Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

They're going to say things are "SHOCKING" and "UNEXPECTED" for the finales and midseason finales of each season just because that's how these kinds of shows are hyped.  It's just the usual noise.

As for "unexpected," I think she's speaking about the casual viewers.  There are about 14 million people who watch the show, only a tiny percentage read print or online articles about the show and a tinier percentage still, maybe a few thousand people, follow spoilers.  Beth may be likelier to die than Rick but Carol is the obvious choice to many casual viewers and there are other candidates that casual viewers could  realistically consider as well.  Beth's death probably would be unexpected for many, especially if it happens in an unusual or startling way.

TPTB were not happy that the Beth death spoiler got out.  I heard AMC had investigators contact the spoiler sites and a couple of its members trying to track down the source so it's something they wanted to keep under wraps.  

Of course, the unexpected stuff might not have to do with Beth at all.  There will be other things going on.  What if Michonne goes and rescues Father Pee-Pants and they have a torrid make-out session.  Now THAT would be unexpected! 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 4

Two things made me ignore Gale Ann Hurd.

She said in an interview "This show is about Carl".

On TTD after Self-Help, she stared continuously at Josh McDermitt with this expression like he was the Baby Jesus.

In the sense that he is (aside from Judith) the youngest, most innocent character, and we've seen the world make him colder and torn him apart, I can see what she meant.

They're going to say things are "SHOCKING" and "UNEXPECTED" for the finales and midseason finales of each season just because that's how these kinds of shows are hyped.  It's just the usual noise.

As for "unexpected," I think she's speaking about the casual viewers.  There are about 14 million people who watch the show, only a tiny percentage read print or online articles about the show and a tinier percentage still, maybe a few thousand people, follow spoilers.  Beth may be likelier to die than Rick but Carol is the obvious choice to many casual viewers and there are other candidates that casual viewers could  realistically consider as well.  Beth's death probably would be unexpected for many, especially if it happens in an unusual or startling way.

I agree. These are mostly PR for the viewers who don't follow every clue. It's the same reason why they still insist Daryl could die, even though most people know that is never going to happen unless Norman quits or the show is winding down.

More speculation than spoiler, but one can't be too careful.

'The Walking Dead's' Norman Reedus: 'We'll Do Anything to Get' Beth & Carol Back!

[T]he thing with Tyreese is we just don't want him to fall apart. ... [Rick's] drawing a plan on the ground and I don't think he really notices Tyreese sort of losing his sh**... Daryl catches that so he just sort of says that and Tyreese gives him a little nod like, 'Thank you,' and it's kind of like, 'Don't make a big deal about it. Hold it together.'"

Tyreese did not "lose his shit" in "Crossed," so I can only assume it's going to happen in "Coda."

Edited by editorgrrl

The second half of the season wrapped last Friday.  I happen to work in the area where TWD is filmed and EK was seen by several people including me .

At this point, I'm so over the 'shipper wars and the obession with killing this character, that I'd love for the showrunners to have completely pulled a fast one and let her live just to watch the fallout.

BTW, she is absolutely tiny in real life and very pretty.

She could just be back for flashbacks or for a ghostly visit, right?

I actually hope she lives. I'm just wondering.

I don't know what to think. My gut says her story isn't over yet, but we know someone is going to die and so many have said she's going. It would also keep Daryl's manpain tour going if one of his women (you know what I mean) dies. And it would be some type of horrible dramatic irony if the rescue mission to save Beth ends up causing her death. Or maybe she goes back to save Noah or to save some of the women or patients.

Is Tyreese supposed to die in this episode or later in the season?

I keep wondering if they are going to surprise us and poor baby Judith gets eaten by walkers led to the church because of Gabriel.

• Love 1

Tyreese is supposed to die when they hit Shirewilt Estates in ep 9 or 10, can't remember. Yes to one of Daryl's ladies dying to continue his "manpain tour" as you so aptly put it. I'm getting really sick and tired of these fake-out deaths by the way, as kikismom mentioned. If someone dies tonight I want to see their lifeless body, either full of bullet holes like swiss cheese or gnawed on by a pack of zeds. It's gruesome, yes, but that's what TWD has done to me!

Edited by JBody
  • Love 5

The second half of the season wrapped last Friday.  I happen to work in the area where TWD is filmed and EK was seen by several people including me .

At this point, I'm so over the 'shipper wars and the obession with killing this character, that I'd love for the showrunners to have completely pulled a fast one and let her live just to watch the fallout.

