Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, SMama said:

I keep everything in my phone, and it’s shared with my iPad and MacBook. I’ll just have to cross my fingers my phone doesn’t crash. Although SGirl, SBaba, and I share a family calendar. That way we can see what everyone should be doing. 

I do that too - iPhone, iPad and iMac, AND a paper planner from the Dollar Store, because one cannot be too careful!!!

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For work I use Outlook, for home we use a paper planner. Old habits die hard. So hard, we buy the same planner every single year, lol.

LOL, despite several tutorials, Mr. Kitty can't get the hang of the calendar on his phone (which I kindly share with him). So, we have a wall calendar for all of his appointments. Since he's still going to PT once a week, and the sessions are on different days at differing times, he needs it. 

• Like 6
On 6/1/2023 at 5:27 PM, SMama said:

Abbie is shilling a planner on IG. Who the heck uses those nowadays? 

Many teachers use planners for planning units, tests, conferences, etc.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

There was chatter that she was in attendance when the last Duggar grandbaby was born. A picture surfaced with a curly haired nurse in the background. But I don't recall if her face could be seen. 

Brought this over from Jill/Derick thread since it is about Abbie working as a nurse.  It was discussed in this thread or Joy's and I think Joy had said that her SIL worked at the hospital where she was delivering. 

Edited by auntieminem
  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

Austin's sister is a doula and attended at least one of Joy's births.  Labor and Delivery nursing is a really specialized type of practice and it's really unlikely Abbie went from non-practising LPN to L & D nurse in the blink of an eye.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I can't tell if this is Abbie or not, but, at least at my hospital, it is entirely possible that an LVN would be working in the newborn nursery.  Only RNs in NICU, but LVNs can work in regular nursery and postpartum care.  This includes care for C/S deliveries with no complications.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I can't tell if this is Abbie or not, but, at least at my hospital, it is entirely possible that an LVN would be working in the newborn nursery.  Only RNs in NICU, but LVNs can work in regular nursery and postpartum care.  This includes care for C/S deliveries with no complications.  

LPN's can work in all aspects of labor, delivery and postpartum.  It is quite possible that Abby is now working in the healthy newborn nursery or even on labor and delivery where getting the initial weight and measurements on a newborn is part of her job.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
14 hours ago, Quof said:

Austin's sister is a doula and attended at least one of Joy's births.  Labor and Delivery nursing is a really specialized type of practice and it's really unlikely Abbie went from non-practising LPN to L & D nurse in the blink of an eye.

Joy doesn’t know the difference between a doula and a nurse?

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Joy doesn’t know the difference between a doula and a nurse?

Probably not.

I think that even those of us who actually spend time thinking about them and the poor education they received would be surprised by how many really common, ordinary things they haven't seen and don't understand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
10 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Probably not.

I think that even those of us who actually spend time thinking about them and the poor education they received would be surprised by how many really common, ordinary things they haven't seen and don't understand.

But didn’t Jana once train as a doula?

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think she did for a very short time. I still think it's possible (probable?) that Joy doesn't know the difference between a nurse and a doula. The family really doesn't value education and I can see her being unable to understand the difference between "taking a class" and "getting a certification" and "getting a degree." I also don't think she really understands or cares about different areas of expertise.

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Yes, but only so she could be Jill's accountability buddy while she was training to be a "midwife". She clearly had no interest in it.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

Yes, but only so she could be Jill's accountability buddy while she was training to be a "midwife". She clearly had no interest in it.

I felt bad for both girls. Jill clearly wanted to do it and couldn't do it unless she found someone else to be her accountability partner and Jana didn't want to do it but had to.

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I felt bad for both girls. Jill clearly wanted to do it and couldn't do it unless she found someone else to be her accountability partner and Jana didn't want to do it but had to.

Right? I guess they didn't trust her proctor, Venessa, to oversee her and shield her from sin. There was nothing wrong with her while Jill trained under her; all her problems came long after Jill had graduated. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

I guess individuality is frowned on in the Duggar family. That's why is so hard to come up with anything particular to that child when wishing them a Happy Birthday on SM, which presumably, they won't see until adulthood for the boys and after marriage for the girls.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Right? I guess they didn't trust her proctor, Venessa, to oversee her and shield her from sin. There was nothing wrong with her while Jill trained under her; all her problems came long after Jill had graduated. 

That and Venessa was incompetent. Too bad Jill couldn't be trained with a competent midwife.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
On 10/28/2023 at 9:26 AM, cmr2014 said:

Probably not.

Does Joy know the difference between your and you're?  Doula vs nurse is WAY too hard!  HA!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Does Abby photoshop herself? She doesn’t look like herself. JD looks happy.

Abby looks the same to me, just a bit thinner (which is noticeable in the face). Also her hair is pulled back (which makes sense given the climate). 

• Like 13
On 11/13/2023 at 8:47 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Abby looks the same to me, just a bit thinner (which is noticeable in the face). Also her hair is pulled back (which makes sense given the climate). 

That’s it. She lost weight. Her face shape is different too. 

They actually look happy which is nice. Beats the way Jessa and Ben look lol.

• Like 12
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

That’s it. She lost weight. Her face shape is different too. 

They actually look happy which is nice. Beats the way Jessa and Ben look lol.

I’m not sure she had any weight to lose 😢

• Like 3
  • Sad 1