Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Here Comes a Stranger/I Don't Even Know His Name

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mlc358 said:

The pastor said that over 43,000 people applied to be matched. 

Is it just me or do you question how these six were the best possible matches out of 43K people?

I was going to post the same thing.  Out of all that applied, they picked this bunch?  Even last season’s were much better.  They fill out the application with answers, and get what they didn’t want.  The “experts” match people that have the same interests.  My hubs and I do not most definitely have the same interests, but are married a zillion years, and happy, go figure.  I read somewhere that last season’s couples are done.  The experts do not know everything, no matter how many degrees.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I was going to post the same thing.  Out of all that applied, they picked this bunch?  Even last season’s were much better.  They fill out the application with answers, and get what they didn’t want.  The “experts” match people that have the same interests.  My hubs and I do not most definitely have the same interests, but are married a zillion years, and happy, go figure.  I read somewhere that last season’s couples are done.  The experts do not know everything, no matter how many degrees.  

All of last seasons, even the pregnant couple?  I don’t think that their baby was due until around September. 

Not the best people... but the best story lines to be grossly manipulated for our entertainment...

What do you get when you match a dog lover who fosters strays with a man who gets visceral pleasure from blasting wild ducks mid flight out of the sky not because he needs the ducks to eat but he considers it a sport... TV gold...

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She just has a kind of trashy air about her. It may be why she wasn't attracting the kind of guys she wanted.

I laughed when her face went white after she found out that she and Dave attend the same gym. She must have some kind of sleazy reputation there!

I'm also waiting for one of these couples to be familiar with or have seen each other around before the show. Amber and Dave must go to the gym at completely different times in order for a guy who's reportedly there every day never to have noticed her.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 15

I bet that the 43K that the pastor is referring to includes all of the seasons and all of the MAFS’s in other countries too.  There’s no way that they could land on the couples that they have picked each season if the selection pool was that large. Their success rate is horrible. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mlc358 said:

All of last seasons, even the pregnant couple?  I don’t think that their baby was due until around September. 

I read that Shawnice is pregnant now, but they will get a divorce after the baby comes.  Who knows?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Not the best people... but the best story lines to be grossly manipulated for our entertainment...

What do you get when you match a dog lover who fosters strays with a man who gets visceral pleasure from blasting wild ducks mid flight out of the sky not because he needs the ducks to eat but he considers it a sport... TV gold...

LOL

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And I liked the first dress she tried on more than the one she chose.

Me too.  She looked sleek and elegant in the first dress.  In the one she chose, where it puffed out made her look huge, and the high waist chopped up her torso.

54 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Anyway, I feel like Tristan is going to act too much like a player for Mia’s liking. The comment he made about hoping his wife wouldnt be “a biscuit short of 350” wasn’t great. He seems to be rather concerned with the physical aspect and not so much with everything else. She didn’t even kiss him yet he’s still speculating whether they will consummate the marriage. Dumb. 

Yeah...no.

59 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

I was surpised that Danielle was attracted to Bobby. He just seemed wimpy and she seems very independent. 

Bobby looks and seems like a grown-up version of a little boy, not a man.

59 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

As the previous posters have said, Amber just has babies on the brain but at least she got matched with someone her own age who feels ready for kids sooner rather than later. Her hair is terrible and detracts from her looks. All I see when I look at her is a bleached out mess of yarn

Very accurate!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Anyway, I feel like Tristan is going to act too much like a player for Mia’s liking. The comment he made about hoping his wife wouldnt be “a biscuit short of 350” wasn’t great. He seems to be rather concerned with the physical aspect and not so much with everything else. She didn’t even kiss him yet he’s still speculating whether they will consummate the marriage. Dumb.

Then someone needs to break the news to Tristan that he looks like Jay Z (without the money) and he needs to be less picky about looks.  Tristan could seriously be Blue Ivy’s dad.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, mlc358 said:

Is it just me or do you question how these six were the best possible matches out of 43K people?

And that’s 43,000 people who have never seen any of the past seasons so they would know how incompetent the experts are at putting together compatible matches.

