Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Here Comes a Stranger/I Don't Even Know His Name

• Start Topic

I haven't gotten through this yet. My DVR was imploding from too much MAFS in one night.

Seems to me they're hiring D level actors this season; time's are tough even on Tinder.

MAFS could be grooming a new Jamie with Danielle, right down to the annoying voice & scary eyelashes.

• Love 8

I do not like Ambers looks.  I said before that is a real thing in Dallas area.  So are the "farm/ranch" weddings.  I personally dont like them  it is always hot both during wedding and reception.  ( the reception is usually in a highly decorated barn.

I do appreciate that Amber washed all her makeup off before they retired to bed.  I dont think the other girls did that

• Love 2
On 7/10/2018 at 10:33 PM, Koalagirl said:

I think Bobby is too much of a mama’s boy.  That could torpedo the marriage.

Right? What adult male needs his mother to coach him seconds before his bride walks down the aisle, "Tell her she looks beautiful, now!"

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, stuckin60s said:

that is a real thing in Dallas area.  So are the "farm/ranch" weddings.  I personally dont like them  it is always hot both during wedding and reception.  ( the reception is usually in a highly decorated barn.

What struck me was the very, very sad-looking set-up where the bride and groom (all of them, I think) went immediately after walking down the aisle, to have their champagne and their awkward get-acquainted chat.  It was just one little isolated table, away from anything else, with barely any decorations.

38 minutes ago, stuckin60s said:

I do appreciate that Amber washed all her makeup off before they retired to bed.  I dont think the other girls did that

The thing I noticed is what all the girls were wearing to bed.  All three of them were wearing sporty-looking things, none of which were cute/feminine/flirty for the wedding-night.

17 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Mia.  Oh boy.  She seems very needy to me. 

Mia seems like the kind of person who may be more focused on an idealized concept of a wedding and marriage, rather than the reality.  She said something about how the wedding "made a little girl's dream come true" and also something about "waiting for your future prince".  This was different from Danielle, who said something about how the wedding was something she "never even dreamed about", which said to me that she was taking the wedding for what it was in reality not in some long-held fantasy.

There was also a confusing editing-monkey/Franken-biting quote from Amber, where she said "I want a husband because" and then it was spliced together with "I'm the kind of person that really needs structure".  From her clips, she did appear to have a very structured life (not throwing shade, I get it and it works for her), but the quote made it seem like she needs a husband in order to gain needed structure.

One thing I did not like, which I don't remember noticing as obviously before, was how when the vows were being said, they did a lot of fairly rapid intercutting between the groom saying one word or a few words, and then intercutting to the bride saying her version of the same things.  It didn't allow for any continuity of expression or getting a sense of the moment. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

She needs a serious makeover.  A cute bob and darker blonde hair.  Lighter on the makeup and eyeliner.  Nobody has that look anymore, except a stripper.  Her friends looked stylish from what I saw of them.

I think we need to take regional "style" into account here. From what I've read and heard, it's not unusual in Texas for women to be "big"- as in big hair, big white teeth, lots of makeup.  

As for those who commented about Mia and her religiousness conflicting with an utterance of the F-bomb... I'm not super religious but I am Christian and my objection is to using "God" or "Jesus" as an expletive.  I can use the f-word like anyone else, but I do avoid that.  There's a difference.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, LeeluDallas said:

Maybe it’s her natural face but does anyone else feel like Mia has had facial surgery/nose job/Botox and now looks like a busted Princess Jasmine? Lol ok so maybe not literally but her face seems swollen/frozen. When she was crying in her early TH there was no change in her expression. 

Other than being distracted by that and the fact that Amber is no way 36/37 and should (like people have previously said) be down the sperm bank and not getting married - this season feels even more forced. The friends and family seem to be Oohhhver-acting x10 this year smh. 

So far I feel like Bobby is a boy, playing at being a man. His false confidence is masked in bravado and the way he looks at the camera -intently with cocked eyebrows and slight smirk only bodes arrogance bred from insecurity. I have a feeling he will be much like Nick from Season 4. Time will tell if he’s OK being matched with someone in their 30s.

