Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

John also appears to be a pilot for someone because he posted awhile back that a client told him to bring his wife and come along on a trip.  Sounds like he is paid to fly someone around.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

Adorable!

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

Those kids are just exceptionally cute!  Love Gracie's little green rainboots

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Those are cute kids and Abbie is wearing appropriate clothes (jean shorts). Compare them to the poor Rod kids. 

and charlie got to eat a strawberry. I doubt to rod kids would be allowed.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Charlie's shorts. Too cute, they are below his knees.

The strawberry juice all over the bib just completes the picture.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Quof said:

Grace seems to be the only flower girl whose hair was under control.  Abbie knows how to work with curls.  

She should give Agressa some tips!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Where/how did Abbie and JD meet?

They grew up attending the same homeschool conferences together for about 18 years, but officially met when he flew to Oklahoma for a church event. They started “courting” in June, 2018 and got married in November, 2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Grace seems to be the only flower girl whose hair was under control.  Abbie knows how to work with curls.  

In some of the group photos, Abbie's hair looks like ramen (shades of Kody Brown). In some of the other photos, her hair is lovely. 

• Like 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

She should give Agressa some tips!

Gracie's hair was/(is?) truly curly and much thicker than the Vuolo and Seewald girls. Jessa and Jinger are forcing something that's not there.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 8
(edited)
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They grew up attending the same homeschool conferences together for about 18 years, but officially met when he flew to Oklahoma for a church event. They started “courting” in June, 2018 and got married in November, 2018.

JD flew his parents to the conference. He just happened to run into Abbie there. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
40 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They really do. It almost makes JD look, well, maybe not exactly handsome, but a good, solid average, with some extra points for congeniality. He really seems to have shed that sort of creepy Duggarish vibe that they all grew up with.

I feel like the Duggar boys might be considered "handsome" if they had been allowed to develop their own personalities and interests instead of the cookie cutter Wonder Bread aura they all seem to have had when they were younger, instilled in them by Meech and JB.  Same with the Rod kids - who knows what potential talents have been stifled in all of these kids because they were never allowed to grow as individual humans?

I do agree, JD looks to be the most naturally happy of all of his siblings.

• Like 18
11 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I feel like the Duggar boys might be considered "handsome" if they had been allowed to develop their own personalities and interests instead of the cookie cutter Wonder Bread aura they all seem to have had when they were younger, instilled in them by Meech and JB.  Same with the Rod kids - who knows what potential talents have been stifled in all of these kids because they were never allowed to grow as individual humans?

I do agree, JD looks to be the most naturally happy of all of his siblings.

Or at least have people be able to tell the boys' apart. The Duggar sisters were easy to tell apart Jana does everything,  Jill parrots whatever her parents' say, Jessa's a bitch, and Jinger wants live in a city. The boys? Except for Golden Boy and John David who has a plane. Before the plane John David stood out as much as the rest of the boys. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Or at least have people be able to tell the boys' apart. The Duggar sisters were easy to tell apart Jana does everything,  Jill parrots whatever her parents' say, Jessa's a bitch, and Jinger wants live in a city. The boys? Except for Golden Boy and John David who has a plane. Before the plane John David stood out as much as the rest of the boys. 

I still can't quite tell most of the boys apart, but that's as much because I was never able to remember which name went with which face as because the faces themselves are so cookie-cutter similar. Somehow, the girls' faces always seemed easier to differentiate. 

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Somehow, the girls' faces always seemed easier to differentiate. 

With the oldest girls especially, they all have distinctive enough faces that, IMO, it has always been far easier to tell them apart than any of the boys or even the younger girls. 

• Like 10
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

With the oldest girls especially, they all have distinctive enough faces that, IMO, it has always been far easier to tell them apart than any of the boys or even the younger girls. 

It also helps they were older on the show and got way more air time. The girls courted and had tv weddings. Once in a while they had interests, real or scripted that gave a tiny hint of different personality. Jill likes midwifery or whatever.

The kids younger than Josiah were mostly shown running in a feral pack. No difference one from the next.

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It also helps they were older on the show and got way more air time. The girls courted and had tv weddings. Once in a while they had interests, real or scripted that gave a tiny hint of different personality. Jill likes midwifery or whatever.

The kids younger than Josiah were mostly shown running in a feral pack. No difference one from the next.

Yeah very true. The older girls all had personas, such as they were, or at least somewhat individual vibes. 

• Like 7
On 8/22/2024 at 6:51 AM, ginger90 said:

IMG_7702.jpeg

IMG_7703.jpeg

I agree that they always look happy. He was always dorky, but he just seemed like a complete non-entity. I think they're really happy together and they don't appear to be in the breeding derby which is great for the whole family. I think that moving out, and getting some autonomy and having someone that he could actually talk to really opened up a whole new world for him. It's just night and day.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

It helps that Abbie seems to be her own person with a degree and an actual profession. Living with someone like that had to have been good for JD.

I think Abbie and John have made a great couple. It had to have helped that they didn't rush into marriage so young and John was a bit stealth rather than involving his father from the beginning.  John had perfected staying off JB's watch by that point.  Abbie completed an LPN or LVN type nursing program.  I don't know if she also got an associate degree, but having that option to work has been good for them, too..

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I think Abbie and John have made a great couple. It had to have helped that they didn't rush into marriage so young and John was a bit stealth rather than involving his father from the beginning.  John had perfected staying off JB's watch by that point.  Abbie completed an LPN or LVN type nursing program.  I don't know if she also got an associate degree, but having that option to work has been good for them, too..

I think Abbie currently works. She might be the only Duggar woman to hold a 9-5 job.

• Like 8