Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/3/2018

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

She doesn't seem very bright.  99% of what she said made me think, "Thank you, Captain Obvious"

Everything she said is common knowledge and very basic.  It didn't give me confidence that she's going to bring much to the table.

That's my biggest complaint; she's a dim bulb.

For the record, her father is the US Ambassador to Russia.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I wondered if she was wearing Nikes, thanks.

On the Nike discussion, they kind of danced around the topic, saying that Nike will lose customers and mentioning that people are burning their Nikes.  They missed making the point that people are pretty stupid to be burning Nike shoes and apparel and if they really just want to protest Nike, the twitterverse encouraged people to donate their Nike gear to homeless shelters.  

Also, Abby seemed to think that Nike didn't realize how this would impact their brand.  Think again, miss Abby, it is all about the brand.  Middle aged and old white people are burning their Nikes.  Doesn't Abby understand who Nike's market is?  Yes, they are taking a stand, but this is all about marketing to their most lucrative market, and that is surely not old white people.

Abby will not be able to hold her own, I think.  And it makes no sense to have Meghan's bestie at the table.

Whoopi said she didn't make it to the McCain funeral, in Washington DC, because her plane had mechanical problems.  First of all, she has a plane?!  Secondly, what was wrong with the train or her bus?

I was disappointed at the discussion about Aretha's funeral. I would much rather have heard behind the scenes stories considering some of the amazing people who were there.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This x1000

As I've said, I stopped watching months ago and won't watch again, but, I still read the comments here. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Good for Nike. Was happy to read about the Kaepernick deal.
  • Love 13

I was disappointed that Whoopie mentioned that Ariana Grande caught some flack about her skimpy outfit (victim blaming?) when the real story was about the pervy bishop feeling her up on her breast under the pretext of a hug. His apology didnt go over very well either. He has been dragged on twitter. Neither did Whoopi mention the flack the pastor is getting for his eulogy. If she wanted to keep it positive, then why mention Ariana's so-called inappropriate outfit. So disappointed in Whoops.

I bought Nike gear today.

Edited by Morgalisa
Added support of Nike
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'd prefer cold abby over snowflake meghan.

Sadly, we're stuck with them both.  It would be preferable to pink slip MM, but she's not going anywhere, especially now.  At least Abby didn't make me scream at the TV today, but maybe she was just being the new kid at school and playing nice........well, at least in comparison to Megs.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I was disappointed that Whoopie mentioned that Ariana Grande caught some flack about her skimpy outfit (victim blaming?) when the real story was about the pervy bishop feeling her up on her breast under the pretext of a hug. His apology didnt go over very well either. He has been dragged on twitter. Neither did Whoopi mention the flack the pastor is getting for his eulogy. If she wanted to keep it positive, then why mention Ariana's so-called inappropriate outfit. So disappointed in Whoops.

Aren't those two different bishops? The one who assaulted AR and the one being dragged by Franklin's family for his eulogy? As far as I know, the family isn't dragging the one who molested Grande.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Punctuation
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Sadly, we're stuck with them both.  It would be preferable to pink slip MM, but she's not going anywhere, especially now.  At least Abby didn't make me scream at the TV today, but maybe she was just being the new kid at school and playing nice........well, at least in comparison to Megs.

I'm not sure I would choose one over the other at this point.  It's only Day One.  Meghan didn't irritate me on her first day nearly as much as she did in the days that followed.  So we'll see how Abby does, but I think it's likely she'll be annoying in her own way before too long.  Time will tell.  :-)

• Love 6

I forgot to watch today, but not interested in tracking it down online.  In fact, I think I'm officially done with the show.  It used to be that we could sort of relate to the co-hosts, even though we knew they were both rich and famous.

Now, however, there are 2 co-hosts with fathers who are/were politicians, and were in the running to be President of the United States.  Forgetting the fact that I am Canadian, there's still no way I can relate to their lives. 

I'll probably keep reading the forum, just to see how things are going. And, as I never say never anymore, who knows, I might turn it on someday.

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Aren't those two different bishops? The one who assaulted AR and the one being dragged by Franklin's family for his eulogy? As far as I know, the family isn't dragging the one who molested Grande.

The Bishop was the emcee. He assaulted Ariana. The pastor from Atlanta gave the eulogy and was dragged by the public and then the family released a statement. The family has not released a statement about the perv Bishop.