I would prefer to watch more ‘what happened next’ shows  like that they had for Courtney and Jason (Season 1). 90Day has that on lockdown lolz

Tristian’s basketball baller ego is as big as his head... I don’t see that deflating anytime soon.

shes had atleast her lips done. id love to see a before picture. she seems very insecure :( 

bobby i can not even look at him! he is such a little boy. and dont get me started on his clothing choices. im convinced his mom buys all of his stuff. 

• Love 5

Amber would be the "lunch shift stripper" which has the lowest tip potential than any other time of day...but loyal regulars with folded singles they would hand her so she could look them in the eyes...

Bobby Sr., Rhonda and Bobby Jr are in a Oedipal triangle.

Senior and Junior both love Rhonda, Rhonda loves Junior more and Senior knows it.

Mia "ducked" Tristan all wedding day...when he was going in for a kiss she'd tuck into his chest.

She grabbed his waist and turned her head when he wanted her to tilt her head up to kiss him...Mia probably thinks he is a past NBA (wanna be) player with multiple groupies as sex partners hence her rundown of Hepatitis possibilities A, B, C

Tristan's mom and Mia's mom both had fierce resting bitch faces...

Dave has massive insecurity about his teeth, especially his upper front teeth...they are at an angle reminiscent of a mole...he has had years of hiding it when he smiles, they are in need of orthodontia and bleaching if you are going to be a cable TV star.

Remember these names... Nell and Henry, they will be the grown ups in the relationship of their pack.

• Love 5

Here's Mia's vows...

Stranger... don't infect me with any communicable diseases you may have picked up from any nasty women in your past.

I promise to keep 10 feet away from you until all blood, sputum, semen, and cell scraping results are in and validated negative with a second lab of my choice.

10 days are not enough for any symptoms of viral diseases show positive so anticipate me to avoid you like the plague for at least a month's quarantine...

Meanwhile, we can get to know each other's heart.

We were chosen for each other by the experts for a reason and if you have a clean bill of health we can start building a beautiful life together...

• Love 10
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Here's Mia's vows...

Stranger... don't infect me with any communicable diseases you may have picked up from any nasty women in your past.

I promise to keep 10 feet away from you until all blood, sputum, semen, and cell scraping results are in and validated negative with a second lab of my choice.

10 days are not enough for any symptoms of viral diseases show positive so anticipate me to avoid you like the plague for at least a month's quarantine...

Meanwhile, we can get to know each other's heart.

We were chosen for each other by the experts for a reason and if you have a clean bill of health we can start building a beautiful life together...

When she gets out of jail, LOL.

• Love 5

Another trainwreck, and I'm down for the ride to the very end with my fellow dishers.

Let's dig in.

Tristan is such a cornball. Much like Trey--of Vanessa and Trey. I didn't appreciate the colourist comments--especially after seeing Mia's mum and his own relatives. What happens if he has a child that comes out with a rich dose of melanin? Genetics are a funny thing. This isn't like saying, "I prefer a tall woman," or "I like blondes/ginger haired women." Saying that you specifically don't want someone darker than your complexion is a problem when your mum, grandmother, etc. are all darker skinned. It should've been expanded on during the matchmaking process. Sir, you're not that attractive, and before you joke about being one biscuit shy of 350 pounds, you might want to get your man boobs and flab under control. Ol Great Value Jay-Z. 

Mia. Insecure and missing cues that dude likes her. And she's going to get detained? Umm. You work for an airline. What kind of shady stuff do you have going on, ma'am?

Amber. It's just beyond trashy to be 40--not buying that she's just 36--and still getting sloppy, hurl in a bucket wasted. She's looking for a sperm donor. End of discussion. 

Dave. He seems like a nice guy. I'm only sorry that he's getting roped into being the means to Amber's biological clock ticking stopping.

Bobby. He seems SO intense. Like Edward from Twilight type intense for no reason. Definite mummy's boy vibes and helicopter parenting--even though he's an adult.

