Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, neh said:

I sense a storyline developing for next season.....

Maybe they will have to flee from the invasion of the prairie dogs.  I can just see them all throwing things in the back of a car in the dark of night while wearing hazmat suits for dramatic effect.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, Mr. X served in Vietnam.  And I always do my puzzles in ink!  The better to see my answers (pencil is too light), and maybe I'm just confident in my answers, LOL.

I do mine in ink, too; I hate the feel of a pencil on newsprint, as well as the look    .

Awhile ago, my husband unearthed an old child’s crossword book of mine and I did them in ink even then! I had forgotten, and we both got a kick out of it. Like I was SO CONFIDENT. (Not)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I do mine in ink, too; I hate the feel of a pencil on newsprint, as well as the look. 

Same here. Honestly, my tics or quirks similar to this one are so insistent and compelling that I sometimes wonder if I am a little spectrum-y. Feeling out of step is not an unfamiliar sensation. Is it possible that someone who is nearly 70 could discover that they have autism? In a way, it would be nice to have something to blame, LOL. 

I agree with neh above, that next season's theme is in development - CCRs and rodents. Both angles have the potential to be even less than flattering than they are now. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, suomi said:

Both angles have the potential to be even less than flattering than they are now. 

As well as more boring than they are now.  If that's even possible.

Edited by Kohola3
extending the thought
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That’s Robyn’s house.

She got $603,000 for it, which was 97% of the asking price of $619,900.  Less the $445,000 they paid for the house they made $158,000 - but they will have to pay realtor fees etc etc out of that.  If they paid 6% realtor fees that is $36,100.  So at best they netted $121,820.  And that doesn't take into account all the money they put into that back yard either.

Edited to add:  

List prices:

Meri: $599,900 

Janelle: $574,900

Christine: $599,900

total: $1,774,700 

If they get 97% of asking price like Robyn did = $1,721,459

Less 6% realtor fee: $103,287.54

Net = $1,618,171

Less purchase prices: $1,334,032

TOTAL POSSIBLE NET: $284,139 plus Robyn's $121,800 = $405,959

I think they are in trouble affording their move to Flagstaff.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 7
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

She got $603,000 for it, which was 97% of the asking price of $619,900.  Less the $445,000 they paid for the house they made $158,000 - but they will have to pay realtor fees etc etc out of that.  If they paid 6% realtor fees that is $36,100.  So at best they netted $121,820.  And that doesn't take into account all the money they put into that back yard either.

Edited to add:  

List prices:

Net = $1,618,171

And what's funny about the possible net savings is that they took on the additional expense of rentals in Flagstagg, which up to just this point they have spent 100,000 on, with no building yet in site. So they could easily spend half of their net profits just paying for the rentals.

They are praying the TLC gods will renew them to get more money coming in.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:
52 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Edited to add:  

List prices:

Net = $1,618,171

Read more  

And what's funny about the possible net savings is that they took on the additional expense of rentals in Flagstagg, which up to just this point they have spent 100,000 on, with no building yet in site. So they could easily spend half of their net profits just paying for the rentals.

Even if they are paying interest only loans if the houses are appreciating in value they would still have equity in them.  I could be WAY wrong but I seem to think that Kody said something that gave me the impression that they had already pulled some of the equity out of those homes.  There is a really good chance they netted less than that.  Is it possible that the equity from these homes is how they got the $80K down payment for the plague property?  Given how they all blow through money I really don't see how they could have magically come up with 80K.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I don't understand why in the previews, Christine says that Aspyn and Mitch are such an adorable couple. I just don't get it.  Is that what you say when the couple is not compatible or not on the same page about how they envision their lives together?  I hope they appear better in the actual wedding episode, because, I don't really see THEM as adorable.  Aspyn looks fine. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Plus they have to be paying on the mortgages on the LV houses that have been sitting empty for months on end.  They'll be lucky if they actually make anything in the end.

I think in Kootie's empty little head he thought that by  selling 4 houses for over $600,000 each they would get a check for $2,400,00.  Period.  He never once took into account anything beyond a check in his hand.  He's certainly stupid enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

@SunnyBeBe I get the impression that Mitch is uncomfortable with the whole filming thing Aspyn knows and tries to answer for him. I like that Aspyn is very open to speaking her mind to the family, Telling them no moving talk during her wedding and on the preview when she said "It feels like they are running away from something here in Vegas, but I don't know what it is". I hope she doesn't end up a sister wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't understand why in the previews, Christine says that Aspyn and Mitch are such an adorable couple. I just don't get it.  Is that what you say when the couple is not compatible or not on the same page about how they envision their lives together?  I hope they appear better in the actual wedding episode, because, I don't really see THEM as adorable.  Aspyn looks fine. 

