Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

You have no idea how happy this would make me! That would be, like, majorly awesome. Should we put multiple concentric circles where someone did someone multiple times, i.e. Andrea x Gov? Maybe broken circles when someone just considered doing someone? Should the circles be bigger or smaller depending on how good it was? So many options to consider.

I really wish someone would come up with a map that shows the "progress" that our group has made.  I think it'd be largely comprised of one, maybe two, tight circles.  Then on those circles we could put all the major events, you know, like the spot that Andrea did Shane and where Andrea did the Governor, and where Lori did Shane and where Abraham did Rosita, and where Glenn did Maggie, and where Carol thought about doing Daryl, and where Beth thought about doing Daryl.  You didn't know we had a regular Peyton Place here, did you?  (For those of you of a certain age.)

I've given this some thought. I passed on circles, Dow-Jones type up and down arrows, even weather map styles with warm fronts and cooling trends and high pressure areas.

I'm thinking---for sports fans---sex and other events on the show should portrayed by the symbol of a baseball diamond above two characters; with a red check-mark over what they accomplished in that place: 1st base, home-run, foul territory, warning track, strikeout! Unforced Error for every time somebody could have had it but dropped the ball: Daryl/Carol, Daryl/Beth, maybe Michonne/Rick and the razor by the prison gate .

What's known as a "dying quail" in baseball could just be a picture of a dying quail...for half-hearted half-assed attempts (Eugene I think you're hot Tara I like girls Eugene Even so...)

We could even have box scores (if you'll excuse the expression) over on the side. Keep track of season's scoring, each player's batting average, etc. (That Shane Walsh sure can score, but tends to get picked off for stealing!)

Transactions at the bottom ( T-Dawg traded for Oscar who was traded for Tyreese, Milton traded for Eugene, Gareth signed for a try-out to replace Brillip but sent down. Sophia and Lizzie released for twelve-year-old girls to be named later.)

Injury lists, bats broken (Just look at the stance of that Termite rookie! He's got his foot in the bucket! Oh,wait...that's someone else's foot! Never mind!) bench-clearing brawls (Yes folks, it's pandemonium out there just like the last time the Yahoos faced the Woodberries at home! Oh the humanity!)

I already have my own fantasy league.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 3

Finally!! A good spoiler article!! Reactions welcome:

http://undeadwalking.com/2014/11/14/walking-dead-consumed-rumored-spoilers/

Based on that article I'm wondering if Carol doesn't try to get Daryl to stop looking for Beth and he tells her to go to hell. The shippers would have fun with that. Although from the sounds of it some folks are going to be disappointed in any case since Caryl clearly isn't hooking up this time. I actually think given all the talk about how different Carol and Daryl have become TPTB might this to be a ship sinking if anything. In any case the fandom is going to nuts until the MSF. Maybe longer depending on what happens then.

• Love 1

Based on that article I'm wondering if Carol doesn't try to get Daryl to stop looking for Beth and he tells her to go to hell. The shippers would have fun with that. Although from the sounds of it some folks are going to be disappointed in any case since Caryl clearly isn't hooking up this time. I actually think given all the talk about how different Carol and Daryl have become TPTB might this to be a ship sinking if anything. In any case the fandom is going to nuts until the MSF. Maybe longer depending on what happens then.

if you are hoping for Daryl to tell Carol to go to hell, or perceiving "how different Carol and Daryl have become" or the ship sinking...I think i have bad news.

You might be disappointed but this is a bit more specific info; I love how after two lame episodes this one sounds like the quality we expect and want.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-walking-dead-consumed-advance.html

• Love 2

I'm not saying they'll end the episode hating each other but it does seem like they split up at some point. I think it likely Carol wants to quit and Daryl wants to keep looking. In any case I don't think its going to be quite the live fest some are hoping for.

