Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Wait till after "play" is hit.

Rick talks about the Vatos "We left on good terms, enough to cure polio!"

Glenn says " I'll take a sip!"

and so forth, like bad lip-reading!

the best part is when Dale checks on Andrea and she says "Bangin on my pants? I'm trying not to get eaten by Dave Campbell, I want to puke at my dad's...what's not to like? Thanks, Dental!"

Yah yah... I think, when Youtube's CC is engaged on a broadcast with no actual CC encoding, it employs a language recognition system that makes Siri look like a personal assistant.

• Love 1

Love the deleted scenes! Never saw them so that was a treat. The Vatos stuff was very interesting because quite extensive. Wonder why it was cut? Refreshing to see sarcastic asshole Daryl again. Meeting if the menfolk in the stairwell was a head scratcher; I'd rather have Andrea be in on it than Dale or T-Dawg (no offense T-Dawg lovers, I miss him too). Liked seeing Rick ask for Glenn's stamp of approval on seeking out the Vatos. Of course it wouldn't be S1 Shane without the Ft. Benning refrain.

• Love 3

The upside to having the scene cut is that canonically the Vatos could still be alive and running a badass nursing home and chihuahua sanctuary. 

I like!

Conversely, I also like the idea of a chihuahua nursing home and a badass sanctuary.

• Love 4

In Season 23 I want to see Camp Dinner Bell travel west and find a new country out there:  Vatosland.  Clear of walkers, growing lots of food, raising chihuahuas (the national mascot) and caring for the elderly in luxury retirement homes.

• Love 4

For all those who just can't wait to see tonight's "Self Help" episode about Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Glenn and Maggie, here's links to some spoilery info (including a major spoiler if it's true):

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-walking-dead-self-help-advance.html

https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/400784676743343

http://undeadwalking.com/2014/11/08/walking-dead-self-help-spoiler-confessions/

http://thestir.cafemom.com/tv/179340/walking_dead_spoilers_self_help

(Anyone else just want to slap Eugene in the face?)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

For all those who just can't wait to see tonight's "Self Help" episode about Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Glenn and Maggie, here's links to some spoilery info (including a major spoiler if it's true):

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-walking-dead-self-help-advance.html

https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/400784676743343

http://undeadwalking.com/2014/11/08/walking-dead-self-help-spoiler-confessions/

http://thestir.cafemom.com/tv/179340/walking_dead_spoilers_self_help

(Anyone else just want to slap Eugene in the face?)

In the first spoiler, the AdvancePreview genius talks about the reaction someone has after "eliminating" a walker. I just think that could have been worded...differently.

I wanted to slap Eugene in the face from the get-go.

I think this is also going to be when we see something squicky from the comic: Eugene watching Abe and Rosita do it. Even people who never read the comic won't be a bit surprised.

• Love 1

Someone injured? I have a feeling it will be Tara or Glenn. Ugh. I hope not. I don't want them to go.

The show really needs to be very careful about how they write Eugene. Viewers know he's a perv, but the show isn't as sexual as the comics seemed to be. Some viewers may end up thinking he's going to become a rapist or something like that, which doesn't seem to be what the show has in mind. And viewers who are missing Rick, Michonne, Carol, Daryl, etc. may tune out if they are seeing some guy fapping it (implied) instead.

Oh my God, Kiki, I thought the "weird, disturbing reaction to a walker" was worded badly, too. It read like he had sex with the walker, LOL. Who the hell doesn't take out their aggression on the walkers these days, or the living for that matter. It's the new normal. On a semi-related note, when Abe gave Rick the map I wished the marauders were still alive so I could call it The Marauder's Map (Harry Potter geek reference for non-nerds).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

There was a child walker on on the set around the time this was filmed.  Speculation is that the person in the sheet is the walker (and the person in the sheet was quite small).  Perhaps a thematic call back to Sophia.

ETA:

I can't imagine them bothering to burn someone they don't care about.