Danielle. She's pretty and seems nice. I'm wondering what really happened with the parents. In the previews for what's to come, she mentioned that her parents argued a tonne, and she's now hypersensitive to yelling. Are the parents still married? If not, it might explain why she decided to spend her 20s traveling and avoiding commitment. There's something weird going on between her and the parental units,

I'm not banking on any of these couples lasting. It's not like MAFS' track record is that great.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I think we need to take regional "style" into account here. From what I've read and heard, it's not unusual in Texas for women to be "big"- as in big hair, big white teeth, lots of makeup.  

Eh, I don't know if I buy that. The other two brides live in Texas and don't look anything like that. Amber's mother and sister didn't look like that. Amber needs to update her style and stop living in the 90's!

• Love 7
(edited)

Anybody else think that when Amber was sitting with Dave's buddies that she probably dated or flirted with at least half the group in the past...the men were gentlemanly enough to keep their mouths shut and pretend to meet her for the first time...again....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Eh, I don't know if I buy that. The other two brides live in Texas and don't look anything like that. Amber's mother and sister didn't look like that. Amber needs to update her style and stop living in the 90's!

In my next life, I'm coming back with all those light blonde hairs swirled in the back of Danielle's head.  Well done to whoever put her together that day.  

• Love 3

Random thoughts/favorite lines:

• Mia's dress looks like a tablecloth.
  • Bobby scares me. I would not want him to "explore" me.
  • Baby hands.
  • "You're not going to marry the Uber man."
  • Amber has put her "faith in the experts." I have to ask, has she watched this show?
  • I love that a Hep C ad ran after Mia's segment listing all the heps that Tristan might have.
  • Love 10

More  Quotable quotes (shout out to Reader's Digest) from M@FS-

A biscuit off 350...

Melts your butter...

Brides' comments on the Grooms' rings-

Size 6-Baby Hands

Size 10-Football Hands

Size 11- Whoa

Tristan's replies when asked if having sex on wedding night... (we'll) watch "The Notebook' and chill and You're a bird, I'm a bird

Bobby's reply when asked what is a no go for sex...No bit in his mouth.

A Dallas Douche thinks he is awesome but he is a time waster and he stole my eggs.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 6:47 PM, bichonblitz said:
On 7/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, KateHearts said:

I agree.  I can't help but think of what Stacy and Clinton would have done with Amber.  They did over a woman from Texas once that had big hair and lots of makeup and that was outdated then, and that was years ago already.  Amber's look is still stuck in that same rut even now.  I could forgive it if it looked good on her, but it wouldn't have even looked good 20 years ago.  It gives her a hard look.  She needs color and style that softens her and makes her look less severe.  Danielle Ashley bugged me last season with bright red lipstick that with her skin tone and bleached blonde hair gave her a similar hard look.  But at least she looked better overall than Amber.

Edited by Yeah No
Because I meant Ashley, not Danielle
  • Love 2

I just need to get Amber's makeover in my head off of my chest. If she insists on blonde she needs a darker one and needs to keep up with colorist appointments to make sure her roots are the same color. The platinum blonde ages her. I'd also suggest cutting it to her shoulders and not teasing it at the roots so much, It looks wispy and dry. And the extensions are a no, especially extensions that are not blended with the rest of your hair. I could see each piece and where it was clipped in like it was 2002. Working my way down, I want her to use a beige liner on her water line to open up her eyes a bit more and use a bronze liner for her eyes and assert her youth. The colors she uses are too dark and age her. Then I'd suggest a squared oval or an almond nail with an ombre french manicure (I'm trying to compromise, I would avoid the french manicure all together). The square nails and the regular french manicure are again a remnant of the late 90s/early 00s. 

I know I seem to be going in on her and reading her down, but style cues tell me a lot. All the early 2000s remnants give me the impression that she may think her best years were her early 20s. Many people think that, so it's not unusual, but to think that and remain stuck in that style gives me pause. It also reminds me that Amber states that she keeps dating Dallas douchebags and that dynamic strikes me as something very early 20s, when most of us flock to them. 

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Danielle bugged me last season with bright red lipstick that with her skin tone and bleached blonde hair gave her a similar hard look.  But at least she looked better overall than Amber.

Danielle had dark hair.

As for regional looks, I agree that nowhere does the bleached/monotone white blonde and harsh makeup get a pass, but it seems that the look still lingers on some women I've seen from Texas.  Think Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2018 at 1:31 PM, retiredviewer said:

First I think Amber will be very high maintenance.

