Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

I think it's in reference to the fact that even though she's off drugs, she still drinks which does not make her sober.

Ohhh ok gotcha. I hadn't even thought about that and was thinking of "harder" stuff. Thank you!

Recently I've watched a few episodes of Teen Mom OG on Hulu and Gary has always been an asshole.  One episode is Amber's birthday and he said he'd watch Leah so she could go out with her friends and then while she's getting ready, he randomly calls her and starts a fight with her telling her he wants to be invited.  Then after she's all upset, crying and sad because she can't go out with her friends on her birthday, he comes home, kisses her, and tells her he's sorry and that she can go. That's some fucked up abusive shit.

Another episode they show Amber and Gary going for dance lessons.  They want to be prepared for their upcoming wedding.  So the instructor asks them how long before the wedding?  Amber replies, "We don't have a date yet, but probably 3-4 months,"  Gary replies, "Twenty months maybe.  Maybe longer."  Such. An. Ass.

There's seriously something wrong with Gary.  I"m no Amber apologist, but Gary is fucked in the head.  Despite Amber's choice of having Matt for a boyfriend, I'm very, very glad that she has custody of Leah.  Gary is abusive and it won't be long before he turns that shit on Leah.  Amber had made her mistakes, but I've never seen her be anything but loving and affectionate towards Leah. 

• Love 5

I've seen Amber a bit differently. In my memory, she has her ass parked on the couch, or laying on the couch, or laying in the bed.  Very few times has there been any actual interaction between the two that didn't involve a sour face on Amber's part.

I have to wonder what was so great in her favor for her to be granted the 50/50  custody. Was this through a court or just between she and Gary? If it's between the two of them, Gary will play that til the end of time.

• Love 1

Amber is loving and affectionate towards her daughter every time they've been together- which probably accounts for about two to three hours a week. Amber would be a great big sister or an aunt- she's, in my opinion, ill equipped to be a mom.

Also, per the Ashley, she says the rumors of 50/50 custody are "sort of" false, and she'll write more on that later. Not sure what that means.

• Love 5

Recently I've watched a few episodes of Teen Mom OG on Hulu and Gary has always been an asshole.  One episode is Amber's birthday and he said he'd watch Leah so she could go out with her friends and then while she's getting ready, he randomly calls her and starts a fight with her telling her he wants to be invited.  Then after she's all upset, crying and sad because she can't go out with her friends on her birthday, he comes home, kisses her, and tells her he's sorry and that she can go. That's some fucked up abusive shit.

Another episode they show Amber and Gary going for dance lessons.  They want to be prepared for their upcoming wedding.  So the instructor asks them how long before the wedding?  Amber replies, "We don't have a date yet, but probably 3-4 months,"  Gary replies, "Twenty months maybe.  Maybe longer."  Such. An. Ass.

There's seriously something wrong with Gary.  I"m no Amber apologist, but Gary is fucked in the head.  Despite Amber's choice of having Matt for a boyfriend, I'm very, very glad that she has custody of Leah.  Gary is abusive and it won't be long before he turns that shit on Leah.  Amber had made her mistakes, but I've never seen her be anything but loving and affectionate towards Leah. 

What? Amber herself has been abusive to Gary. She has been physically abusive. She was caught on camera being abusive - mentally, physically and verbally. She was charged with a crime relating to that one incident that occurred on camera. Amber has also done this in the presence of her daughter. That is considered loving and affectionate to her child? Gary may be many things, but Amber was abusive to Gary. She was also an addict, and likely may be again, a pill popper.  An addict is not loving and affectionate to their child when they put their own needs first. Amber, like Leah Messer, cannot be without a guy for very long. The coochie gets cold and lonely and it must find a dick, any dick, who will give them the attention they crave. Forget Amber giving attention to her daughter. She must fulfill her needs first. Also, continuously arguing with the father of her child, and sometimes in her presence, is not showing love and affection for that child. Every time Leah watches her parents go at it, calling each other names, disrespecting each other and yelling at the top of their lungs, she is being disrespected and emotionally abused. She hears her name being mentioned when they have arguments and all that will do is cause her to feel she is at fault for their behavior.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Gary and Amber are both abusive turds and not good people. They've both done their fair share of abusing each other emotionally and verbally (and for sure, Amber physically abused Gary as well) and put Leah through more than any kid should ever have to go through.

