Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Just now, Armchair Critic said:

She's a model and actress from a rich family? He's older, dorky, and he is going to adopt her son but can't afford to support his own daughters.  This will end well. 

Her family probably isn’t rich by US standards but they probably aren’t poor. Given she’s a single Mom she’s probably under her parents thumb and hates it. She may have done something to mess up Her chances of a marriage in their social circle and thought a US husband might be the best thing for her. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

She just got a sample at the airport. I did like the birthday song.

I'm Mormon. We have a lot of Mormons in the Pacific Islands and a lot of non-Islanders who go over there to do missions. When they leave/come back/are on their mission, they get into the island dances. Samoans and Tongans here in the US frequently break into dance at the airport when their missionary family member comes back home. I wasn't surprised by this guy's behavior at all. This is her culture, isn't it (I just started watching. I didn't realize it was on last week)? At least her father's, right? I'm a black woman in fly-over country and I know that Islanders dance for all kinds of reasons; she shouldn't have been surprised.

Re the 20 yr old going to Russia - this is what happens when you kick out your child. My late husband's father kicked out another son in 8th grade. Yes, 8th grade. Nice guy, but in and out of jail for petty stuff because he didn't have an education or a trade. Alcohol abuse and just general low-level living (not low life) because that action by his father set the path for everything else. Now he's in his 60's living on minimal SS when he could have been so much more in his life.

• Love 18
Just now, LilaFowler said:

If she says proper one more time I'm going to scream. She's obnoxious.

Was she yelling at the guys who load up the luggage in the plane to make sure the bags are in proper?!?!? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Re the 20 yr old going to Russia - this is what happens when you kick out your child. My late husband's father kicked out another son in 8th grade. Yes, 8th grade. Nice guy, but in and out of jail for petty stuff because he didn't have an education or a trade. Alcohol abuse and just general low-level living (not low life) because that action by his father set the path for everything else. Now he's in his 60's living on minimal SS when he could have been so much more in his life.

13/14 is a very different situation than 18/19 (when he was likely kicked out). If your child is legally an adult and is doing things that are a danger to themselves or other people in the household (drugs, criminal activity etc etc) I think you have the right to ask them to leave if they don’t fly right. Often if you don’t you have them at 30 doing the same shit they were doing at 19, still in your house with you enabling bad behavior. 

• Love 4

She’s 30. And this guy was her choice to lose her virginity to? Why do I think it was a passive aggressive dig at her dad? Especially the getting knocked up part. Everything her dad is against.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

13/14 is a very different situation than 18/19 (when he was likely kicked out). If your child is legally an adult and is doing things that are a danger to themselves or other people in the household (drugs, criminal activity etc etc) I think you have the right to ask them to leave if they don’t fly right. Often if you don’t you have them at 30 doing the same shit they were doing at 19, still in your house with you enabling bad behavior. 

Yes.  Some people also need the kick in the butt to clean up their lives.  I've seen that happen and forcing the young adult on on his/her own forced them to mature.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought he said he was kicked out at 16. Still young to me. And yeah,  18/19 is an adult who probably needs to be on his own if he doesn't know how to act at home.

• Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Leídas caterwauling when Eric wouldn't put the suitcase in "proper" is surely just an overture. Can't wait. She's a TREASURE. 

It's glorious because ol' eyebags so deserves it. Can't wait! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

She’s 30. And this guy was her choice to lose her virginity to? Why do I think it was a passive aggressive dig at her dad? Especially the getting knocked up part. Everything her dad is against.

Girlfriend was on vacation and hungry for the D! I think he’s cute (goofy maybe but cute) I get why she liked him but wrap it up!

Also if she was 28 when she lost her virginity (almost a year to gestate the baby and he’s at least 6months old) girlfriend was likely horny. And probably not as choosy as a 17/18 year old girl would be. There I said it. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sister, Leida and child along with the daughter roommate...how are they all going to cram in to Eric's 2 bedroom apartment?

They can always set up a sleeping bag on the balcony! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

We always have at least one schmuck per season. That's Eric now. Bruh, you couldn't spring for a connecting flight?

I'm guessing his plan is to turn around and drive straight back to Wisconsin because I can't see this guy springing for a hotel room in NYC. Even though it would be REALLY NICE for her and her sister to see the city!

• Love 10