Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Eric's picture he showed in his online profile he looks ruggedly handsome, another one who in reality looks worse. Leida must be desperate to leave her family because Eric grosses me out. He is actually younger than me but looks/acts like he could be my father.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, aliya said:

His grandparents may have given him some money. There's not a lot he could carry on the plane; it makes sense to buy stuff there.

Right. Unfortunately not everyone brings 5 foot lockers, 10 suitcases, 6 backpacks, and all to travel like pole. He has a job so I'm sure he's saved to buy some of what the baby needs .

• Love 10

I'm surprised it took 24 hours to get from Brazil to LV.  With that in mind, I'm sure Larissa would have appreciated a nice hotel room for 1 stinkin' night!!!  Just to unwind before having to decline homemade stew!  When I travel I want the day to get adjusted first.  I don't always get it, but I do appreciate it.

• Love 6

As a high school teacher, I regularly see kids throw themselves into something that is new to them (a sport, club, new boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) only to lose interest after a few weeks/months.  I really like Steven and Olga, and I am praying that is not going to happen here.  I hope Steven (who is barely older than a high school kid) is in it for the long haul.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

They probably flew into JFK

They most likely couldn't get a direct flight from Indonesia to Philly International.  I don't understand why Leida's "wealthy" family couldn't spring for a hotel for them in Manhattan.  I know for a fact that there are hotels in Midtown for less than $140 per night.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wonder how Eric will impress Leida's family? Maybe buy them their own sandwich?

You sound really wealthy.

Princess Toast, of course! 

• Love 6

Fernanda’s little sister looks like her. Fernanda IS only 19, of course she misses her family. The fiancés are leaving their home and their loved ones, that’s hard under the best of circumstances, even in 2018 with FaceTime and text messaging. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, lucy711 said:

As a high school teacher, I regularly see kids throw themselves into something that is new to them (a sport, club, new boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) only to lose interest after a few weeks/months.  I really like Steven and Olga, and I am praying that is not going to happen here.  I hope Steven (who is barely older than a high school kid) is in it for the long haul.

I was thinking the same. I totally believe he's sincere but not sure he's got the intellect or maturity to really make a decent go of it. But he's pleasantly surprised me so far... 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

He's eating the fuckin' stew.   This is horrible.

And holding the bowl up to his mouth. That alone would have put me back on the plane to Brazil.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

It's at least an 11 hour flight from Rio to New York. Unless she flew through Texas. And probably a layover.

the 24 hours probably included getting from her hometown to the airport.  

• Love 3

Aww. I hope Jon Boy springs for a ceremony in Mexico with her friends and family since they can't attend the one here.

Sidenote: Kalani...this is how you comfort someone who is crying. Not staring at them and talking in a deadpan voice in your TH!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Fernanda’s little sister looks like her. Fernanda IS only 19, of course she misses her family. The fiancés are leaving their home and their loved ones, that’s hard under the best of circumstances, even in 2018 with FaceTime and text messaging. 

I feel bad for her. I wonder why her mom would need a visa to visit. They can’t just come for a week or two? 

I have relatives that still live in Europe and they have come to visit for a month at a time. 

• Love 3

I still can't believe that Fernanda wanted to get out of her country that bad that she hooked up with him.  It seems like her family could have used the money that went into her boobs for actual living expenses.  What 19 year old needs boobs?  She wasn't going into a life of stripping.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Eric's picture he showed in his online profile he looks ruggedly handsome, another one who in reality looks worse. Leida must be desperate to leave her family because Eric grosses me out. He is actually younger than me but looks/acts like he could be my father.

Eric needs  to hook up with the lady who invented the eye bag disappearing crime. He could make some quick cash!!

• Love 6
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Jumping Christ, there's a crapton of crying, weeping, bawling, sniffling, sniveling and sobbing this episode. 

Yah, but at least Fernanda uses a tissue.  Maybe she'll meet Rachel Bear somewhere and let her in on the innovation.

• Love 6

Russian  Baby is coming!  

This girl couldn’t get her boyfriend to send some money for a CRIB, diapers, bottles, rags and some onesies......??? 

Then all he brings is a breastfeeding in public cover-up...???  Hahahahahah!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I still can't believe that Fernanda wanted to get out of her country that bad that she hooked up with him.  It seems like her family could have used the money that went into her boobs for actual living expenses.  What 19 year old needs boobs?  She wasn't going into a life of stripping.

Seriously.  At 19 teens are still growing into their adult bodies. I don’t think my boobs were finished until I was about 22.

And Colt’s are still growing well into his 30s.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 16

Oh forum...as if I didn't already love you for the excellent 90DF snark...but to find out you all hold Sgt. Baker in the same esteem I do....sigh..true love....I will marry you and move to your country...but I won't live with your mom...

btw do none of these people talk about living arrangements before they commit? live in moms, daughters splitting rent...why is it always a surprise?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Eric needs  to hook up with the lady who invented the eye bag disappearing crime. He could make some quick cash!!

You mean the lady in that awful loud commercial?!  “I’m Annette and I’m an actresss...”

Shallow note, Ashley looks much prettier with less makeup. The kind she is wearing in the talking heads is quite cakey, wrong formula for her I think. 

I do appreciate Ashley acknowledging she isn’t versed/experienced in racial prejudice. 

Jay is so goofy. I can see how he brings a lot of fun and “lightness” to her life. I don’t think that means she should marry him though!

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 9