 8 but autistic, which means he's often loud and not especially inclined to cooperate even on his best days.  It's why I don't much bother with discussions on surviving the ZA because I've long since accepted we probably wouldn't make it beyond the first culling if the dead ever do rise up.  Well, that and I'm not particularly interested in long-term survival if it means living on canned dog food and raw squirrel while constantly being as dirty as Rick and Daryl look and probably smell.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 2

Noah mentioned that where he lived in Richmond there were walls.  So I'm wondering if they are substituting Richmond for ASZ.  If they leave the hospital after staying there a month or so for Carol to heal, they should be able to get Judith that far with just a bit of trouble, I'd think, thus solving the "being on the road with a noisy baby/toddler" problem.

• Love 1

I dunno. Judging from the sneak peek (hate that term, by the way, not sure why exactly) FPP is stupidly riling up the school zombies. They probably break the glass and follow his dumb ass back to the church.

• Love 3

Or one of the fire truck crew makes good on Maggie's stupid threat to fire off a gun within earshot of the monster herd that none of us have been able to get a clear look at despite being right up the road.  Either way, I have visions of them being led around Pied Piper style.

• Love 1

And now there's a theory floating around that Beth only appears to die in the MSF and we see her again ep10, and her reuniting with the group in eep16. Truly diabolical on the part of TPTB or wishful thinking of Beth fans.

I've seen that one floating about too.  I'm reading it as desperation based on the hands of a clock in the background of a scene by her more shall we say enthusiastic fans who have been going on the TSDF pages to argue with the team that has successfully spoilered every death for a good long while.  These are mostly the same people who are insisting Carol dies despite the reality that she's been working all through 5B and was seen filming the season finale just a few days ago while Beth's actress hasn't been spotted anywhere near set since the midseason finale was filmed. 

Anything's possible I guess, but it seems like a ridiculously convoluted amount of effort for a character who's really been pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.  My money's on TSDF.

• Love 9

And now there's a theory floating around that Beth only appears to die in the MSF and we see her again ep10, and her reuniting with the group in eep16. Truly diabolical on the part of TPTB or wishful thinking of Beth fans.

Well since they are apparently high-tailing it outta town I can't imagine how she'd find them.

• Love 2

I dunno. Judging from the sneak peek (hate that term, by the way, not sure why exactly) FPP is stupidly riling up the school zombies. They probably break the glass and follow his dumb ass back to the church.

I am so not down with FPP.   Rick made the wise choice to leave Michonne and Carl there.   they can defend Judith, but FPP?   Eh, let him be zombie chow. 

• Love 1

Ugh! If someone dies other FPP because of this, I will be throwing pillows at the TV. I want my girl, Michonne, to have a few days off from zombie-killing.

Yeah, you know me.

Me three.

I get the current FPP crisis-of-faith story line - kinda hard not to, considering they're laying it on thicker and heavier than a Rush Limbaugh honeymoon:

1. FPP is horrified by Rick&Co. both for the killings in the church and the destruction of his sacred place, so he takes an opportunity to escape from these horrid horrid people.
  2. FPP is then faced with yet more incontrovertible evidence (what, the Perished Parishioner Pool Party in the food bank wasn't enough?) that being Christian is no protection against the horrors of the ZA.
  3. FPP then finds the Termite school camp, where he is confronted with the image of Mother Mary perusing her Bible with one hand while stuffing Bob-B-Q into her face with the other.

Like I said, I get it.  I just don't care about it, because I don't give jack shit about anything to do with this sniveling weasel.

• Love 3

Well since they are apparently high-tailing it outta town I can't imagine how she'd find them.

Maybe Beth won't die, and Dawn won't die, and they can become the next Hope and Crosby and make a road trip together.

I've seen that one floating about too.  I'm reading it as desperation based on the hands of a clock in the background of a scene by her more shall we say enthusiastic fans who have been going on the TSDF pages to argue with the team that has successfully spoilered every death for a good long while.  These are mostly the same people who are insisting Carol dies despite the reality that she's been working all through 5B and was seen filming the season finale just a few days ago while Beth's actress hasn't been spotted anywhere near set since the midseason finale was filmed. 

Anything's possible I guess, but it seems like a ridiculously convoluted amount of effort for a character who's really been pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.  My money's on TSDF.