BTW, she is absolutely tiny in real life and very pretty.

Don't the actors always try and return to the set to witness fellow actors' death scenes?  I wonder if she was there for Chad Coleman, or someone else.

• Love 2

If it plays out that Beth seemingly dies, Maggie goes mad with grief through the back half, and then they are reunited in ep10 or the last ep, I think I'm gonna need to move on from this show. Not that it matters with their record ratings, but if they follow that hackneyed plot I don't think I can continue to give a shit. I'll probably check out the spin-off though. Being set earlier in the ZA interests me.

• Love 1

I see what you mean. I just, I don't know, I feel like Maggie is sort of owed the chance to have an actual reunion with her sister after the show has chosen not to have her mention Beth. It's just been damaging to the character and I'm sick to death of hearing fans talk about it and having annoying attention whores like John Barrowman trash her on Talking Dead.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I agree, it's tantamount to character assassination, because all anyone can ever talk about now is how she doesn't talk about Beth (and that decision has irked me). I've been fond of Maggie (not in S2 though) so I am curious as to how they turn this around.

• Love 4

That hole in the floor of the church is going to have to play into the events somehow, isn't it?  Maybe -- just as Judith is about to become walker chow -- Michonne or Carl tries to rush over to save her and gets caught in the floor?  I keep thinking that something tragic is going to happen at the church while the rest of the gang is away on bigger adventures.

In any case, I don't mind if someone doesn't die tonight -- in fact, everyone escaping intact might be the biggest surprise of all.  However, I am inclined to think that EK was seen on set recently because she was either visiting or filming flashbacks.  And whatever it is that happens tonight sounds as if it has to impact Daryl in a big way -- so either one of his women gets killed, and/or Daryl is responsible for her death, or someone else dies while trying to save Daryl or Carol, or something like that.  I suppose that Daryl's 'apocalypse brother' (Rick) could also get killed, but that seems highly unlikely at this stage of the game since there are no reports of AL missing from the set. 

As much and as often as I seek out spoilers, I would actually love it -- and I would tip my hat to the entire cast and crew of TWD -- if they were able to pull off a major shocker that no one sees coming at all, but I don't see how that can happen.

• Love 3

They are doing a good job; never seen the internet so empty of any reveals.

I for one am grateful. I saw a screenshot of zombie Merle beforehand (TWoP, not here), so I'm going to try & stay out of the spoiler thread for the rest of the day.

Try. I am weak!

I think that Father Gabriel might be the one to care for Carol. He can't do much else. And re-watching ''Four Walls and a Roof' he mentions being damned to hell which his parishioners wrote on his church. Carol thinks she's going to hell too, so they'd make a good pair.

Also Eugene might sign up for sick watch and baby duty. He's no good for anything else and he has to come up with some reason for the group to keep him and not show him the door.  Either that or he's going to fake a head injury.

If it plays out that Beth seemingly dies, Maggie goes mad with grief through the back half, and then they are reunited in ep10 or the last ep, I think I'm gonna need to move on from this show. Not that it matters with their record ratings, but if they follow that hackneyed plot I don't think I can continue to give a shit. I'll probably check out the spin-off though. Being set earlier in the ZA interests me.

I think Beth is dead. If EK was in town it was probably to confuse people or else she was visiting or had some other business in town. Beth isn't an important enough character to do a fake-out storyline and the cast is too damn big to start bringing people back from the dead.

But if she does come back... I'm gone. They obviously don't want someone like me watching their show if they pull a stunt like that and bring Beth back from the dead instead of Bob or Andrea.

I think that Father Gabriel might be the one to care for Carol. He can't do much else. And re-watching ''Four Walls and a Roof' he mentions being damned to hell which his parishioners wrote on his church. Carol thinks she's going to hell too, so they'd make a good pair.

Also Eugene might sign up for sick watch and baby duty. He's no good for anything else and he has to come up with some reason for the group to keep him and not show him the door.  Either that or he's going to fake a head injury.

I can't see Eugene being let near a child, as he's so incompetent. I do wonder if he might help come up with plans or strategy or what have you. 

I could see that happening with Gabriel (not the pairing with Carol, but taking care of her).

They are doing a good job; never seen the internet so empty of any reveals.

It's weird though, because I feel like the Beth death spoilers have been around forever, so I'm sort of already expecting to know what happens in the finale. I'll be shocked if she lives.