I read Amber's book and she did take accountability for most of her actions (rather than blaming the drugs), but she did occasionally throw some blame at her "ex" (Gary). I had big hopes for Amber after she was first released from prison. That all went down hill when she didn't get a regular job (not counting TM) as that can be helpful for an addict to fill their day; started dating Matt; moved Matt in so soon; was no longer going to meetings/support groups for addicts, and when she said it was okay for her to drink even though she was "sober." Amber seems to me like someone who needs constant structure and to have to take accountability for herself. Prison allowed for this, life on the outside as a reality star again does not.

The best thing I can say for Amber is that she's been smart enough not to add another baby to the mix (looking at you, Jenelle, Leah, and Gary). But now that I've said that, I fear I may have jinxed it. Ugh.

I also don't think she's back on pain killers again like she was in the later seasons of TM before she went to prison. She was high as a kite in soooo many of those episodes. At least we now see a comparatively lucid Amber. But if she thinks she can be "sober" and drink, who knows. And she certainly needs to get her shit together.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 1

The best thing I can say for Amber is that she's been smart enough not to add another baby to the mix (looking at you, Jenelle, Leah, and Gary). But now that I've said that, I fear I may have jinxed it. Ugh.

In some ways she has added babies to the mix. She will be a step-mother to some of Matt's kids. She will likely be financial responsible for his child support arrears.

• Love 4

old episodes of Teen Mom airing on MTV right now! Amber is talking to Carol (who is wearing some sexyass long denim overalls) about how hard it is to coparent with the no-contact order and the possibility of going to gel. Amber is SO skinny here. She seems closer to sober than usual. 

Preview for the new season shows Amber and Maci crying at Catelynn's wedding, individual shots of all the girls crying at various settings, and a voiceover from Amber saying "Sometimes I don't know why I bothered to change, it feels like every time I take a step forward I get pushed back five"

Come on, Amber, I'm rooting for you! Keep it together! I hope this Matt thing flames out sooner rather than later so she can hit whatever new rock bottom will be and start moving on and maybe the shittiest parts of Leah's childhood will be condensed into her first 7-10 years rather than dragged out forever. I really want Amber to get her shit together and be there for Leah before she gets to her teen years and repeats the cycle. 

• Love 2

I have a really hard time feeling sorry for or rooting for Amber. She's such a dumb little bitch to me and I can't get over that she's still trying to justify her DV behavior. You hit the shit out of your partner in front of your kid. I don't even care that it's Gary. The ONLY thing you get to say after that is "I'm sorry". I just can't with her. In a season with Catelyn, Maci, and Farrah, Amber stands out as the most hopeless case of stupid trash.

• Love 2

In this season that is airing right now where she is fresh out of rehab, she is using the excuse that people are still the same to her so why bother going to outpatient therapy. I think she repeats this same sentiment in the new trailer for the upcoming season. Of course. Excuses. Amber is good for giving them.

• Love 5

In this season that is airing right now where she is fresh out of rehab, she is using the excuse that people are still the same to her so why bother going to outpatient therapy. I think she repeats this same sentiment in the new trailer for the upcoming season. Of course. Excuses. Amber is good for giving them.

She's just the worst. I don't think Amber gives even a small fuck about anyone but herself. The preview for next season says it all when Amber is sitting on her couch sobbing (of course) about how she shouldn't have to go through a custody battle for her own child. Um, why not? Seriously, why the fuck not? You are a violent felon with a drug problem living with some guy who has quite the past himself. Gary may be a POS but he's managed to keep his ass out of jail and rehab and provide for his child. Why should you get to be a mom whenever the mood strikes you? Why should any of this be easy? I just can't with her.

