Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/3/2018

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I like Jenna.  I wouldn't want to see her on this show though.

I'm not sure what the producers expect to get from Abby.  So far she doesn't bring a view that is any different than what Meghan brings.  And aside from very shiny hair and enormous lips there isn't much there there.  Maybe once Meghan is back (next week?) they will play tag team harpies, boosting each other up against the mean old liberals, but right now she's pretty bland.

I love, love the clip they showed of Kamala Harris asking Kavanaugh if there are any laws that allow the government to mess with men's bodies.  So what if she and Corey Booker are thinking about 2020?  It doesn't make their questions not relevant.

Meghan and Abby both daughters of Republican politicians.   Not quite sure what ABC thinks they are getting but whatever it is isn't improving the show.   Neither one of them would be where they are without their daddy's last name. 

Jenna Bush whom I'm sure has capitalized on her daddy's last name as well has at least formed a career not reliant on her family's politics.

• Love 13

When The View first started it was separate generations ( one panelist in her 20’s, one in her 30’s up to Barbara Walters, who I believe was in her 60’s.) giving their view on things. Guess they decided to dump that idea...

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

When The View first started it was separate generations ( one panelist in her 20’s, one in her 30’s up to Barbara Walters, who I believe was in her 60’s.) giving their view on things.

And those "things" were rarely politics!   Do we really NEED another all-politics-all-the-time program?

6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I love, love the clip they showed of Kamala Harris asking Kavanaugh if there are any laws that allow the government to mess with men's bodies.

...and Abby wouldn't (couldn't?) give her opinion on that question...she just flew in with parroting, "SHE is running for President."   OY!

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And those "things" were rarely politics!   Do we really NEED another all-politics-all-the-time program?

...and Abby wouldn't (couldn't?) give her opinion on that question...she just flew in with parroting, "SHE is running for President."   OY!

She just had to diminish Kamala Harris's brilliance. People from California should be so proud that she represents them. I was riveted by her.  She was mesmerizing and commanded attention. I cannot praise her enough.  This is truly the year of the woman...

I don't care for Abby. She brings nothing to the table. She is just another rich girl who has been given everything. Everybody currently on the panel has had to struggle to get where they are right now.  Her getting verklempt about having had a child left me cold. I know that I sound mean and heartless, but, it is how I feel. Tara and Ana would have been a much better fit.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

When The View first started it was separate generations ( one panelist in her 20’s, one in her 30’s up to Barbara Walters, who I believe was in her 60’s.) giving their view on things. Guess they decided to dump that idea...

Barbara's brain child & she's long gone & not calling any shots.

• Love 5
On 9/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, PeterBrady said:

when Abby said that she saved herself for marriage.

Did Abby actually "save herself for marriage"?   I thought she said she saved herself until she met "the one."  Not exactly the same thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She just had to diminish Kamala Harris's brilliance. People from California should be so proud that she represents them. I was riveted by her.  She was mesmerizing and commanded attention. I cannot praise her enough.  This is truly the year of the woman...

I don't care for Abby. She brings nothing to the table. She is just another rich girl who has been given everything. Everybody currently on the panel has had to struggle to get where they are right now.  Her getting verklempt about having had a child left me cold. I know that I sound mean and heartless, but, it is how I feel. Tara and Ana would have been a much better fit.. 

Abby seemed very dismissive of Senator Harris.   Harris owned Kavanaugh in that clip and all Abby could say well she is running for president.   And so fucking what?  

And yes Whoopi Joy and Sunny all grew up struggling.  They didn't have everything handed to them.  And they are the three cohosts who show the most empathy for people being negatively affected by this administration. Abby and Meghan grew up with silver spoons in their mouths and Meghan (too early to tell about Abby) shows the least empathy.  Coincidence?  I think not.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Did Abby actually "save herself for marriage"?   I thought she said she saved herself until she met "the one."  Not exactly the same thing.

I think she said she was a virgin until she met her husband, which could mean they had sex on their first date or on their wedding night or anytime in between. 

I thought it was hilarious when Sunny went fishing for compliments and nobody obliged.

Sunny: I blame my children for this. I tell them all the time, I used to be gorgeous before I had them.

[Crickets]

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Crickets except for her fake-cackling at her own joke...just a bit too long.