It's weird though, because I feel like the Beth death spoilers have been around forever, so I'm sort of already expecting to know what happens in the finale. I'll be shocked if she lives.

I will be shocked as well. She continues to lead the "death" poll over on ew.com. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/24/walking-dead-midseason-finale-who-will-die/. And while that poll is far from scientific, I think that long-time fans are used to seeing intense focus on a character right before they are bumped off.

Beth is not my favorite or least favorite character. (The latter belongs to Abraham.) If she is going to die, I hope it is with purpose and meaning. Too many deaths on this show have happened as a solution to a problem (Andrea's character assassination, Jeff DeMunn's desire to leave the show) rather than as an organic end to their storyline (Merle, Lori). 

I'd much rather lose Father Gabriel - who has moved beyond stupid. Or Abraham...since he isn't being written with any more depth than his comic book portrayal.

That hole in the floor of the church is going to have to play into the events somehow, isn't it?  

If anything happens to the three in the church because of the hole in the floor, I will hunt down Father Gabriel myself.

• Love 2

I see what you mean. I just, I don't know, I feel like Maggie is sort of owed the chance to have an actual reunion with her sister after the show has chosen not to have her mention Beth. It's just been damaging to the character and I'm sick to death of hearing fans talk about it and having annoying attention whores like John Barrowman trash her on Talking Dead.

Oh my god, he was awful!  I've always enjoyed him as an actor, but he was one of the worst guests they ever had.  He wouldn't shut up!

I continue to say that I think they have a plan for Maggie, but it feels like they always hold their 'reveals' off a beat too long.  Like they underestimate when the fans will hit fever pitch.  I heard several interviews with people connected with the show earlier in the season who said all they heard was 'Where's Beth?'.  Now all they're hearing is 'Why doesn't Maggie mention Beth?'.  Like with each one they should have showed the answer 3 episodes sooner, when people still cared and before they passed over from caring into 'sick to death of wondering about this and totally over it'.

• Love 3

Well, don't buff off your walking shoes just yet, since as far as we know, Beth hasn't died yet.

She's dead now!

As stated in the live chat thread: Morgan is back, Beth is gone - an excellent trade, I'd say.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 4

So who is next on the "absolutely unexpected" chopping block?  Is it Tyreese?  He's the one who disappeared from the set after filming just a few episodes in the second half of Season 5, and he has signed on for a new TV series, correct?  None of the other cast members went missing from the set? 

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

I've heard people say Tyler James Williams (Noah) didn't film much. Does anyone know if that's true? I'd hope they wouldn't kill Noah off this soon, as it would make Beth's death even more pointless. If he goes just let him reunite with his family.

• Love 1

He sent out a couple of tweets "Peace" and "I'd like to say it's been a pleasure" on Oct 23 and Nov 8th respectively.  That could mean he dies or leaves the show (maybe Noah finds his family?) sometime around episode 14.

Tyreese is supposed to be next sometime around episode 12 or whenever the Shirewilt Estates scenes happen.

• Love 3

I think Ty is next to go for sure.  I'm hoping that the absence of Noah at filming just means he finds his family and decides to stay with them, rather than the prison bunch.  I like what I've seen of Noah so far.  I like Ty as well, but he's just not built for this new world of theirs.  And Sasha, having lost her brother, ought to be fierce on screen in the back 8.

• Love 3

Awl-rite peeps.  Not overly optimistic about the back half, from what I've read.  You think the cast is unmanageable and bloated all to hell now?  (I do.)  They are supposed to add a shit-ton more people coming right up, after we get through the Daryl & Maggie tour of pain (hopefully quickly).  AL said there'll be something like 24 principal characters.  What fresh fuckery is this?!  They can't write for the number of mains they have now, what makes them think....  OH, and killing off JUST Tyreese is not gunna do it.  Nope.  Nuh uh.  There needs to be a blood bath of epic proportions and I haven't heard anything like that happening (wish I could be pleasantly surprised here at some point).

• Love 2

Noah is also leaving, apparently. 

Did he say 24? Does that just mean recurring or one-episode characters? That isn't too out of the ordinary for the show. I can't imagine them being able to afford 24 people in any other capacity. 

There also haven't been any spoilers suggesting a huge influx of characters, have there? I've just heard about Aaron and the woman some think will be Rick's love interest. 

(edited)

I just wonder if it's going to be like early season 4 with the prison, where there was technically a ton of new people, but it was mostly just a few short-lived guest characters and a lot of extras.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2

Sorry - didn't realize there was a Companion Series thread, so thanks!

