Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I think you are safe to talk about it here. I just go overboard with the tags because I need to get in the habit of using tags on other threads.

Everyone else, feel free to talk away.

Do we have to tag spoilers here?  If it's a major spoiler are we allowed to talk about it or do we have to tag it?

Rick and Michonne seem like great friends to me.  I don't see any sexual spark.  They have chemistry, but Michonne has chemistry with every single person she shares a scene with.  That woman is amazing.  I'll never understand why supporting a friend and touching their hand means I want to jump you and is considered fan baiting.  Most grown adults can have friendships with the opposite sex.  If Rick enters into a relationship with someone else I don't see how that's disrespectful.  Maybe Michonne isn't attracted to him.  I could definitely see why Michonne would not be attractive to Rick because we've all seen what he's attracted to, and a stick figure with a stick up her ass wimpy, drama causing stupid bitch is definitely not Michonne.

If they didn't already have a spin off in the works I would almost swear they were setting Daryl up to have his own show.  I know Kirkman has said he wished Daryl was in the comics, but I think he is a big enough asshat with a big enough ego that it bothers him that one of the most popular characters was not written by him.  I guess if they did that they could always start another Walking Dead for Daryl.  It could be like CSI and have shows all over the damn place.

From the spoiler it sounds like Carl may be right about the weak thing.  We see what happens when people get to comfortable.

• Love 5

Rick and Michonne seem like great friends to me.  I don't see any sexual spark.  They have chemistry, but Michonne has chemistry with every single person she shares a scene with.  That woman is amazing.  I'll never understand why supporting a friend and touching their hand means I want to jump you and is considered fan baiting. 

If the show said, "We love their friendship and how much they care about each other. We don't see it becoming a romance," then it wouldn't be seen as baiting by me.

It's playing up more than that in interviews and press comments and on Talking Dead that make me call it baiting. I think it's leading people on if they have no plans for this to be more than a friendship, and if they have plans to put Rick in a pairing with a new woman.

Sorry, I know this is a spoiler page but I still put tags on some things because I'm so paranoid; the mods are in the trees!

Yes. Yes we are. We are always lurking around. In this case, it's to be ready to give a smackdown like this.

Knock Off the Shipping Arguments. Shipping tends to be one of the MOST controversial topics ever, along with Money, Politics, Religion and Beth apparently.

I've hidden some posts. Some may return, some may not, but in the meantime, move on from arguing back and forth on Shipping. Some do, some do not. That is all. This thread is to discuss SPOILERS and Speculation of those spoilers, not about The Walking Dead Ship Wars.

Oh - as for Spoilers. This whole thread is tagged as containing Spoilers. Any spoilers can go in here without tags. Basically - Read at your own risk.

• Love 5

Not only was Lori ready to go right after she thought Rick was gone forever, but she was ready to go with his friend and partner!  

I somehow suspect that Rick will never fully trust a new "love" interest.   He will succumb to his manly desires (once he is cleaned up, well-rested and relaxed) -- because, let's face it, it's been a while for him -- but I don't know if I see him getting googly-eyed and mushy over anyone.  I kind of feel like he will always be a little bit suspicious and wary of anyone new, even if he's sleeping with them.  I don't know.  Maybe it all depends on how long they are all hunkered down at this new location.  If they stay there for a while and get into a normal, pleasant routine, maybe he will let his guard down a bit.  If they end up under attack and on the run again, then the whole dynamic changes.

Before this second half of the season began, we knew that Tyreese was toast -- based on the fact that he took a job on another project, and he was no longer seen on set.  There was some question as to whether or not Noah might die, but so far he is still hanging in there.

But no one else (of the major players) from the cast 'went missing' from the set during the filming for this season, correct?  If everyone important was seen on set through the duration of filming, then -- unless the cast and crew managed to fool everyone -- I don't expect another major death in that 90-minute episode.

