Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

That write-up about BS successfully taking over LL’s identity - it’s not like it was hard in S6. Lance wanted her to be LL. The public went, “yep, that story makes sense.” Even the doctor who declared LL dead went, “crazy things happen.”

Now, if that changes in S7 with BS pretending to be LL and acting as DA, sure, I’ll call that a success. But she basically had LL’s life handed to her on a projection screen-sized, LL-picture filled platter in S6. 

Think before you write, TV Guide. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- Male Fan: "Hi, my name is Dash. And my question is, why is everybody seemingly okay with Evil Laurel Lance just walking around in society, like, she's already outed as the Black Canary, she's supposed to be dead, and, like, the good guys just don't seem to care at all that she's taking over their Laurel's life, like, how do the characters react to that?"  DR: "It's a great question. It's a very good question. Um, I think they're going to address that more this season. That's the quick answer to it. But I also think there's, um - I can't speak for the writers of the show, but I've been an actor on the show for seven seasons and I know that the John Diggle and Felicity Smoak characters particularly have been conduits used to help our lead, Oliver Queen, regain his humanity. Okay? Oliver Queen from Season 1 is totally different than the Oliver Queen in Season 6. (CH interjected, "Especially this season.")  Especially this season. So, I think, part of this is about his understanding of redemption. Like I said, I can't speak for them. But, from my vantage point, that's how I read the character. So I read part of what the allowance that he gives to this new Laurel, and the, um, license he gives to her to change, is almost a mirror image of himself being able to change. And also he feels guilty, right? About the death of the original Laurel Lance. But the bigger story to your question of, you know, just in the whole world of the city, how are they allowing her to kind of assume this new life, I think they will get to that. But part of this - part of this was - because all of these stories lead to our lead, Oliver Queen, right? So that's why I always go back to him. So I think that's part of what the writers want to show is, how this relates to Oliver. But I think some of what you're asking will be addressed this season."

This is the only thing about BS taking over Laurel's life that makes the smallest bit of sense.  But still, blech.

And kudos to Dash for asking the question we're all asking.

• Love 6

If MG and co. werent so lazy last year, they could've had Siren team up with Oliver and co. for the last stint in S6 which would further strengthen them not trying to find a way to come for her. Still such a wasted opportunity to have her help them after 6x14 (?) and have her go back in undercover to get more information on Diaz, be conflicted with possibly switching allegiances but deciding not to and still getting taken "hostage" by Diaz. Even Power Rangers managed to do the storyline better back in the day.

Well, Oliver's in prison for quite a while so I can't imagine he's had much Laurel duty yet. I think that's Dinah's job so far. LMAO good luck. 

See, I dont totally mind the idea that Oliver tolerates Black Siren being around, as they have mutual goals as of now, and she isnt killing people at the moment. He is a pragmatic guy, and has worked with bad people before to get a worse person. But, I still wish we could see her get some kind of comeuppance, or at least start a real redemption story, if they insist on keeping her psycho ass around. Her just looking like Laurel and not murdering as many people as she used to isnt going to make me like her. 

• Love 13

EXCLUSIVE: ‘ARROW’ Season 7 to Feature DC Villain Javelin
Charles Murphy   September 13, 2018
http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/09/exclusive-arrow-season-7-to-feature-dc-villain-javelin/

We know that the upcoming 7th season of Arrow, set to premiere this fall, will see Oliver Queen behind bars, leaving Team Arrow to pick up the pace. While Oliver is sure to have his hand full in prison with former enemies and some less than friendly guards, we now know the big bad that the rest of the team will be dealing with in addition to the Longbow Hunters. DC Comics villain Javelin is coming to town!

DC Comics have typically portrayed Javelin as a German Olympic athlete and a thorn in the side of Hal Jordan. He’s been given a bit of an update here, but interestingly enough his Olympic origins may still come into play as a link to Team Arrow member Curtis Holt.

Described as smart and ruthless, Leonard Gibbons, aka Javelin, is a French chemical weapons trader. In the midst of a huge ongoing deal, he does business with an undercover Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific, bringing Team Arrow squarely into the mix. The studio is currently on the lookout for a French-speaking male in his 30s to take on what was described as a “large principle role.”

Certainly a character like Javelin, with his assortment of tricky spear-based weapons and high level of athletic skill fits in just fine in the Arrowverse. We know that Holt was himself an Olympic athlete, having won a bronze in the 2008 decathlon, so it’ll be interesting to see what shared history, if any, the two men have.

Edited by tv echo

A villain possibly linked to Curtis? Keep it. Unless that villain kills him I’m not interested. ?

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, way2interested said:

That's weird to have kind of what he's doing as the character description for auditions rather than more personality descriptions. Like, that basically is describing the potential plot of 708 as much as the actual character.

That's not the casting call itself though.  The description is an adaptation from the casting call which itself may have more personality descriptions.

A French-speaking actor with pointy weapon skills?  I'm more excited for him than Dragon and the Longbow Hunters.

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's not the casting call itself though.  The description is an adaptation from the casting call which itself may have more personality descriptions.

