Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I think the thing about calling ASZ a spoiler was because people were using the term a couple weeks ago in non-spoiler threads, at a time we weren't supposed to know such a place existed. I definitely saw one or two along the lines of "can't wait to see what happens when they get to the ASZ". I was already spoiled but those who weren't didn't know a walled in town was coming up, and might have gone to google to see what ASZ stood for and been sorry.

I commented on it in one of the episode threads, how I thought people should be careful, but deleted my comment after the spoilers were gone because it made no sense then. So I'm guessing maybe someone who said it or saw it too soon might be cautious now whether the acronym is ok. Just my take.

If they were going to kill Daryl I don't think it would be in the season finale...They'd be worried about ratings for the next season's premier, and with his popularity that could be a ratings killer.  People would have time to emotionally remove themselves from the show.

Good point.  If they off him at all it would probably be at a mid-season finale.  Give the shock time to resonate but come back quickly enough to not lose too many viewers.

• Love 1

I was drawn to the one with all of Rick's human kills. I counted 19. When Rick said he didn't know how many he's killed last episode, I though around a dozen. It's chilling to go back and watch them all and realize he's killed 19 other people. This really is a dark F-ing show.

• Love 2

I was drawn to the one with all of Rick's human kills. I counted 19. When Rick said he didn't know how many he's killed last episode, I though around a dozen. It's chilling to go back and watch them all and realize he's killed 19 other people. This really is a dark F-ing show.

When he said he didn't know how many he killed the first thing I thought was the Gov's line.....Liar

• Love 1

When he said he didn't know how many he killed the first thing I thought was the Gov's line.....Liar

LOL.

Reminds me of when Rick and Shane are talking about getting rid of Randall. Rick asks Shane what it must be like to kill someone

it can't be easy can it? Which was supposed to be a little hint about Otis, except Rick had blown away Dave and Tony (Liar!)

I think Deanna got really turned on when Rick said that. This could get fun if she has the hots for him.

• Love 1

Fun spoilery stuff for episode 13 (stuff correct at the time of posting and subject to change if more info comes in):

CREDIT: Baby Judith

-Sasha wakes up looking at a family portrait left behind in her new house. She takes the pictures outside the Safe zone and uses them as target practice. She then sits on a tree stump and quietly says to herself “come and get me”.
-At the place where Rick hid his gun in the previous episode, Rick, Daryl and Carol are plotting to steal some weapons that were taken from them upon arriving to ASZ.
-Towards the end of the episode, Aaron invites Daryl into his house for some dinner. He then shows him his garage that is full of old motorcycle parts. He tells Daryl that his job is replacing Eric as a recruiter, because he knows how to take care of himself and that he knows the good people from bad. Daryl starts to take a liking to Aaron.

Looks like Sasha is just a tad unhinged.  
Hey Rick, maybe have your secret pow-wow someplace else? They're watching your movements, especially since they already took your gun from the blender you left at that exact spot.

Aaron and Daryl bonding?  Aw!

• Love 2

Tovah Feldshuh interview sounds like Alexandria is a model community...and then she drops the line about gene pool and procreating. :-D

She also says "I assume to be on this show for a long time." Way to get yourself killed lady.

A little speculation....I think if they go the battered woman route with Jessie it will be Carol that discovers it when she's helping fix dinner or something for them.  

• Love 1
(edited)
He tells Daryl that his job is replacing Eric as a recruiter, because he knows how to take care of himself and that he knows the good people from bad.

I guess it's a good thing he wasn't around when Daryl was with the Claimers...if it hadn't been Rick, Carl and Michonne they'd stumbled upon, I'm still not sure Daryl would have turned against them.

Daryl is an emo antisocial mess these days who spends his time self-harming and cutting up critters for mealtimes. I can't imagine him selling Alexandria to much of anyone. I wonder if Aaron is just giving him this job to keep an eye on him.

Daryl starts to take a liking to Aaron.

No wonder we're getting yet another round of, "Is Daryl gay?" press coverage. 

I know it's not happening, as Kirkman denied Daryl was gay, but after all the depressing and soul-destroying fan wars over Caryl and Bethyl, if Daryl hooked up with Aaron, I would be so thrilled I'd make a damn fanvid for them myself. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1
(edited)
What’s coming up on The Walking Dead? — Elizabeth

Not everyone is adjusting to normalcy very well. That will be especially apparent when Deanna gathers everyone for a welcome party. Rick will use the night as an opportunity to put his ultimate plan in motion, while Daryl will find a new friend who may actually understand him.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Jane, Bones, Once, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS   Posted March 6 2015 — 2:52 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/06/spoiler-room-scoop-jane-bones-once-and-more

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Walking-Dead-BTS-01-EW.com-Gene-PageAMC-screenshot-2014-09-16-at-1-16-19-pm-leak

One of the points led to a picture of Rick standing inside the compound, next to the wall, and I could clearly see a pile of steel girders behind him. Did anyone else see that?

