Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Before buying #2, he was adamant about having an "open floor plan."  Probably just got through binge watching HGTV.  But the octagon house is anything but open floor plan.  From the photos, some of the rooms look a bit cramped due to the shape of the exterior walls.

See? This is what I'm talking about. I get people who don't want a "boring" house. I love an older house with character. But this is just Tyler's latest thing. He doesn't have an original thought in his head. He was all about open floor plans because we kept hearing it on House Hunters, most likely. Then he probably saw a bunch of episodes where people didn't want "boring" subdivision style homes, so he decided that's for him now. He's such a poser. 

• Love 18

If Cate and Tyler are paying cash for the houses because their credit sucks, then they shouldn't be buying houses. Having equity doesn't mean much if you don't qualify for an equity loan, should the need arise. Imo, of course.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, gunderda said:

orrrrrrrrr it's just better to buy with cash if you have it perhaps?  If they bought all of these houses with cash then they have a ton of equity. 

Not sure when it's ever been a bad thing to not have a mortgage..... if they didn't want to get proper inspections, then who cares?? 

It's better if they paid their property taxes on time.

Inspectors can find things that aren't always obvious to anyone else. With the way C&T spend money, I doubt they will have money in the future to cover their asses when the shit hits the uncovered fan.

Credit is where it is at. They are not establishing credit by buying things outright with cash. That is why Jenelle couldn't buy her own home or land. She has paid for everything with cash. One day when MTV is no longer their drug dealer, they will be up shit creek trying to figure out how to pay for the maintenance of a home, property taxes (ha!) and all the expenses that come with owning a home while BOTH of them have yet to acquire any job skills. Their choices don't affect me, just pointing out why paying cash is not always wise. 

9 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Before buying #2, he was adamant about having an "open floor plan."  Probably just got through binge watching HGTV.  But the octagon house is anything but open floor plan.  From the photos, some of the rooms look a bit cramped due to the shape of the exterior walls.

OMG yes!

Tyler is so bored in life, it is not the home that is "boring". He is impulsive and has the money to make things happen. He must have some kind of ADHD or something. Whatever, I don't care. Just an observation.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Tatum said:

I bet they did not spring for an appraisal, an environmental report, a home inspection, or title insurance either (all the things a bank would have required, at C&T's expense).

I'm pretty sure they did get an inspection--when Tyler was wanting to put in an offer, Cate said something about how they could back out if the inspection revealed problems.

• Love 1

This is where I respect Farrah more than the others. C&T have talked about things for years. Different companies they could start, jobs, etc. Their shitload of "passions." Except for a few things in the very beginning (her "culinary career", for starters) Farrah pretty much does what she says she's going to do. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

The whole thing seemed scripted. 

Didn't they already purchase the house when the episode was filmed? It was like watching House Hunters.

The sale date I saw was May 12, 2017. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber's scenes were mid April. It seems just about right that C&T were already in the process of buying it. 

What house is this? Did they buy a house in CA?

38 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

The octagon house.

Is it in Michigan? The reason I ask is I googled Tyler and Cate new house, and I saw an article about them house hunting in LA, dated fairly recently. They didn't buy a house in CA, did they?

32 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Is it in Michigan? The reason I ask is I googled Tyler and Cate new house, and I saw an article about them house hunting in LA, dated fairly recently. They didn't buy a house in CA, did they?

No, the latest purchase is in Michigan.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

What house is this? Did they buy a house in CA?

Go to this week's episode thread. You'll find the details of the 3rd house purchase. 

Also, visit next week's episode thread. Catelynn purchased a horse. 

24 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Go to this week's episode thread. You'll find the details of the 3rd house purchase. 

Thanks, I checked it out. I'm so glad I did, or I would have missed the post from the lovely @Brooklynista that explained that Cate likes the house because it reminds her of a taco bell crunch wrap. I almost pissed myself laughing.

Also, I couldn't find a recorded mortgage in that county, so maybe they did buy this third house with cash.

• Love 6

So Catelynn did admit on TV that she took someone else's Xanax, right?  Because she had a "panic attack."

Here's a thought .... if fulfilling your TM "job" duties is so stressful for you that you illegally obtain drugs to get  you through it, perhaps you should find a regular 9 to 5?

I want SO BADLY for these people to have to earn a living like the rest of us but dumbasses like me keep watching these damn shows. But I would seriously love to see Catelynn and Tyler try to maintain their standard of living off of Tierra Reign (stupid name and stupid "designs).

• Love 14

These people - real people go to school or spend years learning their craft in order to design clothes. Why do these people think they can just design a line?  Because Jessica Simpson does it and has made a bazillion dollars doing it?

I'd love to see Tyler on Project Runway. lol

• Love 5

It's their mission (not passion project, with this) to make the octagon house their home. (The picture is a very quick video)

Looks like a clothes line in the yard. Do you think they will use it? 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

These people - real people go to school or spend years learning their craft in order to design clothes. Why do these people think they can just design a line?  Because Jessica Simpson does it and has made a bazillion dollars doing it?