Didn't I hear somewhere (I honestly don't keep up with such things) that the actor who portrays Beth wants to record an album.  That could explain why she hasn't been seen on set.

• Love 1

Maybe Beth won't die, and Dawn won't die, and they can become the next Hope and Crosby and make a road trip together.

Didn't I hear somewhere (I honestly don't keep up with such things) that the actor who portrays Beth wants to record an album.  That could explain why she hasn't been seen on set.

EK hasn't been seen on set because Beth has been killed off, but EK has already recorded an album and wants to tour on it and do other projects.

All of the other actors playing the Camp Dinner Bell/GREATM characters have been spotted in costume and filming since the mid-season finale.  If there is a death in Camp Dinner Bell, Beth is the only candidate.

• Love 1

EK hasn't been seen on set because Beth has been killed off, but EK has already recorded an album and wants to tour on it and do other projects.

All of the other actors playing the Camp Dinner Bell/GREATM characters have been spotted in costume and filming since the mid-season finale. If there is a death in Camp Dinner Bell, Beth is the only candidate.

Except Lawrence gillard was also spotted on set after the MSF so clearly tptb are on to us. Lennie James wasn' t spotted on set either but I doubt he flew 7000 miles just attend a party. I actually wonder about Eugene because his actor was seen in Senoia last week but hasn't had a confirmed sighting since(I believe he had one sighting that was a really long blurry shot that might have been Eugene might have been a crew member kind of thing.) I would laugh so hard if TPTB built up all this hype only to kill off Eugene.

Also there have been reports of EK on set for most the back half they just haven't been from stalkers. Also there was a report from that seems to have been confirmed by more than one source. Like Lennie James I doubt she was just stopping by considering how busy shes been with her album. Personally I just dont think it makes narrative sense to kill Beth right now.

Spoil The Dead and The Spoiling Dead Fans (two major spoiling and tracking sites) say the same thing: EK hasn't been spotted.  She hasn't been on set since early August.  Another site that does a weekly spoiler Q&A has had confirmation from their sources for quite a few weeks that Beth dies.

Her social media tracking puts her just about every place else away from filming locations since the filming of the MSF (and she tweets and instragrams a LOT).  There was one photo dubbed "Bethsquatch" of a blonde with a green jacket seen on set in Senoia recently but it was debunked as it was taken the day EK was in LA recording a video.  It was another blonde with a green jacket; probably a crew member.

If these other people have info about EK being on set since August 8th, those two sites would appreciate seeing it and I'd be curious to see a link.

Lennie James has been seen.  He was seen by spoiler hounds prior to No Sanctuary so his appearance in the debut wasn't a surprise to them.  If AMC wants to hide him for a later episode they'll have to do better than that, and since AMC is cheap, they're not going to go the black limos with tinted windows route just for another quick surprise appearance.  They haven't bent over backwards to hide anyone before, they're sure as hell not going to hide a character as bit-rate as Beth.  Josh McDermitt has also been accounted for since the MSF.   

As for narrative sense, the only expectation I have is that anyone could die at any time.  That's the kind of world they live in.  They seem to like to develop a character at least a little bit before killing them off, but even so, I don't expect that all of the time.  When Beth gets snuffed I won't be surprised. 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 7

"The One Walking Dead Episode Robert Kirkman Regrets" (the CDC, of course) includes an interesting tidbit about the spinoff:

I've been careful in the comic series to not say what's happening in other parts of the world. It's something that's going to be fun to explore in the spinoff series. But the fact that France is mentioned in that episode and other things like that, I probably would have steered away from that stuff if I had to do it all over again.
  • Love 1

Spoil The Dead and The Spoiling Dead Fans (two major spoiling and tracking sites) say the same thing: EK hasn't been spotted. She hasn't been on set since early August. Another site that does a weekly spoiler Q&A has had confirmation from their sources for quite a few weeks that Beth dies.

Her social media tracking puts her just about every place else away from filming locations since the filming of the MSF (and she tweets and instragrams a LOT). There was one photo dubbed "Bethsquatch" of a blonde with a green jacket seen on set in Senoia recently but it was debunked as it was taken the day EK was in LA recording a video. It was another blonde with a green jacket; probably a crew member.

If these other people have info about EK being on set since August 8th, those two sites would appreciate seeing it and I'd be curious to see a link.

