Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Fun fact: I used to be a ring attendant for NWA.

I read too fast and thought, "Oh snap! NWA! (the rap group)."

Girl, you have to tell me more about this job. What a great fun fact.

Haha, meet me over in small talk....

• Love 4
17 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

What's the big red thing outside the window? Kayak? Blow up Santa? God the damage, the owner must be apoplectic.

It's a classy outdoor planter/urn/vase.

Something to look at inside of the vestibule destroyed by dog urine. 

They ruined that house. Absolutely destroyed it. I'm about to get into the landlord game and I'd hate to see this happen to my house.  Nearly every piece of wood in that house is destroyed. It was in excellent condition when the moved in.  When the time comes for them to move, they're going to get sued by the landlord (again). I can't wait to see the lies they'll tweet and how their dumb fans will defend them. Look at the screenshots. Their dogs have pissed, clawed and bitten their way across every surface. Hell, even the classy whit couch is now stained and covered with blankets.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, MissMel said:

ambie20.thumb.JPG.751e5a96ab27fa71d8ef4bfb98bed2d7.JPG

That's pee, soaked into the wood floor.  Pee.  It's also in front of the door.  

ambie21.thumb.JPG.0016853c1dadde2fb181c8a4b156f60e.JPGambie22.thumb.JPG.f7d5a0a60c6a1b84cc15c78180fa07fe.JPG

Holy hell. I am getting sick to my stomache just looking at that picture. Surprised they're not just filming int he garage again this season. Those poor, poor homeowners. 

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, MissMel said:

I read too fast and thought, "Oh snap! NWA! (the rap group)."

I am showing my age because I saw attendant and NWA and immediately thought flight attendant for  Northwest Airlines. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 7

I wonder what Cate is really thinking when watching that clip above of the obvious damage to the house Amber lives in. 

Is Nessa paid to intentionally kiss these girls butts? I don't know how she constantly fawns over them and inflates their ego week to week on these after shows. 

• Love 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am showing my age because I saw attendant and NWA and immediately thought flight attendant for  Northwest Airlines. 

Haha, well. I got my wings from them too.  And United Airlines.  I'm showing my age now, as well.  I don't think they give out wings anymore.  Another fun fact, like I need to tell anymore wayback stories, my sister and I were flying Northwest to our grandparents one summer.  My mother put 4 $100 dollar bills in each of our pockets as she kissed us goodbye.  "Don't get off the plane until you see Grandma and Grandpa!"  Yeah, that was a fun flight.  Plane had mechanical issues and we had to land in Arizona to get on another plane that would take us to California.  AND THEN, the flight attendant carded my grandfather when we landed, to be sure who he was.  My 8 year old smartass self popped off with "yeah, it looks like he doesn't know us and he's a stranger, doesn't it?"  I don't think I was ever in so much trouble in my entire life.  Everyone but grandma was pissed that day.  She just laughed.  Her and her Judge Judy looking self.  Miss that little Lady.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 8
(edited)

This whole license holding thing is very disturbing to me. This is a serious case of abuse, and the fact that it was so nonchalantly talked about on the aftershow left me with a bad taste in my mouth. This is an opportunity to point out warning signs of abuse and how to get help, and I am very disappointed that it was glossed over. Abuse isn't always hitting and yelling, it can be subtle ways of controlling too, and this is such an important point to make.

Edited by BXD
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They ruined that house. Absolutely destroyed it. I'm about to get into the landlord game and I'd hate to see this happen to my house.  Nearly every piece of wood in that house is destroyed. It was in excellent condition when the moved in.  When the time comes for them to move, they're going to get sued by the landlord (again). I can't wait to see the lies they'll tweet and how their dumb fans will defend them. Look at the screenshots. Their dogs have pissed, clawed and bitten their way across every surface. Hell, even the classy whit couch is now stained and covered with blankets.

I am too- going to be a landlord in the near future.  As much as I love my animals, I am probably going to not allow pets.  Because of people like this.  Thanks for ruining it for everyone, AMBER.  *~Sending Love!~*

• Love 17
39 minutes ago, Calicocats said:

I am too- going to be a landlord in the near future.  As much as I love my animals, I am probably going to not allow pets.  Because of people like this.  Thanks for ruining it for everyone, AMBER.  *~Sending Love!~*

I am currently selling my property to get OUT of the landlord game.  Reason: people like Amber.  After my experience, I would say, allow pets but put a limit on the number in the lease (1 dog OR 2 cats) and get a pet deposit, separate from the security deposit.  People will pay, and they will be sure to keep their pets from peeing on everything if they will lose money.  The people that won't pay - you don't want them renting from you anyway.