However, Daryl -- who will mysteriously be jobless -- could go wandering off into the distance, feeling like he doesn't belong.  What I am wondering is, why wouldn't they give him a job?  Why would everyone else at the new place have a job of some sort, but they can't find something for Daryl?  Do they offer him a job and he rejects it?  Do they have bigger, more sinister plans for Daryl?  Do they want to intentionally make him feel unwanted and make him leave, so that he will be snapped up by someone evil when he is out on the road? 

This is all very intriguing and I am very curious to see it play out.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

How many times have the actors seriously talked (in interviews or on Talking Dead) about Rick possibly having a romantic relationship with Daryl, Carol, Maggie or Sasha? How many times have they acknowledged those ships and had the actors, or producers, suggest it may be a possibility?

Do you have any links to the ones where they hinted at Rick and Michonne's possible future path? I think that's what you're saying you've seen, unless I'm misreading. I haven't seen any of this, and I'd be interested to. (I think that would qualify as spoilers, TPTB hinting at what might happen down the road, so I think this is the right place to post the question and links.)

I feel like, if Norman Reedus was off the show he'd get rid of the Daryl hair, and we know from recent photos that he hasn't.

I can also see Daryl refusing to stay at Alexandria and having an arc outside.

(Edited to fix "one big paragraph syndrome" for readability.)

Edited by BrokenRemote

All right, since this is spoilery spec...in the canon it is Glenn and Heath who go to DC, they see the scavengers led by Derek. Who throws one of his own to the walkers to help his gang escape. (Rude!) Glenn and Heath take off when they see this, on motorcycles, and Derek and co. manage to track them back to ASZ and Derek tries to get in, when Rick asks what he wants he says what do you think? little piggy little piggy let me in.

Anyhow, I put this in Spoilers because there is a spoiler photograph of Daryl filming the final episode of the season, #16 supersize and NR is riding a motorcycle. Have they switched Daryl and Glenn for that arc?

Absolutely they can. I just don't believe the undertones of the last few episodes, especially the last one, come across that way, especially when the show knows some fans are very interested in the relationship.

If they plan on bringing in a new love interest for Rick, then building up his connection with Michonne right beforehand is just going to lead to fan wars and hostility, and nasty comments directed toward the actors.

This is what happened with Beth/Daryl/Carol and I have this dread in me that it will happen again.

I dunno.  I honestly don't hate the idea of Michonne and Rick, but I don't think the writers think about shipping when they write the episodes.  This show isn't about that. The writers has never shown that Rick and Michonne feel anything toward each other besides mutual respect and a very close friendship. They certainly shouldn't compromise the story, simply because there may be a few angry fans.  

I loved their scenes because it shows that Rick trusts Michonne, probably more than any other person. If someone is looking for a romantic angle, that's fine and I certainly get it.  But, to the general audience (because the majority of audiences are not shippers), that was a touching scene between two people who trust each other. Hell, I'm just glad it was Michonne getting through to Rick and not Daryl.  About damn time this show started writing women as leaders. 

Edited by CatMomma

Knock Off the Shipping Arguments. Shipping tends to be one of the MOST controversial topics ever, along with Money, Politics, Religion and Beth apparently.

I've hidden some posts. Some may return, some may not, but in the meantime, move on from arguing back and forth on Shipping. Some do, some do not. That is all. This thread is to discuss SPOILERS and Speculation of those spoilers, not about The Walking Dead Ship Wars.

Thank you thank you thank you. The closest I ever come to worrying about shipping is wondering when I can find the time to redo the wiring for the running lights on my boat.

• Love 2

Not to continue the shipping discussion, mostly because I don't care about it, but I wonder if the Oxford English Dictionary has formally recognized the word "shipping"? I guess I could look it up; then again, I don't much care.  (Ah, it's Friday.)

Kikismom - I can definitely see Daryl having a story outside. As we all know, he doesn't fit in well, so they'll either not invite him in, or he'll chose to leave. I really see that. To me, the bigger question is who goes with him? Carol? Probably.  But what happens if the powers-that-be decline to invite Father Pee Pants and Eugene? Will Daryl let them hang on to his coat-tails?  (How will they all fit on the motorcycle. Maybe he'll find one with two side-cars!)