Lennie James has been seen. He was seen by spoiler hounds prior to No Sanctuary so his appearance in the debut wasn't a surprise to them. If AMC wants to hide him for a later episode they'll have to do better than that, and since AMC is cheap, they're not going to go the black limos with tinted windows route just for another quick surprise appearance. They haven't bent over backwards to hide anyone before, they're sure as hell not going to hide a character as bit-rate as Beth. Josh McDermitt has also been accounted for since the MSF.

As for narrative sense, the only expectation I have is that anyone could die at any time. That's the kind of world they live in. They seem to like to develop a character at least a little bit before killing them off, but even so, I don't expect that all of the time. When Beth gets snuffed I won't be surprised.

EK hasn't been seen on set by stalkers but that doesn't mean she has never been on set or that there isn't some other explanation for her absence. As I've said over there the only "proof" spoil the dead has is a lack evidence. Tyrese and Hershel they had other sources like set pics or a death dinner. The only other source spoil the dead is EK s instagram, which had her in LA , NYC and New Jersey last teusday. Some of the pics she was posting from that video appear to have been posted on different days than they were taken. I've also yet to here an explanation for why Morgan would be at the hospital set other than to meet up with someone from CDB

I'm wondering, if Morgan is a ways behind our group, if they filmed a scene with him following their trail to the hospital some days, weeks or months later and finding its decimated remains. It would make sense that they'd have to film that after the scenes with whatever battle is going to go down at Grady, if the sets needed to look mangled/burned/painted in Beth's blood.

• Love 1

EK hasn't been seen on set by stalkers but that doesn't mean she has never been on set or that there isn't some other explanation for her absence. As I've said over there the only "proof" spoil the dead has is a lack evidence. Tyrese and Hershel they had other sources like set pics or a death dinner. The only other source spoil the dead is EK s instagram, which had her in LA , NYC and New Jersey last teusday. Some of the pics she was posting from that video appear to have been posted on different days than they were taken. I've also yet to here an explanation for why Morgan would be at the hospital set other than to meet up with someone from CDB

If EK wasn't there, she wasn't there.  It's not "lack of evidence," there is evidence and it is she wasn't seen on set and her touring, singing, modeling, and social media puts her elsewhere during filming since early August and will put her elsewhere again when filming starts for season 6.  Codenames for the actors are taped on their trailers.  Noticeably absent for filming for at least ep 15 and 16: "Mariah" and "Lex", Emily and Chad's codenames.

Lennie James was only there for a blip and yet "stalkers" spotted him.  There's no way they could have or would have hidden Beth/EK.  Again, AMC is cheap and Beth is just not that important.  Morgan doesn't need Beth or anyone else to stay behind to lead him to the ASZ, he can find Rick's map, and even if he doesn't find the map there's a chance he could be headed that way anyway, it seems like he already was.  Again, if you have a link to information that says she was on set, I'd love to see it.  As a spoiler junkie, I love to see something credible that would put EK on set and indicate that Beth lives.

Besides, I don't see why Beth would stay at the hospital.  There are maybe about a dozen people at the hospital, half are rapey-cops, Dawn is unhinged, there's the lying, murderous doctor, and Noah indicated only a few of the wards would be helpful. Even if Rick and friends killed all of the baddies, only a few people would be left. Noah is leaving with Rick so he's not staying for Beth.  Why would Beth abandon her family for a few dubious strangers she met only a couple of days before?  Even Maggie and Glenn knew Rick would be trailing them when they left with Abe. To "do good"?  For whom?  She has no medical knowledge and the wards don't do anything except fold clothes and mop floors.  How would Beth, the old guy with the strawberries, the beaten-up woman, and maybe one or two others who are not strong (since Noah said they killed off the strong ones including his father) defend against the next band of Governors or Gareths or Claimers that happened by?  They can't even handle the cops by themselves.   Plus it looks like at least part of the hospital gets destroyed in some way and there are 800+ walkers involved (though I don't know if they'll end up at the hospital).  I don't see anything for Beth to stay for.   

