Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Meghan’s time off does not concern me.  If she is given the time, so be it.  Why would anyone begrudge?

On a personal level, I'm glad she's not back because she detracts from the show. Having the idiot one-two punch of Meghan and Abby will probably make me stop watching. One I can handle... two will be unbearable.

We don't know how Meghan feels about extended time off. Maybe she feels entitled to it; maybe she is bursting with gratitude. As I've said before here, I was absolutely devastated and catatonic after losing my mom. I stayed in bed for two weeks without leaving it, and didn't return to work for months. I was physically incapable. I'm self-employed, so it put me in a huge financial hole that I'm still digging out of. I realize that I am lucky because I was not fired, although I surely would have been had I not been self-employed.

Maybe instead of resenting Meghan getting the time off she needs to recover, we should resent a system that expects us to finish grieving in three days.

• Love 20
59 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Meghan’s time off does not concern me.  If she is given the time, so be it.  Why would anyone begrudge?

Exactly. I honestly think that Whoopi, Joy or Sunny would likely do the same thing. They are all entitled people who don’t live in the real world like the rest of us. No need to pick on Meghan.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Onceafan said:

I do have a question about something that Joy mentioned today, and I wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or not.

When talking about Louis C.K. and his comeback, she mentioned that he played at a comedy club, but her problem with that was that he didn't talk about what he did to those women, and I think she said, I wanted to see him joke about that, but that he didn't mention it.

Was she being sarcastic, or does Joy really want Louis C.K. to try and incorporate the accusations against him, into his comedy routine. Cause, I just think that would be in really poor taste to victimize people, and then put it into a comedy routine.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound stupid, but I really wasn't sure if she was being serious or not about it. What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure she was serious. I was listening to a comic ( female) pod cast yesterday  Her guest was a comic friend and they said the exact same thing. They know him and knew he was capable of just that. They had predicated he would be back within a year. 

Abby is showing us who she is and Sunny made a fool of her. She's offended about dictator? Really? He openly admires them and when called out on it says we do a lot of terrible things too.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is like a badly written/cast character in a direct to video film.  Like they meant to cast Sophia Loren and ended up with Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Wassamattu? Badenov!!!???????????

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Abby picked the wrong issue with which to assert her Republican credentials Trump water carrying. Maybe she didn't know how strongly Sunny feels about PR.

Further evidence she never did her prep or homework and watched the last season to get a handle and inform herself.

4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I  think it's a safe bet Meghan would be against anything that would fix that system.  I'm not going to apologize for still not liking her.  I think she is an entitled spoiled privileged woman and her father dying has done nothing to change my opinion of her.  If anyone wants to join me I will siting over  here having a late lunch.

I’m right there with you. What’s your poison??????

• Love 14

Re Meghan's time off, I think it's safe to say that celebrities on TV talk shows are not subject to the same rules as someone in the "regular" working world.  It's just the way it is.

It's like Julie Chen taking time off The Talk because her husband left the company due to his sexual allegations.  I am sure most employers would let you use up your vacation time to get yourself together, but then it would be get back to work or you're fired.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wassamattu? Badenov!!!???????????

Further evidence she never did her prep or homework and watched the last season to get a handle and inform herself.

Joining you, ??

• Love 9

I will watch later.  I am in the waiting room to get an MRI of my back.  They ask you come 30 minutes early to fill out paper work that takes 2 minutes and then run late.  The medical community doesn't care if you wait but god forbid if they have to.  AND the receptionist is flat with no affect. Not a good morning or a smile.  I will kill her later. 

Sorry for the digression. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 21
23 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Sara was the one who held the panel together, tbh, and her leaving has destabilized the show again. And when Meh-gun comes back, the show will be even worse considering how toxic a person she is. I loved Sunny's comments about the hurricane hitting the coast and the treatment of Puerto Rico.

Abby is useless, especially since she's just a Meh-gun clone that shrieks less. She used all of the same tactics Meh-gun did when Stormy was on this show the first time: slutshaming her, insinuating she's only out for money, giving her death glares, and asking why she doesn't think about poor Melania and Barron!!

iTA!! Very much this!  I gave Abby the benefit of the doubt and tried to find a like in her the first few days, even the first week! And i think she was feeling her oats, so to speak, and now is trying to play the villianess.  Nah, over it. Over you Abby.  Not a fan.

Ps to add, I miss you so much Sara-h!!!  Please come back!  Or do both shows. You can do that. Its the same company.  Sara -H, voice of reason, who knew? Hah

Edited by Tammee
More to say lol
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, PeterBrady said:

Exactly. I honestly think that Whoopi, Joy or Sunny would likely do the same thing. They are all entitled people who don’t live in the real world like the rest of us. No need to pick on Meghan.

I can understand why Meghan is in no hurry to come back to the table. It’s exhausting trying to get everyone to understand her Truth. Take all the time you need, hon. 

• Love 23
55 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Damn, Sunny was really obnoxious during the Planned Parenthood discussion.