Yes. Now that you mention it, I do remember that. I took it as nervous laughter because nobody said anything.

• Love 4

I'm not warming towards Abby. It was immediately my Dad, I come from a military family........then she spouts the party lines but can't explain why she does, just her simplistic comment. 

I cannot understand why Harris and Booker cannot question Kavanaugh because "they are running for POTUS."

Can't these young women understand that even dems come from military families as well? 

I think it will be awful for Abby and Meghan's friendship when Abby doesn't really stand behind MM when she throws a hissy fit.

I watched all the McCain memorials.....I like him for a lot of reasons, but not for some. But I am now over it and the constant reminders and pity for MM. I hope she takes all her privileged time to get on with it as we all do when we have to get back to work after a devastating death of a loved one. And becomes her "strong woman" again.

ETA - like I think she is strong....anyone that has liked the above - feel free to delete.

Edited by maggiemae
A "s" and statement.
  • Love 8
On 9/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, Alexis2291 said:

This is only my second day watching the new season and the vibe is definitely different. Whoopi is more worked-up; Sunny isn't playing the coy girl role; Joy is being Joy, lol. The ladies seem much more vocal and less tense without that Negative Nancy screeching and whining about the audience not clapping.

I mentioned this yesterday but Whoopi is much more willing to shut-down Abby than she ever has been with Meghan - reading things off her blue card to Abby, cutting her off, ect. Abby is the new Jed for Whoopi. I wonder how long before the execs move her to the other side of the table, like they moved Jed.

I think this last season all of them walked on eggshells because of what was going on with Meghan's dad. Everything that is annoying about Meghan was only amplified thanks to the stress she was under. She was snapping at everybody. Hopefully, they won't continue the trend when she returns. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think it will be awful for Abby and Meghan's friendship when Abby doesn't really stand behind MM when she throws a hissy fit.

I guess, for me, this will be one reason to try to continue with this show.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

What makes you think Abby won't stand behind Meghan?  I think that's precisely why she was hired--because she will take Meghan's side and it won't seem like 3 mean old liberal Democrats piling on poor fatherless little Meggie.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think she said she was a virgin until she met her husband, which could mean they had sex on their first date or on their wedding night or anytime in between. 

I thought it was hilarious when Sunny went fishing for compliments and nobody obliged.

Sunny: I blame my children for this. I tell them all the time, I used to be gorgeous before I had them.

[Crickets]

I'm not a fan of Whoopi's WTF looks but this time I agreed. Sunny embarrassed herself big time.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t watch. This is one article that was written about it:

40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So they are taking heat for something they didn't do?

40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-view-hosts-under-fire-for-almost-mocking-melania-trump-accent-1202460302/amp/

You could tell Sunny was going to but Whoopi warned her not to.  So yeah they are getting flack for just thinking of doing something. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And yet, Colbert, who actually has someone “play” Melania, and Trevor, who impersonates her on a regular basis, aren’t called to the carpet????

Don’t get me wrong—Benanti is HILARIOUS AND I ????? whenever she’s mocked/spoofed. But I’m seeing a higher/double standard for this ever since Meghan and now Abby, have infected it.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It would be extremely poor taste for Sunny to mock Melania's accent; I'm sure she has been hurt by and criticized those who mocked accents of her foreign-born relatives.

She didn't do it!

GHScorpios--you're right about the infecting influence of MM. 

• Love 3

Well, Melania is a celebrity, and many celebrities and politicians with accents are mocked. I remember when comedians imitated JFK's Boston accent, and Jackie Kennedy's "breathy" voice.  It's not a new thing.  

But speaking of Melania's accent, she has been in this country for 22 years and I assume spoke English before she arrived.  I am surprised that her accent is still so thick.

• Love 10

I remember from linguistics class that if you learn a new language before age 12 ( approximately adolescence), that you WON'T have an accent; after age 12 or so, the native accent stays, without significant speech lessons.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Tosia said:
16 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It would be extremely poor taste for Sunny to mock Melania's accent; I'm sure she has been hurt by and criticized those who mocked accents of her foreign-born relatives.

She didn't do it!

I agree, she didn't...but Whoopi gave a stern warning as she started--and stopped immediately.  See the URL above....

• Love 2