• Love 13

She's just the worst. I don't think Amber gives even a small fuck about anyone but herself. The preview for next season says it all when Amber is sitting on her couch sobbing (of course) about how she shouldn't have to go through a custody battle for her own child. Um, why not? Seriously, why the fuck not? You are a violent felon with a drug problem living with some guy who has quite the past himself. Gary may be a POS but he's managed to keep his ass out of jail and rehab and provide for his child. Why should you get to be a mom whenever the mood strikes you? Why should any of this be easy? I just can't with her.

Duh, she should just get Leah back because she's a self proclaimed "amazing" mom. A conclusion she reached because Leah enjoys spending time with her, which I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact that Amber breaks all of Gary's rules for Leah, such as a reasonable bed time and not eating ice cream at 10 o'clock at night.

Amber doesn't even need to be a convicted felon with a sketchy boyfriend. Any parent that refers to herself or himself as "amazing" gets the side-eye from me. Even really good parents tend to worry that they aren't doing enough or making the right decisions at all times. The ones that call themselves amazing are the Ambers, Jenelles, and Leahs of the world. To put that in perspective, I bet even Farrah has enough awareness to not call herself an amazing mom.

• Love 8

Seriously, Amber and Leah Messer think that by shoving junk food into their kids' mouths and making sure the kids are asleep before midnight,  they are the epitome of being great mothers. They somehow feel they shouldn't have to justify to the courts or anyone else why they deserve to have their children in their constant care.

What the hell does Amber do again? Sits her ass on the couch and lays in bed with her boyfriend. When Leah is around, time for junk food eating and giving her a new set of crayons and color books, and possibly taking her to the park. Oh, let's not forget. Leah got to share a bed with her mom and her new boyfriend at that sleazy-themed motel. *shudders*

Amber can go kick rocks cuz I have no fucks to give anymore for her. My sympathy went out the window long ago.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

And it's all about her. About how she shouldn't have to go through a custody battle. What about all the shit Leah shouldn't have to go through? Like watching her mom beat up her dad? Or having a parent in prison? Or having to live with whatever random trick her mother or father pick up at the Walmark parking lot?

• Love 5

I was watching the marathon a few days ago, Gary called while Amber was lying in her bed with some guy, during the call she gets out from under the covers, gets out of bed and goes straight to the couch to lie down under another blanket.

• Love 10

Ambie is one of those women (like Leah Messer and Kailyn) that thinks that because she's the MOM, she deserves to have the kid whenever she wants to have them, and the dad should be happy to get a weekend every now and then.

I was watching the marathon a few days ago, Gary called while Amber was lying in her bed with some guy, during the call she gets out from under the covers, gets out of bed and goes straight to the couch to lie down under another blanket.

Phone calls with Gary can be exhausting!

I feel like all we ever see is Amber on the couch or in a bed. Doesn't she ever get up? Just that laziness right there shows me that she isn't fit to have her daughter full time.

Amber usually only gets off the couch to go eat (at a restaurant, that is. Eating at home can be done from the couch), get her talons painted, get Boo Boo from Gary, or fight with someone.

• Love 3

And it's all about her. About how she shouldn't have to go through a custody battle. What about all the shit Leah shouldn't have to go through? Like watching her mom beat up her dad? Or having a parent in prison? Or having to live with whatever random trick her mother or father pick up at the Walmark parking lot?

Out of the 8 teen moms, I would say Ambie is one of the more selfish ones. It's a very difficult race, though.

She has seldom mentioned what's best for Boo Boo, and when she does, she's usually criticizing Gary's shortcomings. He is by no means a perfect dad. Honestly, he's lucky to be a good dad. He loves her, that's for sure. He's kept her safe and healthy. But he's a manipulative ass. He treated Amber like shit, and tries to get Leah to side with him. He's not a great dad. I think very often, when both parents suck, you kind of want to pick a side. Both Amber and Gary suck, but Gary sucks less.