I am sure she will be sued when they move out and they will figure out a way to run from the judgement.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Man.... I say good luck to you!!!!  It is no for the faint of heart and I've never been a landlord but I've heard horror stories.  Of course you can get really good renters. And hopefully those ones want to stay for years.. but they eventually move on because they become the ones that are responsible enough to actually own a home. 

My friend and her husband owned a house in a small town a couple hours from here.  They said every single time they rented that thing out it got trashed completely.  I have no idea why it took them so long to just get rid of it. 

On the other hand my other friend and her husband rented out their townhouse for a a couple years.  They asked for a very high deposit (possibly first and last month, which was about $1k each), no pets, they lived about a mile away and stated that they would be allowed to drop by to check on things whenever they wanted.  They had great renters (same ones the entire time) and when that couple decided to move out because they were building a house, my friend and her husband thankfully decided to sell it. 

I live next to a house that has been rented out for awhile.  It was bought in foreclosure.  They gutted it.  1-2 renters in... it looked like they gutted it again.  Currently I *think* they have good renters (at least I like them, they're older and nice, except when they get in some verbal spats 1-2 times a year that I can hear from inside my house that they are having inside their house....) but I know they smoke in there.... 

3 hours ago, BXD said:

This whole license holding thing is very disturbing to me. This is a serious case of abuse, and the fact that it was so nonchalantly talked about on the aftershow left me with a bad taste in my mouth. This is an opportunity to point out warning signs of abuse and how to get help, and I am very disappointed that it was glossed over. Abuse isn't always hitting and yelling, it can be subtle ways of controlling too, and this is such an important point to make.

I feel like there was a very specific reason MTV showed that clip.  They weren't showing it to be funny or cute.  I think they are dead set on showing Matt in a particular light.  Matt is not that special.  He's not a hot commodity.  There is no reason to try to get Amber away from him.... other than he's a complete asshole, liar and psychopath.  If he was a nice, normal guy, there would be no reason. 

2 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Did I see 6 different dogs in those pictures or am I seeing a couple too many?

Six dogs inside. Let them the fuck out. Get your lazy ass up and take them outside. 

She said they had 7 and now they have 5, which is probably way too many.  She said 2 relatives were given the two they don't have.  BUT someone posted on twitter that they have Amber's Rottie now so it makes you wonder.......

My city says technically you can only have 6 BUT after 2-3 you are suppose to get approval for more than that.  Probably depends on breed and size.  We are allowed 6 cats. Or you can have 2 dogs and 4 cats. 

• Love 5

I have a dog. You wouldn't know I had a dog when you came to my house unless you physically saw her. She has never gone to the bathroom in the house and doesn't chew or tear up anything. If she did, I'd get her into training classes asap. Why the hell isn't Amber getting those dogs some obedience training??

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here's a picture for comparison, when the house was listed. It's a link from the Porkwood twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberLPorkwood/status/877405547175215105/photo/1

Why does the carpet on the stairs look green??!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Hee hee.

I forgot about that airlines.

I am thinking Amber threw Matt under the bus about the dogs being his deal as some sort of defense. Not that it changes anything, but Amber may think by pointing her stubby finger at Matt, she is not seen as this dog abuser.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ajb1112 said:

I have a dog. You wouldn't know I had a dog when you came to my house unless you physically saw her. She has never gone to the bathroom in the house and doesn't chew or tear up anything. If she did, I'd get her into training classes asap. Why the hell isn't Amber getting those dogs some obedience training??

Why does the carpet on the stairs look green??!

Amber PORKwood posted the carpet was removed. There is a photo she posted of the stairs from the camera person's point of view. 

Damn!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Mark that Exhibit "A".

Look at how the dog urine has pooled into the corners. WTF!!!  Are these dogs ever let out?  Is this animal cruelty?  Isn't it a health code violation to have either that many pets or to have that much urine/feces?

• Love 7

Have the floors been swept/mopped/swiffered ever!? 