• Love 2

During Daryl's "eat worms" solo. I wondered if that's what he had done to stay alive when he was 9 and was lost. Did that bring back the cigarette burning (did that happen when he was young?). I'm wondering if he'll revert to being "better on my own" because of these people looking down on him?

I can see him not getting a job---as the spoilers say he won't---because he acts like Original Daryl at the "audition". The suggestion of "singing for his supper", having to get permission to do what someone assigns him, erases everything he built up over the last 3 years.

What's worse, I can see him going to Rick, for instance, saying let's go these are not our people and Rick responding are you crazy? I have Kids! Especially Judith, there's a doctor here and food with vitamins, just calm down and adjust give it a chance and Daryl feeling that like a betrayal.

• Love 2
Episode 5.13 - Forget
As Rick and the others continue to acclimate to their new surroundings, they consider a return to normalcy.

Episode 5.14 - Spend
While trying to secure a new home, Rick and his group face challenges, and question the utopia they find themselves in.

Episode 5.15 - Try
When life within the walls begins to mimic life outside, the group realizes that sheltered life may not be possible.

Episode 5.16 - Conquer
Daryl finds trouble while on a run; Rick and the group feel like outsiders in Alexandria, where trouble approaches the gates.

The Walking Dead - Episode 5.13 - 5.16 - Titles and Synopsis
Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, February 27, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/the-walking-dead-episode-513-514-titles.html
  • Love 1

Anyhow, I put this in Spoilers because there is a spoiler photograph of Daryl filming the final episode of the season, #16 supersize and NR is riding a motorcycle. Have they switched Daryl and Glenn for that arc?

Based on the synopsis, I'm thinking so. I hope Glenn does regular runs though. He finally got his groove back last episode, and the role he had in the comics would let him get some of the old Glenn back. I like both Daryl and Glenn, so I want them both to be badasses, but the show's not great about doing that.
  • Love 1

I hate to be negative but the episode re-caps for the remaining episodes sound like the same-old, same-old.

I am confused by the episode titled "Spend". That is such an odd word. I can't imagine how they will tie that word in.

Based on the synopsis, I'm thinking so. I hope Glenn does regular runs though. He finally got his groove back last episode, and the role he had in the comics would let him get some of the old Glenn back. I like both Daryl and Glenn, so I want them both to be badasses, but the show's not great about doing that.

Yeah, see in the GN, readers would have to accept Glenn going that way; but on the TV show, viewers would be thinking why would Glenn be the one on a motorcycle and not Daryl?

Because Daryl didn't exist in the comic.

But now they have to do something with him, and the GN gets so complicated and has so many intricate relationships, how could they shoehorn Daryl in? When it's a very loose group, the story can be fluid, but the ASZ arc is like a puzzle and all the pieces have to fit.

• Love 1

I am confused by the episode titled "Spend". That is such an odd word. I can't imagine how they will tie that word in.

Kikismom- You know a heck of lot more more than me about what's going on and what's about to go on, so I offer that as a caveat before asking: Could it be some kind of barter thing/service? You have to do "x" before we give you "y"? Like the hospital in a way, but here it's for more substantial things. Like, if you do "this" then you get to stay in a house. If you do only "that" you have to sleep in a tent nearer the walls, and nearer the walkers.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 1

Kikismom- You know a heck of lot more more than me about what's going on and what's about to go on, so I offer that as a caveat before asking: Could it be some kind of barter thing/service? You have to do "x" before we give you "y"? Like the hospital in a way, but here it's for more substantial things. Like, if you do "this" then you get to stay in a house. If you do only "that" you have to sleep in a tent nearer the walls, and nearer the walkers.

I know nothing. Ask anyone who works with me.

But since the episode synopsis implies challenge with this "utopia", I think you could be right...and just imagine how our group has always shared whatever they had, and nobody hoarded, and nobody expected "compensation".

Could you imagine them hearing that you can eat---we just deduct it from your pay? Or baby diapers or whatever?