Oh! This is good! (to me at least)

Romain from SpoilerTV. answered a question with this:  

Don't be disappointed, just because Rick isn't in Atlanta with them doesn't mean you won't see him

also this pic without any explanation:

original.jpg?w=800&h

Yeah thats the joy of posting on my phone :p. I was going to add I'm not sure on quality if this episode or any episode until I've seen it. These writer have not earned my faith yet infact they've abused it more than once. Like I've said elsewhere it kinda depends on how much of the show is devoted to the same navel gazing Carol moaning we've seen a dozen times before.

• Love 1

Most of this we see in other articles   http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/572864/20141116/walking-dead-5x06-spoilers-daryl-missing-crossbow.htm#.VGgUE2fcPIU

but I'm fascinated by the part that says Daryl and Carol get a good place to stay in Atlanta---one of the other characters has lived there.

Do they stay at Rick's old house?! Who else? The farm wasn't close...Glenn isn't from there...Daryl's old home--how wild would that be? (but I don't think it would be described as a good place :-D)

I think some mention of bunks...Carl's? the Prison?

I don't recall Rick living in Atlanta. The only person I can recall that was from Atlanta was Jacqui.

Well, I'm going by journalists using "Atlanta" for every place they've been on this show. :-)

It would be great also if they stayed in Brillip's RV. Or the crazy old bastard's cabin with the dead dog.

See, that's another prob---when journalists say "character on the show" they could mean someone who said "Hi there"...back in Season 1, and has never been seen again.

Good place---could it be Michonne's apt./condo...that was nice.

Edited by kikismom

I think season 5 is going to see the sinking of a couple of ships.  'Consumed' sounds like Daryl and Carol's relationship remains where it is. I don't think Carylers are going to get the love story they want. And Bethyl is on it's way to Davy Jones' locker too.  I think the show runners don't think they need either ship or have realized how much harm the shipping wars have done the show. Whatever it is, it's welcome news.

• Love 1

Well, I'm going by journalists using "Atlanta" for every place they've been on this show. :-)

It would be great also if they stayed in Brillip's RV. Or the crazy old bastard's cabin with the dead dog.

See, that's another prob---when journalists say "character on the show" they could mean someone who said "Hi there"...back in Season 1, and has never been seen again.

That is true my first thought was G from Vatos but I don't know if they would include the Vatos as a "character on the show". That's why I went with Jacqui because I remembered that she was from Atlanta. I can't be sure but I wonder if T-Dog was from Atlanta as well? I know Glenn was a delivery boy but I don't think we ever found out where he came from.

Based on the flashbacks, Grimes family + Shane are from Kings County, GA and Carol's family ran into the Grimes family on the way to Atlanta. I can't remember where anyone was from or if it was ever mentioned.

It would be cool if they took shelter in the nursing home but I don't know if they'd go there on the show.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm going with Michonne's place. I recall her being very much into the art scene and spoilers say Carol and Daryl have different taste in art.

It would also make sense since Michonne would only have one adult bed and one toddler bed. Neither Carol or Daryl is going to fit the kiddie bed, so they share the big bed.

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 2

In the s2 premiere that never was, Dale was driving the RV through Atlanta and rescued Amy & Andrea when the shit hit the fan when the army lost control of the city on the ground (before the bombing) so they were there but not necessarily from there. Glenn & Jacqui were from there, at least they worked there. I don't think anyone else was from there although I don't recall about Morales family or Jim.

• Love 1

I'm going with Michonne's place. I recall her being very much into the art scene and spoilers say Carol and Daryl have different taste in art.

It would also make sense since Michonne would only have one adult bed and one toddler bed. Neither Carol or Daryl is going to fit the kiddie bed, they share the big bed.

Somehow I see Daryl's taste in art somewhere between gambling dogs and velvet Elvises.   

• Love 2

It would also make sense since Michonne would only have one adult bed and one toddler bed. Neither Carol or Daryl is going to fit the kiddie bed, so they share the big bed.

I didn't know Michonne was from Atlanta.

Oooh yes Michonne's condo! D'oh. I was too focused on s1 characters.

I think we assumed Michonne was from Atlanta due to the cityscape and her art critiques (not that there aren't galleries in smaller centres but it made sense it was Atlanta as I don't know Georgia particularly well). Didn't we see her condo as being in the city? Can't remember exactly.