I will say this has all made me so paranoid about being a "good renter", I should send this to my land lord, so he can appreciate how good I am lol. When I moved I I was so scared to ask if I could hang things on the walls, but he was super cool about it... his answer was "hang whatever you want it's your place I want you to be comfortable"... I still haven't hung much, I still want to be respectful that he could sell after I leave. I think that's the only way a renter relationship can work, in my case I have extreme respect for property that isn't mine, and my land lord respects me not to have to live like I'm walking on egg shells... unfortunately there are more renter horror stories than successes.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Look at how the dog urine has pooled into the corners. WTF!!!  Are these dogs ever let out?  Is this animal cruelty?  Isn't it a health code violation to have either that many pets or to have that much urine/feces?

Someone posted info about Indiana ordinances on the episode thread, I believe. It mentioned how one can only have x amount of dogs in one home. I believe it is 3 maximum.  Also, the animals are supposedly rescue dogs, according to Amber. If that is true, there are guidelines about owning rescues, correct? Matt supposedly put out ads to get rid of the two dogs.

• Love 4

What is with this bitch's fascination with being "the boss" and making sure she lets Leah know about that? 

How 'bout, Ambuh, you and your loser fiance actually start with fucking jobs?  I mean REAL jobs.  I'm not a boss and neither is my husband yet we're both successfully employed degreed (him with a PhD) professionals!  And guess what?  I've got ZERO desire to be "the boss."  It's just not my thing. I'm perfectly content making a respectable living by not shilling shitty clothes at my boutique or crappy products on Instagram and Twitter.

1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Someone posted info about Indiana ordinances on the episode thread, I believe. It mentioned how one can only have x amount of dogs in one home. I believe it is 3 maximum.  Also, the animals are supposedly rescue dogs, according to Amber. If that is true, there are guidelines about owning rescues, correct? Matt supposedly put out ads to get rid of the two dogs.

I know no person who legitimately has a heart for rescue dogs who would put an ad out to strangers for a "free" dog.  They would try really, really hard to place them with people they know or people they can vet.

• Love 16
(edited)
26 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I know no person who legitimately has a heart for rescue dogs who would put an ad out to strangers for a "free" dog.  They would try really, really hard to place them with people they know or people they can vet.

When you adopt around here, you sign a contract. It includes specifically, if you no longer want the pet, you are to contact them. When we adopted a dog, it also included the fact that they could do unannounced visits. I have to wonder where they rescued the dogs from.

Putting a free ad is just irresponsible.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

When you adopt around here, you sign a contract. It includes specifically, if you no longer want the pet, you are to contact them. When we adopted a dog, it also included the fact that they could do unannounced visits. I have to wonder where they rescued the dogs from.

Makes me think of Ellen Degeneres giving that dog away and the rescue came and took the dog from the new owners!

We have signed similar contracts but really the rescue could easily never know. Resources for most of them are stretched so thin.

• Love 2
(edited)

Amber and Matt are lying about them being rescues. Matt likely bought them since he had access to Amber's $.

Amber said on the unseen moments they had 7 dogs at the time they filmed that scene. Now, they have 5 dogs. They gave one to her grandmother and another to Matt's daughter. That does not include the cats.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

Also, what legitimate rescue would adopt dogs out to Amber and Matt? I've lately been looking into getting a dog, it's not a great idea for my lifestyle right now, I work long days and that just isn't fair to the dog... but my point is, even just looking most rescues have pretty specific rules... including home studies, talking to the land lord, adoption history, not giving the animal away without notifying the rescue, what other pets are in the home, children, time with the pet/s, vet appts... and I'm sure many more. It just doesn't add up to me, which most likely means Matt and Amber lied to get the dogs... shocking I know.

• Love 6

Twitter user Amber Porkwood posted this collage: 

IMG_2877.thumb.JPG.d7ef406710c284980f7b8aa7be082d81.JPG

They also posted the entrance pre Mamber and now. Notice the stairs with carpet, now the carpet is stripped. Those poor poor owners. I hope they can use footage from the show and sue their asses off! How dare they totally disrespect and maim that house! Those poor "rescue" dogs need to be rescued from these pieces of shit. They're bored af and probably clawing out for help!! IMG_2878.JPG.30186a29af3f5e99a31719580faf050c.JPGIMG_2879.thumb.JPG.ce3b0039bdf632bc127a49ac9a4cc378.JPG

• Love 4
11 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Did I see 6 different dogs in those pictures or am I seeing a couple too many?

Six dogs inside. Let them the fuck out. Get your lazy ass up and take them outside. 