Nah i dont think obnoxious.  Passionate maybe.  She was already fired up re: PR, and then 45 s change of PP was just the topper methinks.  Shes frustrated, as am I

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Wings said:

I will watch later.  I am in the waiting room to get an MRI of my back.  They ask you come 30 minutes early to fill out paper work that takes 2 minutes and the run late.  The medical community doesn't care if you wait but god forbid if they have to.  AND the receptionist is flat with no affect. Not a good morning or a smile.  I will kill her later. 

Sorry for the digression. 

Ill be checking the papers and news. No jury would convict you. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

Re Meghan's time off, I think it's safe to say that celebrities on TV talk shows are not subject to the same rules as someone in the "regular" working world.  It's just the way it is.

It's like Julie Chen taking time off The Talk because her husband left the company due to his sexual allegations.  I am sure most employers would let you use up your vacation time to get yourself together, but then it would be get back to work or you're fired.

Absolutely!  Different workplaces have different policies, also.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Noone is picking on Megan, I could care less if she ever returns.  I am enjoying the respite before she comes back and sucks all of the oxygen out of the room with her inane sophomoric opinions that are based on hyper partisanship, ignorance , misinformation and lies.. 

Are we talking about Elizabeth Hasselbeck? ;)

Hey, that could be a Want Ad for the View when they hire:

WANTED: Panelist who...."sucks all of the oxygen out of the room with her inane sophomoric opinions that are based on hyper partisanship, ignorance , misinformation and lies.." 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I  think it's a safe bet Meghan would be against anything that would fix that system.  I'm not going to apologize for still not liking her.  If anyone wants to join me I will siting over here having a late lunch.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Joining you, ??

Please make room for me. Thanks!

• Love 7

Abby’s ignorance right off the bat annoyed the hell out of me. If your definition of a dictator is the picture of what Adolf Hitler represents, then you really need to pick up books and read more often. A dictator gives orders and exerts a complete sense of control that ultimately governs for their own self-interests and not governing for the interests of the people. Sunny defended this notion by explaining that more attention was given to NFL players taking a knee than there was to saving American lives in PR. That incompetence and lack of care was a result of fuelling the self-interests of Trump and his popularity when he could have been spending that time trying to care for Americans who were suffering through the devastating effects of a hurricane. That is in fact a characteristic of a dictator. Abby, please show me any rule or definition that says to qualify as a dictator, one must have experience in mass genocides and killing political enemies? Sunny was bringing it with her PR points. You can’t blame Trump for all of the effects of a natural disaster and MAYBE you can argue that he did enough, but to flat out deny the death toll is such a spit in the face to those who have died unnecessarily and to the families who have survived them and are still trying to pick up the pieces of their life. That’s a fucking shame that those comments would come out of the mouth of anyone, let alone the most powerful person in the country.

As a Canadian who watches this show and is constantly exposed to American news, it’s amazing to me how ‘leftist’ Canada is compared to America. Even our version of a Conservative party rarely campaign on abortion rights. It is legal in Canada and is covered by our healthcare system and yet, for those who politically oppose it, it’s often a low priority talking point. There are even vocal pro-choice members of the Conservative party and as a party, they say that their members will vote with their consciences, whichever way that may be. And back to Sunny, she lost me on her pro-life comments. I’m not sure how you can be pro-woman and be pro-life when what that really means is advocating for politics to regulate a woman’s body. I’m glad that Whoopi pointed out that tax payers money goes to fund a lot of things that, on an individual level, not everyone supports and in some cases, may completely object to it.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 23

Sunny was fine during the abortion discussion. We know this is her thing, so it's to be expected. I don't think any of the questions were out of line, and the Doctor handled herself really well.

I think it's actually beneficial to have Sunny's questions come up because then we get a will reasoned, rational response.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 12

I'll give Sunny all due respect for her religious views re abortion, but I'd like to know where she got her statistics (did she say?) and would ask her if she thinks PP should be defunded, given all the other medical services they provide families. What alternative does she suggest?

• Love 13

Abby should read Bob Woodward’s book before she launches into another Trump defense.  She doesn’t realize that many Republicans, more knowledgable than she, would not necessarily back her up.  Granted they are not speaking out either so why she feels the need is beyond me.  Hitler?  Oh come on.  She can’t be that stupid.  Or can she?  

I will kill her too, after I nail the receptionist at the imaging facility.   Being in pain with a gun can be productive.  I added gun tho my errand list. 

• Love 8

Norm MacDonald seemed very out of sorts on the show today.  I think he is going through something (other than his recent statements).  I want to listen to the Stern interview now as you could tell in that interview if there is a problem.  I like Norm, but this whole interview seemed odd.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Go Sunny! she schooled Abby.  That was just delicious to see and Abby is out of her depth..

Thank you Whoopie for mentioning the US Virgin islands.