• Love 2

Yup, as mightysparrow says, I think these next few eps culminating in the MSF will likely torpedo Daryl's ships and for that I am glad.

Looks like they're replacing Andrea in the comics with a new blonde for Rick, which makes me inordinately sad, being a Richonnist and all. Oh well.

Edited by JBody
  • Love 3

I've been glancing through these spoilers and I am very happy to see the show getting back on track. One bad episode followed by one "meh" episode has left me hungry to spend time with characters I actually care about...and seeing as this is not likely to ever happen again on "Sleepy Hollow" all of my hopes rest in the ZA.

I just re-read that sentence. That doesn't sound smart.

Anyway. I'm ready. Hubby and I have a generous supply of munchies ready and a...dubious...bottle of wine.

Bring it!

• Love 2

Yup, as mightysparrow says, I think these next few eps culminating in the MSF will likely torpedo Daryl's ships and for that I am glad.

Looks like they're replacing Andrea in the comics with a new blonde for Rick, which makes me inordinately sad, being a Richonnist and all. Oh well.

I'm ok with it, for Michonne's sake. I think at present she needs Rick more as a friend and comrade-in-arms, than as a lover. And her relationship with Carl is definitely more big-sisterish than maternal.

• Love 2

I am seriously SERIOUSLY just hoping TPTB don't decide the ultimate culmination of Daryl's story arc is him giving his life to save another member of his new family. I don't really expect it - NR's portrayal of Daryl is WAY too popular and too much of an audience draw for Production to risk cutting him for little more than shock value, IMHO - but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being more than a little concerned at the prospect.

I had originally posted this in the Daryl thread, but in typing this response I realized - I'm pretty certain we're going to lose at least one major core CDB member before season's end (and no, I'm not including Beth in that "major core" set). Rick's repeated "you are not safe" warning to Carl has me paranoid that the statement, while made TO Carl, was a foreshadowing over the group at large - that NO ONE in CDB is truly safe, that ANY ONE could die at any time, through just a moment's inattention. The writers haven't knocked off a single major player yet this season (I don't count Bob in the "major core"), and I, for one, think they're getting itchy trigger fingers.

So:

1.) Who do you consider to be in the major core (vs. minor core)?

2.) Of the major core bunch, who do you think is most likely to buy it?

I have some ideas, but I want to see some of y'all's before I taint the thought process pool. :)

• Love 1

I agree about Tyrese and I'm nervous for Glenn.

Edited because I misread the previous post. I hadn't read about Tyrese, but I have thought for a while that he would be gone before the season is out.

I consider Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Carl and little ass kicker to be core characters. Out of those I'd be okay losing Maggie.

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 1

I honestly think the NO ONE IS SAFE hype is a red herring itself, at least as far as the major players go.  I think they want us to think that so we'll keep tuning in, but I don't for a moment at this point buy that Rick or Daryl for example are going to go anytime soon because that's AMC's bread and butter.  I would have thought maybe Glenn as a likely candidate but he's been seen shooting in the season finale, as has Carol who despite all the oddsmaking I've never seriously thought was on the chopping block anyway since her blossoming into the character she is now, so it seems fairly likely that the original CBD five are safe.  I tend to include Michonne in that group too, although she's barely been on the show this season so it's hard to tell what the thinking there is. 

Maggie has obvious stock as the last surviving Greene, even if she does absolutely nothing for me personally.  Abraham and Sasha are the best developed of the second tier, but they're still second tier characters for the time being.  The rest are reading like they could be cannon fodder or not depending on where the story goes.

My hunch is that we're going to see heavily built-up second-tier deaths for at least awhile.  Andrea and Lori were both first-string major characters when they died, but they had both been written to a place of irredeemability at the times of their deaths.  We've yet to see a true major nonvillain player (excepting Herschel who was telegraphed from miles away) go out when everything was firing for them, despite what the powers that be might be trying to sell us.

Edited by nodorothyparker

I consider the major core to be:

Rick

Carl

Daryl 

Carol

Glenn

Maggie

Michonne

Out of this group, I am worried about either Glenn or Maggie.

