Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

With the sheer amount of acclaim Melissa McBride has garnered this past year (and she remains the only member of this cast to have won any real awards which we know networks like), I'm taking a wait and see before thinking Carol a goner.  God knows we've seen plenty of spoilers in the past that made things look bad for members of our gang before.  I've also read enough Spoiling the Dead to know she's done a ton of filming for this season while other cast weren't seen on set for months.

I'm also hoping they've got enough sense to realize how it looks if they cut her loose after axing Laurie Holden's Andrea.  With the exception of Michonne, that leaves them with almost exclusively 40-something year old male leads and a gaggle of nearly interchangeable Pretty Young Things.  Minus the ambulatory corpses that could be nearly any show on TV.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 8

This New Zealand promo for next week's episode is interesting. It has quite a few shots that weren't shown at the end of the episode here.

See what you can spot that's new ! ( you do have to wait for the end of the episode with Gareth/Bob's leg, go to about 1:28 I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4p4HRszuE

That's the third time I've seen that ending, and it only gets more horrifying to me. The guy playing Gareth is doing well when it comes to making him cold, and frightening.

So that shows that the cannibals were the ones watching them. That "A" scrawled in blood on something... I wonder whose blood that was.

• Love 1

Arrgh I can't watch at work....what's new?

Wait . . . I didn't see anything about Daryl or Carol (or Beth).  Are we sure that YouTube promo is for this coming Sunday's episode (October 26)?

Yes, it is for this upcoming Sunday...Rick say to Father Gabriel why did you bring us here and he won't answer and Rick grabs him and Sasha says there's somebody outside and it gets freaky and you see them in the church hear the voice of Gareth calling out Well I guess you know we're out here! and Rick finds part of the church marked "A"---in BLOOD! (cool) and then violence ensues and Gareth is inside hunting them down andetc.

Oh yeah, Judith is in something weird, like a box but with a clipboard or something i can't freeze it fast enough it's like one frame...

• Love 1

I think they'll be playing with time for the next few episodes.  I think we won't see Daryl until the very end of this next episode, minus Carol.  It will probably mostly be about finding Bob and getting answers from Father Gabe.  Then we'll get the Beth Bottle explaining what she's been up to since she disappeared the following week, and see Carol at the end of that episode.  Then we'll get the Carol and Daryl Bottle explaining where they hied off to in the car, and how they came to be separated after that.

• Love 4

Then we'll get the Carol and Daryl Bottle explaining where they hied off to in the car, and how they came to be separated after that.

I like all this post; I just remember Scott Wilson saying when he noticed his character Herschel becoming proactive, he said.Uh-oh.

Last Sunday Bob was OTT sunny, not only were they alive and going to DC and curing this but it was just a nightmare and the whole world couldn't be this way until I was yelling at the screen "Bob-don't go toward the light!" But guess what happened.

Now Carol was heroic, contrite, and modest...she's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Yeah I would tend to agree about the telegraphing of character deaths on this show. But I follow filming spoilers (which aren't always 100% but nothing is until it airs) and MMB is still filming whereas EK hasn't been seen since they filmed the mid season finale. I'm betting Beth bites it heroically (maybe saving Carol).

• Love 3

Yeah I would tend to agree about the telegraphing of character deaths on this show. But I follow filming spoilers (which aren't always 100% but nothing is until it airs) and MMB is still filming whereas EK hasn't been seen since they filmed the mid season finale. I'm betting Beth bites it heroically (maybe saving Carol).

Any reports of last suppers?  If so, please let it be Emily Kinney.  Once (if) Beth bites it, all of the characters I loathe (not just love to hate) will finally be gone.  Yay!

I really would be surprised if Carol died. Yes, she's become more proactive and heroic, but it's in a different way than Hershel, whose entire role was tied to being the hope and the voice of faith and pacifism. Carol's role is more ambiguous, and is more about her and what she's thinking and feeling.