Second I think they should take all the singles who apply and are not accepted and have a big mixer so they have a chance to meet someone who is ready for marriage.

This is an awesome show idea!!  The non-selected would be our “placebo” group and we could get monthly updates about who is still dating.  Would be interesting if more marriages came out of that then the so called experts’ selections.

• Love 9
On 7/12/2018 at 7:28 AM, Empress1 said:

Colorism is a pretty deep-seated issue in communities of color. My maternal grandmother was dark-skinned and she and her siblings used to get teased about it intra-racially all the time. I have a (dark-skinned) Black friend married to an Indian man and they have a daughter, and they talk about what colorism looks like in BOTH the communities of color to which she belongs. I was just listening to NPR's podcast, Code Switch, and they did a segment on skin-lightening creams in the Filipino community - a woman described her naturally fair-skinned mother pushing them on her.

not about how lighter skin physically looks, like preferring brown hair over red, although I bet $5 that Tristan would respond that way if pressed. "It's a preference!" WHY it's a preference is a whole long thing about internalized racism. I highly recommend this and thought of it immediately when he said that, about how painful it was to watch these beautiful dark-skinned women talk about how they're rejected over and over because of their skin tone. 

I have a caramel-colored complexion. If I were matched with Tristan and then we watched the show and I saw him say that, we would have a LOT of talks about it.

Thank you for this thoughtful post.  

Aside from that, I like Tristan the best so far.  He seems like an optimist and quick to laugh.  I hope the editors aren’t messing with us and half way through the season he gets the jerk edit.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2018 at 1:18 PM, 2727 said:

I laughed when her face went white after she found out that she and Dave attend the same gym. She must have some kind of sleazy reputation there!

I'm also waiting for one of these couples to be familiar with or have seen each other around before the show. Amber and Dave must go to the gym at completely different times in order for a guy who's reportedly there every day never to have noticed her.

Or maybe he did notice her and wasn't interested. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:50 PM, bichonblitz said:

Wow, this is one big basket of deplorables! There is going to be so much to snark on, It's gonna be a gooooood season.

Amber, honey. Your hair. Over bleached, black roots, ratty cheap extensions, no cut, no style. I can't with that hair! I have a feeling there's going to be lots of skeletons in her closet. Her husband appears to be normal which means he will most likely turn out to be the biggest jerk of the bunch.

Danielle seems like a cold fish. Her parents were ok to me. She didn't look too happy they showed up to the wedding.  Her new hubby's mama needs to back off, though. So here you have Danielle who is not close with her parents at all and what's his name who can't let go of his. Disaster! Great match, coaches!

I automatically don't like Tristan because he said his wife had to be lighter than him. WTF? Mia not kissing. Loosen up for god's sake. You married the man. It's just a kiss. Get over yourself. 

I really don't have a problem with Tristan's comment about lighter skin. Everyone has their own things they are attracted to (or not) in another person. I think Tristan's mom is the one to watch out for tho. Saying she "didn't like it" that Mia didn't kiss him. None of her business! She just seems like she will be trouble in that marriage. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Danielle had dark hair.

As for regional looks, I agree that nowhere does the bleached/monotone white blonde and harsh makeup get a pass, but it seems that the look still lingers on some women I've seen from Texas.  Think Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

I'm in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic and we have the same look here.  I think all states and even countries where dark hair can be bleached blonde, this look exists. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:
On 7/11/2018 at 1:31 PM, retiredviewer said:

First I think Amber will be very high maintenance.

Second I think they should take all the singles who apply and are not accepted and have a big mixer so they have a chance to meet someone who is ready for marriage.

This is an awesome show idea!!  The non-selected would be our “placebo” group and we could get monthly updates about who is still dating.  Would be interesting if more marriages came out of that then the so called experts’ selections.

I've always thought this.  Why not just call the "losers" back and put them in a big room.  And remind them that they all have one thing in common......they want to get married.  So don't necessarily count someone out because you've never dated that "type" before.  Leave them alone and let them mingle and then in 6 weeks or whatever the same time period the finale is, check back with these people and see if anyone made a connection and how it's working out.  Many who they show on air that aren't selected seem like very nice people and just want to find love.  MAFS producers could squeeze out another show just on them. 