In the wayback days, I had family that worked in Pennsylvania coal mines, and you lived in quarters and shopped at the "company store"...which succeeded in charging so much they got all their payroll back. You couldn't go elsewhere because they paid you in "scrip"; like vouchers, Plus, trying to shop elsewhere was bad for job security. So people were trapped without cells or chains. The coal mine owners were rich and ran the cops, so you had little recourse.

I can see people, just as Gareth and crew, starting with great intentions of helping others, but in different ways realizing hey we could really have power over lots of people with this, I wonder if...

That's not canon.  But even if the terms and conditions of ASZ are not usury, it could still be impossible to adjust to not simply passing around the water bottle or the pecans or the doggie liver.

Here's the big thing: if the don't give Daryl a job; maybe he couldn't pay, and he'd have to rely on others sneaking food from the "cafeteria" (if possible) to feed him and how humiliating that would be. Not to mention that's a good way to cut someone undesirable out:

yes bring in that group although we don't like the one guy, the rest won't come in without him, but once they're in just close him out and he'll have to leave and the others will be getting so comfy they won't leave with him in protest.

Remember: Daryl-at-ASZ has no precedent in the GN. The show has to move him out somehow IMHO. He could still be on the show, teaming up elsewhere...but he could be killed off. Being the season finale, they don't resume filming for season 6 until May

That would give TPTB plenty of time after the Season 5 finale to gauge reaction to Daryl being exiled. There may be several different versions being prepared of next season's opening episode----and cast.

• Love 2

It seems like something 'special' has got to be happening in the final episode of this season to warrant the extra half-hour added on (even though half of that will be eaten up by commercials).  Not blatantly 'good special' or 'bad special,' necessarily, but just something significant and out of the ordinary.  (It will be "a very special episode" of TWD.  Lol.)  It can't just be the usual horde of walkers/roamers popping up for a nice snack, leaving everyone to scramble to and fro.   That's old hat by now.   

So it would either have to be some sort of startling event that takes place in "Conquer" (or emergence of a new evil force), or the departure of one of the gang.  Daryl could just get on that motorcycle and ride off into the distance, never to be heard from again, I suppose.  Or, he could be captured by Negan or some other baddie -- and we won't find out his fate until next season.   (as kikismom said, TPTB have plenty of time to figure out what to do with Daryl, etc., before Season 6.)

What I wonder is how Carol will fit into all of this.  If she is the one telling Rick or whoever that they will get weak by staying at ASZ, that makes it appear as though she is not fully comfortable there either.  Maybe she has suspicions and doubts that are not being alleviated.  If she and Daryl are on the same page, then I wonder if she would leave with him if he decided to go.

I can't picture Rick letting Daryl feel like he doesn't fit in -- they're "brothers," after all -- and not trying to include him.  (Then again, maybe he is too busy, ahem,  'getting his hair cut and his beard shaved' that he doesn't notice.)  So then, if there is no nefarious interference or new villains at play, I wonder if Daryl leaves the group without telling anyone.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

So, after all this time and growth on Carol's part, to where she can survive on her own and take out walkers and rescue the whole damn group, guess what her job is supposed to be at ASZ?

Feeding the elderly.

Yep, she's back on babysitting duty.  Wonder if she also has to change their diapers?

What a waste of a good character.  Stupid show.

• Love 2

I know that Daryl isn't in the comics, but at this point aren't Sasha and Carol non-existent too?    I'm guessing Sasha is taking over for Andrea, and I'm hoping that Daryl takes over for Abe as in Abe bites the big one soon.

• Love 1

I know that Daryl isn't in the comics, but at this point aren't Sasha and Carol non-existent too?    I'm guessing Sasha is taking over for Andrea, and I'm hoping that Daryl takes over for Abe as in Abe bites the big one soon.

I'm hoping Sasha takes over for Andrea. In many ways :-)

• Love 1

Carol is long dead and Sasha didn't exist.  

