Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I saw this gif and am wondering at how William got the hozen, did Thea return it to Oliver at some point and I forgot? Or does she send it to William during the hiatus? Sorry your Dad's in the clink for life. Gotta go chase another pit, have a decorative rock.

tumblr_pgas6az20H1upkpglo2_540.gif

• Love 3
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I know that realistically, I should be happy if we get one.

Since Beth has talked about how realistically she wants to portray Oliver's prison experience and Felicity's experience on the outside, I hope she will be equally realistic in portraying their experience once Oliver gets out of prison. We deserve a bunch of domestic scenes, not only the happy ones, but also the slightly tense ones as Oliver realizes Felicity and William created a new normal while he was gone and they all try to adjust to fitting him into that. I hope Beth doesn't give short shrift to that, because to me, that's a more interesting story than whatever crime-fighting will be going on. Let the other members of the team be useful for once while the Queen family deals with their issues.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Thea gave Roy the hozen, so I'm guessing he gives it to William.

Thanks. Aw, that's actually really cute and sad. Reflective of the younger Queens when you think about it.

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Honestly? I don't know how to react when Arrow's social media accounts post anything Felicity/Olicity-related. 

IKR? I've seen so many "Who's running this account now?" tweets and it's cracking me up. They did good this time. They should keep it up!

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

If this means that the Arrow episode starts with a nice domestic, post-prison breakfast scene between Oliver, Felicity and William, I'm into it.

The crossover starts with a Flash episode, so that’s when I’m guessing this scene happens. 

On 10/8/2018 at 5:06 PM, Angel12d said:

Gotta admit I was kinda annoyed at Diggle's attitude. I know he's doing his job but at the same time we've spent 5 years of him side-eying ARGUS and going against them and suddenly he's following protocol where Felicity is concerned? ?

I am still sitting here waiting for ARGUS to finally become the bad guys they keep hinting at them being, and Dig and Lyla having some struggle between them and their vigilante friends. We`ve been shown how sketchy they are going back to the Suicide Squad stuff, we keep getting conformation of their sketchy behavior, and we know from LoT there is a timeline (probably this one) where they go full on dark sided and start arresting and torturing meta humans, including the good guys, and running the US like a police state, outlawing religion and tons of stuff. Come on, this story is right there, why wont they just make it happen!?! Instead of keeping Diaz around for no possible reason.

I would love it if they fully committed to Oliver struggling when he was out of prison, and how the family got used to having him back. If we have to have this whole prison thing, I want it to be for more reasons than fight scenes and contrived angst. I want earned angst damn it! 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I am still sitting here waiting for ARGUS to finally become the bad guys they keep hinting at them being

Me too. They could have started it with Cayden James too - I still don’t understand why he was such a bad guy they needed to keep him in a shipping container with a bag over his head or take him into their custody in the first place. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The crossover starts with a Flash episode, so that’s when I’m guessing this scene happens. 

Yep, he confirmed on FB a little while ago that he gets to open the first hour of the crossover. But he also tweeted that he filmed alone on The Flash set, so I guess no Queen Family pancake breakfast for us.  *pout*

But in brighter news, look what's back! Yay! (He was noting here that "That thing is off my face." Lolz)

DpHNHVcVsAAzv3B.jpg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

But in brighter news, look what's back! Yay! (He was noting here that "That thing is off my face." Lolz)

I know it's petty, but knowing SA dislikes the beard as much as we do makes me feel validated, haha.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Yep, he confirmed on FB a little while ago that he gets to open the first hour of the crossover. But he also tweeted that he filmed alone on The Flash set, so I guess no Queen Family pancake breakfast for us.  *pout*

Yeah, now I’m assuming it’s not a domestic Queen family scene with William and Felicity but he’s by himself (or with someone we wouldn’t expect) as another version of Oliver Queen. From FB:

I’m very excited to say that I get to open the crossover this year, which is a huge honour.  And I’m in a place that no one could ever expect me to be. EVER.

Hopefully we get some good family scenes before the crossover, at least.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I know it's petty, but knowing SA dislikes the beard as much as we do makes me feel validated, haha.

I also like his beard never really looked like the comic version.  

• Love 9

I really hope “he can’t live in that apartment anymore” means we’re getting a better Chez Queen set than the loft or that weird industrial apartment they were last living in. 

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/stephen-amell-arrow-season-7-prison-diaz-ruby-rose-1202972441/amp/

Looking ahead, what you do expect Oliver’s relationship with his team to be like now that he’s revealed his identity to the general public?

That’s the one thing I’m very, very curious to know about that I know precious little about. What’s Oliver’s like with the team when he gets out of prison — what is his relationship with the population of Star City? He’s outed now; he outed himself. What does that mean? We have to respect the enormity of that decision. He can’t live in that apartment anymore, because he’s the Green Arrow and everybody knows it. What are those dynamics? I’m very interested to see.

• Love 2

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-season-7-beth-schwartz-offers-updates-on-laurel-dinah/

“We’re very excited about her story. As you guys know, the theme [of Season 7] is redemption, and she has kind of the farthest [to go] to redeem herself,” Schwartz said when asked about what is going on with Laurel. “She’s the D.A. as we see in the premiere, but her season-long arc is about ‘is she Laurel or is she Black Siren, and which one is she going to land on’?”

The problem with this is "is she Laurel" sounds like "is she an exact copy of E1-LL?" 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-season-7-beth-schwartz-offers-updates-on-laurel-dinah/

The problem with this is "is she Laurel" sounds like "is she an exact copy of E1-LL?" 