• Love 5

Yes the way Amber panicked about her old gym hookup sharing details with Dave waved some red flags to me. That, along with her baby fever, and her seemingly hard partying ways in her mid (late) 30s added more flags to the flag line. Dave seems okay so far. I can’t really tell yet. 

Mia is an odd one. Praises Jesus one moment and mutters f### the next. Wants to marry a stranger but won’t give him a peck at the altar. She also drones on a lot about not being hot enough for Tristan but doesn’t notice when he’s expressing his interest. Tristan, I just don’t know. He talks a good game but seems looks obsessed. (The lighter comment and the stupid biscuit joke.) I’m not sure they mesh. 

Danielle is bland at this point. Simply unobjectionable, but I’m sure that will change or be edited to look that way. Bobby Jr. bugs me. I can’t say exactly why but he does. Mama Bobby seems intense and the fact that Bobby Sr. said little Bobby is a daddy’s boy made me wonder if mama and daddy fought over the unexceptional lad. The boy also looks and often acts closer to 21 than 26-27. 

Still, with all the losers, and production manipulation, I’m in for the long haul. I lived in Dallas for a brief time, but that’s just an excuse. I’d watch this dreck regarding. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

And she's too old to be drinking until she throws up. She just has a kind of trashy air about her. It may be why she wasn't attracting the kind of guys she wanted. Her husband seems like a decent guy though.

She needs a serious makeover.  A cute bob and darker blonde hair.  Lighter on the makeup and eyeliner.  Nobody has that look anymore, except a stripper.  Her friends looked stylish from what I saw of them.

• Love 19
(edited)

Wow, this is one big basket of deplorables! There is going to be so much to snark on, It's gonna be a gooooood season.

Amber, honey. Your hair. Over bleached, black roots, ratty cheap extensions, no cut, no style. I can't with that hair! I have a feeling there's going to be lots of skeletons in her closet. Her husband appears to be normal which means he will most likely turn out to be the biggest jerk of the bunch.

Danielle seems like a cold fish. Her parents were ok to me. She didn't look too happy they showed up to the wedding.  Her new hubby's mama needs to back off, though. So here you have Danielle who is not close with her parents at all and what's his name who can't let go of his. Disaster! Great match, coaches!

I automatically don't like Tristan because he said his wife had to be lighter than him. WTF? Mia not kissing. Loosen up for god's sake. You married the man. It's just a kiss. Get over yourself. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Mia is detained at the airport.  Maybe no passport?  What else could it be?

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Mia detained at the airport...she works for Southwest.. this stuff writes itself....

Hm... You don't get detained at an airport for not having a passport; they just don't let you on the flight. 

Mr. NobodyDarkerThanMe said they were held up in customs. That's like: have you been on a farm recently? Do you have any fruits/veg? Are you carrying large amounts of cash? Do you have any alcohol, tobacco or drugs?

Based on Mia's loopy behavior at the wedding, I'm going with the last one.

• Love 7

Until recently I lived in Dallas.  The dark roots with bleached hair is a true style there.  Check out how dark her sisters hair is.

Amber looks older, could be all the tanning beds.  I do like Dave.  Could be they saw each other in the gym and did not see them as someone they would approach.

Mia - she is acting like she is a virgin.  I hope you father doesn't think she is.  I (this is not nice ) think she has horrible poster.  I agree with someone above, she looks like she has no neck.  Her dress was pretty but not for her.

they are trying hard to make Bobby into a mamas by.  Hopefully that is producer direction  Danielle may see her eyebrows in the daily films and lighten them up.

Looks like the producers will have a lot of personalities to play with

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Hm... You don't get detained at an airport for not having a passport; they just don't let you on the flight. 

Mr. NobodyDarkerThanMe said they were held up in customs. That's like: have you been on a farm recently? Do you have any fruits/veg? Are you carrying large amounts of cash? Do you have any alcohol, tobacco or drugs?

Based on Mia's loopy behavior at the wedding, I'm going with the last one.

Ooooh .. good one.  Lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

And I’m guessing his idea of dog discipline will be markedly different from hers...Generalizing a great deal from the people I know who hunt with dogs; they tend to be treated less like family members (never would be allowed up on the bed like her dog) and more strictly. I think he seems a little controlling/ocd-ish to me.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden said:

And I’m guessing his idea of dog discipline will be markedly different from hers...Generalizing a great deal from the people I know who hunt with dogs; they tend to be treated less like family members (never would be allowed up on the bed like her dog) and more strictly. I think he seems a little controlling/ocd-ish to me.