I am a huge dog person, had a doggy daycare out here in the country, took only small house dogs, have no carpet, they had the run of the house, I babied them and loved them all. The amount of dogs, and the way she keeps them cooped up inside, is so inhumane to me! My heart breaks for any dogs who end up living there, it is just not fair to those living, breathing creatures. I wish that someone would report her to the Humane Society, and get them out of there.

11 hours ago, gunderda said:

Man.... I say good luck to you!!!!  It is no for the faint of heart and I've never been a landlord but I've heard horror stories.  Of course you can get really good renters. And hopefully those ones want to stay for years.. but they eventually move on because they become the ones that are responsible enough to actually own a home. 

My friend and her husband owned a house in a small town a couple hours from here.  They said every single time they rented that thing out it got trashed completely.  I have no idea why it took them so long to just get rid of it. 

On the other hand my other friend and her husband rented out their townhouse for a a couple years.  They asked for a very high deposit (possibly first and last month, which was about $1k each), no pets, they lived about a mile away and stated that they would be allowed to drop by to check on things whenever they wanted.  They had great renters (same ones the entire time) and when that couple decided to move out because they were building a house, my friend and her husband thankfully decided to sell it. 

I live next to a house that has been rented out for awhile.  It was bought in foreclosure.  They gutted it.  1-2 renters in... it looked like they gutted it again.  Currently I *think* they have good renters (at least I like them, they're older and nice, except when they get in some verbal spats 1-2 times a year that I can hear from inside my house that they are having inside their house....) but I know they smoke in there.... 

I feel like there was a very specific reason MTV showed that clip.  They weren't showing it to be funny or cute.  I think they are dead set on showing Matt in a particular light.  Matt is not that special.  He's not a hot commodity.  There is no reason to try to get Amber away from him.... other than he's a complete asshole, liar and psychopath.  If he was a nice, normal guy, there would be no reason. 

She said they had 7 and now they have 5, which is probably way too many.  She said 2 relatives were given the two they don't have.  BUT someone posted on twitter that they have Amber's Rottie now so it makes you wonder.......

My city says technically you can only have 6 BUT after 2-3 you are suppose to get approval for more than that.  Probably depends on breed and size.  We are allowed 6 cats. Or you can have 2 dogs and 4 cats. 

In my little city here in Canada, you can only have 2 dogs, or 2 cats.

6 is lots!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, leighroda said:

Also, what legitimate rescue would adopt dogs out to Amber and Matt? I've lately been looking into getting a dog, it's not a great idea for my lifestyle right now, I work long days and that just isn't fair to the dog... but my point is, even just looking most rescues have pretty specific rules... including home studies, talking to the land lord, adoption history, not giving the animal away without notifying the rescue, what other pets are in the home, children, time with the pet/s, vet appts... and I'm sure many more. It just doesn't add up to me, which most likely means Matt and Amber lied to get the dogs... shocking I know.

Good for you for knowing that your lifestyle would not be fair to any dog!! I breed small dogs for awhile, and when it was time to sell them, I was so strict about the the of home they went to. One person had to be a stay-at-home parent, no family with kids younger than 6, they had to have them spayed/neutered, all kinds of requirements. I guess living in a smaller city it may have been easier to be that strict, but damn, I figured that since I allowed those pups to be born, that I was responsible for them for life! The families knew that at any time they no longer wanted the dog, then I was to have first crack at bringing them back home again. No matter how many years had passed.

Amber & Matt should never be allowed to own pets, they really make me mad.

• Love 2

My guess is that Amber and Matt didn't "rescue" the dogs from a rescue society. I think they just went to a local animal shelter and got them. Different places have different rules but I have volunteered at many county-operated "pounds" in my state and as long as you have the money, they'll send any animal you want home with you. If you later take one back, or someone turns one in that belongs to you and you have to come and get it, then you're no longer allowed to "adopt" from that shelter. For the most part, however, it's anything goes. No home studies, no interviews, no questions other than contact information. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, BXD said:

MTV ignores so many opportunities to point out warning signs of abuse, addiction, self harm and suicide risk that I think they should be ashamed. Dr. Drew has glossed over things in the Tell Nothings that result in him receiving hate mail, and wondering why. The saddest part is that these girls have young fans, and are the perfect age to receive a heads' up that someone holding your identification is about control, and that is not a healthy relationship to be in. But instead, they applaud Amber for taking back her ID, and ignore that she remains in a relationship with the controlling ass, and further that she is also an abusive piece of shit herself. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, leighroda said:

If they got animals from a rural or understaffed shelter, they simply don't have the time of resources do that level of investigation.  When I got my mom's dog in Ohio, I walked in, filled out the application, gave them $120 and walked out with the dog.  Whole thing took about 15 minutes (because I knew which dog I wanted).  