• Love 9

I watched today since that vile toad wasn't there, thank God. Well, aside from the infomercial trying--yet again--to make the Viewers give a sh*t about her despite the fact that she was a rude, hateful piece of trash all last year. My only thought about Abby was that she was playing nice because it was her first day. I'm still confident everything will change when Meh-gun returns. When one of them stops screaming, the other will start.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I wish more people would actually point this out to people who bring up their connection or 'respect' for the military as the reason that they are against the kneeling. And it can't be said enough that Colin spoke with a veteran and took the advice of the vet on what he felt would be the best way to protest in way that allowed for the message to be conveyed effectively but in a respectful manner. Not everyone will agree with this vet's advice but the very fact that Colin reached out to have the discussion ahead of time shows that his intent was never about disrespect. For as many times as they have discussed this issue on the show, I'm not sure if they've ever explicitly pointed out those two points and demanded a response that at least acknowledged these facts. It's easier for people to make it about disrespect than acknowledging the message of his protest because many of the people who say they are against the kneeling are the same ones who diminish the protest message by bringing up black on black crime. Truthfully, Sunny, Whoopi and Joy should just save Beto o'Rourke's explanation to file and roll the clip every time the subject comes up and the conservatives/guests pretend to not understand the issue.  When someone can encapsulate an argument as eloquently and as powerfully as he did, you don't need to reinvent that wheel.

I wish that they would actually have Colin on the show to explain his position to all that simply don't understand.  I was disappointed today when Abby said that there are no gray areas in the flag kneeling issue, only black and white. I hate to break it to her, but there is plenty of gray. I personally believe that one should make a difference, not a statement, but that is not to say that I don't understand, and respect, a player's right to kneel; and I do realize that many players do both. Abby bored me today. I have no doubt that will become dislike by the end of the week. I was moved by Joy's statements today regarding George W. Bush; that he truly loves the country, and that all people at the funeral had a love of country. That is exactly was is missing right now; a love of country, and a respect for all citizens living in this country. I have these exact same discussions with my friends and family, and this is exactly what we all proclaim. It was reflective to hear that stated on The View today.

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I wish that they would actually have Colin on the show to explain his position to all that simply don't understand.

I think people like Abby and Meghan will listen to what he has to say, and completely go back to their original assertion that he is disrespecting the military and the flag. There is no "gray" in their worldview. It's hard to think outside the box they love, dammit!

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I watched at least seven hours.  Whoopi could have shared so many great BTS stories, but she didn't.

Yes, Ariana should have worn a different outfit. According to Whoopi, it is necessary to cover the arms.  But watching it, with Ariana dancing in front of the pervs row (Clinton, Jackson), essentially old guys looking at her dancing in front of them, my thoughts were  that this young woman should not have worn a short dress.  And, from my understanding, a short dress would not be appropriate at any funeral.

But then, worse, was this creepy Bishop. You could just see in her face and body language that she was creeped out but did not want to say anything.  Most women have been in this situation, but not in such a public forum.  Watching it live, I was uncomfortable for her. 

So if people want to criticize Ariana for her short skirt and arms not covered, then where are they commenting on the weirdo Bishop who groped her?

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Tunia said:

You didn't miss much,

I also was surprised at how borderline boring the show was, especially after having been off-air for a month and with all the news that had transpired in that time. 

Abby doesn't bring anything interesting to the table.  Now, if Ana had been there, it would have been a show worth watching.  Ana's personality is magnetic.

Abby owes her agent a huge Christmas bonus this year.  He must have worked overtime to get her this gig.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay I can not stand little Miss Abby.  I guess we are going to have to make a chart every time one of these brats says "my father". She's an idiot. 

10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I watched today since that vile toad wasn't there, thank God. Well, aside from the infomercial trying--yet again--to make the Viewers give a sh*t about her despite the fact that she was a rude, hateful piece of trash all last year. My only thought about Abby was that she was playing nice because it was her first day. I'm still confident everything will change when Meh-gun returns. When one of them stops screaming, the other will start.

My thoughts exactly.  Between the two of them, each and every show will be peppered with "my father" this and "my father" that.  Don't these idiots have any ideas of their own they can offer?  Miss Abby gives off an entitled vibe but I didn't pick up the angry vibe "her sister" exhibits on a daily basis (not just while eulogizing her father, it's who she really is).  I also think she is more articulate and seems able to formulate a complete sentence.  She didn't read from her blue cards each time she spoke.  All in all, she presents herself in a more mature fashion than her partner on the show.

The true test will be when NutMeg returns and is basking in the glory of her recent media exposure.  I think she's going to be even more insufferable, if that's possible.  Miss Abby is going to be her wingman.  NutMeg won't want Abby receiving more attention or accolades than she receives and I predict there will be a comment that she is the one responsible for bringing her on the show.  Abby better not try to outshine the Queen.  She'll be put in her place, sister or not.

Was it me or did Joy seem "off" today?  She didn't appear happy, almost annoyed.  She didn't seem to be herself.