Well I guess that was why he was yelling in the previews .. at the dogs.  She should dump him.  So, what did Pepper think when she saw the ducks in the refrig?  I’ll bet Danielle is for gun control.  Trouble ahead.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG .. You are too funny .. LMAO.   Bobby and the mother should get married, hahahaha.  He looks like he will have a temper.  Danielle looks like she will kick his ass.

This 100000% times.  One of those calm, logical, very particular guys who won't be flexible.  After trying to school Danielle on nothing important but she won't see it his way or do it his way, watchout.    

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, retiredviewer said:

Second I think they should take all the singles who apply and are not accepted and have a big mixer so they have a chance to meet someone who is ready for marriage.

And film it! Fourth Chances.

I'd watch it if only to see whether the African-American casting special couple the experts axed would hit it off.

The rejected "no freckles" guy looked like David Norton's little brother. Now there's your deal breaker.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, retiredviewer said:

Second I think they should take all the singles who apply and are not accepted and have a big mixer so they have a chance to meet someone who is ready for marriage.

I like that idea! I’d say do it off camera and give the people an actual chance to mingle with others who are interested in relationships. However I wonder if those parameters were set if more than 50-75% of the folks would bail. Not that I’m saying most of these guys are fourth tier fame whores or anything, but their instagram won’t get to be full of diet teas and meal kit ads without their tv true love affair.  

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am dying to know what Danielle’s “values” are that made her move to Texas.

I felt bad for Danielle when she told her parents  they found a man for her.  Her mom doesn't look like the warmest and fuzziest one in the group.   

• Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I felt bad for Danielle when she told her parents  they found a man for her.  Her mom doesn't look like the warmest and fuzziest one in the group.   

It’s about how all the family reacts with the fact that the person is going to marry a stranger added with the fact that they aren’t close and that seems to be on her end.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
Just now, 2727 said:

I'm wondering if Danielle's references to wanting "Southern values" is code for "I'm a Republican" and that's what caused the rift with her parents.

Given she said they didn’t agree because her parents were too liberal, I imagine.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, 2727 said:

I'm wondering if Danielle's references to wanting "Southern values" is code for "I'm a Republican" and that's what caused the rift with her parents.

I think she’s the one who said in the beginning she hoped her future husband wasn’t a fan of the President.  I THINK it was her, anyhow.

• Love 3

Maybe it’s her natural face but does anyone else feel like Mia has had facial surgery/nose job/Botox and now looks like a busted Princess Jasmine? Lol ok so maybe not literally but her face seems swollen/frozen. When she was crying in her early TH there was no change in her expression. 

Other than being distracted by that and the fact that Amber is no way 36/37 and should (like people have previously said) be down the sperm bank and not getting married - this season feels even more forced. The friends and family seem to be Oohhhver-acting x10 this year smh. 

So far I feel like Bobby is a boy, playing at being a man. His false confidence is masked in bravado and the way he looks at the camera -intently with cocked eyebrows and slight smirk only bodes arrogance bred from insecurity. I have a feeling he will be much like Nick from Season 4. Time will tell if he’s OK being matched with someone in their 30s.

I would prefer to watch more ‘what happened next’ shows  like that they had for Courtney and Jason (Season 1). 90Day has that on lockdown lolz

Tristian’s basketball baller ego is as big as his head... I don’t see that deflating anytime soon.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Kareem said:

Mia has no neck, just a head on a chest, or so it seems since she's always looking down.  

I already had thought that Mia reminded me of Lily (from Lily and Tom), and I just realized that it's largely because of the neck (but also because of facial features).  Mia also seems very, very, very emotional and also insecure, and IIRC Lily was quite insecure.  Tristan said something about how Mia has a "personality that shines", but I haven't seen it yet.  

6 hours ago, mlc358 said:

What makes the claim of 43,000 so ludicrous, is that in recent seasons, they've gotten contestants by actively soliciting them, like being seen in public and asked to apply for the show.  IIRC, Nate (of Sheila and Nate) came by that route.  If they were getting so many applications, there's no way they'd need to solicit.   

