Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E12: Nominations #4

• Start Topic

So that's what RockStar was muttering at the end of the last episode. And they don't need to show the fight over and over. We already saw it.

I suppose Tyler literally didn't flip - because he was going to vote out Winston all along. He just didn't tell Kaitlyn.

Tyler looks like Cousin It when he hangs his head down. 

Brave Scottie! Hugs RockStar when she's covered with gunk and he'll have it all over his shirt now.

I think the Diary Room segments foretell who's going next. Yes! And it's Fessy! Now Brett is talking. He's next, but he jumped.

Ha! Sam's trying to freak out Kaitlyn and she succeeded.

• Love 3

Boy, RockStar's skin is really peeling. 

I think they should get RockStar out if they can before jury - she'll definitely hold a grudge.

Ha ha! Kaitlyn says, "Fessy, you're hurting my feelings." Fessy says, "I don't care!"

All I can say is "Good for Sam!"

I like the sound effects during Kaitlyn's conversation with Tyler.

Josh did the pots and pans better. I'm surprise they didn't bleep that on the broadcast.

• Love 2

You know an episode of Big Brother is going to be good when we get the BB15 "Aaryn is a racist" disclaimer at the start. 

Dear Rockstar, Evel Dick called and wants his tired schtick back. 

Holy crap, Sam. "The opposite of female empowerment"? "You should have more respect for yourself"? You said that. You actually said that. Fuck you. 

• Love 16

What in the world kind of nomination speech was that ?? I thought you wanted to win the game, Sam ?? I like Sam, but it's very early to be pissing people off, when there was no reason to it it, not like that ! Pretty stupid, IMO.

• Love 10

This show.

From the insanely ridiculous to the extreme heavy handedness of very important societal issues.

There is really no middle ground.

I feel pity for RockStar. I think she's a very sad person with self esteem issues.  Yes, Brett's a jerk, but at the end of the day, it was just a game move. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. It wasn't worth all that.

Rolling my eyes back at Sam's speech. That was a thousand times worse than what Brett did.

• Love 11

Rockstars tears are like spoonfuls of peanut butter mousse.  She can go any time.  Bay's DR was right on.  Take it down a few notches.  Like anybody cares that it's your kid's birthday.

Brett's move was brilliant.  He's still annoying as hell, but a great move.

JC is quite the conniver!  Tyler is so freaking smooth.  Quietly running the whole house.

Fessy is thick as a brick.  JC playing him is hilarious.  

Sam laying down the HoH law!  I would crave privacy in a zoo like that.

Kaitlyn and her "vision" of the power being used to flip votes.  LOL.

That JC Bay thing was very confusing.  Too much mansplainin' 

What did he say if it wasn't the N-word?

That nomination speech was strange.  When did Sam become the Morality Police?

Now the big question becomes: "Is the evictee smart or talented enough to win the challenge to get back in?"

• Love 11
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

Ok, Bayleigh is infuriating. I have had that exact conversation with people, where I've tried to explain how offensive the M word is. Did she honestly not see that she was using the M word in the exact same way that JC was using the N word?  JC was trying to explain how offensive that word is by comparing it the most offensive word she could be called. Simply saying either word is offensive...except when Bayleigh says it apparently. That entire conversation was so frustrating to watch.

Freaking Rockstar...I had second hand embarrassment watching her tonight. I actually started rooting for Brett.

It was absolutely exhausting watching the convo.  I don't think in that instance that Bailey needed to be mad.  

Ha, this house is blowing up fast! I was surprised by Sam's speech.  

• Love 20

RS laying on Brett's junk while she's trying to show how much she "hates" him? #1) Hide your thirst for the type who probably rejected you in high school, babe. #2) If that were a dude laying on a woman, I daresay there might be an uproar.

The "bad word" convos were just so sad. It's like they were both coming from the same place but the n-word was a trigger (as well it should be) and it all went downhill and tangled ass over mouth. On the one hand, JC should not have said the actual word in the first place, but on the other hand he didn't repeat it once Bayleigh checked him, whereas it seemed (through all the pixellation and censoring) that she said the actual m-word more than once, even after he pointed out its analogous offensiveness. Personally, I understand these words are awful and refrain from using them (and sure as FUCK would not say them on tv), but at the same time, I bristle at being told "you cannot say that word." Any individual can say any individual word in this country; it's free speech. And once you say any word, you will be treated accordingly. Whether it's "fire" in a theater or a horrible, deep-seated, offensive slur, you can say it, and will be judged, by your peers in one way or another. The whole thing was so damn uncomfortable and wrenching.