• Love 10

Badbea99, love NutMeg

When I heard the stories over the weekend of John McCain and his legendary temper and how he held his breath as a child until he passed out, I thought that should be NutMeg's next trick. I'd love to see her just keel over, fall off her chair. Then they finish the show with her on the floor. Lol. A person can dream, right. Seriously, she is John McCain in a dress and needs anger management.

• Love 9

I don't care for Abby but I don't get a mean hateful vibe from her like with Meghan.  I didn't agree with most of what she said yesterday concerning Colin Kapernik and the kneeling but at least she didn't scream and pout when someone disagreed with her.  

She is married with a young child and her husband isn't in politics.  She doesn't seem to live and breathe politics the way Meghan does.  

Time will tell if she is a full fledged member of Meghan's tribe. She did leave the Church of the Latter Day Saints because of their stance on women's equality and LGTB issues.

1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

Was it me or did Joy seem "off" today?  She didn't appear happy, almost annoyed.  She didn't seem to be herself.

It's hard to be yourself when your country is becoming a country you don't recognize.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

I remember when Jon Huntsman was running for something a few  years ago - very bland, looked great but very little to say that was meaningful (my opinion only)  I'm afraid Abby is going to be the same way...

In other words, not polarizing.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bannana said:

I watched at least seven hours.  Whoopi could have shared so many great BTS stories, but she didn't.

Yes, Ariana should have worn a different outfit. According to Whoopi, it is necessary to cover the arms.  But watching it, with Ariana dancing in front of the pervs row (Clinton, Jackson), essentially old guys looking at her dancing in front of them, my thoughts were  that this young woman should not have worn a short dress.  And, from my understanding, a short dress would not be appropriate at any funeral.

But then, worse, was this creepy Bishop. You could just see in her face and body language that she was creeped out but did not want to say anything.  Most women have been in this situation, but not in such a public forum.  Watching it live, I was uncomfortable for her. 

So if people want to criticize Ariana for her short skirt and arms not covered, then where are they commenting on the weirdo Bishop who groped her?

I see her choice of outfit and the Bishop's behaviour as two separate issues and as long as people treat them separately, then it's fine. Much like what you did - you shared an opinion on your choice of outfit but more egregious is the behaviour of the Bishop so if you're going to comment on the outfit, it seems almost necessary to comment on the behaviour that was a much worse offense than her short dress. Thankfully, I haven't personally seen any comments online that suggest that she was 'asking for it' because of what she wore. And from my experience, the Bishop's behaviour has gotten more attention than her outfit. I didn't see the funeral live so I'm not sure if the grope happened before or after her performance but I saw the images and gifs of her outfit online first (and agreed that her outfit seemed inappropriate) and then quickly after that was a sweeping amount of pictures and gifs of the groping moment. It was uncomfortable to watch, especially because you could see him squeezing her breast from the side and tightening his grip. His actions were not normal at all. Normal contact is a quick embrace and release, or resting your hand on the small of someone's back or resting your hand at the waist...why the hell are you hands that high up, Bishop?

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I see her choice of outfit and the Bishop's behaviour as two separate issues and as long as people treat them separately, then it's fine. Much like what you did - you shared an opinion on your choice of outfit but more egregious is the behaviour of the Bishop so if you're going to comment on the outfit, it seems almost necessary to comment on the behaviour that was a much worse offense than her short dress. Thankfully, I haven't personally seen any comments online that suggest that she was 'asking for it' because of what she wore. And from my experience, the Bishop's behaviour has gotten more attention than her outfit. I didn't see the funeral live so I'm not sure if the grope happened before or after her performance but I saw the images and gifs of her outfit online first (and agreed that her outfit seemed inappropriate) and then quickly after that was a sweeping amount of pictures and gifs of the groping moment. It was uncomfortable to watch, especially because you could see him squeezing her breast from the side and tightening his grip. His actions were not normal at all. Normal contact is a quick embrace and release, or resting your hand on the small of someone's back or resting your hand at the waist...why the hell are you hands that high up, Bishop?

The fact Whoopi brought up her dress but not what happened to her makes me give her the side eye.  Why comment on her dress at all?  And we all know Whoopi has a checkered history when it comes to men behaving badly towards women.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

The fact Whoopi brought up her dress but not what happened to her makes me give her the side eye.  Why comment on her dress at all?  And we all know Whoopi has a checkered history when it comes to men behaving badly towards women.

I hadn't seen that segment yesterday - I was under the assumption that both things were brought up. Though it doesn't surprise me one bit that Whoopi would be the one to bring up the dress and not the groping. Whoopi maybe has too many friends - because it seems anything that's too close to her she is unable to have a leveled perspective on it if it means that it may reflect negatively on someone she is friends with or admires. She lost with me with the whole Cosby thing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't care for Abby but I don't get a mean hateful vibe from her like with Meghan.  I didn't agree with most of what she said yesterday concerning Colin Kapernik and the kneeling but at least she didn't scream and pout when someone disagreed with her.  