I'm just talking about this part

Described as smart and ruthless, Leonard Gibbons, aka Javelin, is a French chemical weapons trader. In the midst of a huge ongoing deal, he does business with an undercover Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific, bringing Team Arrow squarely into the mix. The studio is currently on the lookout for a French-speaking male in his 30s to take on what was described as a “large principle role.”

Which they wouldn't know unless it was on the casting call, which is where they got their descriptions for all of the other new characters this season, unless they got this info from somewhere else this time (like maybe they only got the sides for this guy and no description. "Smart and ruthless" can be easily written in audition sides). It's how all of their character teases went (even the one for Diaz, who also became the Big Bad technically down the line), except the others which had only personality descriptions while this one barely has anything in comparison. That's why I thought it was weird.

31 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

A villain possibly linked to Curtis? Keep it. Unless that villain kills him I’m not interested. ?

Luckily it sounds more like how Diaz was linked to Diggle, enough to introduce the guy but then a completely dropped connection once that plot gets going.

Edited by way2interested

At least Beth seemed to push the idea that Oliver only really needs to redeem himself in the idea of him keeping the secret from the city and not like actually seen as being like this horrible person who is like beyond redemption like usual. 

40 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

IDK, but I feel like even Felicity could do better than that sad food that's on his tray.

Oliver will make that joke in 701. Felicity won't react or joke back, and that's when Oliver knows he dun goofed and his wife is going to start to show that "different side of her."

• Love 4

As we showed in the trailer for the season, there haven’t been vigilantes in five months. It’s actually illegal. 

This is so dumb.  Being a vigilante was NEVER legal.  Them not going out and saving the city is just them per usual not caring enough to put themselves out.  And I'd be fine with some of them permanently hanging up the mask if TPTB didn't frame it like, oh they would be out there if only they were allowed to!  The B team are just such a low standard compared to our original trio.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This is so dumb.  Being a vigilante was NEVER legal.  Them not going out and saving the city is just them per usual not caring enough to put themselves out.  And I'd be fine with some of them permanently hanging up the mask if TPTB didn't frame it like, oh they would be out there if only they were allowed to!  The B team are just such a low standard compared to our original trio.

I can imagine Curtis being really happy he has an excuse he doesn't have to be a vigilante anymore, considering how much he complained about it ruining his life.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I can imagine Curtis being really happy he has an excuse he doesn't have to be a vigilante anymore, considering how much he complained about it ruining his life.

No wasn't it Oliver and Felicitys happiness that ruined his life? 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

But he’ll also complain about not being a vigilante and probably that Oliver didn’t talk to him before going to prison like he talked to the others just like he complained about not being interrogated by the FBI or subpoenaed. Because, you know, that’s Curtis. 

• Love 5

They are filming now for Arrow like 706  or 707, right?

I know SA said they finally this year factored in some time just to film for the crossover but I think they are still filming Arrow for now but later it might shut down for I think they said a week or two. 

Yeah, I think they are finishing up 706 and will start 707 this week. I just meant they already started writing the script for the crossover, so whatever Beth's writing would have to be for 710. No idea whenever they start filming for the crossover, although it looks like preproduction already started.

• Love 1

SA: If it was up to me, people wouldn't know anything about the upcoming seasons.

Also SA: So that Felicity stuff in the SDCC trailer is definitely a dream, Oliver lets a guy get beat up and doesn't save him as the horrible thing we've been teasing, here's more teases to things everyone wasn't even thinking about, and let me talk about a scene I have with EBR that I previously lied and said I didn't have.

• Love 15

Season 7 will also bring back Colton Haynes as Roy Harper, whose return is still shrouded in mystery. "I can’t give you a single thing," Amell laughed. "I can say stuff, but the really cool thing is that I could give you like a hundred guesses, and I don’t think that you would get it. We find him in a spot that you would never expect to find him, talking to a character that you’ve never seen before, but is incredibly familiar."

So, possibly Roy as GA with Konomi Rhodes? Maybe he shoots her in the leg for old times' sake.

If Felicity fighting is an Oliver dream sequence, I just lost my interest in the premier.  I don't care about Oliver in prison because prison movies have never interested me, and I care even less about Rene, Curtis and Dinah.

If SA thinks that people not knowing anything about the season is going to make them happier when they see it, I suspect he's javing another of his reading-the-room-wrong moments.

• Love 3

I just realized that I wouldn't mind Roy having a scene with the n00bs. Provided it went along these lines. A n00b tries to bond and Roy shoots them down. I gave up my life for Oliver. Gladly, because I realized the influence he had on my life and the lives of SC's residents. Which one are you again, the rat, the enemy fraternizer or the Lonely Hearts Club card holder? 

Just now, statsgirl said:

If Felicity fighting is an Oliver dream sequence, I just lost my interest in the premier.  I don't care about Oliver in prison because prison movies have never interested me, and I care even less about Rene, Curtis and Dinah.

I interpreted it as confirmation of the scene from the SDCC sizzle reel in which Felicity calls for Oliver is a dream. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Felicity fighting is an Oliver dream sequence, I just lost my interest in the premier. I don't care about Oliver in prison because prison movies have never interested me, and I care even less about Rene, Curtis and Dinah.