Sam going nutso moral police? Hahahah!!! I've always wanted someone to step into their HoH truth and lay down some ground rules, but shit, I'd be a hell of a lot more politic about it. You don't win friends with salad! I can't even begin to count the ways she dun fucked up, especially when she's the one who KNOWS the ousted this week gets a chance to reenter! Man, I no longer feel so bad for her robot punishment. Holy SHIT - I just realized she IS the V-GINY of Futurama!!!

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You know an episode of Big Brother is going to be good when we get the BB15 "Aaryn is a racist" disclaimer at the start. 

Dear Rockstar, Evel Dick called and wants his tired schtick back. 

Holy crap, Sam. "The opposite of female empowerment"? "You should have more respect for yourself"? You said that. You actually said that. Fuck you. 

It’s worse than that. Sam actually made me agree with what Kaitlyn said in her Diary Room clip right after than. I can’t remember what it was, so fortunately my Kaitlyn-ignoring powers kicked back in. 

I’ve mostly loved Sam up to this point, but every so often she has said something that made me question that. Now she has tipped the scale all the way over to loathing. Sam, Kaitlyn, and Brett can go anytime now. 

Hayleigh hasn’t impressed me for good or ill thus far, but I felt sorry for her tonight. 

• Love 6

Sam seems so nice and sweet, but give her a little power, and WOW!  She's kind of mean.  She chopped off everyone's possibility of kissing up to her in the HoH room (which OFTEN provides opportunities that she may not have anticipated) and then needlessly turned allies (or, at least, non-enemies) into enemies with her speech.  I don't mind what she said to Haileigh and Kaitlyn (they have a strategy Sam doesn't care for) but maybe she keep that to herself.

I don't like Brett, but his reaction to Rockstar's pots and pans nonsense was perfect.  She looked like an idiot (well, more than usual).

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Ok, Bayleigh is infuriating. I have had that exact conversation with people, where I've tried to explain how offensive the M word is. Did she honestly not see that she was using the M word in the exact same way that JC was using the N word?  JC was trying to explain how offensive that word is by comparing it to the most offensive word she could be called. Simply saying either word is offensive...except when Bayleigh says it apparently. That entire conversation was so frustrating to watch.

Freaking Rockstar...I had second hand embarrassment watching her tonight. I actually started rooting for Brett.

I wouldn’t go so far as to root for Brett, but I agree she acted like an idiot. It’s a damn game. 

JC should have stood down right away and apologized for using the word much sooner, but he wasn’t wrong that Bayleigh made her own mistakes in that conversation. When they went off by themselves I was worried that they might need a referee, but they finally got to a place where they realized how much their struggles had in common. I’m glad of that, and to see that Bayleigh has stepped up her game since Shaggy left. 

• Love 3

Rockstar’s reaction to Brett’s move, is exactly why it was a good move for him to make. He is now living rent free in her head until one of them goes. Yeah he doesn’t like her, but it was a game move. Unlike what Sam did which really was personal. Like I really felt bad for Kaitlyn and Haleigh. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Literally, Sam went from the top of my personal rankings to right down to the bottom with that. 

You know what isn't female empowerment? Shaming other women. Like Sam just did. 

Oh, yeah, that’s the point Kaitlyn made that I agreed with. 

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

You don't win friends with salad!

Ha! Never heard this before but I plan to use it as often as possible now.

Also shocking to me...JC is 5 feet even? I'm also 5 feet even.  I had no clue I looked that small lol!

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 8

Sam’s putting the kibosh in any one on one’s and announcing immediately that she had her picks really created a lot of dead space which I guess is why B.B. showed the controversial discussion between Bay and JC that occurred much earlier in the week.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

Rockstar’s reaction to Brett’s move, is exactly why it was a good move for him to make. He is now living rent free in her head until one of them goes. Yeah he doesn’t like her, but it was a game move. Unlike what Sam did which really was personal.

I think if Rockstar had to make a choice of getting Brett out or winning the game, she would pick the first option without skipping a beat.

And I physically cringed at the pots and pans routine.  That's just a horrible look for a mother of young children. Brett actually had it right there. What an example to set with your kids watching.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

Sam seems so nice and sweet, but give her a little power, and WOW!  She's kind of mean.  She chopped off everyone's possibility of kissing up to her in the HoH room (which OFTEN provides opportunities that she may not have anticipated) and then needlessly turned allies (or, at least, non-enemies) into enemies with her speech.  