I know the ASZ storyline has a lot of puzzle pieces that need to fit but I don't think those pieces are so tight that Daryl needs to be excluded for it to work.  He wasn't around for Hershel's farm, the prison/Woodbury, or the Hunters/Terminus either and they slotted him in just fine.  They're already changing up the ASZ characters from the comics - it appears Douglas is out and Deanna is taking his place.  That might free up Regina (if they're going to have her at all) for other things as well.  I can see them adding more original characters including someone to have a relationship with Daryl.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2

As many of us have suspected:

http://undeadwalking.com/2015/02/28/sasha-amc-version-walking-dead-comics-andrea/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RecentPosts

Then, this happens:

http://undeadwalking.com/2015/02/28/rick-andrew-lincoln-butt-nude-walking-dead-spoiler/

Since AL has done that quite a bit in his past work, am I a cynic for thinking he suggested it to the director? Of course he would never be behind such a thing.

• Love 2
(edited)

I saw an article that mentioned a 2013 comment where he said he wanted to show his ass but they didn't seem interested and he wondered if it was because he was 40. 

Of any guys on this show, I would have most wanted to have seen Shane's ass (he did show his ass quite a bit, but not in the way that counted...), but Rick's not a bad choice either. 

I tend to agree that a lot of this sounds like the usual (the episode descriptions), although it makes sense that the group wouldn't fit into the safe zone (and if they did fans would call it Farm 2.0 and hate it). I just hope they will stay there and rebuild it next season if an attack levels it, instead of leaving again. 

I think the safe zone gives them a chance to show various character-building snippets of most of the cast in these last episodes of the season, especially Tara, Eugene, Noah, Gabriel. I hope the show will let that happen. 

I've heard some complaints about Carol taking care of older people and how this means the show sees her as weak, but I like that they don't need to put Carol in a generic "badass" role. Carol has always taken care of people as best she saw fit. This won't make her go back to meekly standing on the side any more than becoming a mother to Mika and Lizzie made her.

That article about Andrea = Sasha was interesting. I've seen a few similarities, but then I've seen Maggie and Carol called the new Andrea too. Michonne as well at times. I think they've just divided up many of her moments in the comics. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2

I'm just happy Rick gets a shower.   IMO, he's the stinkiest one, closely followed by Daryl.   Glenn likely smells faintly of peaches, and I'd rather it was his butt, but no one asked me. 

• Love 2

I've heard some complaints about Carol taking care of older people and how this means the show sees her as weak, but I like that they don't need to put Carol in a generic "badass" role. Carol has always taken care of people as best she saw fit.

After giving it more thought, it's possible that Carol is assigned to take care of the elderly because they are the most likely to turn and need a K-Bar Q-tip.

• Love 2

I saw an article that mentioned a 2013 comment where he said he wanted to show his ass but they didn't seem interested and he wondered if it was because he was 40. 

Of any guys on this show, I would have most wanted to have seen Shane's ass (he did show his ass quite a bit, but not in the way that counted...), but Rick's not a bad choice either. 

Do not open links if you get offended easily.

I will predict that we see something like this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uzpKSwvPzqk/TODUOmBIruI/AAAAAAAAAlg/Q7IJHp8gSH8/s1600/andrew-lincoln5.jpg

But not anything like this:  http://www.manhuntdaily.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/alpha/a/Andrew-Lincoln-naked-nude-butt-ass-dick-cock-full-frontal-nudity-The-Walking-Dead-2.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

I have a Walking Dead news alert set up, and I've gotten more and more of these articles with so-called spoilers that Daryl isn't given a job at the ASZ and extrapolating that he's going to leave the show based on that.

I still don't see that happening. I can see him leaving and going off alone outside--that way there are still "scary outside world walkers and excitement" stories to counteract the complaints of those who are doubtless going to feel that it's Season 2 all over again because the gang is settled.

Sorry if I missed someone already posting this, but a spoiler article today also claimed there will be a scene where Carol tells Daryl to shower or she'll turn the hose on him. Sounds possible--I can see him refusing to shower even once they can.