I think Tyreese might be ok until the finale. We have yet to get the back story on all of the hints regarding "you don't know what I've done/am capable of". When we see that, then I'll worry.

I do think Beth is a goner, but I consider her a minor character.

Edited by shanndee

I'm basing Tyreese dying on filming spoilers. When they're at what was presumed to be Wiltshire Estates subdivision (or Shirewilt) he was seen to be bloodied/banged up I think. Hasn't been spotted filming since ep 10? Chad Coleman has been tracked pretty much everywhere except Georgia for the last couple months.

• Love 1

I think so too and I couldn't be more pleased.  I never imagined Daryl and Carol as a romantic couple and putting him with Beth is just ridiculous.  I'm hoping he's gay and his relationship (should he have one) will be with the new gay male character that is rumored to join the cast later on.

• Love 1

The writers haven't knocked off a single major player yet this season (I don't count Bob in the "major core"), and I, for one, think they're getting itchy trigger fingers.

So:
1.) Who do you consider to be in the major core (vs. minor core)?
2.) Of the major core bunch, who do you think is most likely to buy it?

I have some ideas, but I want to see some of y'all's before I taint the thought process pool. :)

***************************************************************************************************************************

My ideas include screwing with those comics they are talking about adhering so much more closely to this season:

I think Daryl will die at the end of Season 5, although they might leave does he doesn't he as a cliffhanger to be revealed in Season 6 premiere.

I think Daryl will fill in the death that happens to Glenn in the comics.

Tyreese will die in suicide because he get self-destructive; yet he can't do another T-Dawg type sacrifice.

Beth dies. In MSF

I see a big board-clearing to make room for important new comic characters.

I think so too and I couldn't be more pleased.  I never imagined Daryl and Carol as a romantic couple and putting him with Beth is just ridiculous.  I'm hoping he's gay and his relationship (should he have one) will be with the new gay male character that is rumored to join the cast later on.

If the comic is followed, the new gay male character they meet has a long-time partner he is serious about. Just sayin.

Edited by kikismom
I think Daryl will die at the end of Season 5, although they might leave does he doesn't he as a cliffhanger to be revealed in Season 6 premiere.

I think Daryl will fill in the death that happens to Glenn in the comics.

Daryl lives and Glenn is a goner, IMO. I don't think they will get rid of Daryl/NR anytime soon.

Edited by Raachel2008

I think Glenn or Maggie, or both, are in trouble, but not next week.  I think Carol's run her stint.  But will they kill her AND Beth in the same episode?  That seems to be where they're heading.

I think Daryl's around longer.  He's a fan favorite, more so, I think, than Rick.  On the other hand, TPTB could be so anti-fans that they might deliberately kill off Daryl.

I think that the rumors about Beth impending death are likely true as are the rumors about Tyreese dying later this season. I will be very sad about Tyreese. Chad Coleman is such a talented actor. He should have been given more to do. 

• Love 3

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Carol made it all the way to the end. (wherever and whenever that is).  I could see Michonne falling before Carol.  Michonne is more the warrior.  Carol is more the nurturer.  I think at the end it could very well be: Rick, Carl, Judith and Carol.  I think Michonne and Daryl will go down towards the very end.  (And maybe Rick, too).  (And maybe that'll be Carol's real redemption.)

Now I don't know who else will be added character-wise. so I may change my mind.  But I haven't cared about any of the new ones since Season 2.  (And I certainly don't care about the comics.)

• Love 3

TSDF just posted that Danai/Michonne is on location (this is for the finale).  I am very pleased.

Also Seth/Gabriel, Christian/Rosita, Andrew/Rick and Melissa/Carol spotted on set today.  Sgt. Moobs and Dr. Mullet were in the Senoia Cafe yesterday too.

People spotted on location so far this week have been Andrew/Rick, Norman/Daryl, Melissa/Carol, Michael/Abraham, Josh/Eugene, Steven/Glenn, Alanna/Tara and Chandler/Carl.

Chandler was seen Monday but not Tuesday.

Edited by JBody
  • Love 1