Unless Oliver can know what Witsec Felicity looks like before seeing her (since she's beat up in the scene between them and not beat up but still in Wtisec look in that one other promo shot for 701), I'm guessing he was referring to the quick shot of Felicity running to William in some forest that we all guessed was a dream sequence and not her throwing coffee at a guy.

I also just realized, hilariously, he never mentioned the newbies at all in that interview. lol

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I gave up my life for Oliver.

He shot me with an arrow, and I still faked death for him. You newbies have nothing.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

He shot me with an arrow, and I still faked death for him. You newbies have nothing.

I'm sure TPTB want to forget NTA's various betrayals from last season, but I'd love a little bit of compare/contrast with Roy and NTA. Heck, shooting a mentee with an arrow shows that Oliver cares (e.g. Barry.) NTA wishes Oliver cared enough to shoot them. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Heck, shooting a mentee with an arrow shows that Oliver cares (e.g. Barry.) NTA wishes Oliver cared enough to shoot them. 

Roy: Shooting you with an arrow shows that he cares about you

Newbs: But he never shot Diggle or Felicity!

Roy: Yeah, because he doesn't want to die. Gosh, I thought you guys actually hung around him?

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I also just realized, hilariously, he never mentioned the newbies at all in that interview. lol

LOL. I know he would never say so, but I hope he thinks they're as useless and superflous as many of us do.

I think this is a different school than the one where they filmed the William/play scenes a few weeks ago.

• Love 1

So there's a group of new vigilantes running around. But we didn't get rid of the other ones yet? How is that fair?! ?

I'm guessing this supposedly reprehensible thing Oliver does that SA mentioned at SDCC is about his new friend Stanley. Even if he lets Stanley get hurt, I still won't care or think that's reprehensible tbh. Sometimes I wonder if these writers know their audience at all. ?

I'm also guessing that this big "shocking" scene at the end of 701 is the reveal of the pretend GA? 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

That was the best. He mentions three reasons why Oliver would opt to stay in jail (Diaz on the loose, the team's immunity, and Felicity/William's safety), but then goes on to say it's only two of those three things that keeps him from breaking out:

One of the things that I chatted with the writers about is, we have to make sure there’s an anchor to keep Oliver in prison. That’s something that I’ve thought a lot about. Because he’s in there for three reasons: He’s in there to keep Felicity and William safe. He’s in there to give his friends immunity. And he’s in there because that means that the FBI and A.R.G.U.S. are gonna track Diaz. So, if all three of those things go away, he would just break out. And that’s something that we talk about all the time. So, he’s aware that Diaz is still out there, but he’s also having trouble being convinced that Felicity and William are safe. He’s having recurring nightmares about Diaz finding them, and obviously doing what Diaz would do."

This was one of the best (and most spoilery) interviews we've gotten from SA in ages. Maybe he's realizing that the spoiler policing has seriously dampened excitement for the new season compared to what he's used to seeing around this time of year.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I'm guessing this supposedly reprehensible thing Oliver does that SA mentioned at SDCC is about his new friend Stanley. Even if he lets Stanley get hurt, I still won't care or think that's reprehensible tbh. Sometimes I wonder if these writers know their audience at all. ?

Thinking about it more, I wonder if he'll actually do something/hurt/kill Stanley by the end of 701, which would be more "reprehensible" I guess, since they already spoiled that something happens to him already.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Thinking about it more, I wonder if he'll actually do something/hurt/kill Stanley by the end of 701, which would be more "reprehensible" I guess, since they already spoiled that something happens to him already.

Possibly. And I still won’t be like “Omg Oliver is terrible!” Because if this is about him doing whatever it takes to survive prison, I’ll probably just shrug. ?

*Sigh* I miss you two together too, Emily. I’m gonna need some serious Olicity time later in the season to make up for this. 

I mean, these are the writers who considered OTA and NTA to be morally equal (you spied on me after I betrayed you, I tried to ax you to death, basically the same!) in the whole Civil Bore mess, so they probably consider Oliver to be a monster if he cuts somebody in line at dinner. 

• Love 11

I don't think they think Oliver is a monster, since SA is even saying the only reason Oliver is staying in prison is circumstantial stuff, not because he thinks he deserves it or anything. More like prison would push him to do things he wouldn't normally do (not save someone or even hurt someone innocent) and that thing is something that would normally be seen as universally bad (whether it's something that actually makes anyone not want to root for Oliver anymore is another question, since they basically already covered their bases saying it's him trying to survive).

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

*Sigh* I miss you two together too, Emily. I’m gonna need some serious Olicity time later in the season to make up for this. 

I mean, these are the writers who considered OTA and NTA to be morally equal (you spied on me after I betrayed you, I tried to ax you to death, basically the same!) in the whole Civil Bore mess, so they probably consider Oliver to be a monster if he cuts somebody in line at dinner. 

You forgot "you didn't let him ax you to death and the wannabe ax-murderer got hurt! you're the worst!" 

• Love 6