• Love 13

I would not be 100% shocked to see one of these trios get 86'd pretty early in the proceedings and Richard and (Devon?), the last couple cut, popped in as their replacement (and if Mia is in the pokey that could happen) ... they seemed to be getting a decent amount of screen time for a couple that didn't get chosen and we didn't get a REAL feeling of their being a dealbreaker as to why they were cut other than they were just the runners-up (as in Miss America should the winner be unable to complete her reign)

Danielle reminds me of another insipidly and smarmily pretty reality star I can't think of offhand ... a Bachelorette contestant maybe? I'd been thinking that one who was an also-ran over and over whose name escapes me, who was a little older than the others (I think her initials were CC)? Those sausage curls always amaze me based on what kind of maintenance that must take. My over-under is that she is absolutely an ex-pageant queen (or runner-up).

Amber is just fried. And she looks SOOOOOO familiar ... anyone done any digging to see if she's been on any RTV shows in the past?

I will voice my unpopular opinion now. I can't be mad at Tristan over his unfortunate comments and here's why: They make a REALLY big deal out of asking these contestants a mazillion questions so they can try to find couples whose loves last FOREVAHHHHHHH and they (Pastor Cal and the crew) make no secret of the fact that attraction factors largely into that, and they ask the candidates how important sex/attraction etc. is to them. If the guy has personal preferences in that area, wouldn't it be better for him to be honest about them, rather than not telling "his" truth and ending up potentially with someone that isn't his type?

I'm sure they showed only a FRACTION of those interviews on air ... that they chose to show that when they had to know it was going to piss a lot of viewers off makes me think either they don't like him or they want others not to like him or he may not be long for the show. And I thought other than that he came off as a sweet guy so I think they absolutely wanted to get in a few comments that maybe wouldn't have made "the on-air cut" if he was being portrayed as one of the guys they wanted us to root for. 

(And Mia didn't strike me as any big winner either but YMMV.)

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Danielle reminds me of another insipidly and smarmily pretty reality star I can't think of offhand ... a Bachelorette contestant maybe? I'd been thinking that one who was an also-ran over and over whose name escapes me, who was a little older than the others (I think her initials were CC)? 

I think you are thinking of Clare Crawley, who was the runner-up on Juan Pablo's season, has been on multiple Bachelor in Paradise seasons, and got engaged on Bachelor Winter Games (they have since broken up).  I noticed the resemblance to Danielle immediately.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

Or maybe he did notice her and wasn't interested. 

I really don't have a problem with Tristan's comment about lighter skin. Everyone has their own things they are attracted to (or not) in another person. I think Tristan's mom is the one to watch out for tho. Saying she "didn't like it" that Mia didn't kiss him. None of her business! She just seems like she will be trouble in that marriage. 

Both Tristan’s mom and Mia’s father need to fall back. Daddy Mia basically TOLD this grown ass man not to screw his grown ass WIFE. That is not the conversation he should have been having bc THAT is definitely none of his business.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I think you are thinking of Clare Crawley, who was the runner-up on Juan Pablo's season, has been on multiple Bachelor in Paradise seasons, and got engaged on Bachelor Winter Games (they have since broken up).  I noticed the resemblance to Danielle immediately.

THANK YOU!!!!! Gah. I couldn't stand her either. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Danielle reminds me of another insipidly and smarmily pretty reality star I can't think of offhand ... a Bachelorette contestant maybe? I'd been thinking that one who was an also-ran over and over whose name escapes me, who was a little older than the others (I think her initials were CC)? Those sausage curls always amaze me based on what kind of maintenance that must take. My over-under is that she is absolutely an ex-pageant queen (or runner-up).

3 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I was thinking Tenley Molzahn? That's who she immediately reminded me of.  But now that you mention it I see Clare too.

1 hour ago, StrongbyDefault said:

I was thinking Tenley Molzahn? That's who she immediately reminded me of.  But now that you mention it I see Clare too.