• Love 1

Out of the 8 teen moms, I would say Ambie is one of the more selfish ones. It's a very difficult race, though.

She has seldom mentioned what's best for Boo Boo, and when she does, she's usually criticizing Gary's shortcomings. He is by no means a perfect dad. Honestly, he's lucky to be a good dad. He loves her, that's for sure. He's kept her safe and healthy. But he's a manipulative ass. He treated Amber like shit, and tries to get Leah to side with him. He's not a great dad. I think very often, when both parents suck, you kind of want to pick a side. Both Amber and Gary suck, but Gary sucks less.

Yeah, a round of Who's the Most Selfish Parent? would likely have multiple winners. While I'd say Amber, Jenelle, Leah, and Farrah are all incredibly selfish (of the four I can't even decide who is the MOST selfish because they all just suck so badly), I'm going to give Leah the edge because at least the other three allow their kids to be raised by marginally more stable caregivers. Leah is a selfish, shitty parent, AND she tries to minimize her kids' time with other caregivers. I'd say Maci and Kailyn are occasionally selfish, and Chelsea and Cate are mostly not selfish. What a group of winners.

• Love 3

Yeah, a round of Who's the Most Selfish Parent? would likely have multiple winners. While I'd say Amber, Jenelle, Leah, and Farrah are all incredibly selfish (of the four I can't even decide who is the MOST selfish because they all just suck so badly), I'm going to give Leah the edge because at least the other three allow their kids to be raised by marginally more stable caregivers. Leah is a selfish, shitty parent, AND she tries to minimize her kids' time with other caregivers. I'd say Maci and Kailyn are occasionally selfish, and Chelsea and Cate are mostly not selfish. What a group of winners.

I'm going to try to rank...

1) Leah: like Tatum said, Leah is on fucking drugs, high as a kite and STILL won't give up her kids willingly . She brings then around every man she dates, feeds them eat cheese balls off the floor, etc. She's an awful mom.

2) Amber: basically the same as Leah, except she's currently not on drugs. She still puts her boyfriends first, and now that she's out of the slammer, she wants to pretend that everything from the last 6 years doesn't count and that she's a perfect mom.

3) Jenelle: she's just a shit. She doesn't care about her sons, her mother or anything. She's stolen from her mother, who busts her baaaawwwwwlls to get by, while she rakes in thousands of dollars by being her shitty self.

4) Kailyn: she ranks higher for me, because she constantly tries to alienate Isaac from his loving father, for her own self intetests.

5) Farrah: regularly abandons Sophia with Debra and Michael who suck, but she sucks more so I guess it's kind of a wash.

6) Maci: whines, and is lazy as fuck, but she's actually been alright. One immensely selfish and stupid thing she's done was moving Bentley to Nashville to be with Kyle.

7) Chelsea: probably about the Maci level of selfishness. Like Kail, she kind of alienates Aubree from Adam, but the major difference is that Adam is a massive douche, and is a danger to Aubree's health and safety, driving drunk, not putting a helmet on her when riding motor bikes, etc. Also, unlike Jen and Larry, his parents cover for his douchey behavior and lie to Chelsea.

8) Catelynn: while we can debate her motives, she ultimately did the best thing for Carly by giving her to Brandon and Theresa. It's been hard for her, and I think it's obvious that she wishes she could have Carly back. But I think giving her up was the best thing.

• Love 3

What I don't understand is how Heather, a seemingly normal and caring individual, can do this job. She is a mother. She sees what these children go through, is there no moral compass for your career choices anymore? She treats both Farrah and Ambie with kid gloves. She has seen it all. How do you work on this show and sleep at night? The rest of the crew seems to fit right in with the rest, but Heather, I do not get.

Amber is seriously selfish. Every whiny sentence starts and ends with me, me, why me.