I don't see Beth going anywhere either. The show really started to build her up last season and now she has this whole story set up on her own. I get the feeling they've invested in her as she's a blank slate and they may see her as being popular with younger viewers.

I would guess that deaths will be Bob, Tara (which I'd hate, but it seems like they wrapped up her story), maybe Sasha (which I would also hate) and one or both of Glenn and Maggie.

I don't see Beth going anywhere either. The show really started to build her up last season and now she has this whole story set up on her own. I get the feeling they've invested in her as she's a blank slate and they may see her as being popular with younger viewers.

Things To Do List:

Find out if parent company that owns EK's recording label is same as who owns AMC or DC comics (which publishes TWD GN).

GreyBunny, there were death dinner rumours around August 4/5 when they were filming ep 8 (MSF) and Scott Wilson was seen on set (Jon Bernthal & Jeffrey DeMunn were also reported) but I think it is the end for Beth because Melissa McBride is still shooting.

• Love 3

I also think it's going to be really really sad because she's finally going to have a kickass story arc and then bam, it's over. I don't even care much for Beth but I think I may shed a tear. Hell Lori made me ball my eyes out (granted I was on the outskirts of post pregnancy hormones, but still) and I found her completely annoying. Even today I have a hard time watching that.

• Love 1

Even though this is the Spoiler page, I'm going to use an additional tag to offer what I think is the reason Andrew Lincoln is so worried about Episode 3 :

Because in the GN, when Rick's group fights Gareth and the Termites they tear them apart--including literally with their bare hands.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

I'm not sure the show would go that far.

Is there another scene we haven't seen yet about the group talking to Gareth about going to DC, or was it just the Bob scene in No Sanctuary? I can't remember if there were more in the preview reel pre-season.

it's funny; yesterday there was an article on the walkingdeadforums---and it has been blocked today ( I tried to get it to post here ).

The article was a reprint of one from the year 2011...which was titled "Scenes From the Walking Dead Comic They Will Never Show On Television".

Before the show's success, early predictions were that they would never show cannibals, they would not show a child being shot, they would not show the governor's heads in aquariums or his daughter Penny as a walker kept in a cage  etc etc.

The whole list was all about stuff we've seen ---the show did go there.

We'll have to wait and see.

Arghhh!!! There is a scene of Gareth repeating what they told him when they came to Terminus about Washington. There is no indication he is talking to the group; we already know that the supposed edit of Rick listening was from episode 2 where Rick is in the church with Father Gabriel. It is made to look like a conversation with Gareth. But Gareth says those words sitting outside of the doors of the brick building where he and his friends are camped.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

it's funny; yesterday there was an article on the walkingdeadforums---and it has been blocked today ( I tried to get it to post here ).

The article was a reprint of one from the year 2011...which was titled "Scenes From the Walking Dead Comic They Will Never Show On Television".

Before the show's success, early predictions were that they would never show cannibals, they would not show a child being shot, they would not show the governor's heads in aquariums or his daughter Penny as a walker kept in a cage etc etc.

The whole list was all about stuff we've seen ---the show did go there.

We'll have to wait and see.

If you still have the URL, you can go to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine and retrieve a cached version of the page. Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

Hah Screenrant! Having the show "move toward a potential cure." I wish -- but not on Kirkman's watch. He hated the CDC ep, which as you all know is not in the GN. It explained too much. TWD is supposed to be a zombie movie without an end. Which is, I suppose, cool in GN form but kind of annoying in TV land.

• Love 4
(edited)

I tend to wonder what Andrew Lincoln may have been talking about. I'm confused in part because I sort of assumed most of the episode would take place with Rick's group being in peril in the church. 

I just hope nothing happens to Judith...

Sasha being in both of the sneak peek scenes also makes me worry for her. 

And Tara.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I've seen that rumor on other boards elsewhere, which we know doesn't necessarily mean anything.  I admit I'm fine with it if it's true since I don't care about Beth at all and am going to be aggravated if they waste a bunch of the season on her or looking for her.