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

Besides, I don't see why Beth would stay at the hospital.  There are maybe about a dozen people at the hospital, half are rapey-cops, Dawn is unhinged, there's the lying, murderous doctor, and Noah indicated only a few of the wards would be helpful. Even if Rick and friends killed all of the baddies, only a few people would be left. Noah is leaving with Rick so he's not staying for Beth.  Why would Beth abandon her family for a few dubious strangers she met only a couple of days before?  Even Maggie and Glenn knew Rick would be trailing them when they left with Abe. To "do good"?  For whom?  She has no medical knowledge and the wards don't do anything except fold clothes and mop floors.  How would Beth, the old guy with the strawberries, the beaten-up woman, and maybe one or two others who are not strong (since Noah said they killed off the strong ones including his father) defend against the next band of Governors or Gareths or Claimers that happened by?  They can't even handle the cops by themselves.   Plus it looks like at least part of the hospital gets destroyed in some way and there are 800+ walkers involved (though I don't know if they'll end up at the hospital).  I don't see anything for Beth to stay for.   

Well the scenario you laid out lends itself to the best arc ever for the character of Beth. She could become like Admiral Cain of the original BattleStar Galactica 1978. Rick and his gang after taking the hospital with lots of bang bang, find them selves surrounded by a walker herd. Beth and her new Best Frienemy Forever Dawn. Make a suicidal desperation run into the middle of the herd to clear a better path for the rest of the group. That is the last we see of Beth thus she becomes legend, a dead legend. Then months later when our trouble prone band find themselves in dire straights once again, on the verge of being killed. Beth emerges with her intrepid band of followers saving the day. Thus Beth then becomes Living Legend. All hail the Beth.

• Love 1

The only way I could see it as possible is if the "good" cops survive (maybe Bob feels guilty and helps out?) and Beth stays to help the women who have been beaten and raped, and to help the older people. She wants to feel strong and needed, and she has bonded with some of them, and she has no strong ties to the group beyond Daryl.

I'm just not sure if this would cause the big emotional finale Norman Reedus talked about. If Tyreese dies, that would be emotional, but would it be enough?

There's a difference between speculation and spoilers.  TSDF began their speculation based on Kinney's absence, sightings of her everywhere but on set, and her own social media postings.  That speculation had been around for awhile.  It became an actual spoiler ONLY after they got inside sources to confirm it, which is where they got the additional information about how the death would come after Beth makes a choice that doesn't go as planned.  That's how spoilers work.

They've run some pretty detailed explanations of how all this came about because so many disgruntled fangirls were attacking the site and spreading the falsehood that the spoiler was entirely based on social media postings and not seeing her on set.  The site has built up a solid reputation on getting this stuff right to the point of being a credited source for other media.  So knowing both the attention and backlash this has gotten them, it's very hard to imagine them putting this out there if they weren't super confident of it.  But people can and will believe what they want to believe.  I'm at the point of hoping that if the character dies, as the evidence suggests she will, that it's a very definitive death with no room for ambiguity to put the matter to rest for once and for all.

• Love 3

I've only seen one "insider" post over at spoil the dead who says Beth is dead. It was the same person that said Glenn would die, Noah would be mentally disabled and that Maggie would be pregnant. Seriously they had Ten predictions for Consumed and two of them were right. Those predictions were that it was Caryl bottle episode and that they met Noah (easy to see from filming pics). So I don't put a lot of stock in that particular insider.

EK has been in Atlanta plenty of times since the MSF more than makes sense really if she doesn't have a reason to be there. The other issue I have with spoil the dead is most of folks tracking Beth want her to be dead. There is a fairly obvious bias there and I don't trust that any of them are anything close to objective. For instance MMB and EK both were both seen at two diferent Senoia location. MMB was immediately assumed to be filming EK was dismissed because of the time of day. Except the pictures while on different days were taken within a couple hours of each other. Thats just one example, I feel like when it comes to Beth I don't trust most of the folks at spoil the dead to keep their feelings out of it.

Edited by Emily Thrace

I don't think Daryl will lose both of his women at the same time (though a cliffhanger will likely show us one dead lady -- probably Beth -- and leave us wondering about the fate of the second one -- probably Carol -- until February), but whatever is happening... Daryl is going to be hit hard with it.  The "dangling a carrot" quote in this piece leads me to believe/infer from what is said that Daryl had a possible chance at a real connection (with someone), and before he can grasp it, it is yanked away:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/27/the-walking-dead-mid-season-5-finale-made-norman-reedus-cry-for-an-hour-2462665?lt_source=external,manual

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

I've only seen one "insider" post over at spoil the dead who says Beth is dead. It was the same person that said Glenn would die, Noah would be mentally disabled and that Maggie would be pregnant. Seriously they had Ten predictions for Consumed and two of them were right. Those predictions were that it was Caryl bottle episode and that they met Noah (easy to see from filming pics). So I don't put a lot of stock in that particular insider.