I'd love to see Tyler on Project Runway. lol

It is the rage for every other reality personality out there to write a book and to dream up some kind of line. So many of them have the money to throw at someone to make them a clothing line, eye wear line, make-up line, lipstick line, it is nauseating. 

The TM cast are taking a cue from those people. 

Tyler should just stick with a clothesline and hang up wet clothes on it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It's their mission (not passion project, with this) to make the octagon house their home. (The picture is a very quick video)

Looks like a clothes line in the yard. Do you think they will use it? 

I don't understand. It has been their dream since they were children to own a house like this. This house was on the market for a year but instead they bought the trailer looking house, renovated it, and then 5 months later bought this one. Why not just buy this one first?

• Love 11
On June 22, 2017 at 1:23 PM, ghoulina said:

I love an older house with character

Me too...but as an architect, I can't help worrying about lead paint.  It's a big problem in many old houses, and is expensive to mitigate correctly.  This family cannot afford to lose any I.Q. points.

• Love 18
(edited)
4 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Was this in an episode or actual 'news?' I don't remember it. 

Both. There was an episode where Cate and her mom went to pick up the pig and attempted to cover the car camera while smoking something, and it aired Tyler calling and asking what happened to the roaches (marijuana ends) that he had and couldn't find. Cate and her mom snickered and laughed about it, because they had smoked them then drove, and were aired driving and using.

Cate then admitted on the Tell-Nothing with Dr. Drew that she still smoked even after he told her that she shouldn't be using marijuana if she was using the psychotropic medications to treat her bipolar disorder and she got all snippy about it. She further tweeted that she now has her medical marijuana card and has learned that it isn't right to drive and smoke because she apparently had no idea that marijuana was an intoxicant before she learned it in a class. 

ETA: I wonder if they will film a house renovation project, and that will be their next "passion project" {gag} and will try and get show for that next.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This

https://mobile.twitter.com/TierraReign/status/878275910356447233/photo/1

apparently received comments, so Tyler tried to straighten it out. The first line of the post is a lie, Mr businessman, lol. And to me, the whole thing makes him appear less than prepared.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVsyq4ijbid/

The first tweet:

That little girl is very cute and I wish they didn't feel the need to put makeup on her. It's not "baby hooker"-ish, but she doesn't need any. I also didn't see any negative comments on the Twitter thread, so I'm wondering if he deleted the photo with the negative comments and reposted that one, or if I just can't see them because my computer is trying to protect me from reading too many comments about how great the fashion designs are out of fear that I will bust it to pieces. Based on the Instagram comment, people were saying that it was too low cut, which I didn't notice until it was mentioned, because I've apparently become immune to the horrible clothing choices of his.

Does anyone know why the link won't embed the tweet if it has mobile in front? It must be some type of software code, but I'm curious. 

The Instagram link:

Not only is the first sentence a lie, his defense of the little girl wearing a choker is absurd, and he doesn't get it. The choker shouldn't have been available for her to pick. The stupidity hurts. I used to assist professional photographers and when clothing is too big, there is a fabric tape you use to stick it in place, or use binder or alligator clips. Someone in the comments suggested they pin it where it doesn't show. If he was the least bit professional he would have hired professionals who know these things and have them in their kits. The photography looks fairly good to me, although the posing is off, so he must have hired someone who knows lighting, but must not photograph clothing on a regular basis. It's probably a fan who agreed to do it for free. 

Edited by Christina
missing necessary words
  • Love 3

Anything to make sure Nova gets her chance to model.  I'm mostly kidding I actually don't care and feel his response was more mature than typical for him, I would have expected more saying anyone who didn't like it was a hater, and everyone was gross for considering it sexual/mature.

• Love 10

Please tell me chokers aren't back in style? And yea, not appropriate to even have on set for the kids to pick from. That first girl had WAY too mature of a look going on, even down the pose. Why so serious? Let her laugh and play like Nova is doing. At any rate, doesn't matter - that lace tank is fugly as fuck. And what's the point of that sweatshop they got going on if he never wants to be "too big"? 

I'm with those wondering why the in-between house was even bought. None of this makes sense to me. It just feels manic and reeks of trying too hard. 

That video was lame. You barely saw the house. All I noticed was an ant crawling up the fence post. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Please tell me chokers aren't back in style? And yea, not appropriate to even have on set for the kids to pick from. That first girl had WAY too mature of a look going on, even down the pose. Why so serious? Let her laugh and play like Nova is doing. At any rate, doesn't matter - that lace tank is fugly as fuck. And what's the point of that sweatshop they got going on if he never wants to be "too big"? 

Tyler is obviously an amateur.  My kids modeled when they were babies/toddlers.  Here's the deal - they never got to pick out what they were going to wear, the professionals did that.  You can't leave it up to a 3 year old to ruin your ad, like the one that picked out the choker.  Also, never, ever did they put make up on my daughter.  No one wants to see a baby, toddler, or young child with make up on.  (p.s. I'm talking real modeling like for Sears, Disney, P&G, etc., not a shoot with my loser friend that was trying to run a business.)