Since Season 1, they bury their dead and burn the anonymous walkers. 

Edited by Gin and Tonic

That's the way they started out, definitely - but does that still hold since Shane so eloquently illustrated that any dead person - bitten or not - will turn?  I don't recall a whole log of graves being dug since then.

They're also on some kind of rooftop.  Not a lot of burying going on there.  I imagine they still bury if it's someone they knew and they're able to, although I think we're to presume Rick and Co. buried the Terminus crew.

I have no idea who it is either beyond reading somewhere that they encountered a child walker. 

I don't recall a whole log of graves being dug since then.

They buried everyone at the prison.  They had a cemetery and made grave markers. Didn't they just bury Bob?  I think they were digging him a grave, but I can't recall exactly.  My point was just that the burning wasn't necessarily a sign of respect as much as necessity.

They buried everyone at the prison.  They had a cemetery and made grave markers. Didn't they just bury Bob?  I think they were digging him a grave, but I can't recall exactly.  My point was just that the burning wasn't necessarily a sign of respect as much as necessity.

Totally correct about Bob - I'd forgotten that.  And I expect burying would still be an option, so long as they'd spiked the brain first.

I've been thinking about something for a while.  For a guy who's just discovered that Beth is being held captive by the same people who just kidnapped Carol, Daryl doesn't seem to have much of a sense of urgency about him.  Why doesn't he say, 'Carol's been kidnapped by the people who took Beth and this person knows all about it,  We gotta go NOW!!!'.  What if he doesn't know that Carol has been kidnapped?

When Daryl comes out of the forest, Michonne gives him a big smile and he pauses.  Some folks have said that it's because he's so sad, but Daryl isn't that guy.  If Carol and Beth have been kidnapped and he knows where they are, he's getting the troops together asap.  And when Michonne asks him where Carol is, his eyes shift as if he's thinking 'oh yeah, THAT'.  What if Daryl and Carol had an argument and split up BEFORE she got kidnapped. Carol could have asked Daryl to leave the family with her.  He would never go for that, no matter how much he cares for Carol because Daryl is all about his family and he wouldn't just take off and leave them.  Or what if they get into it about Karen and David?  They haven't had a chance to talk about it and after everything that Daryl has been through the thought of someone killing family might not sit well with him.  If he tells Carol he doesn't approve, she might snap.  Or if she tells him about Lizzie and he doesn't understand.

If they do split up, Carol could go on by herself, get run over by the cross car people and get taken to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Daryl runs into Noah.  Noah's injured so Daryl would probably stop and give him a hand and Noah tells him about the place he's come from where these guys in cars with crosses on them go around kidnapping people.  Noah probably tells him about the young woman he escaped with but got caught.  Noah doesn't know Carol is there because he left before she came in.  Daryl puts two and two together and realizes these people have Beth.  Noah tells him that Beth isn't in danger of being killed because Dawn wants her around to work and Gorman's dead.  Daryl hotfoots it back to the church to get the troops. He doesn't know how to explain his fight with Carol to Michonne so he avoids the question by bringing Noah out of the bushes.

If Beth dies trying to save Carol, it's going to create all kinds of drama.  Maggie might blame Carol as a way of soothing her own guilt.  Daryl might hold Beth's death against Carol too.  I don't know how the burning body ties in but I don't think it's Beth.  Carol sounds a bit subdued when she thanks Daryl and Daryl isn't exactly effusive when he responds.  Something might have happened to cause a rift that gets widened when they disagree about whatever.

That's my theory.  It's probably bullshit but it was fun thinking it out.

• Love 2

I knew about the burying, but never noticed the burning part.

We mostly just see them driving off in trucks. My strongest memories of this involve going out on the truck right before terrible things happen...Andrea and some others going out in the episode where Rick kills Shane, and Hershel and Michonne going out and getting captured by The Governor.