And Matt, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can see the skeevy eminating from his every greasy pore. But seriously, does he do anything else except reach over and hold Amber's hand as she whines, tell her she is a good mom and then be ignored because Amber is already whining again about how horrible everyone is to her and WHY is everyone so mean to her?  I honestly couldn't stand to have a boyfriend who was just a yes man. I want someone who will tell me their honest opinion, even if it means telling me I'm not right...That's what a true friend and partner will do for you.

And please, what the heck kind of excuse is "I won't take my bipolar meds because I'm afraid of my addiction to prescription pills." I get the addiction, but there are other options to take your medications if you truly feel you need them but again Matt just sits there and agrees.

I keep seeing a clip of Theresa telling Cate and Tyler that they are only the biological parents and nothing more. When was that? Tyler acts like he didn't even hear her say that.

• Love 1

Bipolar Meds aren't addictive, Ambie.

I always think back to the Reddit-writing cameraman who quit because it bothered him too much to see the kids treated like shit. I know in particular he spoke of Leah, don't know if he worked on both shows.

• Love 5

I think if you looked up "creepy deadbeat dad who likes to stalk women who are much too young for him" then you will see Matt's picture.  I think Amber is close to the age of some of his older children.  I also think that Matt is actually a grand dad if you believe what the Internets are saying.

Poor Leah.

• Love 5

I'm surprised she hasn't been knocked up again by Matt.  Hopefully that's done on purpose and not be accident. 

Also I know we say Amber lays around a lot and does nothing... but we also know she doesn't have the genes for super awesome metabolism and she's been keeping a fairly decent body figure for awhile now.  I'd like to think it's from some form of exercise and not drug use.  Even if she weren't eating as much as she should to try and keep weight off.... not eating and laying around isn't going to keep your weight down either.  You have to do some form of exercise. 

And I might be the odd man out but I think it's ok if she gets 50/50 custody.  Gary isn't father of the year either and a set schedule would be one less thing they can play games with between each other. 

I don't think it would be a bad thing for Amber to have a set schedule. I think she would be fine with having Leah every other weekend, which seems to be a set up that a lot of dads have. I don't know if 50/50 literally means that they both get to keep Leah equal amounts of time? That, I don't think would be right, mostly because I think Amber is neither responsible nor patient, and Matt is a creep, and limiting his time with Leah can only be a good thing. 

• Love 2

Amber Portwood twitter account:

Amber Portwood ‏@AmberLPortwood

@ItsGaryTime how she said the "shadow" told her to say that?? Hmm..horrible

Amber Portwood

Jan 4

@ItsGaryTime tell everyone what you were saying to Leah behind my back Gary..we'll just let it come out in this season.

------------

I think Amber is accusing Gary of making Leah say she didn't want to be around her or her creepy boyfriend. Very interesting, wonder what will be true!

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 1

Amber Portwood

Jan 4

@ItsGaryTime tell everyone what you were saying to Leah behind my back Gary..we'll just let it come out in this season.

------------

I think Amber is accusing Gary of making Leah say she didn't want to be around her or her creepy boyfriend. Very interesting, wonder what will be true!

I hope it is true. But I think Leah has enough balls to take care of Matt herself if something were to happen. Well, she would call Sophia first, but together they would break his fingers, kick him in the nuts and then verbally beat him down until he was cowering in the corner. Children learn by watching their parents you know.

• Love 8

I hope it is true. But I think Leah has enough balls to take care of Matt herself if something were to happen. Well, she would call Sophia first, but together they would break his fingers, kick him in the nuts and then verbally beat him down until he was cowering in the corner. Children learn by watching their parents you know.

Lol, I am delirious from lack of sleep, but this made me laugh out loud! Poor Leah, Amber is out for blood with Gary, for many reasons and the only one who will suffer is her daughter!

• Love 2

Amber Portwood

Jan 4

------------

This grates. This isn't "real time". How much time has passed, and Amber is Tweeting about it? How long ago was this filmed? Get real and get off your ass and Twitter.

• Love 3

Back when Amber's book was released, I heard part of an interview with her. It was either on the radio when I was in the car, or at a doctor's office waiting room. I was surprised because I didn't think she was important enough for anyone to care about without going looking for her opinion.

