Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Here Comes a Stranger/I Don't Even Know His Name

• Start Topic

Here we go. I hate watch this show. I only watched the last ten minutes of the episode 00 so I don't have an opinion of the couples yet. But why does everyone always act surprised when they  are told they are getting married in two weeks? You signed up for this show, duh! 

• Love 14
On 6/28/2018 at 11:00 PM, Gobears said:

Based on Danielle and Bobby's body language, it does not look good for them. They remind me of Jon and Molly for some reason...

Bobby is already not into this.  Maybe he applied on a bet with his friends.  I don't get the sense that they will make it through the season.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Calling it now: Dave is going to be disappointed with Amber’s harsh, manly looks. 

She looks older than 35/36.  Are those all extensions?

• Love 14
(edited)
12 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Bobby is already not into this.  Maybe he applied on a bet with his friends.  I don't get the sense that they will make it through the season.

Bobby has about three years left with his hair, so that’s why I think he signed up for this show. He’s locking down a wife before he goes bald.

ETA:  And Danielle started talking about starting a family while she was picking out a dress,  so there goes the reason for Bobby’s dealbreaker right out the window!  Bad job, experts!

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 9

“!

12 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

He wanted a younger girl, so they give him an older one.  WTF?

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Yep. And it looks like she’s got extensions on top of extensions. 

I’d love to see his face when she takes them out the first time.  Lol.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Yep. And it looks like she’s got extensions on top of extensions. 

Her dark black roots are what  stand out for me.  During ring shopping they’re really obvious but then talking head they’re gone.  That platinum blonde she’s bleaching her hair to is not doing her any favors.

• Love 16

I really liked the African-American couple who they cut!!  I really like Danielle and Amber.  Mia is ok.   Strangely, the only couple I have good vibes about right now is Mia & Tristan (I love him!)

PS- Are any of you watching The Seven Year Switch next week?

• Love 4
(edited)

Mia, way to put zero effort into those vows. 

ETA:  OK I really like the way Tristan and Mia interact. Tristan seems like a really thoughtful person.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 6

Bobby annoys me but I'm not sure why.  Danielle is WAY too pretty for him and I'll bet a lot of money she wouldn't even look at him IRL but I can sort of see Danielle and Dave IRL, I can picture Tristan and Mia for sure. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Calling it now: Dave is going to be disappointed with Amber’s harsh, manly looks. 

But he isn’t really that cute either so....

Where I think it may go wrong is her talking about having a baby more than being married. It bothers ME and I’m not even involved.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Bobby annoys me but I'm not sure why.  

Same!  My instincts are telling me that he’s one of those guys that seems really sweet and down to earth and nonthreatening at first, but once he lets his guard down he’ll be an ass. He is handsome ...and he knows it. 

• Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Same!  My instincts are telling me that he’s one of those guys that seems really sweet and down to earth and nonthreatening at first, but once he lets his guard down he’ll be an ass. He is handsome ...and he knows it. 

I don't think he thinks that he's handsome necessarily but I think that he takes himself very seriously and will be controlling by wanting things a certain way because of the logic behind it like she'll want to dance in the rain but he's giving the health reasons why he can't and she shouldn't. 

Mia is like the guy from last season who couldn't let go and kept saying "but she's a stranger!"

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 9
(edited)

First impressions: I guess I’m in the minority here but I think Bobby is cute and seems nice and so far like him and Danielle together. High possibility of him being a Mama’s boy tho.

mia seems a little neurotic. She wouldn’t kiss Tristan because he might be diseased...what? I like Tristan.

I think Erika just wants to be married because the clock is ticking and she wants babies. Dave seems dull. 

Edited to add: I just saw the season previews...yeah, train wreck, all of them. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 5

Tristan/Mia: I was extremely put off when he told the experts that he didn't want a woman who was darker than he is. So he's on my shit list and it's unlikely that he'll ever get off of it. Mia is out of his league.

Bobby/Danielle: He's a bit of a nerd, she has really beautiful eyes.

Dave/Amber: She said during the previews that this is "someone to have a baby with." She reminds me of Ashley Petta from whenever that was. Both are a little older and if I had to put money on a couple making it, it would be them.