I do know Spoiling the Dead Fans, which tracks the actors' comings and goings during filming, has reported that the actress hasn't been seen on any of the sets in months since they shot the midseason finale.  They're still shooting the final episodes now.  So it seems possible.

• Love 2

I'm new to the board I'm not sure where to to post this, so I'll ask here. Is there a place I can find out about casting rumours? I have heard an actor I really like may have been hired for an upcoming character, and I'd like to find out more (if there is more...)

Thanks!

I guess what throws me off about the Beth rumor is that the tweet is legitimized by accurately predicting Bob dies, when the Comic-Con trailer seemed to allude to a Death Watch that was widely concluded to be Bob. Then again, the whole gang hasn't seen one of theirs turned since Sophia. Merle, Shane, and poor Hershel's undead head all had a limited audience. It's probably time. If they go through with killing Glenn (please God no) Maggie will have officially lost her entire family, which would make an interesting, albeit depressing story for her.

I wonder if the termites will admit to eating their own kids like the comics and provoke Rick Grimes' Machete Madness 2014, or if he's just going to make sure they're all finished off.

• Love 1

I believe that synopsis even with the wonky translation.  They conflated Gareth's death/Beth's bottle ep but everything up to this point is spot on.  So.... Beth is bitten, dies, reanimates and then eats the police officer!  Another Merle death.  Rick, Tyreese, Daryl, Sascha and Tyler attack the hospital.  Who puts Beth out of her misery? Maggie "Beth who?" will console herself with the fact that she thought Bethy was pretty much dead already.

• Love 1

A lot of it sounds plausible.  thespoilingthedeadfans.com was running with pictures of filming of all the Carol/Daryl stuff in Atlanta including a van plunge off a bridge and Rick and Sasha attacking the hospital as it was shot this summer.  The list of characters at the bottom still alive and filming at the end of the season also matches what I've seen elsewhere, for whatever that's worth.

• Love 1

Knowing how they screw with us promo-wise, my guess would be parts are flashback, parts are simultaneously happening as the group tries to rescue Beth and she struggles with the uniformed freaks, and then---maybe---it coalesces into the final all-happening-at-the-same-time with uglysad ending.

And supposedly Tyreese goes on what is basically a SWAT mission? Which seems confirmed by the photos of Tyreese and Sasha in some kind of sniper position.

As Daryl Dixon once said Let me process this!

Rick's group now consists "technically" of Rick Daryl Carol Tyreese Sasha Carl Michonne Beth Father Gabriel and Judith.

Beth and Carol are the objects of rescue attempt.

Judith is a benchwarmer.

Father Gabriel is useless.

Tyreese is a throw of the dice; maybe useless, maybe Superman.

Rick takes all the useful adults to get Beth and Carol, except Michonne, who must be getting left behind not just to baby-sit but to be the chosen (by Rick) substitute parent if Rick goes on a dangerous mission where he might not make it back.

Edited to correct omission of Michonne from group plan. Ooops.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Please let the rumor be right about Beth becoming zombie bait I find Beth to be boring and EK is not strong enough in her acting to make me care about Beth and if she survives and Carol is a goner instead there is no justice because MM is the best actress on the series and Carol the most interesting and compelling character on the show so if she is sacrifice for Beth/ EK then TWD is taken off my DVR since the weakest episodes are the Beth/ EK ones !

Edited by CountryCrazy
  • Love 2

Please let the rumor be right about Beth becoming zombie bait I find Beth to be boring and EK is not strong enough in her acting to make me care about Beth and if she survives and Carol is a goner instead there is no justice because MM is the best actress on the series and Carol the most interesting and compelling character on the show so if she is sacrifice for Beth/ EK then TWD is taken off my DVR since the weakest episodes are the Beth/ EK ones !

Suddenly I'm reminded of the first chapter of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"....