She is married with a young child and her husband isn't in politics.  She doesn't seem to live and breathe politics the way Meghan does.  

Time will tell if she is a full fledged member of Meghan's tribe. She did leave the Church of the Latter Day Saints because of their stance on women's equality and LGTB issues.

Maybe people know her better than I do, but I don't have a strong opinion about her as yet.  She seems fine to me so far.  This is only her second day, how about some slack?  Her lips?  Jeeze, give me a break!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I wish Ana would have filled in for Meghan.

I follow Ana on Twitter, and Tuesday was the last day of her overseas vacation.

I agree, Tuesday's show had no sparks. Abby, I think, is just a more polished version of Meghan. She won't learn, she won't waver, she won't be passionate, she's there to sell her POV. She will probably make her points better and more persuasively than Meghan, but yesterday definitely felt more like Sunday morning news shows than The View.

And today, she tried to counter criticism of Americans being frightened by what is going on these days by saying a lie very matter-of-factly, "Half the people in the country voted for him." Thankfully Joy and Whoopi jumped on that. Besides it being factually inaccurate, it was a deflection. Sly, that Abby.

But -- OMAROSA IS GOING TO BE ON NEXT MONDAY! Omarosa, who was so nasty her last time at The View! She was so dismissive of the liberal panelists. Going to be interesting to see if they remind her of that previous appearance.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 17

Ok, I said I wasn't going to watch but I only did for five minutes. This Abby chick is on the very fast track to annoying.

She's already getting the rehearsed rapid speaking in gear, "move the needle" and I'm just waiting for "tribal". Heck she may even get in "fillet" by the end of the week.

This show will be unwatchable with her and Meghan.  It would be bad enough with both of them but since they consider each other a sister, it couldn't be worse.

Joy looks completely exhausted!

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

But -- OMAROSA IS GOING TO BE ON NEXT MONDAY! Omarosa, who was so nasty her last time at The View! She was so dismissive of the liberal panelists. Going to be interesting to see if they remind her of that previous appearance.

I may have to tune in next Monday merely for the shits and giggles. I'll never forget how nasty she was towards Joy.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She makes me scream. Pageant queen depth on all topics.

• Love 5

Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with Abby's work at Fox, but I don't mind her. She speaks calmly, states her points without shouting or throwing a tantrum. It's almost like she's having a conversation instead of viewing this as a debate. Despite who her father is, Abby doesn't seem like she has anything to prove. I may not agree with her on everything, but she's a massive improvement from Meghan. We'll have to see how she does on Friday and when Meghan comes, but so far she seems fine.

• Love 12

John Kerry was so good today. I could listen to him all day, so knowledgeable about so many things. His elegance, honesty and intelligence elevated the show today. I intend to read his book.

I could never take the people who whine about the NFL players taking a knee seriously because I remember the same people mocking John Kerry's service for his country.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18

Who knew I liked John Kerry THIS much? He was outstanding, and dying to talk. Made me realize how much I miss smart.

*thumps Huntsman on head*  Yep, the numbers DID speak for themself... majority of voters wanted Hillary. 

• Love 21
31 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

And today, she tried to counter criticism of Americans being frightened by what is going on these days by saying a lie very matter-of-factly, "Half the people in the country voted for him." Thankfully Joy and Whoopi jumped on that. Besides it being factually inaccurate, it was a deflection. Sly, that Abby.

Shit like that is going to get old pretty fucking quick.  Apparently Abby is just following Meghan's playbook.  When  you don't have the truth to back up what you say just lie.

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with Abby's work at Fox, but I don't mind her. She speaks calmly, states her points without shouting or throwing a tantrum. It's almost like she's having a conversation instead of viewing this as a debate. Despite who her father is, Abby doesn't seem like she has anything to prove. I may not agree with her on everything, but she's a massive improvement from Meghan. We'll have to see how she does on Friday and when Meghan comes, but so far she seems fine.

For sure!  I don't know what the beef is.

• Love 6

one of my bugaboos from last season has continued into the new one: Whoopi, whenever pronouncing a latin (or other ) name, has to over-pronounce the "r"s and do ridiculous tongue rolls. She did it several times with Sotamajor (sp)  and even Sunny didn't roll the "r" that much!

• Love 8
20 hours ago, bannana said:

Also, Abby seemed to think that Nike didn't realize how this would impact their brand.  Think again, miss Abby, it is all about the brand.  Middle aged and old white people are burning their Nikes.  Doesn't Abby understand who Nike's market is?  Yes, they are taking a stand, but this is all about marketing to their most lucrative market, and that is surely not old white people.

For the record I am an old white woman and know many more.  We are not burning our Nikes, no one is burning their damn shoes.  

• Love 20