The first thing she did that struck me as mean was back when she was the Robot. Other houseguests were trying to comfort her but she shut them down rather rudely. I wrote it off as being super-stressed because of her isolation, but I think it was more than that. 

I was was happy to see that, for once, Kaitlyn’s Vanessa-like method of crying hard at someone to get that someone to apologize to her when she was the offending one didn’t work on Fessy. I was also thrilled to see that her Spidey-sense didn’t clue her in to the fact that Tyler voted for Winston. I was going to say he lied to her, but he really didn’t. She just heard what she wanted to hear. 

Kaitlyn: Swear to me on you father’s grave that you didn’t vote to send Winston home. 

Tyler: I would never do that. 

Although I hate the reasons Sam gave for her nominations, if Kaitlyn and Haleigh believe Sam used her power to flip votes and send Winston home, they were better choices than Sam thought. 

Tyler is a lot of fun to watch. He is playing every side of the house, but, unlike Paul, he’s not setting up people’s backs as he’s doing it. If his game blows up I think he has a chance to survive it. 

• Love 11
(edited)

In a very general sense, I understand the point that Sam was trying to make about manipulating guys being incompatible with female empowerment.  That being said, I haven't seen many instances of Haleigh being manipulative at all and it's fully within Kaitlyn's right to use that strategy as she chooses just as Sam has that same right to play the game as she sees fit.  Furthermore, it's pretty obvious that all of the guys involved are more than capable of standing up for themselves if they feel manipulated.  Sam clearly has an issue with women in general and anyone who doesn't fall within her narrow view of what is acceptable.  

Regardless of how she feels, publicly chastising them is just a stupid way to play Big Brother.  Even if her power was not in play this week (which makes her speech just mind-numbingly dumb) she just alienated more than half the house just to push her own agenda.  

If you want to show someone up for gameplay you don't respect, the best way to do that is find another way to actually WIN, not shoot yourself in the foot.

Her seemingly ultra conservative attitude and inability to read social clues remind me of both Monty from OTT and a little bit of BB19's Cody.

If she's ostracized next week or put on the block, I wonder if "poor little me" Sam will return?  If so, I don't expect she'll get nearly as much sympathy this time around.

ETA:  Almost forgot to mention how much I loved the whole house's excitement over the Rockstar/Brett kerfuffle.  It was like everyone yelling "Fight! Fight!" in a high school hallway.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 12

Well I think as usual with slutshaming that Haleigh and Kaitlyn might have gotten sympathy points. Their teary DR's for once were justified as if someone so publicly called me a slut on national TV I think I'd be hysterical crying too. 

It kind of reminded me of Britney of BB12 and BB14. In BB14 she said on the feeds that she thought she was being cool and she'd be well liked for her comments about Rachel, but when she got out of the house the feedback was not positive at all. And she got her share of "you're a slut" because of her relationship with Lane. So she wrote Rachel a long apology letter. The two of them seem to be on good terms now.

I don't think Sam will have a similar epiphany though. Britney seemed just immature more than anything. Sam is way older. I think this is just who she is.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Sam’s putting the kibosh in any one on one’s and announcing immediately that she had her picks really created a lot of dead space which I guess is why B.B. showed the controversial discussion between Bay and JC that occurred much earlier in the week.

They may have shown more of it that they normally would and for just that reason, but Julie announced on Thursday that Sunday’s show would address that. That was before the HoH had been won. 

• Love 1

Also, until just a few minutes ago, I could not figure what the offensive m-word was. “Munchkin” was the only one I could think of, but it didn’t seem quite offensive enough. It finally dawned on me. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sam's speech was harsh and incredibly sexist. I am not impressed with her at all. That was not necessary and not game related at all. C'mon, Sam. 

I remember when she was given her power back when people wanted her to be safe (me included) saying that "I'm not sure if she'll end up being 'America's Sweetheart' in the end but still was worth of the save. And then today happens and I feel like I had 'A hit' as Kaitlyn would say. I hate to say it but that was harsh. She's kind of a bitch. Which is unfortunate.

As is them having to devote 29 minutes to the M-word N-word debate. But Julie told us we were going to sensitivity school so I can't say I was surprised they spent so much time on it.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Also shocking to me...JC is 5 feet even? I'm also 5 feet even.  I had no clue I looked that small lol!

I don't think he's 5 feet. My mom in 4'11" and I suspect he's shorter that her but he's definitely no taller than her.