You're actually BOTH right LOL!!! I was thinking when I was watching that I was thinking of Clare ... but looking at the photos of both, it was definitely Tenley who she reminds me of!!!! TOO many years of B-ette and too many brain injuries messing up my memory! So thanks to BOTH of you guys!!!

• Love 2

I just rewatched the intros for Danielle and Bobby... not sure why they matched a woman who rescues dogs from being euthanized with a guy who shoots birds out of the sky for fun.  And his comment that he has "failed miserably" at relationships in the past- that would give me pause.  And while I am all about close families, I don't tie my grown son's bowtie, pick out his clothes ("she picks out all my clothes, why not my tux too?") or call my son a "mama's" or "daddy's" boy.  

Mia's dad and the "no sex" conversation was much too weird. I have a feeling they are going to be this season's Jon and Molly- he will turn her off because he wants to get laid, she'll get colder and more weird and distant, and it will end badly.  Hopefully Tristan has more powerful anti-perspirant than Jon did.

I found an article that showed a picture of Amber as a brunette- much more flattering.

• Love 8

Lordy, here we go again! I am ashamed to say I've missed this show. Impressions from the Glitterpussy household:

Tristan/Mia:  Tristan seems nice but I do not find him attractive. When he took off his shirt-yikes. Am I the only one who got a ping on the gaydar?  Like a pray away the gay type? Get me a wife so I can PROVE I'm NOT GAY?? Maybe just me...Mia's cute, but she's got walls up so we'll see how that goes. I like her best of all the girls, although the whole G_O_D on the wall was a bit much. I'm surprised so many super religious people go on this show, really.

Bobby/Danielle: Bobby gives me a mama's boy vibe in a Psycho (the movie) way. My first comment when I saw him was, he looks like a guy who hits. Hope I'm wrong, it was a gut reaction.  Then he said he had "failed miserably at every relationship." RED FLAG. Danielle seems sweet but man, her eyes are close together. She seems like another one looking for a "fairy tale" and a  "southern gentlemen" but has no clue how to really have a relationship. I felt bad for her about her family--they were really shitty to her. Her wedding hair was amazing.

Dave/Amber: Amber, girl, stop with the bleach. Your hair is fried! I actually think she'd look better as a brunette. She's got the baby fever. Like others said above, just get a sperm donor already. Dave is not cute to me, but not hideous. I find it odd that he has this big friend group but can't meet anyone. I bet they are extremely hard on Amber. Otherwise, he seems fairly boring and blah. Amber seems super sexual and slutty (not saying that's bad)  and she's throwing up in a bucket ( that's bad) so I feel like she may be too much for him. What do they have in common--they both work out?

• Love 9
(edited)

Fellow MAFS viewers: Forgive me if this question has already been answered, but does anyone know if there will there be “Bride and Doom” podcasts this season?  They were the best part of my dull Wednesday morning commutes last season!

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Fellow MAFS viewers: Forgive me if this question has already been answered, but does anyone know if there will there be “Bride and Doom” podcasts this season? They were the best part of my dull Wednesday morning commutes last season!

@Tara Ariano was live tweeting during the show under the Bride and Doom account, but I heard there won't be any podcasts this season. They were my favorite thing and I'm pretty bummed!

Edited by 2727
  • Love 2

Bobby looks like a serial killer to me. Or a potential one. And a momma’s boy. I love that so many of the participants are dog/cat people. The lady with platinum blonde hair should not be picking such an exposed dress...she has a badly sun damaged skin. My fave is the one with the rescue doggies! (Admin, if you see my post as a new topic, please delete that. I did it by accident and don’t know how to remove it. I meant to write here)

47 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Tara was live tweeting during the show under the Bride and Doom account, but I heard there won't be any podcasts this season. They were my favorite thing and I'm pretty bummed!

Whaaaat?? Why no podcasts? I loved those more than the show

• Love 1
10 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

Definitely Tenley more so than Claire.  Claire is gorgeous, imo. I did love Danielle"s wedding day hairstyle, though.