Are those the steel girders you saw, even if Rick isn't in this picture? Look bottom right of the photograph.

Walking-Dead-BTS-01-EW.com-Gene-PageAMC-screenshot-2014-09-16-at-1-16-19-pm-leak

Are those the steel girders you saw, even if Rick isn't in this picture? Look bottom right of the photograph.

No, they aren't.  It was inside the compound. But this looks interesting - whatever the hell is going on there.

• Love 1
(edited)

Daryl is an emo antisocial mess these days who spends his time self-harming and cutting up critters for mealtimes. I can't imagine him selling Alexandria to much of anyone. I wonder if Aaron is just giving him this job to keep an eye on him.

Emphasis on "these days." I think Daryl needs to feel useful again, and he could probably use some time away from The Peoples Republic of Alexandria, too. I see him as feeling caged in that community at the moment. Also he doesn't necessarily have to sell Alexandria to anyone, he'll be scouting and surveilling. A good use of talents, imo. We did see him (and Glenn?) happen upon Bob and invite him to join the group at the prison. This isn't so terribly different.

Edited by maystone

I don't think I saw this mentioned here, but if it was and I have already forgotten, forgive me for repeating what has already been covered.

It seems like the actual words used for the finale synopsis have people confused on Spoil the Dead (I was skimming a few different threads there a couple of days ago).  At one point, in some publication or another, the season finale synopsis said that Daryl runs into trouble while "on a run," and in another publication the synopsis said "while on the run" (if I am not mistaken).  Is that correct? 

As someone pointed out on Spoil the Dead, there is a big difference between "a run" and "the run."   If Daryl is out on A run, he is probably doing his job.  However, is he being ambushed or set up by someone at ASZ?  Did someone send him out on a run with the intention of getting him attacked, so that he wouldn't come back to ASZ?

If Daryl is on THE run, what or who is running from?  Does he escape ASZ as the rest of the gang is about to get attacked by a ravenous horde or something?   Does he just leave because he hates ASZ and happens to run into danger?

Whatever the case, it sounds as if Daryl is running into trouble -- whether it's planned trouble by a nefarious force or unintended trouble -- as he is separated from the group, who are also probably going to be in danger at ASZ from some force or another.

I think someone on the STD site also pondered if Daryl would run into Morgan while recruiting, or if he or Morgan would end up killing each other because they don't know that the other one is a good guy.

I wonder if the kid that Carol scared off is a huge foreshadowing.  It seems like the finale will be the giant zombie outbreak.  Wonder if the kid would be torn apart like what happened in the comics.

• Love 2

I wonder if the kid that Carol scared off is a huge foreshadowing.  It seems like the finale will be the giant zombie outbreak.  Wonder if the kid would be torn apart like what happened in the comics.

If not a zombie outbreak, but very possibly a group of marauders (the Wolves).

(edited)

Sneak peek of Drunk Pete slurring out an offer to give Rick's kids a checkup: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=15JVLOAADKE

From piecing the clips together it looks like Eugene is pushed into some kind of shit-gets-real situation which he tries to avoid because he is "not combat ready" and he is right, hence "I take no responsibility for this" and someone, maybe Tobin or Aiden, is the one who says "You should have listened to me." Tara is definitely with him and they discuss his cowardice; Noah may be there and I'm guessing he dies (hope not) since he signed on for some other show. Also, Abraham apparently is working in construction and they cut that scene.

http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2015-03-06-what-happens-episode-14-spend (fair warning, this link is very comic spoiler heavy)

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

So...a lot of us were figuring with Sasha's sniper skills that she would become Andrea...now that Spencer has a possible crush on her, doesn't that pretty much confirm?

What's your opinion?

• Love 1

So...a lot of us were figuring with Sasha's sniper skills that she would become Andrea...now that Spencer has a possible crush on her, doesn't that pretty much confirm?

I think Sasha heading off to the steeple at the end of the last episode is all the confirmation necessary as to who is assuming Andrea's sniper role.

• Love 1

I think Sasha heading off to the steeple at the end of the last episode is all the confirmation necessary as to who is assuming Andrea's sniper role.

Nonono...:-)

I didn't say Andrea's sniper role...tricky, I should have been more clear.

I think we all agreed she would become the sniper, but TWD often splits up a role from the GN and shares out parts of it.

I think some of us wondered if Sasha would take all of the Andrea role...including upcoming romantic liaisons.

cough cough.