Bayleigh came off horribly in her argument with JC. She didn't listen to a word JC said. At least JC never said the n-word again. She said the m-word 3 more times and the f-word for good measure. 

I'm glad Sam is taking heat for her nom speech. 

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Ha! Never heard this before but I plan to use it as often as possible now.

I'd be shocked if JC is 5 ft. tall ! There just is no way. I have a sister who is about 5'1'' and I just don't believe that he is about her height. I think he's just trying to make it not sound soooo short !

• Love 6

Tyler just keeps making me like him more. I loved the moment with JC, when JC was all, "Just vote for Winston and keep quiet and we'll handle it," and Tyler was all, "OK." And the Kaitlyn coming up with Sam's power being used to switch the votes so Winston left. Tyler managed to set things up so he just needs to lay low and he'll be in a good spot. LOVED the thumbs up during the conversation with Kaitlyn.

Sam's speech made zero sense, particularly since she knows that whoever goes home has the chance to come back! She's needlessly pissing people off. And I understand not wanting people in the HOH room without her, but she didn't have to shut people down that much. Even a "I know who I'm going to nominate, but am around if people want to hang out with me up here." And that nomination speech was just awful.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think he's 5 feet. My mom in 4'11" and I suspect he's shorter that her but he's definitely no taller than her.

Bayleigh came off horribly in her argument with JC. She didn't listen to a word JC said. At least JC never said the n-word again. She said the m-word 3 more times and the f-word for good measure. 

I'm glad Sam is taking heat for her nom speech. 

But now I have absolutely no idea what the F word is and why I shouldn't being using it.  I mean the F word usually referred to a four letter swear word in the past but that makes no sense here.  So I don't even know if I want to know at this point because we are already doubling down on "insert-a-letter"-words and are using up our alphabet way too quickly and soon there will be no way to allude to any more forbidden words and then what do we do?

I liked when Kaitlyn thought that Sam's power was to flip 2 votes and she ran out to tell others and Tyler just sat back and looked up at a camera and grinned and gave us all the thumbs up.  It must be so hard for him to keep a straight face around Kaitlyn.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
(edited)

After tonight I have come to the conclusion that Sam who I liked initially is something of an Ass-hat as we use to say. I don't know if she's jealous of the other girls or what but get a grip. And I think that pompous speech in the HOH room is going to come back and bite her later on. I'm starting to see why she wasn't popular early on..

Tyler giving the thumbs up breaking the fourth wall like Frank Undewood was pretty funny.

I do sympathize with Bayleigh. I was in the same boat being only one of three black kids in a white school but man it was a lot worse back in the 1970's and 80's when I went to school. I often got called the N-Word and all the variations on it in the book. Just hearing it now in passing like she did I would just shrug off. WHen its directed AT you well that's a different matter.

With that said the coversation got so circular I could barely follow it and it was taking up over a quarter of the episode. It just seemed like a very odd thing to throw into this episode.

LOL that Angela can go entire episodes without uttering a word. No way she wasn' t the least trending when they gave it Hayleigh.

Hey editors...whatever happened to the Bayleith/Fessy/Kaitlyn triangle storyline? It appeared on one episode and NOTHING since then. Who the heck is he actually with now?

Rockstar rubbing up against her hated enemy was too bizarre for words.

Oh and just for fun  we got a photo cameo of Sam's granny who loves to have Sam kill snakes!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, green said:

But now I have absolutely no idea what the F word is and why I shouldn't being using it.  I mean the F word usually referred to a four letter swear word in the past but that makes no sense here.  So I don't even know if I want to know at this point because we are already doubling down on "insert-a-letter"-words and are using up our alphabet way to quickly and soon there will be no way to allude to any more forbidden words and then what do we do?

Three letters, derogatory word for "gay".

It does kinda feel like a crossword at this point

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

I likeSame as much, if not more now. Whether people agree with what she said, at least she was honest instead of going behind their backs. I also don’t think she’s wrong: if Kaitlyn’s boyfriend was on, and always giving the oppositesexhugs or cuddling with them, I’m guessing she’d be ticked. Haileigh was making out with Fesy after knowing him for aNYCminute. Did she forget her family saw that too?

As for the dramaversation, I think JC was trying to tellBayleigh the M word is as offensive to him as the N word is to her. He just happened to use the word in the explaination, as did she. I agree using the N word is not okay, but wonder why it’s okay for rappers to use it.

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Three letters, derogatory word for "gay".