Sunny handed her her behind on a platter. Every time they cut to commercial, you could see her looking in Sunny's direction. She also kept making a point to cosign Sunny on everything after that exchange. She knew she'd screwed up big time. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, burghgal said:

Norm MacDonald seemed very out of sorts on the show today.  I think he is going through something (other than his recent statements).  I want to listen to the Stern interview now as you could tell in that interview if there is a problem.  I like Norm, but this whole interview seemed odd.

He seemed sad. I have never known much about him and didn't even know about this story until he was on today. When the ladies were talking about what you can come back from, well... Like Sunny, I thought MacDonald came across genuinely sorry about what he said, unlike, say, Roseanne, and that makes the difference to me.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Abby can only spout R talking points....and I mean headlines. She cannot defend them or even attempt to justify them.

I agree.  She's not very smart to begin with, and doesn't seem to be the slightest bit prepared for any kind of discussion.   Once she shares her talking point, she has nothing further to add, and absolutely no ability to think on her feet.  I have no idea what she thought this job entailed, but she is very ill-suited for it.   There is no depth to her at all, and she looks foolish more often than not.  She's in over her head, big-time.  

• Love 21
8 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Watching norm Macdonald was very uncomfortable. It was all so awkward. 

8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Poor Norm, he's a Canadian so I feel for him.  He's had/has problems.

That was such an odd interview.   He looked like he was trying so hard not to say another wrong thing and usually he rambles on and on.    Norm has been friends with Roseanne forever and always seemed protective of her.  He did mention he didn’t want anyone to kill themselves when speaking of Roseanne.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, burghgal said:

I agree about Norm. I'm not an avid follower of his career, but I've seen enough of him to know that he's often a rambling style comic and he often would have a smile on his face but his entire demeanor was so different yesterday. He wasn't really his normal style of engaging and he looked genuinely sad to me. It does suck that the initial comments that started the firestorm were comments that were taken out of specific comments which made them seem far worse than they really were. And then he did himself so favours when he tried to clarify himself on Howard Stern's show. Hopefully he can bounce back from this because unlike many people who have been caught up in controversies lately whose remorse seemed tied to what they had lost and what they had to endure, his sadness seems to come from being misunderstood and as a result, offending people when he never intended to do so at all.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

As a Canadian who watches this show and is constantly exposed to American news, it’s amazing to me how ‘leftist’ Canada is compared to America.

You can take that Medicare from our cold, dead hands!

10 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I have no idea what she thought this job entailed, but she is very ill-suited for it.   There is no depth to her at all, and she looks foolish more often than not.  She's in over her head, big-time.  

This could be about Meghan.  Obviously TPTB want this type of person on the show, to communicate the other side's viewpoint.  I must say, that Abby doesn't bother me.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I agree.  She's not very smart to begin with, and doesn't seem to be the slightest bit prepared for any kind of discussion.   Once she shares her talking point, she has nothing further to add, and absolutely no ability to think on her feet.  I have no idea what she thought this job entailed, but she is very ill-suited for it.   There is no depth to her at all, and she looks foolish more often than not.  She's in over her head, big-time.  

My thoughts exactly.

• Love 6

I'm fine with Meghan taking as much time as she needs. If ABC is letting her take the time, then she should take it. I know I would. But why does the View keep showing her in the intro, when she isn't going to show up? Maybe they changed the rules, but it started only recently. I keep expecting her to show up, only to see four chairs.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

This could be about Meghan.  Obviously TPTB want this type of person on the show, to communicate the other side's viewpoint. I must say, that Abby doesn't bother me.

But that’s not what this show is about. It’s about sharing their own views. Not parroting talking points or what’s written for them on the blue cards. If Abby agrees with those poInto-fine-STATE why she does instead of reading and not explaining why she agrees or disagrees.

The suits at ABC got FUCKED OVER BUT GOOD with respect to other programming. And still they didn’t learn and saddles viewers with empty, intellectually bankrupt vessels.

27 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I'm fine with Meghan taking as much time as she needs. If ABC is letting her take the time, then she should take it. I know I would. But why does the View keep showing her in the intro, when she isn't going to show up? Maybe they changed the rules, but it started only recently. I keep expecting her to show up, only to see four chairs.

Because she’s a special and delicate ❄️ 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10

"I won't judge a woman for her choices in a marriage, but what about Hillary not being transparent in her personal anguish." Abby Nepotism Huntsman

I can't believe Joy is still on that "Bernie woulda won" bs. People of color rejected him, he lost the primary by 4 million votes. He wouldn't have won shit. 

I hate Michael Moore btw.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 11

Michael Moore is talking about how there might be a moment that Trump will use to take away the rights of the people, as he targets one group. He is making it to be a scary thing and pleading to everyone to not let this happen, but maybe it's because I'm Muslim and a black immigrant, but didn't this happen with Bush? Didn't his policies pave the way for a Trump universe?

The MM segment has been okay thus far, but I found this part a bit tone deaf. If Trump does go this route, then he's only following what Bush did back when he was President. I mean, MM even made a movie about it, so I don't get it.

• Love 4