• Love 9

*SLAM*

(B&T see the prostitot in the first TerribleRain photo shoot; slam door to close adoption once and for all.  Because you KNOW that it has been bandied about at least once or twice by the Bacterias that "Carly could be one of the models!")

• Love 9
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Lol- no I was thinking- TTM- Things That Matter.

LOL! I was thinking hearing Trump saying Make America Better, or was it Matter? I don't remember, but that was what it reminded me of- DUH!

On 2017-6-23 at 0:51 PM, CofCinci said:

Poor Horse:(

• Love 1

The tank top is hideous. Also, white?  Um, ok. My 6 year old has owned about zero white t-shirts since he's been out of onesies. Because it's white. And they can't reliably get food/drink/whatever into their mouths or keep it off their hands. 

Sure, send that kid to go play with some playdough in a white lace tank top.  That's a great idea. 

Also the black lacy choker is not appropriate.  Sorry, not sorry.  Maybe a bright beaded one or something that looks like a teething necklace, but otherwise two year olds should not be wearing shit around their necks. Why didn't they just get her some little stiletto heels to go with it? 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

*SLAM*

(B&T see the prostitot in the first TerribleRain photo shoot; slam door to close adoption once and for all.  Because you KNOW that it has been bandied about at least once or twice by the Bacterias that "Carly could be one of the models!")

I LOVE the word "prostitot"!!!  I also use "kinderwhore".

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That video was lame. You barely saw the house. All I noticed was an ant crawling up the fence post.

That was probably what he considered "artsy" and "creative," because he is an idiot with no taste.

1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Also, white?  Um, ok. My 6 year old has owned about zero white t-shirts since he's been out of onesies. Because it's white. And they can't reliably get food/drink/whatever into their mouths or keep it off their hands. 

Hey! I resemble that remark. :angryface:  Seriously, though, I can't wear white and shouldn't wear any light covered fabric, because it becomes a magnet for whatever is going in my mouth, and the messier and more noticeable the more likely I'll be wearing it. My nephew is 24 and still attracts dirt by walking through a room. It was incredible when he was a child. You would tell him to sit there, watch television and move because he'll get his church clothes dirty, and he would end up with phantom stains on his clothing with no idea how he got them. 

Tyler doesn't have any idea about children's clothing because he doesn't raise his child. She was always with Cate's mom.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

*SLAM*

Bwahaha

TRUTH!!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

These lace shirts. Weren't they a fad back in the 90s? This shit looks retro.

Those damn chokers!

I was in high school in the 90's (I graduated in 2000) and those lace shirts were a thing... I even owned one and I had a friend who would comment anytime I wore it "that shirt is panties".

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Christina said:

I can't wear white and shouldn't wear any light covered fabric, because it becomes a magnet for whatever is going in my mouth,

I finished my wedding day with a huge-ass Diet Coke stain on the skirt, and somehow I got yellow mustard on one of my sleeves!!!!  LOL  I was 25!!!!!  What chance does Nova have in those togs?  She'll be covered in cheeto dust and poop smears in the first ten minutes!

4 hours ago, lexiexx said:

That tank top looks like something from dollar general.   

It isn't nice enough for the flea market!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Why didn't they just get her some little stiletto heels to go with it? 

We don't know that they didn't.  I imagine she's got one leg bent up against the wall, too.  Way to hand that child's picture out to the internet creeps, Ty.  What a doof.  He's clearly not much of a parent if he didn't nix this child's photo.  And that choker?  I'd choke him for thinking it was a good idea.  I don't even care about the stupid shirt.  He really missed the mark with this 'passion project'.

• Love 9

I think it's funny that they even want to do a clothing line because Nova is always running around in just a shirt or mismatched clothes.   

Even dumbasses like maci and Taylor can see through the alcoholic haze enough to wear their ttm stuff all the time and promote it.   

• Love 7
8 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I finished my wedding day with a huge-ass Diet Coke stain on the skirt, and somehow I got yellow mustard on one of my sleeves!!!!  LOL  I was 25!!!!!  What chance does Nova have in those togs?  She'll be covered in cheeto dust and poop smears in the first ten minutes!

It isn't nice enough for the flea market!

Or barnyard shit. Didn't she say the farm animals play babysitter?

These two went from having my sympathy at the start of this franchise to me not being able to stand them.  Of the ones I really can't stand, a common thread seems to be that they think they're all that because they're some D list "celebrities" from a two bit reality show. I would throw Amber, Kail, Catelynn and Tyler and Farrah all in that category. I also can't stand Jenelle but she's a different brand of horrible. She does not talk about her brand and businesses.  And Maci has a "brand," too, that she promotes the hell out of on TM but I don't get the same vibe from her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

How many life long passions has Tyler ( big time star of Teen Mom OG) had in the last 6 months?

Tyler reminds me of Jack from Will&Grace. Everytime he wanted Will to send him to some kind of training school (he had new dreams almost weekly) and Will would say no, Jack would go into his little hissy and accuse will of crushing his dream, his lifelong passion until the next "passion" came along. All we need is Karen Walker and the show could be Teen Mom meets Will&Grace!

• Love 4