I do think they showed that he has a possible thing for her (I thought the poster was referring to other romantic liaisons with Andrea's character), but I'm not sure if it was setting anything up or just showing how out of place Sasha feels.

• Love 1

Here's my new thinking: Daryl dies in the last episode this season. He dies saving Aaron ( and possibly Eric). And it won't be Walkers. It'll be the Wolves.

Speaking of the Wolves, you'd think that Aaron would be aware of that group out there. This is his turf, and he has shown that he's outside quite a bit.

• Love 1

Here's my new thinking: Daryl dies in the last episode this season. He dies saving Aaron ( and possibly Eric). And it won't be Walkers. It'll be the Wolves.

Speaking of the Wolves, you'd think that Aaron would be aware of that group out there. This is his turf, and he has shown that he's outside quite a bit.

I'm worried about that, and think you may be onto something.  I was listening to a podcast yesterday and in their spoiler section they said that Norman Reedus said that the finale would have you emotionally torn apart and yelling at the tv (I'm paraphrasing).  Darryl dying would elicit that type of response from many viewers.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there has been a lot of media focus on NR/Darryl and his future, plus his characterization being fleshed out a bit more on the show. It's hard to explain this feeling I've got in my gut. It just seems like something is coming for him... and I'm scared! 

• Love 2

Another new thought: the W, it's not Wolves. It's Wolverines! Charlie Sheen is going to guest star.

I always thought that Daryl would die saving Rick, in some massive showdown. But now, I think that might be too predictable. I can now see him dying saving his new BFF, Aaron. With all the ups and downs he's had with people, with Carol, and Beth, and Merle, and the Claimers. I can see him really coming to like and trust Aaron and, against his better judgment and . . Oops, bye bye.

• Love 3

Another new thought: the W, it's not Wolves. It's Wolverines! Charlie Sheen is going to guest star.

I'll do you one better. It's wombats, and they lay destruction in their wake with their square-shaped poop, just like a wombat. The W is just to doubly mark their territory and send a message: beware the square.

Edited by Mindy McIndy
  • Love 3

It's Wario. He's heard that Carl doesn't like some of his video games. Wario and Waluigi ransack Alexandria and the characters realize with horror that they've been in a video game the whole time.

As for Daryl, while his sacrificing his life for a gay man would make me proud (if Archie Andrews can do it...) and would make bigots melt down, I just have a tough time believing he will ever leave. I know Norman has a movie and other projects, but I doubt he'd leave at this point, nor do I think the show would let him go.

• Love 5

So Aidan (or is it Aiden?) and Noah are supposedly dead meat (literally) this coming Sunday, according to Spoil the Dead's sources... but the ominous "90-minute finale" in a couple of weeks looms large. 

I don't put much stock in the 'keep your tissues handy' and 'you'll be throwing things at your TV screen' warnings anymore because -- let's face it -- no one from the cast or crew is going to say, "Yeah... the finale is a boring, slow episode and no one that you actually care about is going to die."  They obviously want to hype up whatever is going to happen, even if it just ends up that Rick hooks up with Jessie, or yet another walker horde closes in, or something along those lines. 

Though he will supposedly encounter some trouble while he's away from ASZ, I don't think Daryl will die just yet (not at that specific point in the series).  It could be that he gets abducted and we are left with an awful cliffhanger, wondering about Daryl's fate until October.   Something tells me that's what will happen.   (And then, reports and sightings will trickle in as soon as the cast begins shooting again, so we should know way before October if anyone has seen NR on the set.)

Or, Daryl could just wander off.  I keep going back to what Norman Reedus (or one of the other cast/crew) said a year or so ago about hoping that Daryl could just kind of walk off into the distance and never come back.  I don't think it's time for that kind of melancholy, soul-searching, quiet departure just yet, though.  One or two weeks ago I might have thought that Daryl would walk off into the distance to get away from ASZ.  He still might walk off into the distance eventually, but probably not in an episode where he runs into trouble and the rest of the gang encounters trouble at ASZ.. 

Something tells me that if Daryl runs into trouble (new bad guys) while out on "a run" or out on "the run" in the finale, if he escapes that trouble he will probably try to head back to ASZ to warn everyone that there are new villains running wild in the woods -- but he may not make it to ASZ before the gang gets attacked by a horde or something.  I'm inclined to think that the cliffhanger might be twofold -- Daryl simultaneously gets into trouble and we don't know what happens to him, and trouble also descends on ASZ.

Or, maybe the season will end with another awkward cocktail party.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Poor Noah. It just feels like a huge waste. I wish they'd had some of his relatives survive and have him leave with them. I guess the fans who insist he killed Beth and Tyreese can have a party. As I used to say when I was 10 (OK I still say it now)...whatever!