• Love 17

Bobby looks like John Boy from the Waltons. Tristan looks like Jay Z, but they should have eliminated him based on his skin color comments. Dave is attractive, Amber and Danielle both have a harsh look to me. I think they could have found better couples but I have to give it a chance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I’m very confused about all the comments Mia was making about Tristan having diseases.  Wasn’t *she* asked about STDs before she was signed to be on the show?? I thought reality show dating/marriage cast members had to have all sorts of STD tests before they would be put on the shows.  I also heard that was one of the reasons dating shows and marriage shows cast such young people: by the time people are in their 30s, they’ve been exposed to too many STDs.

• Love 8

What’s with Mia’s Father telling Tristen not to have sex so soon in the marriage?  Is that a custom of theirs?

My husband said NONE will make it.  That, coming from a guy.  We’ll see.

• Love 8

Tonight the experts said their reputations rest on their selections so I'll drink to that ship sinking!

I chose Danielle of the audience.  She looks like last year's frigid one Molly!  Danielle has a strange relationship with her parents doncha think.  Strange.

Bobby and his mother should get married!  That alter hug and kiss...geeez.  Then there's her voice!

Mia is just so full of doubts I wonder why the experts picked her?  Yes Tristan made the color remark but I bet his families more disappointed then us!  Geez.

Amber and Dave.  She looks like she's been around the block.  She looks older and kind of tough looking!  Something's wrong with Dave's teeth.  I'm watching them!

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Tonight the experts said their reputations rest on their selections so I'll drink to that ship sinking!

I chose Danielle of the audience.  She looks like last year's frigid one Molly!  Danielle has a strange relationship with her parents doncha think.  Strange.

Bobby and his mother should get married!  That alter hug and kiss...geeez.  Then there's her voice!

Mia is just so full of doubts I wonder why the experts picked her?  Yes Tristan made the color remark but I bet his families more disappointed then us!  Geez.

Amber and Dave.  She looks like she's been around the block.  She looks older and kind of tough looking!  Something's wrong with Dave's teeth.  I'm watching them!

OMG .. You are too funny .. LMAO.   Bobby and the mother should get married, hahahaha.  He looks like he will have a temper.  Danielle looks like she will kick his ass.

• Love 10

danielle kept saying she wanted a southern gentleman, I think she is rebelling from her liberal parents and wants a conservative husband until she finds out what that means. 

STDs I think one year they did not have time to test the men and one guy infected his "wife'. Maybe gangster Ryan in season 2? 

• Love 7

I kept thinking that Amber should have gone to a sperm bank. Everything she mentioned about wanting to be married involved wanting a baby. And I'm not faulting her for that - biology is real. But I kept thinking that a better leap of faith for her would be "have the baby solo and hope the man comes, and if not at least I have the child I wanted." I've seen that line of thinking work out more often than "have a baby with some dude I barely know" or ... any of the matches on this show. I know a woman who went to a sperm bank at 35 and had a son on her own, and then a few years later she met her now-husband and had another child. I also know a woman who is due next month who is having a baby with her best friend since high school, who is gay (they did not conceive naturally).

I also kept thinking that she needs to take out her extensions and ditch the bleach immediately - they're so cheap-looking. And I liked the first dress she tried on more than the one she chose. Just from first impressions, I can see why she ends up with "douchey" bro-ish types.

I didn't like Mia's dress at all but I loved her sister's. I also didn't like Tristan's "no dark-skinned women" comment - colorism is not cool. I liked him a lot before he said that.

I wonder if Danielle really wants a Southern gentleman or if she wants to rebel against her "liberal" parents. Bobby definitely seems very Southern.

• Love 19
(edited)
15 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Bobby annoys me but I'm not sure why.   

Same here!  I can't figure out if he reminds me of someone I don't like or if it's something else.  Hopefully he will turn out to be a good guy. 

Amber appears to be trainwreck city.  Had to laugh at her throwing up in a bucket at her bachelorette! 