See, now I think they are so cute together! I guess I am Mitch's resident cheerleader. I think he's adorable. Come on folks, 'tis the season, let's show some leprechaun appreciation! ❤️

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, bamaview said:

@SunnyBeBe I get the impression that Mitch is uncomfortable with the whole filming thing Aspyn knows and tries to answer for him. I like that Aspyn is very open to speaking her mind to the family, Telling them no moving talk during her wedding and on the preview when she said "It feels like they are running away from something here in Vegas, but I don't know what it is". I hope she doesn't end up a sister wife. 

I agree, I don't think Aspyn has any problem speaking her mind. I remember when she and Mykelti were living together for awhile, and I think it was rough because Aspyn liked things a certain way and used to get on Mykelti's case for her behavior. Sounds like me and my sister, with me being Aspyn, lol.

• Love 5

Is it true that some of the kids are actually in different school districts and therefore attending different schools for the same grade?

If that’s true, this move is really bringing the family closer together!

• LOL 4
20 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Land loans are generally short term.  I imagine the payments are pretty hefty.  Also quarterly property tax payments are due at the end of month.  That can't be cheap either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Long time lurker here....first post.

I did some investigating and looked up the deeds for Christine's house and Coyote Pass.

Christine’s house: $130k down payment (conventional loan)

Land:

Kody/Robyn/Christine $300k CASH  (100% sale price)

Kody/Robyn $23.8k down payment   (seller loan)

Kody/Janelle/Meri $180k CASH        (100% sale price)

Kody/Janelle $23.8k down payment            (Seller loan)

If anyone is interested I can post pictures, it is all public information.

• Useful 16
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, RootyBoots said:

I did some investigating and looked up the deeds for Christine's house and Coyote Pass.

Land:

Welcome RootyBoots and thanks for the amazing Tea.  $657,600. cash available to them!  Blows my mind.

• Love 6

I hate to be a one-trick pony, but the only reference point I have for reality show salaries is the Teen Moms due to what Amber apparently said in court. I think it was $250K or $300K/year?  

Let's say each TM was getting that per year..... how do you think the Browns compare?  Do we think that each Brown adult would get 100K/yr each? Or the whole bunch would get 500K/year? Or more?   Would TLC be paying lower salaries than MTV, or higher?   I can't figure out a ballpark number that I think they are pulling in from the show.

• Useful 1
52 minutes ago, RootyBoots said:

Land:

THANK YOU Rootyboots.  I had searched online and saw the mortgages for christine’s flagstaff house and Robyn and Janelles plots of land.  I couldn’t figure out how they handled meris and christines plots of land since I didn’t see an associated mortgage.  Guess that’s because they paid cash!  Still can’t figure out how they managed that much cash unless they are richer than everyone gives them credit for.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

Is it true that some of the kids are actually in different school districts and therefore attending different schools for the same grade?

If that’s true, this move is really bringing the family closer together!

AZ has open districts, so they could open  enroll at a different school to all be at the same school if they so choose. However, It also not uncommon to have kids from the same family at different schools. Some have specialized programs that may fit one kid better than others and there are a bunch of charters. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

THANK YOU Rootyboots.  I had searched online and saw the mortgages for christine’s flagstaff house and Robyn and Janelles plots of land.  I couldn’t figure out how they handled meris and christines plots of land since I didn’t see an associated mortgage.  Guess that’s because they paid cash!  Still can’t figure out how they managed that much cash unless they are richer than everyone gives them credit for.

6416FF35-659F-49CB-B421-6A8DFCE23D00.png

• Useful 6
2 hours ago, New2this said:

AZ has open districts, so they could open  enroll at a different school to all be at the same school if they so choose. However, It also not uncommon to have kids from the same family at different schools. Some have specialized programs that may fit one kid better than others and there are a bunch of charters. 

Interesting!  I could totally understand if some of the kids got into a charter type school. 

None of the adults  have seen educated to me but they clearly all (well except Christine) seem to value education.  Ive always assumed Christine and Robyn were homeschooled based on their families and the secret nature of their upbringing 

Edited by Soaper410
5 hours ago, RootyBoots said:

Land:

And bringin’ It on day one!!

I didn’t read and/or lurked for a long time here. But these people are just too crazy nuts to ignore. Sadly, it makes me feel soooo good about my life! I live on the beach in a condo, and could not be more thrilled to read about the plague and the snow and bad patterned clothes!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, toodles said:

Land loans are generally short term.  I imagine the payments are pretty hefty.  Also quarterly property tax payments are due at the end of month.  That can't be cheap either. 

Not sure about Arizona, but my brother owns vacant land out in the country in Texas.  The nearest town or community is about 14 miles away.  Any major shopping is about 35 miles away.  The property taxes ranged between $3-15 dollars in the 20 years he has owned it.  Even with a shell for a small home on the land, the taxes are less than $20.