• Love 3

I just figured out who Amber reminds me. Remember the movie Just Married with Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy? Remember the chick he met at a bar who left her red leather bra in their honeymoon suite? Yup, her. Take away that character's chunky highlights, replace them with Amber's platinum blonde fried and dyed locks, and voila! And I agree with those who said she should let the extensions go. At least go for the good stuff like Russian lengths or microlinks and quality hair. The platinum look is so stripper-esque circa early 2000 or maybe even 1990s.

I'm often amazed that they claim they have thousands or tens of thousands of applicants, and the ones we see are the best. Yet, somehow. 95% of these relationships tank and these people have serious issues. I still say they need to do it like Big Brother style. Live and unfiltered. I guarantee we'd see something then. You can fake it when a camera crew is only around a few hours out of the day. It's another ballgame when it's live, and you can't get the good or favourable edit. 

I'd still love to see the American version embrace more mature couples--like in their 40s or 50s. The Australian version is has featured 20s, 30s, 40s, and even 50s. At 25, have you really exhausted all your options? I'm oft amazed when these 20-somethings carry on like they've tried their absolute all, travelled to every country, and still came up empty. Meanwhile, they only date in the same circle, slide in DMs, and hook up with people at their local gym. I can buy that you're sometimes drawn to the wrong type, but maybe you need to be more open minded and try a different type of person? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I feel like that's what's happened with a tonne of these people. Drawn to the same types based on their preferences and it never leads to anything.

• Love 8
On 7/11/2018 at 2:50 PM, NowVoyager said:

Hm... You don't get detained at an airport for not having a passport; they just don't let you on the flight. 

Mr. NobodyDarkerThanMe said they were held up in customs. That's like: have you been on a farm recently? Do you have any fruits/veg? Are you carrying large amounts of cash? Do you have any alcohol, tobacco or drugs?

Based on Mia's loopy behavior at the wedding, I'm going with the last one.

Just LOVE your Bette Davis pic.  Is that her?  That hat !

• Love 1

Amber reminds me of a VERY low rent Jenny McCarthy. If you are still partying til you puke at 40 plus and hooking up with randoms at ur gym you are not ready to be married. The grooms are all ugly imo. Dave coukd be attractive but his teeth ruin his looks. Bobby is too little boyish, and looked ridiculous with that dumb bow tie. Why in the heck did Mia want to get married to a stranger but freaks about kissing one? Though Tristan is not cute at all so I don't blame her. Bobby's creepy parents talk about him like he's ten. Who says their adult son is a daddys boy? Does he still climb into mommy and daddys bed when it storms and he's scared too? I don't see any of these sham marriages working out. As others have mentioned a dog rescuer is not going to like how someone who uses dogs as a hunting tool treats those dogs. They are normally kept outside in cages and treated like property and if they don't perform or misbehave they can be severely punished. The dogs aren't cherished pets or like family. Stupid match 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Definitely Tenley more so than Claire.  Claire is gorgeous, imo. I did love Danielle"s wedding day hairstyle, though.

During the wedding ceremony itself, all I saw was Clare.  Now that I'm looking at other pictures, all I'm seeing is Tenley!

• Love 2
On 7/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, LuvMyShows said:

The things the girls wore to bed.

I agree with you.  I have noticed that they all wear the same sporty things.  If you can’t wear a cute little frilly outfit ( not too revealing) to bed with your husband, where then can you wear one?  Or a pretty silk nite gown.  Are they shy?  But not shy enough to wear street clothes with their boobs and butts out for the world to see.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I'll take the other side of jammies...

At this point in the show the cast and camera and production crews are just getting to know each other.

The women don't wear want to wear sexy peignoirs and kitten heels for the cameras, preferring athleisurewear....

Maybe they change into corsets and strap bustiers when the crew leaves but in the early throes of the show maybe flag board shorts is what is comfortable....

Shawniece wore cuter bedwear. Sam wore footed jammies.

Waiting for a cast member who will go commando from the get go....Jon had the potential to be the first to sleep in the buff... if he hadn't repulse Molly from the get go.

Glad it is none of these cast members want to be naked for the audience......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Sam wore footed jammies.

Neil wore the footy jammies - Sam was appalled & IIRC so began the abuse of Neil full swing.

Dave actually took Amber's dress off -behind the screen at least.

• Love 1