4 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

they are trying hard to make Bobby into a mamas by.  Hopefully that is producer direction  

The producers aren't "trying"...we've already heard it from the horse's mouth.  Isn't Bobby the one whose father said something like, "You might think Bobby is a mama's boy, but he's actually a daddy's boy."  Good god, that's even worse, that at his age, he's got his mama and his daddy wanting to make that claim!  I didn't like the put-attention-on-me move that Bobby's mom made, by going up to him during the ceremony while he was at the front waiting for his bride.  Danielle doesn't know about it, since she hadn't come into the ceremony yet, but I find that to be huuuge red flag with him that doesn't portend well for how the mom will try to usurp Danielle's role

20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Tristan looks like Jay Z

. He looks like an exact combination of Jay Z and the recently eliminated Bachelorette contestant named Wills.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ramble said:

Mama Bobby seems intense and the fact that Bobby Sr. said little Bobby is a daddy’s boy made me wonder if mama and daddy fought over the unexceptional lad.

Forgot to add that Bobby's mom said (before the wedding) that hopefully the bride thinks "her knight in shining armor has arrived".   Makes me definitely agree about this "unexceptional lad", and guess that he's been raised in a cocoon of constant praise for every little thing.

• Love 6

Dave is totally my physical type and seems like a really great guy so I hope he won't turn out to be the biggest douchewaffle in the bunch.  I do think his wedding day outfit was the best - - very classy, stylish and timeless.

Amber.  As others have said, she is doing this to have babies.  Not to get married, not to meet her soulmate or partner or best friend.  To reproduce.  I have a friend who did that - - got married because she thought her clock was ticking and she wanted children.  She got the children and a divorce.    I didn't mind Amber's chosen wedding dress over the first, more fitted one.  

Also as others have said, Amber, girl, you need to mix up your hair.  I hesitate to say "style."   She needs to either go with her natural color or more of an ashy blonde, like her mother.  The platinum blonde is too Barbie-esque, as are those extensions.  A cut just above the shoulders would really suit her.  

Has anyone else on the show been puking during/after their bachelor/bachelorette party?  This is one reason you don't have that party the night before the wedding.

I didn't see the Matchmaking Special so I knew nothing about the chosen 6.  I liked Tristan well enough but reading his comment here about his wife needing to be lighter skinned?  Ick.  I also didn't like his comment about the biscuit and 350.   His vows were nice though.  And is everyone writing their own vows a thing now?  I can't imagine writing vows to someone I had not even met.

Mia.  Oh boy.  She seems very needy to me.  Tristan is clearly into her but she kept questioning whether or not he was.  And her going on about diseases . . .huh?  If you're that freaked out about diseases, why marry someone at first sight?    I did appreciate that her wedding dress wasn't strapless because I'm over strapless wedding dresses (and I got married in one.)  Not kissing Tristan for photos just seemed . . . weird to me.  You're married to this man.  Can you not kiss him for the photo?

Bobby seems nice but young.   At least they both like dogs.  

Danielle.  I felt so, so sorry for her when she called her parents.  They clearly weren't happy.  I get that Danielle moved across country, I did the same thing.   When I got married, initially we thought about just going to the justice of the peace, something very small and just us.  My parents said no way, they would be there, no question.  That Danielle's parents didn't say that themselves was galling to me.  She didn't have a lot of emotion when her mother showed up.  And her father kind of left her hanging back when her walked her up the aisle, IMO.  

Looks like Dave and Amber and Bobby and Danielle slept together on their wedding night.  We'll see how that plays out.

Typical MAFS previews.  Heaven knows they wouldn't want us to think things are going to be smooth for anyone.  

Bobby's anger seems awful intense for someone who is only 26.  Danielle looked petrified and shell-shocked.  I'm guessing this doesn't fit into her southern gentleman expectation.

Didn't quite catch why Dave and Amber were stressing, other than Dave's shirt was wet? 

Mia detained at the airport.  Hmmmmm.  Tristan said something about Mia lying to him.  Is she a smoker like Derick of past seasons?  Was she caught trying to smuggle something?  Has she been married before and lied? 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Didn't quite catch why Dave and Amber were stressing, other than Dave's shirt was wet? 