• Useful 3
25 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure about Arizona, but my brother owns vacant land out in the country in Texas.  The nearest town or community is about 14 miles away.  Any major shopping is about 35 miles away.  The property taxes ranged between $3-15 dollars in the 20 years he has owned it.  Even with a shell for a small home on the land, the taxes are less than $20.

My bad. I wasn't clear.   I meant taxes on the Vegas homes.  My house in Vegas is half the size of the Brown houses and property taxes are MUCH higher than $20.  Lol.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, toodles said:

My bad. I wasn't clear.   I meant taxes on the Vegas homes.  My house in Vegas is half the size of the Brown houses and property taxes are MUCH higher than $20.  Lol.

Okay.  I thought you meant the vacant land in Flagstaff.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, toodles said:

Property taxes on the Brown's LV homes run $400. per month +/-, so they have a quarterly payment of $1,200 looming for each of 3 houses.  I'm not sure how HOA fees are paid, but they are $175. per month per house.  Lost equity. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Property taxes on the Brown's LV homes run $400. per month +/-, so they have a quarterly payment of $1,200 looming for each of 3 houses.  I'm not sure how HOA fees are paid, but they are $175. per month per house.  Lost equity. 

And the utilities would have to be left be on, and fixed fees typically are much higher than the cost of any used electricity, gas, water.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

In a normal mortgage part of each monthly payment may to into an escrow account, and the property taxes are paid from that.  I have no idea  how it works if it is  interest-only  payments for the first years.  Maybe it is interest+taxes only?

Edited by Twopper
changed verb
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

In a normal mortgage part of each monthly payment goes into an escrow account, and the property taxes are paid from that. 

Not necessarily.  Depends on how it's set up.  I pay my property taxes separately.

5 minutes ago, deirdra said:
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

And the utilities would have to be left be on, and fixed fees typically are much higher than the cost of any used electricity, gas, water.

So it would appear that they are hemorrhaging money and have been since they "fled" LV for trees and angels.  Well played, Kootie.  That presentation really validated the vacuum between your ears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Not necessarily.  Depends on how it's set up.  I pay my property taxes separately.

I realized that after I entered my post;   I am older than dirt so I tend to think of mortgages as they were 40 years ago rather than some of the newer arrangements.

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I realized that after I entered my post;   I am older than dirt so I tend to think of mortgages as they were 40 years ago rather than some of the newer arrangements.

We let our escrow pay our property taxes and I love not having to think about it.  

I’m still amazed they had almost $700,000 cash to buy their Flagstaff  properties while still mortgaging their Las Vegas homes.  This is the kind of stuff I’d like to get answers for on the show!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I’m still amazed they had almost $700,000 cash to buy their Flagstaff  properties

What's even weirder is the fact that Kody only wanted to put 10% down, $80,000. And the fambly/Kody refused to help Meri out with the B&B. I would bet they cashed out the equity in the LV homes to buy the Flagstaff properties. Maybe one of the banker types here can answer this- if they did get lines of equity on the LV homes to buy the land, what happens if they just let the houses go to the bank? I know they sold Robyn's, but if the others languish on the market, what's to stop the Browns from just walking away from them? Can the AZ properties still be retained no matter what happens in LV?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

In a normal mortgage part of each monthly payment goes into an escrow account, and the property taxes are paid from that. 

In order to avoid impounds, you need to put a minimum of 20% down. Otherwise your taxes will be collected through an escrow account.

• Useful 3
15 hours ago, Twopper said:

In a normal mortgage part of each monthly payment may to into an escrow account, and the property taxes are paid from that.  

A bank may tell you this is a "normal" mortgage because it maximizes their profit, but it costs the buyer more in the long run. It may be common in Arizona, but not where I lie in Canada; we pay our interest-free property taxes directly to the city monthly by direct debit.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, deirdra said:

A bank may tell you this is a "normal" mortgage because it maximizes their profit, but it costs the buyer more in the long run. It may be common in Arizona, but not where I lie in Canada; we pay our interest-free property taxes directly to the city monthly by direct debit.

I live in NC & no bank I know of allows you to get a mortgage anymore without paying escrow to the bank.  None!  

This happened after the 2008 financial crises.  

Edited by Soaper410
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I also lie in canada   😁

• LOL 10
41 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And I've always heard Canadians are such nice people....

canadian protest.png

I'm demented enough to have watched the SouthPark movie...with the "Blame Canada" song.

I love BC, the only province I've been to.  I don't get out much.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love BC, the only province I've been to.  I don't get out much.

I am an American who adores Canada.  Have been to every province except Nunavut.  And Canadians are very nice people!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

I am an American who adores Canada.  Have been to every province except Nunavut.  And Canadians are very nice people!

Thank you Kohola3.  I have traveled through every one of the lower 48 and can say just the same thing about Americans.  Hawaii and Alaska still on my bucket list.

• Love 8