Now someone will come on and say "my rural shelter is not like that!" But that was my experience in Ohio.

• Love 6

I would say that Amber and Matt are abusing their animals, but I'm not so sure the law would define it that way.  :-(

And yes, I'm going to be that person that says my shelter does not let just anyone adopt.   I've adopted a dog from there and have been volunteering there for about five years now so I'm fairly familiar with their policies.  For one, you have to have a job or proven income.  I guess in that category Amber would pass since she gets a check from MTV.  They also call landlords and vets.   It's not perfect by any means, but there are attempts to parse out people who have a proven record of bad ownership and/or landlord restrictions.     Rescue groups around here also have those conditions, but they do home visits, something the shelter simply doesn't have the staff to do. 

And I would call any animal adopted from a shelter a "rescue" since I feel that term is broad enough to cover shelter pets.  Plus, our rescue groups pull animals from shelters.   They all try to work together to help out homeless animals.  We've even got a group that helps low income people build fences so their dogs don't have to stay chained all the time.  They also help with vet costs.    Now if we could just get the general population to spay/neuter, we might make some progress!!!

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

What is with this bitch's fascination with being "the boss" and making sure she lets Leah know about that? 

How 'bout, Ambuh, you and your loser fiance actually start with fucking jobs?  I mean REAL jobs.  I'm not a boss and neither is my husband yet we're both successfully employed degreed (him with a PhD) professionals!  And guess what?  I've got ZERO desire to be "the boss."  It's just not my thing. I'm perfectly content making a respectable living by not shilling shitty clothes at my boutique or crappy products on Instagram and Twitter.

You mean the boss that can't have her drivers license and keys because her shitbag boyfriend is controlling them. She is such an ignorant, lowlife, scumbag fucking poser.

There is a special place in Hell for people that abuse animals.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 11

He most likely uses her drivers license to confirm her identity. I'm sure there are tons of lines of credit opened in her name. All he'd have to do is fax a photo copy of her license and forge her signature. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

And I would call any animal adopted from a shelter a "rescue" since I feel that term is broad enough to cover shelter pets.  Plus, our rescue groups pull animals from shelters.   They all try to work together to help out homeless animals.  We've even got a group that helps low income people build fences so their dogs don't have to stay chained all the time.  They also help with vet costs.    Now if we could just get the general population to spay/neuter, we might make some progress!!!

I would call it a "rescue," too, to pick up a pound animal since you can be "rescuing" it from euthanasia, sadly. :-(

We have a couple of boy rescues and marking is definitely an issue that we have with them. (And of course they are both neutered.) And we have a pet door so it is not a question of having to pee - it is straight up marking. But that is why we don't have 7 dogs and we certainly do not let them destroy our home! We have to manage it.

Serves those two douchebags right because they were bragging so much about moving into that home and neighborhood (far from Leah, too - the neighborhood reputation was more important than her) and they have ruined that house within a couple of years.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I don't want to be a boss either!! Being a boss is not all that great from what I have experienced from people around me.  You're stressed out, liable for A LOT of stuff that might not even be your fault and have to deal with dumbasses all the time.  Other than a higher pay and possibly a more flexible schedule I see no benefit of it.  I just want a job that I enjoy and that I can pay my bills.  More money would be great but not at the expensive of hating my job.  I have no desire to 'move up' in a company (I can't in mine anyway, it's too small and no where to 'move up' to)

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Can someone explain the context of how the license came up on the after show? Did anyone respond or did they act like it was normal?

I believe they showed an "unseen moment" where Amber got into one of the vehicles from her fleet and asked Matt for her driver's license.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Amber has no idea what being a "boss" is. She just thinks of the boss as someone who comes in, throws a few commands around, and maybe signs something on a clipboard. I am sure her entire concept of a "boss" comes from The Devil Wears Prada, or something similar.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I want to see what he looks like too!  Do we know his name?  Maybe some of the sleuths here can find him...

His name is Greg Anderson. Unfortunately it's such a common name.

• Love 4