They showed the full clip on Talking Dead. Daryl puts the body in the fire and Carol walks out and says "Thank you". So it's someone Carol probably has formed a bond with.

Either that or Carol didn't want to leave a child's body lying around and asked Daryl to help. 

There's a photo Norman posted Nov 2. of himself sitting with a young girl dressed as a walker.  I don't know if she's an actress on set or a fan at a con.  If the former, maybe she's the one who gets burned.

http://instagram.com/p/u6_zcFMcK3/

Edited by GreyBunny

So scenes for next week shows Daryl putting a body in a white cloth into a fire. It's gotta be either Carol or Beth. Please let it not be Carol.

Not sure, but it seemed to be pretty Beth-sized, and I can't imagine them bothering to burn someone they don't care about.

There was a child walker on on the set around the time this was filmed.  Speculation is that the person in the sheet is the walker (and the person in the sheet was quite small).  Perhaps a thematic call back to Sophia.

ETA:

They're also on some kind of rooftop.  Not a lot of burying going on there.  I imagine they still bury if it's someone they knew and they're able to, although I think we're to presume Rick and Co. buried the Terminus crew.

I have no idea who it is either beyond reading somewhere that they encountered a child walker. 

Either that or Carol didn't want to leave a child's body lying around and asked Daryl to help. 

There's a photo Norman posted Nov 2. of himself sitting with a young girl dressed as a walker.  I don't know if she's an actress on set or a fan at a con.  If the former, maybe she's the one who gets burned.

http://instagram.com/p/u6_zcFMcK3/

http://popcultureplayground.com/spoilers-the-walking-dead-episode-5-06-preview-amc_thewalkingdead-twd/

Personally, I don't want Rick to have worked with Dawn. Maybe they met, sure, and might kinda-sorta know/remember each other, but they don't need to work together. Also don't particularly want Morgan to be Noah's uncle as speculated. I mean, what are the chances the few survivors are going to know each other and cross paths at this point? It's a small world after all, but come on. It's bad enough Rick so easily found his family in season 1 and that was early days.

• Love 4

Personally, I don't want Rick to have worked with Dawn. Maybe they met, sure, and might kinda-sorta know/remember each other, but they don't need to work together. Also don't particularly want Morgan to be Noah's uncle as speculated. I mean, what are the chances the few survivors are going to know each other and cross paths at this point? It's a small world after all, but come on. It's bad enough Rick so easily found his family in season 1 and that was early days.

That's why I think the odds're stacked against Beth making it back—since Andrea & Carol already did.

• Love 2

That's why I think the odds're stacked against Beth making it back—since Andrea & Carol already did.

I agree. The cast needs to be trimmed. We can spend hours discussing who should be eliminated and who shouldn't but Beth is a likely candidate since she was not given a defined story line or a purpose once they left the farm. In the meantime, they have added other female characters - Sasha, Tara, Rosita - and provided them with "better" storyline  possibilities (that is subjective, I know).

I don't dislike Beth. If she has to go, I am pleased that they are trying to give her purpose in the end. 

• Love 1

I agree. The cast needs to be trimmed. We can spend hours discussing who should be eliminated and who shouldn't but Beth is a likely candidate since she was not given a defined story line or a purpose once they left the farm. In the meantime, they have added other female characters - Sasha, Tara, Rosita - and provided them with "better" storyline  possibilities (that is subjective, I know).

I don't dislike Beth. If she has to go, I am pleased that they are trying to give her purpose in the end. 

I don't super love Beth (I think I don't super love anyone, except maybe Carol and Daryl), but I will be bummed if/when she dies. I don't mind it when the characters die randomly, but in her case I do think she has been given a plot, going back to her time with Daryl after the prison. I think it has been about her realizing and proving that she's not just weak and useless, that she can be strong and not be simple baggage that everyone has to keep alive. So it will bum be out to see that in spite of that, in spite of growing stronger,she didn't make it. It's like an underdog story that ends with the underdog losing anyway.