• Love 4

Poor Noah. It just feels like a huge waste. I wish they'd had some of his relatives survive and have him leave with them. I guess the fans who insist he killed Beth and Tyreese can have a party. As I used to say when I was 10 (OK I still say it now)...whatever!

It really does seem like a huge waste.  His character was never really developed or given the chance to bond with anyone other than Beth.  We learned a little bit about him back at the hospital, and we know that he was, unfortunately, abused in that same hospital.   Beyond that, Noah didn't have much to do or say.

• Love 2

It really does seem like a huge waste. His character was never really developed or given the chance to bond with anyone other than Beth. We learned a little bit about him back at the hospital, and we know that he was, unfortunately, abused in that same hospital. Beyond that, Noah didn't have much to do or say.

I figured Noah was a goner since Tyler James Williams was cast in the Criminal Minds spinoff, but I wish they'd just had him die in the hospital along with Beth or go on his own way or something. I liked him enough I'd like to have seen him developed, but since they didn't develop him I don't really care if he dies.

I figured Aiden would bite it because he's a dumbass, but not this quick. I'm interested to see how Deanna reacts.

• Love 5

If Noah is beaten to death by Negan it would signify the same sort of brutal death of a really good person that Glenn's did in the comics, and it would be good cause to throw things at the TV. My stomach is getting nervous thinking about it. I'm attached to my TV people.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Poor Noah. It just feels like a huge waste. I wish they'd had some of his relatives survive and have him leave with them.

I figured Noah was a goner since Tyler James Williams was cast in the Criminal Minds spinoff, but I wish they'd just had him die in the hospital along with Beth or go on his own way or something.

I think the writers painted themselves into a corner with this one.

First they needed a way to quickly have Daryl and Carol find out where Beth was. Enter Noah.

Then they needed a reason for Beth to die (which was an epic fail as far as reasoning IMHO, and Beth killed Beth. "I get it" Well the rest of us don't. To this day.)

Then they need an excuse to go north, but if Noah actually did find his family, as would have be one nice scene, they'd have to join Rick's group.

Otherwise, how would Noah and his family go on their own? Unfortunately it was already established that CDB were barely surviving--and that was before they ate dogs.

How could Noah who was cooped up in Grady keep his Mom etc. alive on the road.

Go where?

So the writers already know the cast is going to inflate when they join ASZ, they'd have to write even more storylines for more characters; but they can't even give enough lines right now to Tara, Michonne, Eugene, Father PP, Rosita, etc.

They opened the Noah solution and couldn't get out of it.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

I'm sad, even though I knew from filming spoilers that Noah was a goner.  I thought the character had potential, and I really like the actor.  I'm glad he found a really good gig though - much luck to him.  Poor Glenn will have some sads about watching that death.

We'll get some woman pain from Deanna when she finds out about Aiden.  And I can only hope that Dr. Pete doesn't have to try to save Tara's life.  Somehow I don't think he's the doctor our group should have.

• Love 2

This is the thread I can say it in. It must be said.

Judith has to die soon.

I don't want this, but it has to happen.

gg1PT.jpg  e47b4ed6c0b2e65bf006300c13025eb2.jpgmxkl3jgebxr1bgmhwc97.jpg

The baby is not only not growing, she is possibly getting smaller.

They can't do this show with a toddler, babbling and walking and shrieking and the tipping point is now. This is about how long they can continue to pretend this kid can remain in infancy...especially with Carl shooting up like a sunflower.Unless they do a Bewitched where Tabitha goes from a baby to talking to kindergarten and skips everything in between.

Get your kleenex ready. This will be a Very Special Episode,  It Was The Acorns That Done It.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

I'd reckon that Judith has to be one of the most hotly-debated topics in the writing room.  What a shit-storm if they let her die! But it'll be the only way to deal with so many other problems. (And when I say "deal with" I don't mean that in such a ruthless way as it sounds.)

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 2

I've always thought that Judith seems to be remarkably quiet (most of the time) for a baby.  Considering all of the things going haywire around her -- scary walkers everywhere; yelling; running; gunshots; fires; being handed from person to person and probably being confused about who or where mommy and daddy are; an overall feeling of doom, etc. -- she barely cries in the grand scheme of things.  She can't be getting proper nutrition or sleep a lot of the time, so she's got to be hungry and tired quite often.

I think that Judith is not long for the ZA world, but I tend to think that the writers won't have her die onscreen, at the hands of a terrible villain or something.  It may happen off-camera, or it may be implied.  Or, she could die as the result of a terrible accident -- perhaps someone in the group is supposed to be watching her and then something awful happens when they're not looking.

• Love 2