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 1

Ahhh..I am watching "the Distance and when Sasha looks at the following walkers and says we could take them, Michonne says No, Rick's right, we hardly have anything left no good spending it now.

It would seem more natural, IMO, to say "no good wasting it now"  or  "no good using it up now"

Maybe just a coincidence, but referring either to how much ammo they have...or how much strength to fight they have, it struck me as an interesting word to choose.

• Love 2

Ahhh..I am watching "the Distance and when Sasha looks at the following walkers and says we could take them, Michonne says No, Rick's right, we hardly have anything left no good spending it now.

It would seem more natural, IMO, to say "no good wasting it now"  or  "no good using it up now"

Maybe just a coincidence, but referring either to how much ammo they have...or how much strength to fight they have, it struck me as an interesting word to choose.

My take was Michonne was referring to the expenditure of energy.  And, judging how wobbly some were just keeping their feet under them (ex. Glenn), it was a good call.

Several interviews with TF - I couldn't decide if they were spoilerish or not, so just in case...

‘Walking Dead’ Q&A: Tovah Feldshuh On Playing Alexandria Leader Deanna Monroe and Rick’s Big Shave
MARCH 1, 2015 | 07:00PM PT  Geoff Berkshire
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/walking-dead-tovah-feldshuh-deanna-monroe-alexandria-interview-1201444130/

Meet Deanna: The Walking Dead leader of Alexandria (a.k.a. Tovah Feldshuh) speaks!
BY DALTON ROSS • Posted February 28 2015 — 2:20 PM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/28/meet-deanna-walking-dead-leader-alexandria-aka-tovah-feldshuh-speaks

'Walking Dead': Meet the Queen of Alexandria
7:00 PM PST 3/1/2015 by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-who-is-deanna-778486

• Love 1

When I had originally started the Aaron thread, it was called Aaron---He's In The Zone.

I was tipped that this might get a complaint (sigh) that the show hadn't actually used that name in spoken dialogue yet so maybe I was spoiling.

Now, if you know ASZ is in the comic, you have read the comic and can't be spoiled.

If you don't read the GN, you wouldn't get any plot twists without being aware of what happens at ASZ in the comic.

However, I agree that it's not worth the hassle and so the mod fixed it for me and it was a fine substitute as far as I'm concerned, but the cat's out of the bag now.

For about 2 weeks though, we couldn't post anything without a spoiler protest so why even open that can of worms.

• Love 2
(edited)

kikismom --

I understand the frustration, as sometimes it can be tricky to think about exactly what is a spoiler and what isn't, what's okay to mention and what's not, and in which threads it can be mentioned.  Sometimes it gets too complicated, exhausting and disruptive to the natural flow of conversation to try to think about it.

Just as a related side note -- although we're not dealing with the issue of a GN over in the Better Call Saul forum, there is a similar (ongoing) dialogue there about the fact that BCS is so intertwined with Breaking Bad that it's hard to not refer to BB or mention certain details from BB when watching a BCS episode.  The reminders are there in almost every BCS episode, though some are more subtle than others.  There was a BB-free zone/separate thread created for viewers who happen to be watching BCS but never saw BB (small group though that may be), and don't want to know about it, and yet the thread is not very active.  Most folks want to post in the episode threads, which is where the BB references are allowed to come up.  As you can imagine, there has been some protest about the free use of BB references.  It's a slippery slope, and it makes my brain hurt!  Lol.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

If you want to make life really difficult, check out the Game of Thrones forum.  An entire section for those who want NO spoilers of anything at all, plus threads for book spoilers but not TV spoilers, TV spoilers but not book spoilers, spoilers for books that are not yet published, spoilers for TV and books...it's entertaining to say the least.

• Love 9

If you want to make life really difficult, check out the Game of Thrones forum. An entire section for those who want NO spoilers of anything at all, plus threads for book spoilers but not TV spoilers, TV spoilers but not book spoilers, spoilers for books that are not yet published, spoilers for TV and books...it's entertaining to say the least.

I watch Game of Thrones without reading the books, and I've only visited that forum once. I just couldn't deal.