I'm still in shock from The Walking Dead finale! What's coming up next? —Allen

Although executive producer Scott M. Gimple hinted that Rick's increasingly brutal worldview might cause some in his group to question his leadership, don't look for Daryl to be one of them — especially after Beth's death. "Daryl has always got his back," Norman Reedus tells us. "Daryl would have run over the cop with a car too — he just would have run right through him. I don't think it meant Rick was more crazy... than anyone else." But Reedus does allow for the possibility that Daryl won't always feel that way. "I think there's humanity left in Rick," Reedus says. "But Daryl always has Rick in his peripheral vision. Always."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Walking-Dead-Forever-Bones-1090227.aspx

Viewers anxious for their Dead fix will have to wait until February for the continuation of Season 5, which Lincoln says contains "two episodes that are probably my favorite since the pilot."  The fallout from Eugene's (Josh McDermitt) lie about a cure in Washington, D.C., will persist, according to executive producer Gale Anne Hurd.  "Whenever you put all your eggs in one basket - especially when it's the fate of humanity - that's going to be an awful blow that continues to resonate," she says.  "We've experienced some very game-changing revleations, and there will be more."

And with new faces being introduced in the second half of Season 5 (including American Horror Story alum Alexandra Breckenridge), Lincoln warns, "there are just too many people in the boat.  There will be blood."

From the new TV Guide (Fan Favorites print issue) for Dec. 8 - 21, 2014.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

While the Beth Conspiracy Theorists keep using this quote from Scott Gimple that 'things are going to get weirder' in the second half of season five as 'proof' that Beth will rise from the dead, (of course, they're also using the fact that the finale airs on Palm Sunday as proof that Beth is going to rise from the dead...), I think it's much more likely to be a hint about the big bad of which you speak.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/02/walking-dead-showrunner-scott-gimple-teases-darker-weirder-times-ahead.html

"And in the second half, like I said, things will get darker and then they’re going to get weirder. And it’s gonna be a completely different half-season than we saw. And I guess I will say as well that the group is gonna be together a lot more than they’ve been apart, so there ya go."

• Love 2

Good to know. The first half season, other than the premiere episode, was IMHO the most boring and tedious episodes of the series other than the Governor standalone ones. Glad the group will be together more than apart and hopefully the story moves forward as well. That said, the Beth Conspiracy Theorists' theory, if it comes true, might be interesting. Maybe scientists in the ZA found a way to resurrect dead people not as walkers but as human-walker hybrids that look and act like walkers but have human emotions?

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1
Courtney: The Walking Dead tore me up. We lost Bob. We lost Beth. My baby Daryl needs a hug. What can you tell me about what's to come?

Hmm, how about more romance? When asked if there will be another couple coming, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd spills, "There's got to be! Of course they're in the cards, I can't say when they'll happen though." Ugh, you mean we have to watch?! The nerve of some people.

Spoiler Chat: A Major Death on The Vampire Diaries and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Tue., Dec. 9, 2014 6:00 AM PST

http://www.eonline.com/news/604526/spoiler-chat-a-major-death-on-the-vampire-diaries-and-more

The Walking Dead - Season 5 - What's to come - Featurette [VIDEO]

Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, December 11, 2014

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/the-walking-dead-season-5-whats-to-come.html

Edited by tv echo

Courtney: The Walking Dead tore me up. We lost Bob. We lost Beth. My baby Daryl needs a hug. What can you tell me about what's to come?

Hmm, how about more romance? When asked if there will be another couple coming, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd spills, "There's got to be! Of course they're in the cards, I can't say when they'll happen though." Ugh, you mean we have to watch?! The nerve of some people.

I assume she's talking about Rick/Jessie, and maybe Aaron/Eric.

• Love 1

I assume she's talking about Rick/Jessie, and maybe Aaron/Eric.

Both of those are really strong possibilities; with Aaron/Eric showing up first?

But this is what I read on a spoiler site:

That in the comic, Jessie has a friend named Samantha (if you remember, she turns out to be a bit of a two-faced chick).

Tara--- talks about someone she was hooked up with, a female of course, named Sam...who only pretended because she was using Tara for something else, drugs or something and it turned out Sam was really straight.

I'm trying to find out more, but the suggestion was that a Tara/Sam romance was going to be a surprise. Which is as much a guess as any other possibility.