Regarding the pills, she explained that it didn't matter if it was Tylenol or the bi-polar meds, the moment she swallowed a pill her cravings for the drugs started, and were too intense for her to ignore. At both the rehab and in the jail the doctors told her she needed the bi-polar meds and they would help her learn coping skills for the cravings. She said she tried during and shortly after rehab, but wasn't successful, and decided she was going to wait a few years before trying again.

The expert, who was NOT Dr. Drew, explained that the brain had trained itself that once the pill was swallowed, it should experience another (high) sensation. When it didn't get that sensation, it sent signals that she needed more drugs. It is the same way that people who use pain medication for pain conditions continue to experience pain long after the physical injury, which was causing the pain, had healed. The brain decides that the absence of the pain meds meant that there should be pain, and started sending signals for medicine. 

When the conversation returned to how swallowing pills was a problem for addicts, I either got where I was going or was called back into the office because I remember thinking I wanted to know how that ended, but forgot about it until reading this thread. The bi-polar medicine itself isn't causing the craving, it is any pill whatsoever. I do think that Amber agreed that her bi-polar needed treated, but she was newly released from prison and may have just been saying whatever she though people wanted to hear.

• Love 4

Regarding the pills, she explained that it didn't matter if it was Tylenol or the bi-polar meds, the moment she swallowed a pill her cravings for the drugs started, and were too intense for her to ignore.

So, this may explain why she always has to have a guy around. The first time she had a dick between her legs, the craving for dick started. It didn't matter what kind of guy came into her life, the moment she had his dick between her legs, it was too intense to ignore. 

I guess Amber changes her story about her not wanting to take prescription meds, depending on what day of the week it is. In this article, this is what she said about prescription meds:

http://starcasm.net/archives/284434

One fear she is yet to overcome is getting medication for her diagnosed bipolar disorder.“I’m kind of scared to go to a doctor,” she admitted. “It is hard but the sad thing about it is that I probably do need to be on medication for my bipolar but I kind of messed that up to where, at this moment, I don’t feel I would be strong enough to go to a doctor.”Although she knows she would likely benefit from medication, Amber said she isn’t even comfortable taking prescription drugs. “The one thing about an addict is that there’s so many temptations and if you know your temptations, you stay away from it,” said Amber, who was addicted to Fentanyl patches. “And I’m not about to put myself in that position right now until I feel like I am completely ready.”

Amber talked about going to jail as if it were therapy, and something she chose to do. And by choosing to do so she should be rewarded with custody because jail makes you a better parent.

I'm sort of remembering some sort of deal where if she went to jail she didn't have to do something else, but I might be mixing her up with Jenelle?

The most telling thing about her relationship with the Boston Creeper was on last year's reunion where she got upset, stormed off and Matt's instinctive reaction was to get up...smile, and move closer to Dr. Drew.  That's true love right there. Her brother went after her.

He's a fucking douche and she's deluded. 

• Love 6

guilfoyleatpp if I remember right she went to prison/jail so that she didn't have to stay in rehab. She decided prison would be easier, plus she knew she wouldn't stay clean in rehab.

• Love 6

Can Leah just come live with me? I think they are both horrible. I don't doubt that Gary bad mouths Amber to Leah, but what he says probably isn't necessarily untrue, it just probably shouldn't be said to a 7 year old.

And if Amber were a Barbie that couch would be the accessory she would come with. I guess at least the bed isn't just a mattress on the floor as it was for so long.

• Love 10

I'm happy for Amber that she's clean, etc. But you can tell she's extremely self-involved and high-maintainance. Everything revolves around how she feels. On Being Amber she said she "can't" watch old footage because she says it takes her back to a dark place, but Catelynn, Maci and Farrah also had to watch uncomfortable footage of themselves that I'm sure they prefer not to remember, why can't Amber? 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 2

I don't agree with the whole Matt thing- it moved so fast. But if we were to judge all the girls based on how fast their relationships went from Twitter flirtation to cohabitation...well the only one left would be Farrah.