I watch The Walking Dead without reading the graphic novels, and I love this forum. All y'all rock.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've about had it with all of the annual season finale and mid-season finale teasers from various TWD cast members and crew, warning us to have tissues handy and that we will have dramatic reactions and so on.  Didn't Norman Reedus talk about how the tears would be flowing over what turned out to be Beth's predictable death episode?  I know that Gale Anne Hurd thought we would all be basket cases after Beth's demise.

Now we need even more Kleenex? 

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/03/walking-dead-season-finale/

I'm not falling for it this time, show!  If anything -- worst case scenario -- Daryl might leave the group and ride off into the sunset, encounter some trouble while riding, escape, and keep on riding far, far away.  I doubt that anything sob-worthy (like another major death) is coming, or else it likely would have leaked out in some way, even just by default or loose lips.  One day they may fool all of us and really keep something totally secret, but probably not this time.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

I watch Game of Thrones without reading the books, and I've only visited that forum once. I just couldn't deal.

To be clear, there are some really great discussions in that forum, it's just tricky to navigate to find them.

The Kleenex brigade:  I'm going to guess Noah and possibly Tara are going to get snuffed.  I almost want to see Daryl have a date with Lucille, that would leave some jaws on the floor.

• Love 1

To be clear, there are some really great discussions in that forum, it's just tricky to navigate to find them.

The Kleenex brigade:  I'm going to guess Noah and possibly Tara are going to get snuffed.  I almost want to see Daryl have a date with Lucille, that would leave some jaws on the floor.

If they were going to kill Daryl I don't think it would be in the season finale...They'd be worried about ratings for the next season's premier, and with his popularity that could be a ratings killer.  People would have time to emotionally remove themselves from the show.

• Love 1

The Kleenex brigade: I'm going to guess Noah and possibly Tara are going to get snuffed. I almost want to see Daryl have a date with Lucille, that would leave some jaws on the floor.

Didn't the actor who plays Noah get cast on another show? I agree he's probably a goner. I don't see any of the more major characters dying this season.
  • Love 1

I'm hoping that the character who causes me to run for the Kleenex box is Coral's Hat...except I won't be shedding tears when and if it ever dies.  I will be dancing a jig of joy.  It needs to go.  I hated it when it first landed on his head, and I hate it now.  He is a growing boy so his head would have to grow, but that hat seems to have gotten larger over the years too.  How is that possible?  Die, Hat, die!

I'm hoping that the character who causes me to run for the Kleenex box is Coral's Hat...except I won't be shedding tears when and if it ever dies.  I will be dancing a jig of joy.  It needs to go.  I hated it when it first landed on his head, and I hate it now.  He is a growing boy so his head would have to grow, but that hat seems to have gotten larger over the years too.  How is that possible?  Die, Hat, die!

Well, the hat was Rick's, so it's plenty big.

My biggest speculation re: Carl is how much longer Chandler Riggs will want to do the show. I don't follow him on social media or anything, but he seems pretty enthusiastic about the show. However, teenagers' interests can change at the drop of a hat. (Pun intended.) According to IMDB, he turns 16 in June.

(edited)

Well, the hat was Rick's, so it's plenty big.

My biggest speculation re: Carl is how much longer Chandler Riggs will want to do the show. I don't follow him on social media or anything, but he seems pretty enthusiastic about the show. However, teenagers' interests can change at the drop of a hat. (Pun intended.) According to IMDB, he turns 16 in June.

Operative phrase:  The hat was Rick's.  It hasn't been Rick's for years (well, years in terms of the viewers' time, but not years in terms of the actual story, I suppose).  Rick's noggin was never tremendously large to begin with, but the hat has grown as Carl's head has grown!  Carl should have grown into the original size of the hat (which was always oversized on his head), but now it still looks oversized on his larger head!  The hat has taken on a life of its own -- it must be destroyed!

Hopefully Chandler realizes that being on a mega-hit show is pretty rare in the grand scheme of life, and that he should ride that gravy train as far as it will take him.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 4