EK has been in Atlanta plenty of times since the MSF more than makes sense really if she doesn't have a reason to be there. The other issue I have with spoil the dead is most of folks tracking Beth want her to be dead. There is a fairly obvious bias there and I don't trust that any of them are anything close to objective. For instance MMB and EK both were both seen at two diferent Senoia location. MMB was immediately assumed to be filming EK was dismissed because of the time of day. Except the pictures while on different days were taken within a couple hours of each other. Thats just one example, I feel like when it comes to Beth I don't trust most of the folks at spoil the dead to keep their feelings out of it.

It's more than just "one 'insider' post at spoil the dead', it's multiple sources on multiple spoiling sites.  Emily has an apartment in GA, she has been spotted in GA a few times but not on set, not in costume, and not filming since the first week of August.  They also correctly predicted the deaths of several other characters including Hershel. They were tracking Glenn/SY and his alleged demise and they were among the first to debunk those death rumors when it became clear the rumors were wrong.  It's not a matter of being emotional or "wanting" a character to die, but following the evidence - the mods over there and on the other sites made that clear, and some of those mods are Beth fans.  If anyone is letting their feelings get in the way, it's some Beth fans over there who are getting nasty with those who are presenting the information because they don't want Beth to die.  Those sites are also predicting Tyreese dies (and with less information than they have on Beth/EK).  I don't want him to die, I love Tyreese, but if he's gone, he's gone and my feelings aren't going to change that and I'm not going to shoot the messenger.

That's it for me on this subject until Sunday night, unless new information appears.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2

The zombie herd bearing down on the hospital?  Though, I don't think that's unexpected.  Mega-herds have been used before and, other than budgetary reasons, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of them, really.

Just for fun, here's my guess: the hostage stand-off is coming to an end, things are looking good for both sides, the swaps are being made, and then BOOM! Beth is accidentally shot by friendly fire.  I'd laugh and laugh if Daryl was the one who shot her.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 7

Just for fun, here's my guess: the hostage stand-off is coming to an end, things are looking good for both sides, the swaps are being made, and then BOOM! Beth is accidentally shot by friendly fire.  I'd laugh and laugh if Daryl was the one who shot her.

That is so funny!

I was thinking Beth decides to be really saintly and as the group outside is told by Rick that the next person out the door will be a villain, Beth decides to intervene for her new friends and peace and love and the door opens, the group opens fire, and Beth is shot to Swiss cheese. Or Beth puts on a police uniform to escape, and they mistake her for a baddie and Rick shoves her down the elevator shaft.

I don't know how it could be unexpected unless Carol and Beth are the only ones to live and Rick/Daryl/Sasha/Tyreese/Noah die. Then walkers attack the church and Michonne and Carl are killed and Father Gabriel takes off with Judith.

• Love 3

When I read Gale's comments, I was thinking that she is either underestimating how much the viewers (the ones who want spoilers) are able to figure out from the various clues (such as who is seen on the set and who is not; who just signed on to do a new TV series, etc.), or she/they somehow managed to pull off a major event/development without anyone finding out.  While the latter scenario would be fun, chances are it is the former -- they all underestimate how much the viewers can find out or piece together.

I suppose that certain developments could be more or less unexpected than others.  For example, a Beth death would be less unexpected than a Rick death at this specific point in the series.  Otherwise, there is very little that seems absolutely unexpected at this point.  Maybe the way that the events play out will be the true surprise -- Daryl accidentally kills Beth, Judith falls through the floor at the church, Rick accidentally kills Carol, etc.

That, or the musical episode that PunkyMouse mentioned.  Now that would truly be unexpected!

• Love 3

When I read Gale's comments, I was thinking that she is either underestimating how much the viewers (the ones who want spoilers) are able to figure out from the various clues (such as who is seen on the set and who is not; who just signed on to do a new TV series, etc.), or she/they somehow managed to pull off a major event/development without anyone finding out. While the latter scenario would be fun, chances are it is the former -- they all underestimate how much the viewers can find out or piece together.

The "Coda" promo has Beth saying, "This is who you are until the end." If she dies, then TPTB must think we the viewers are morons.

http://youtu.be/3IkFEdvSCOQ

• Love 1