Yeah. I mean, obviously she's A Laurel - that's her name. This whole struggling between being a hero and a villain thing could be interesting, but they keep making it "Am I a villain, or am I going to try to be this other earth's version of myself who I've never met and do not know." It's gross.  

• Love 4

I feel like they don't really know what they're doing with BS/LL. Constantly trying to say she's E1 Laurel is weird when she's continually proven otherwise. IDGI. I also don't really see the point, even more so with Quentin gone?

Also, LOL, I was right. Dinah is Police Captain. Will these canaries ever earn anything? ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

I dont remember....was Dinah being the new Police Captain something revealed before now? I mean I am not surprised in the least that they'd make her the captain but of course looks like we'll just continue down the same old road of putting these people in very high positions where it should make it harder for them to do their vigilante work. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, LOL, I was right. Dinah is Police Captain. Will these canaries ever earn anything? ?

Hey now, Sara earned being Captain of the Waverider.

Seriously though this better go somewhere that’s actual. Captain Dinah earns an eye roll but Siren isn’t even a lawyer. And no one remembers that she apparently goes by Dinah herself on Earth 2? We better see legal screw up after legal screw up and not in the “maybe the audience won’t notice how bad she is” way that they did with Laurel. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Hey now, Sara earned being Captain of the Waverider.

Seriously though this better go somewhere that’s actual. Captain Dinah earns an eye roll but Siren isn’t even a lawyer. And no one remembers that she apparently goes by Dinah herself on Earth 2? We better see legal screw up after legal screw up and not in the “maybe the audience won’t notice how bad she is” way that they did with Laurel. 

My dislike of the canaries doesn't include Sara, haha. She's the only one I liked. She's still the only one who made sense as BC to me. Le sigh.

If they have her completely competent as DA, first I will laugh and then I'll be rolling my eyes. It just wouldn't happen. It's like when she read one law book and told the DA what to do. Ridiculous. It's like they don't even care though.

• Love 6

More Olicity talk from Beth:

However, there will certainly be some tension between the two as the season goes on -- stemming from the constant threats to their lives from big bads like Diaz (Kirk Acevedo, who was upped to a series regular for the new season) and the Longbow Hunters, as well as Oliver's unilateral decision to go to prison in order to grant immunity to the rest of the team.

"It's definitely going to affect his marriage," Schwartz said of Oliver's sacrifice. "That's definitely going to be brought up. [Felicity] didn't like that too much."

https://www.etonline.com/arrow-boss-teases-olicity-parallels-in-season-7-111466

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I feel like they don't really know what they're doing with BS/LL. 

They’ve never known what they’re doing with any version of Laurel, which is why they’ve had so much difficulty making her important to the narrative. TBH, they haven’t done a better job of that with Dinah, either. It’s weird to think how much story Sara drove in S2 compared to the Canaries who came after her. 

The first line of the GATV article makes it sound like there not much focus on either of them in the premiere. 

• Love 7

"It's definitely going to affect his marriage," Schwartz said of Oliver's sacrifice. "That's definitely going to be brought up. [Felicity] didn't like that too much."

Is it too much to hope for good angst? Like, "I'm so happy you're back and I love you but I'm still mad but yay you're back" kind of thing? Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 11
On 10/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, Chaser said:

It looked like a Rodent of Unusual Size died on his chin. 

Ooh!  I like this.  I may just always refer to it as the ROUS.

Juliana Harkavy’s Dinah Drake is going to have a new role on the series, keeping her promise to put her vigilante alter ego aside and taking over as Star City’s new police captain.

It just felt like that was the natural position she would be in when everyone was choosing what makes them a hero for this city,” Beth said. “Her beginning, her origin story, she was a cop before she was Black Canary, so it just made the most sense. She’s kind of going back to her roots a little bit, and as we see in the premiere, she’s on the other side of things. It’s interesting- and Rene is calling her out on it – because she is now the people who used to chase after them, but she believes that what’s best for the city is law and order, and not necessarily vigilantes anymore.”

I have a feeling the ones hoping for BS to replace Dinah as BC are hyped.  I have a hard time believing they'd actually do that aka have an official fourth iteration (fifth if you count Madison) and set Dinah aside as BC but I will be rather surprised if they don't "redeem" BS by the end of the season.  I still expect when they do for them to stick her on a bus and send her home but I'm expecting a lot of happy BS fans with inflated hopes in the meantime.  

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

I expect to be tortured a bit at some point.  I just hope they yank that bandage quick.  It's earned angst.  They NEED to work that out but I want it worked on and see growth, not for it to be used as a lasting wedge.  But I kind of expect a couple episodes of pain.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I expect to be tortured a bit at some point.  I just hope they yank that bandage quick.  It's earned angst.  They NEED to work that out but I want it worked on and see growth, not for it to be used as a lasting wedge.  But I kind of expect a couple episodes of pain.  

Yeah I really expect this and have since the finale. They just better have arguments that make sense not just use it to split them up for shenanigans.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I have a feeling the ones hoping for BS to replace Dinah as BC are hyped.  I have a hard time believing they'd actually do that aka have an official fourth iteration (fifth if you count Madison) and set Dinah aside as BC but I will be rather surprised if they don't "redeem" BS by the end of the season.  I still expect when they do for them to stick her on a bus and send her home but I'm expecting a lot of happy BS fans with inflated hopes in the meantime.

I agree with you in theory but you are working on the assumption that KC isn't going to cling onto the Arrowverse like a barnacle.

She will move to the The Flash after Arrow finishes! She ain't going anywhere.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ooh!  I like this.  I may just always refer to it as the ROUS.

I don't see it. They could have gotten rid of her eons ago and didn't. Why would next time be any different - especially with a now redeemed LL/BS and the BC title most likely vacant?