That was beyond bizzaro. Looked like the guy was in the throws of a meltdown. Can't wait to see what that's all about. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I liked Tristan well enough but reading his comment here about his wife needing to be lighter skinned?  Ick.  I also didn't like his comment about the biscuit and 350. 

He had a few other odd comments.  One was when he said, "My prize is Mia", which at least I understand even though I find it kind of repulsive, whereas I do not understand what he meant regarding the lighter skinned thing, when he said that you want to be with someone "that melts your butter", and I don't understand what he meant when he said, "If you're a bird, I'm a bird" (I don't remember the context).

42 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Looks like Dave and Amber and Bobby and Danielle slept together on their wedding night.  We'll see how that plays out.

I had noticed that when Bobby and Danielle walked in to the reception area, to be introduced as husband and wife, they were not holding hands (the other two couples were, for their entrances), and it looked very awkward.  They were at least holding hands when they left the reception in the big sendoff.

• Love 5

Amber - If it comes out that she's really 48, I won't be surprised...at all.  The girl just wants a kid, they have a process for that.  The only reason to rope a man into marriage is to force some poor bastard to pay for it.

Dave has a good group of friends, good job (I guess being a junk bond trader still pays well).  Doesn't seem to be much wrong with him other than being on this show.  Sad that he's being used as a sperm donor/financial supporter.

Danielle - spent her 20s traveling the world and having a great time and doesn't understand why that didn't lead to a family.  Her friends have families and she's asking "what about me?"  Envy and wasted youth seem like solid foundations for marriage.

Bobby likes dogs too...bingo for the matchmakers.  That seems to be the extent of his personality.  His mom's fake surprise at his announcement was great!  Married?  I was wondering why there was a whole film crew in our house...

Tristan - not much to say about him.  I don't care that he wants a thinner, lighter woman, he's just being honest about preferences.   

Mia is likeable so far but, based on her comments, she'll be the one who won't even consider having sex until there's a "real connection" - meaning LONG after the show has ended and Tristan has lost patience and left.  If you won't even kiss your new husband, you're just not right for this show.

All of the clothing and jewelry store workers are genuinely surprised that they're marrying at first sight.  Because a film crew in their store with no explanation is literally a daily occurrence.

• Love 10
On 7/10/2018 at 10:02 PM, LilaFowler said:

Tristan/Mia: I was extremely put off when he told the experts that he didn't want a woman who was darker than he is. So he's on my shit list and it's unlikely that he'll ever get off of it. Mia is out of his league.

Bobby/Danielle: He's a bit of a nerd, she has really beautiful eyes.

Dave/Amber: She said during the previews that this is "someone to have a baby with." She reminds me of Ashley Petta from whenever that was. Both are a little older and if I had to put money on a couple making it, it would be them.

Tristan turned me off with that too. Colorism for all to see. I don’t think Mia is out of his league. She is cute but she wears clown makeup so who knows what she actually looks like. And the whole “no kissing because he might have cooties” is ridiculous. What did she think was going to happen? Blood work with a print out of results attached to the marriage certificate? FOH

• Love 12

I really don’t like the trend of them writing their own vows.  To be honest, I think very few people should write their own vows — mostly because most people are not good writers. The self written of vows I’ve heard have been absolutely cringe worthy and clumsy. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Bobby seems very intense. Hopefully he loosens up because I like him and Danielle together, though.

I don't find Tristan attractive. The fact that some of you are comparing him to Jay-Z confirms my opinion.

I find Tristan less than unattractive. I find him ugly as original sin. That color comment made him uglier. I hope I get over it because I should not be this angry with someone I do not know and whose views and preferences do not impact me.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Kareem said:

I saw Jay Z, and John Boy Walton and Dave.  

Straight on, Dave looks like Dave.  In profile he is Joel McHale :)

11 hours ago, 2727 said:

I laughed when her face went white after she found out that she and Dave attend the same gym. She must have some kind of sleazy reputation there!

I'm also waiting for one of these couples to be familiar with or have seen each other around before the show. Amber and Dave must go to the gym at completely different times in order for a guy who's reportedly there every day never to have noticed her.