Tristan, Tristan, Tristan.  WHY did he have to say that skin color remark on camera?!?!  That will come back to haunt him, it already is here on the forum.  The experts have asked in the past if marrying a different race was an issue, so I guess this is kind of the same thing, but it just came off R-E-A-L-L-Y  B-A-D.

Edited by suzeecat
Correction
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Mia appears to be trainwreck city.  Had to laugh at her throwing up in a bucket at her bachelorette! 

That was Amber.  Who I still thinks wayyyy older than her 36 years claim.

If Marsha Brady and a few seasons ago Danielle had a baby, it would be this seasons Danielle.  Here's hoping she sees her brows on TV and realizes they are WAY too dark.

• Love 4

Big alert for me on Mia! Did anybody notice how she was all about her religion and how her "faith in god" was her first priority?  Then she dropped an F bomb! Anybody hear that?

6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Bobby seems very intense. Hopefully he loosens up because I like him and Danielle together, though.

I don't find Tristan attractive. The fact that some of you are comparing him to Jay-Z confirms my opinion.

I am with you on Tristan, sorry but I do not see any good looks there. 

55 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Same here!  I can't figure out if he reminds me of someone I don't like or if it's something else.  Hopefully he will turn out to be a good guy. 

Mia appears to be trainwreck city.  Had to laugh at her throwing up in a bucket at her bachelorette! 

Tristan, Tristan, Tristan.  WHY did he have to say that skin color remark on camera?!?!  That will come back to haunt him, it already is here on the forum.  The experts have asked in the past if marrying a different race was an issue, so I guess this is kind of the same thing, but it just came off R-E-A-L-L-Y  B-A-D.

SO far I like Bobby better than anybody else on the show. I think he's level headed and kind. I could be wrong. However the fact that he requested somebody younger than him makes me worry he may have some playboy in him yet. 

33 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

If Marsha Brady and a few seasons ago Danielle had a baby, it would be this seasons Danielle.  Here's hoping she sees her brows on TV and realizes they are WAY too dark.

Amber is pushing 40 a lot closer than she claims to be. 

The previews of next week where Mia is detained at the airport? What the?? 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Wow, was trying hard not to mention them but yes!  Danielle looked beautiful at her wedding but the rest of the time, I thought was a little scary.  She has ear to ear brows, Amber has an ear to ear mouth and Mia has no neck, just a head on a chest, or so it seems since she's always looking down.  I saw Jay Z, and John Boy Walton and Dave.  I liked Dave's grey tux better than Bobby's PeeWee Herman two tone bow tie his mommy picked and better than Tristan's blue number.  

• Love 15

It's going to be an interesting season.  But IMO, I think none of them are going to stay together.  Mia and Tristan, not a chance.  With her getting detained at the airport, and then Tristan saying something about her lying.  Bobby and Danielle are doomed.  From the preview of him yelling and it seems like she comes from a pacifist family, not going to work.  And then Amber and Dave.  I think they had a chance, but then the preview with her walking out during their decisions, doesn't look good.  I hope I am wrong.  I think the experts should use those 200 they narrowed it down to and set them up on dates instead.

• Love 3

This this this this this ^^^^^!!!  "Baby madness", a.k.a. biological clock is the WORST reason to get married.  I know at least three people who didn't want to be single moms so they made bad choices -- and ended up single moms, but now they had to spend 18 years at war with their child's father.  Rather than marry a stranger, you might as well just get a stranger's sperm and avoid the complication.

• Love 17
(edited)
3 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

Big alert for me on Mia! Did anybody notice how she was all about her religion and how her "faith in god" was her first priority?  Then she dropped an F bomb! Anybody hear that?

I am with you on Tristan, sorry but I do not see any good looks there. 

SO far I like Bobby better than anybody else on the show. I think he's level headed and kind. I could be wrong. However the fact that he requested somebody younger than him makes me worry he may have some playboy in him yet. 

Amber is pushing 40 a lot closer than she claims to be. 

The previews of next week where Mia is detained at the airport? What the?? 