I think Gary needs to get off her ass. I don't agree that she should be drinking - as a recovering alcoholic- it's a drug too. But besides that and creepy Matt (who, at this point seems rather harmless. Work-ethic-less, but harmless) she's doing alright for herself. I love how Gary said he held it all together without using any substances. Hello, Gary, go to Overeaters Anonymous, where they consider food addictive. You can't be almost 400 lbs and claim to have no maladaptive coping skills.

• Love 4

I don't agree with the whole Matt thing- it moved so fast. But if we were to judge all the girls based on how fast their relationships went from Twitter flirtation to cohabitation...well the only one left would be Farrah.

I think Gary needs to get off her ass. I don't agree that she should be drinking - as a recovering alcoholic- it's a drug too. But besides that and creepy Matt (who, at this point seems rather harmless. Work-ethic-less, but harmless) she's doing alright for herself. I love how Gary said he held it all together without using any substances. Hello, Gary, go to Overeaters Anonymous, where they consider food addictive. You can't be almost 400 lbs and claim to have no maladaptive coping skills.

I agree with everything except the part about Matt being harmless. I remember the producers being called after he put his fist into that wall in that Vegas hotel room. Something went down in that room. Amber was scared or else she wouldn't have called. She did a good cover-up. Matt himself is a former addict himself. He hasn't done the proper follow-up post-rehab just like Amber. Matt seeking out all of the Teen Moms via Twitter and hoping to hook up with any one of them screams all kinds of creepy to me. Amber drinking is not a safe thing for her to do only because she hasn't done the necessary therapy that one should do.

• Love 7

Seriously. "Well, have another shot of pancake," Gary!

• Love 8

Also I know we say Amber lays around a lot and does nothing... but we also know she doesn't have the genes for super awesome metabolism and she's been keeping a fairly decent body figure for awhile now.  I'd like to think it's from some form of exercise and not drug use.  Even if she weren't eating as much as she should to try and keep weight off.... not eating and laying around isn't going to keep your weight down either.  You have to do some form of exercise. 

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but when we discuss Amber laying around, we are referring to her doing nothing but that - laying around. She is not in any sort of therapy, which is what one normally does after they have left rehab. Amber wasn't in rehab, but she did prison time in order to get clean and sober. Second, the girl is doing NOTHING in her life. Why has she not gone to school or acquired a part-time job, at least? There is no incentive, no desire, nothing that shows she is at least participating in life. Amber is the typical welfare bitch, except she is MTV's welfare bitch. Getting up at 10 in the morning while one has a child in their care is not what a reasonable person in those same circumstances would do. There is more to being a parent than coloring with one's child or taking them to the park. Why doesn't Amber volunteer at Leah's school? That might be a way for her to be involved with her child without directly having custody. It would also be a way for Amber to get off her fat ass. 

And I might be the odd man out but I think it's ok if she gets 50/50 custody.  Gary isn't father of the year either and a set schedule would be one less thing they can play games with between each other.

So, because the other parent is not all that, by default the other parent should acquire 50/50 custody? That is not how it works. Gary has full custody because Amber signed her rights away. She now has to work harder to show the courts, and Gary, that she is motivated to be a better parent than she was before she left for prison and that she is not headed down the same path. The other thing to consider is Leah's safety and welfare. Having a strange man living under the same roof as a minor child, even on a part-time basis, is something no one should take lightly. 

• Love 9

In all fairness, chances are pretty good that Amber would not be allowed to volunteer at Leah's school with her record. At least, that's how it works where I live.

Wasn't she in online school for a minute- Amber, not Leah.

• Love 2

No I got what Gary meant he never planned on not sharing Leah with Amber, the idea of her bailing on the kid was never in the plans! My husband did the samething and I love my kids but its hard work when you're on your own. You get resentful of the parent who drops the ball!

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 10