Actually - any guy who goes to my gym on a daily basis could be excused for not recognizing me.  Because I'm not there that often!   :D

11 hours ago, mlc358 said:

I bet that the 43K that the pastor is referring to includes all of the seasons and all of the MAFS’s in other countries too.  There’s no way that they could land on the couples that they have picked each season if the selection pool was that large. Their success rate is horrible. 

There's an article about MAFS in another country (I think in the spoiler thread) where a guy tells all - and one thing is that he was recruited off of Tinder or some other dating site, and he said you get very far into the process ( to be "on a tv show") before you find out it is MAFS.  So my guess is that the 43K are people who expressed any type of interest at all in whatever shill was thrown at them to begin with.

• Love 7

I watched a matchmaking special but saw my DVR recorded another 3 hours of I don't know/WTF to watch.  I don't have time for all that nonsense right now.  I already don't like most of these people.  The so-called experts seem to pick the same basic types every season and then match them with the same types.  Very independent female into her career matched with laid back guy.  Hmm....where have we seen that before?  If it didn't work the last 8 times, why on earth would they think it would work NOW?  Seriously, they need new experts just for this reason alone.

Mr. "No one darker than me" is pretty light himself.  I'm very light skinned white and if I said that I'd disqualify about 98% of the world, not to mention how prejudiced it would sound.  I wish the experts would have given him a little bit of a hard time about it.  I don't completely believe this is just some sort of aesthetic thing with him.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Straight on, Dave looks like Dave.  In profile he is Joel McHale :)   ...

Hahaha.  Or Dave Coulier who comes out of the couch in that annoying commercial.  

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I watched a matchmaking special but saw my DVR recorded another 3 hours of I don't know/WTF to watch.  I don't have time for all that nonsense right now.  I already don't like most of these people.  The so-called experts seem to pick the same basic types every season and then match them with the same types.  Very independent female into her career matched with laid back guy.  Hmm....where have we seen that before?  If it didn't work the last 8 times, why on earth would they think it would work NOW?  Seriously, they need new experts just for this reason alone.

Mr. "No one darker than me" is pretty light himself.  I'm very light skinned white and if I said that I'd disqualify about 98% of the world, not to mention how prejudiced it would sound.  I wish the experts would have given him a little bit of a hard time about it.  I don't completely believe this is just some sort of aesthetic thing with him.

Pastor Cal in particular should have called him on it. Colorism is a pretty deep-seated issue in communities of color. My maternal grandmother was dark-skinned and she and her siblings used to get teased about it intra-racially all the time. I have a (dark-skinned) Black friend married to an Indian man and they have a daughter, and they talk about what colorism looks like in BOTH the communities of color to which she belongs. I was just listening to NPR's podcast, Code Switch, and they did a segment on skin-lightening creams in the Filipino community - a woman described her naturally fair-skinned mother pushing them on her.

not about how lighter skin physically looks, like preferring brown hair over red, although I bet $5 that Tristan would respond that way if pressed. "It's a preference!" WHY it's a preference is a whole long thing about internalized racism. I highly recommend this and thought of it immediately when he said that, about how painful it was to watch these beautiful dark-skinned women talk about how they're rejected over and over because of their skin tone. 

I have a caramel-colored complexion. If I were matched with Tristan and then we watched the show and I saw him say that, we would have a LOT of talks about it.

9 hours ago, 2727 said:

The production leaned pretty hard into "hoedown and hay bales" for the weddings. Did you get it? They're in TEXAS, y'all.

I had the same thought. I kept thinking about this wedding my friend/former roommate was in that was in a working barn in New England. It's a long, funny story, but it started with me asking how the wedding was when she came home and her immediately saying "Awful."

Edited by Empress1
removed hanging word
  • Love 13

Amber needs a total makeover- her over-bleached hair with dark roots, clown makeup- not a good look going on. I can already imagine how many times this season we will hear the phrase "my clock is ticking"...

Mia won't kiss her husband but signed up to marry a stranger.. sounds like she used the STD excuse because she isn't attracted to Tristan

So far Danielle and Bobby seem like they are into each other but there may be mama's boy issues coming up down the line.

• Love 5