• Love 3

I don't super love Beth (I think I don't super love anyone, except maybe Carol and Daryl), but I will be bummed if/when she dies. I don't mind it when the characters die randomly, but in her case I do think she has been given a plot, going back to her time with Daryl after the prison. I think it has been about her realizing and proving that she's not just weak and useless, that she can be strong and not be simple baggage that everyone has to keep alive. So it will bum be out to see that in spite of that, in spite of growing stronger,she didn't make it. It's like an underdog story that ends with the underdog losing anyway.

You realize, of course, you just described the original ending to Dodgeball.

• Love 4

I actually think Beth might be with Morgan. I suspect thats how they both end up in Alexandria.  After all how else is he going to know where to find Rick? Lennie James was seen at the hospital set and I can't think of another reason for him to be there unless its to kill him off. Which doesn't really make sense if they're already killing off Beth. Plus if Beth gets left behind its because they think she's dead which means Daryl still has something to angst over. Gimple still gets to fridge Beth with out getting yelled by every feminst blogger going. (And EK gets time off to record her album).

Morgan was at least several weeks and perhaps a couple of months behind Rick's group.  Beth isn't going to Alexandria, she'll be long dead before Morgan even shows up.

Rick might leave the map Abe gave him and Morgan finds it.  Or Father Gabriel stays at the church and he tells Morgan where they're going.  There are several ways Morgan can track Rick, he doesn't need Beth.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

Morgan was at least several weeks and perhaps a couple of months behind Rick's group.  Beth isn't going to Alexandria, she'll be long dead before Morgan even shows up.

Rick might leave the map Abe gave him and Morgan finds it.  Or Father Gabriel stays at the church and he tells Morgan where they're going.  There are several ways Morgan can track Rick, he doesn't need Beth.  

Except Atlanta and the Hospital are in the wrong direction from the Church if all Morgan does is find a map. Why would he go there first? Unless he simply loses Rick trail and decides to head for Atlanta to look for other people. Hell if he had run ins with the cross people (its been speculated that his weapons were what Gorman was after when they hit Beth) he coudl be looking for them. If Beth gets left behind it would make sense for her to stay where she knows its safe. We don't know how far behind Rick Morgan is at this point he could only be week behind for all we know.

Except Atlanta and the Hospital are in the wrong direction from the Church if all Morgan does is find a map. Why would he go there first? Unless he simply loses Rick trail and decides to head for Atlanta to look for other people. Hell if he had run ins with the cross people (its been speculated that his weapons were what Gorman was after when they hit Beth) he coudl be looking for them. If Beth gets left behind it would make sense for her to stay where she knows its safe. We don't know how far behind Rick Morgan is at this point he could only be week behind for all we know.

Well... if Morgan is actually looking for Rick - AND he has been paying ANY attention whatsoever to the script - all Morgan has to do is plop his ass down right smack dab in the middle of I-75 north of Atlanta. 

And wait. 

Because Rick&Co. will soon be passing by again on their NEXT trip to Atlanta:

• To rescue Beth,
  • To rescue Carol,
  • To rescue Daryl who got captured trying to rescue Carol,
  • To get some Varsity Dogs,
  • WHATEVER.

Why?

BECAUSE THEY LEFT ATLANTA OVER A YEAR AGO, AND THEY'RE STILL WITHIN A HALF-TANK CAR TRIP!!!

FORGET THE FRIKKIN' ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!

THIS IS THE REAL TRAGEDY - THE MOST UNSUCCESSFUL ROAD TRIP IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!

IT'S LIKE ATLANTA IS A BLACK HOLE, THEY'RE STUCK IN THE SUCK OF ITS EVENT HORIZON, AND THEY CAN NEVER EVER LEAVE!!!

HAROLD AND KUMAR GOT TO WHITE CASTLE MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN THIS!!! 

GOOD GAWD, YALL!!!

Sorry about that. 