Edited by mlc358
I noticed!!! Your post is spot on.
  • Love 1

Is it just me or did the ages of these people keep changing? I thought Amber said she was 37 but her caption said 36. Same with Bobby. He said he was 26 but his showed 27 sometimes. It was driving me nuts. 

Anyway, I feel like Tristan is going to act too much like a player for Mia’s liking. The comment he made about hoping his wife wouldnt be “a biscuit short of 350” wasn’t great. He seems to be rather concerned with the physical aspect and not so much with everything else. She didn’t even kiss him yet he’s still speculating whether they will consummate the marriage. Dumb. 

I was surpised that Danielle was attracted to Bobby. He just seemed wimpy and she seems very independent. 

As the previous posters have said, Amber just has babies on the brain but at least she got matched with someone her own age who feels ready for kids sooner rather than later. Her hair is terrible and detracts from her looks. All I see when I look at her is a bleached out mess of yarn. 

• Love 17

Lifetime was having troubles with the title cards and subtitles. Wasn't just the ages, I noticed when Dave and Amber were dancing, both uttered something about it being awkward. Lifetime subtitled those, spelling awkward correctly the first time, then misspelling it 'akward' the second time, seconds later. Slackers.

• Love 10
(edited)

Was there a mismatch in religiousness between Amber and Dave? I thought he was the one who said he didn't want a zealot on either side and definitely not an atheist, but Amber kind of shrugged religion off in that "I'm spiritual" way.

Nice that the experts called Bobby to verify that breaking one of his deal breakers was okay, but did they also check with Danielle to see if she'd be hunky-dory with a younger guy? Bobby isn't nearly as mature a 27-year-old as he thinks he is, being all "wifed up" notwithstanding.

I'll be interested to see if animal lover Danielle has a problem with Bobby's love of hunting.

Seems like Mia's going to be the one we bang the "why did she go on this show" drum for all season. Can't wait to see what she lied about. Hmm.

I was trying to think if wanting someone with a lighter skin color than you is better or worse than rejecting anyone with freckles ...

Edited by 2727
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Is it just me or did the ages of these people keep changing? I thought Amber said she was 37 but her caption said 36. Same with Bobby. He said he was 26 but his showed 27 sometimes. It was driving me nuts. 

Anyway, I feel like Tristan is going to act too much like a player for Mia’s liking. The comment he made about hoping his wife wouldnt be “a biscuit short of 350” wasn’t great. He seems to be rather concerned with the physical aspect and not so much with everything else. She didn’t even kiss him yet he’s still speculating whether they will consummate the marriage. Dumb. 

I was surpised that Danielle was attracted to Bobby. He just seemed wimpy and she seems very independent. 

As the previous posters have said, Amber just has babies on the brain but at least she got matched with someone her own age who feels ready for kids sooner rather than later. Her hair is terrible and detracts from her looks. All I see when I look at her is a bleached out mess of yarn. 

Amber could be a pretty lady but her look right now screams day stripper at a truck stop.

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Mia detained at the airport...she works for Southwest.. this stuff writes itself....

Right, I forgot.  What else could it be?  She can’t be flying standby;  the show pays for the trip.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Was there a mismatch in religiousness between Amber and Dave? I thought he was the one who said he didn't want a zealot on either side and definitely not an atheist, but Amber kind of shrugged religion off in that "I'm spiritual" way.

Nice that the experts called Bobby to verify that breaking one of his deal breakers was okay, but did they also check with Danielle to see if she'd be hunky-dory with a younger guy? Bobby isn't nearly as mature a 27-year-old as he thinks he is, being all "wifed up" notwithstanding.

I'll be interested to see if animal lover Danielle has a problem with Bobby's love of hunting.

Seems like Mia's going to be the one we bang the "why did she go on this show" drum for all season. Can't wait to see what she lied about. Hmm.

I was trying to think if wanting someone with a light skin color than you is better or worse than rejecting anyone with freckles ...

I think it is an awful lot of pickyness for people who have to go on a shitty reality show to get married.  Y’all ain’t all that.

• Love 14

The pastor said that over 43,000 people applied to be matched. 

Is it just me or do you question how these six were the best possible matches out of 43K people?

• Love 22