It does kinda feel like a crossword at this point

Thanks.  I had actually forgotten the word even existed. 

And yeah there was a play they showed on PBS last year I think about this young white liberal guy trying to get along with Afro-Americans especially stubbing all over himself trying to not remotely offend them and ending up tying himself up in knots just to get a full sentence out of his mouth.  He was always apologizing and asking if this and that was offensive and not being able to carry on just a simple normal conversation.  It is fine and great and wonderful to not offend anyone but it is really getting hard to communicate when some new word hits the "proscribed" list every other day it seems.

Not that the F word is new but you catch my drift.  I sure can't keep up at times.

Edited to add that -- OT -- the play I mentioned above was called Honky which was a derogatory term towards whites back in the day but since forgotten.  You can view it here:  https://www.pbs.org/video/onstage-america-onstage-america-honky/

Edited by green
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Why is it only the women's fault? Do the men have no say in this? Are the men not included in this? No, let's only shame the women!

No, those "young men" are powerless against these big city wicked women.  I've certainly noticed these poor guys crying out for help when the whores drape themselves over them.  

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, green said:

Thanks.  I had actually forgotten the word even existed. 

And yeah there was a play they showed on PBS last year I think about this young white liberal guy trying to get along with Afro-Americans especially stubbing all over himself trying to not remotely offend them and ending up tying himself up in knots just to get a full sentence out of his mouth.  He was always apologizing and asking if this and that was offensive and not being able to carry on just a simple normal conversation.  It is fine and great and wonderful to not offend anyone but it is really getting hard to communicate when some new word hits the "proscribed" list every other day it seems.

Not that the F word is new but you catch my drift.  I sure can't keep up at times.

Edited to add that -- OT -- the play I mentioned above was called Honky which was a derogatory term towards whites back in the day but since forgotten in the main.  You can view it here:  https://www.pbs.org/video/onstage-america-onstage-america-honky/

2 hours ago, Suzysite said:

She's not wrong.  Hanging all over the guys is weak gameplay.

I agree, but then Sam should have said I don't like your game play.  Instead, she made it very personal and attacked their morals and integrity.  It was the definition of slut-shaming.

• Love 13

Guess Brett really did a number on Rockstar. That was quite a meltdown she had after the HOH competition. Thing is though, I don't like this tactic of accusing people of voting a certain way because they can't really prove they didn't. If everyone in the house did that it would be total chaos.

Wow, Sam went full dictator. I get her not wanting to have the whole house trying to work her decisions on who to put on the block but a big part of the game is HOH drama. How is she not going to play along? That's probably going to come back around to bite her.

Aw geez, not the pot banging again. I thought we got more than enough of that crap last season.

I don't think Bayleigh knew the "m" word was offensive but JC most certainly knew the "n" word is. False equivalence on his part, IMO. But then it descended into a "more offended than thou" contest. RME.

Sam's nominations. I am okay with them but not the reasons she used. Is this somehow about their friendships with  Fessy? Is she "punishing" them?

I think Tyler is the only one I want to win. He is playing a great game, but not in an asshat way.  

Yeah, I'm leaning that way too. I'm done with Sam and her misogny masquerading as women's empowerment. However, I also don't like that the fix might've been in for Tyler from the jump.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Ok, Bayleigh is infuriating. I have had that exact conversation with people, where I've tried to explain how offensive the M word is. Did she honestly not see that she was using the M word in the exact same way that JC was using the N word?  JC was trying to explain how offensive that word is by comparing it to the most offensive word she could be called. Simply saying either word is offensive...except when Bayleigh says it apparently. That entire conversation was so frustrating to watch.

The M word and the N word are not equivalent.  At all.  Both are offensive, but it’s naive to equate the two.  So let’s stop that line of discussion, please and thank you.   I get why Bayleigh was upset.  She was trying to explain, but he wasn’t interested in understanding during the argument.    At the same time she was stuck in her own trauma around the word, and couldn’t accept his explanation either.   

• Love 10

I know we're all (well, okay, some if not most) of us are outraged by Sam's nomination speech but some of the feeds stuff that has been referenced in this thread could still air and probably shouldn't be in this thread to begin with. 

• Love 2

Kaitlyn acts like she's fessy's wife.

"Can I talk to you?*

" I really don't feel like it"

"I NEED to talk to you”

She leads him away, only to say, "you're really hurting my feelings. What is wrong with you?"

She had no respect for him saying no, letting him be upset, maybe talking later. What a little drama queen.

• Love 5