Just had to go away for a sec, but I'm back.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program, already in progress....

• Love 10

It's only been about 2-3 days from when Rick and the others were freed from Terminus to Michonne meeting Daryl and presumably Noah.  Beth will probably be dead within 1-2 days after that.   Morgan saw the No Sanctuary Sign with a good amount of vines growing on it indicating he was behind by about a couple of months.  Rick has long gone to Alexandria and Beth is long dead.  However Morgan finds Rick it won't be with Beth's help.

ETA:  The AMC Walking Dead trivia game for that episode had the question:  "Months later, who happens upon Rick's altered sign?"  The answer is Morgan.  

Links to the screencap and the quiz.

http://i.imgur.com/c6XQ7pi.png 

https://www.amctv.com/ultimate-fan-game/the-walking-dead/4472

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2

BECAUSE THEY LEFT ATLANTA OVER A YEAR AGO, AND THEY'RE STILL WITHIN A HALF-TANK CAR TRIP!!!

THIS IS THE REAL TRAGEDY - THE MOST UNSUCCESSFUL ROAD TRIP IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!

IT'S LIKE ATLANTA IS A BLACK HOLE, THEY'RE STUCK IN THE SUCK OF ITS EVENT HORIZON, AND THEY CAN NEVER EVER LEAVE!!!

HAROLD AND KUMAR GOT TO WHITE CASTLE MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN THIS!!! 

GOOD GAWD, YALL!!!

best ever!!! You just summed up 4.5 seasons perfectly  : D

Extra points for the shout-out to Varsity Dogs

Morgan saw the No Sanctuary Sign with a good amount of vines growing on it indicating he was behind by about a couple of months.

I have to check that again; TWD may have made another unintentional boo-boo---if the vines were kudzu, he could see a good amount growing on it in...hours.

ETA:

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-5-worst-episodes-spoilers/

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

Don't know if anyone else saw this, referring to Rick and Dawn. It's not very clear, but it looks like a possibility.

http://i.imgur.com/xFGxzTg.jpg

Well, Rick was in the Sheriff's Dept. and Dawn is Atlanta PD, so not the same force but could have crossed paths...but I don't think the picture is that similar.

However...Tara went to the Atlanta PD police academy...if anybody would have a chance of recognizing each other, I would bet on Tara/Dawn before Rick/Dawn.

Spoilers are out that say Beth dies in the midseason finale.  Carol's actress has been seen on set this past week shooting the season finale.  So it's neither.

Aw, see now this is why I should have remained spoiiler-free! If this doesn't happen I am going to be so pissed!

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 3

THIS!! The Twilight Zone meets CDB!!

• Love 2

I really wish someone would come up with a map that shows the "progress" that our group has made.  I think it'd be largely comprised of one, maybe two, tight circles.  Then on those circles we could put all the major events, you know, like the spot that Andrea did Shane and where Andrea did the Governor, and where Lori did Shane and where Abraham did Rosita, and where Glenn did Maggie, and where Carol thought about doing Daryl, and where Beth thought about doing Daryl.  You didn't know we had a regular Peyton Place here, did you?  (For those of you of a certain age.)

• Love 2

I really wish someone would come up with a map that shows the "progress" that our group has made.  I think it'd be largely comprised of one, maybe two, tight circles.  Then on those circles we could put all the major events, you know, like the spot that Andrea did Shane and where Andrea did the Governor, and where Lori did Shane and where Abraham did Rosita, and where Glenn did Maggie, and where Carol thought about doing Daryl, and where Beth thought about doing Daryl.  You didn't know we had a regular Peyton Place here, did you?  (For those of you of a certain age.)

You have no idea how happy this would make me! That would be, like, majorly awesome. Should we put multiple concentric circles where someone did someone multiple times, i.e. Andrea x Gov? Maybe broken circles when someone just considered doing someone? Should the circles be bigger or smaller depending on how good it was? So many options to consider.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2