Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Reunited

• Start Topic

One week from the grand finale, all Season 10 queens return to discuss the season's most shocking moments; includes never-before-seen footage, jaw-dropping revelations and a recap of the season's most amazing looks.

Airs June 21, 2018.

(edited)

What a reunion, damm!

Comming from the top 4 episode, that love fest, than the preview of the reunion focusing pretty much on the fact that Cracker was upset with Asia´s comment, I wasnt expecting much to happen during this reunion.

The major surprise for me tho, was the queens going for Kameron at the end... I thought she would stay there full episode with that blank face staring at nothing like a mannequin (the Theater could colapse around her and she couldnt react at all) till they pointed that came across as cold to some of them/or for keeping her real thoughts shout based on strategy. At least she couldnt hide the unconfortable face when every queen had a point to say why a queen from the top 4 should win with the exception of her...

PS: Really excited about next week... Totally avoiding spoilers, so this time I really don´t know.. But, watching Asia kinda confronting Ru/ defending The Chair, makes me wonder if she made final 2... (kinda reminded me season 9 Reunion when Shea turned a little bit, since she didnt had anything more to lose). Just a guess tho, really no clue.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 8
(edited)

From Justanotherprettlie from the Reddit RPDR drama thread,"Ru loves to get you to a certain place and then yell/preach at you for being there."

I'm pretty disgusted at how The Vixen was treated, and the incredibly ham handed mining for emotional trauma. Not even anything organic or sensible, just straight up exploitation by Ru. 

Oh, a rumor has it that filming the reunion lasted nine hours. I can't imagine being there for nine hours of this.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 7

Kameron was served! Shame really since I can appreciate the quiet persona, but I guess behind the scenes she "reads people for filth!" lol! Miz Cracker could have succeeded without going to that extreme! I know she was unhappy, but I had this feeling that more than likely Asia had already reached out, but Miz Cracker just had to have their Nat'l rant to bring her back to Earth! Asia got some glowing praise and MC just wanted to stick her a little while longer and rotate her on the BBQ skewer until done! '-)

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

From Justanotherprettlie from the Reddit RPDR drama thread,"Ru loves to get you to a certain place and then yell/preach at you for being there."

I'm pretty disgusted at how The Vixen was treated, and the incredibly ham handed mining for emotional trauma. Not even anything organic or sensible, just straight up exploitation by Ru. 

I wont ignore the fact that Ru/the show (as every reality tv show) explore peoples drama etc_. But The Vixen still came off as very childish. She is always right, always has someone to blame, she can walk away having the last word when she is confronted with something she can´t argue but no one can say something to her and walk away without be threated by her like if it is a deadly sin. At the end, we dont even remember the purpose behind her arguing besides her having the last word. Yep, she went ready to fight, as long she is the only one allowed to throw punches.

Kameron was served! Shame really since I can appreciate the quiet persona, but I guess behind the scenes she "reads people for filth!" lol! Miz Cracker could have succeeded without going to that extreme! I know she was unhappy, but I had this feeling that more than likely Asia had already reached out, but Miz Cracker just had to have their Nat'l rant to bring her back to Earth! Asia got some glowing praise and MC just wanted to stick her a little while longer and rotate her on the BBQ skewer until done! '-)

What I got from Kameron´s situation, specially from Dusty is the fact she blocked herself from alot of the queens to the point to not even say ´´hi`` to them when walking into a room etc and than watching her on social media be more interactive/showing to be a approachable person, while staying away from the queens still, brought up a question mark on their heads/made feel like if Kameron had something against them (or like she feels shes above them) and holds it for strategic reasons/not come off as a bad queen.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 14
27 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Kameron was served! Shame really since I can appreciate the quiet persona, but I guess behind the scenes she "reads people for filth!"

Kind of makes me like her more."Sniper from the side" if you will.

Miz Cracker was feeling herself. Trying to make up for the lackluster season? I get it.

There wasn't a "YOU DON'T LOVE ME" moment and the "reading" wasn't all that. Let's bring this season to a close!

• Love 2

Here are my thoughts:

1. Vanjie.
  2. Who is that The Ring bitch?
  3. The Vixen...
  4. I love Monet's Ankara Hollandis realness.
  5. Monique, Dusty, and Blair made me cry.
  6. Eureka looks like a Disney princess.
  7. I'm just getting Monique's popcorn dress.
  8. Vanjie.
  9. Cracker's dress was terrible.
  10. Seriously! Who is that The Ring bitch?
  11. Kameron is a stealth bitch. She clearly saw what Valentina did and decided to do it better--undercover awful.
  12. Oh shit! The Ring bitch is Yuhua.
  13. Yuhua, you need to be actually memorable to pull off costume drag.
  14. Vanjie.
  • Love 12
(edited)

After reading Willam's gossip (which I take with lots of salt) and the stories about the show emotionally manipulating contestants like Pearl (who was probably my least favorite queen in the history of the show, but that's no excuse for her being treated like shit by production), watching this reunion makes me sad for the queens, sad for following this show since season one, and sad for drag.

Serious discussions about gender and race and sexuality and conversion "therapy" and drag and all of that combined are important. I spent some of the best moments of my academic career having those discussions.

But this show is joyless and toxic and I think it and some of its fans have had a really negative impact of the real world of drag. Typical that Monet--the one person who consistently tried to make the season fun--was barely featured in the reunion and given what seemed to be a totally shitty edit all season (even though I admit her drag was much weaker than most of the other contestants').

Even Paris Is Burning--which I find ridiculously depressing--has moments of fun and joy and inspiration. 

I guess what I'm basically saying is I would have preferred an hour of queens repeating "Vanjie Vanjie Vanjie" and clips of Monet--for this episode and every other episode of the season.

It was a drag in multiple senses of the word.

ETA: It's probably inaccurate to say Monet was barely featured; her segment flew by in the context of the episode so my impression of it was skewed.

Edited by Aerobicidal
  • Love 8

Well, that was...not uplifting! Ru had the most satisfied face on one cut to commercial, after eliciting some chunk of trauma, I've forgotten whose.

The Vixen...

Asia banging on and on and on. (Goodbye, crown.)

I love Dusty Ray Bottoms, so was glad to hear more from her and see that bit of footage again; and great to see Monet X Change, who is in my final four; and also great to see Eureka mostly zipping her lip and listening, for all the complaints from the Vixen and whoever that she talks too much.

I think Cameron's goose is somewhat cooked.

Miss Vanje was a great sport; I loved Yuhua recreating her look and facial expression from that challenge I've now forgotten. Aquaria had a lovely Edie Sedgwick look going on.

I think it's between Aquaria and Eureka for the win, now.

(edited)

That was an emotional rollercoaster of a reunion.

Did we all get completely bamboozled by Kameron, or was she just misunderstood by the other queens? I’m so confused. That was a mighty revelation about her behavior off screen, and on social media. 

I appreciated the humour Yuhua had about her family situation : "Don't they know that I am the girlfriend already?"

I adore Monet. She looked beautiful too.  I hope she gets another chance to come back to RPDR. She's a star. 

Monique's popcorn dress was everything. 

Dusty closed the library, and locked the door. She read them all 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 8

I wasn't really sure what they were calling out Kameron for. I wish they had been more specific about what Kameron is like on social media. I think she gets lost in her head a lot.  

I missed most of it.

My prediction is Eureka will win. 

• Love 1

I wasn't too thrilled with how Vixen and Ru handled that whole argument. I also see where Asia is coming from that Vixen is crying out for help, but really, Ru is right that there is only so much you can do (although really, Ru, what did you expect from berating the bear?). It shows how much of a mother hen Asia is, she is obviously very caring and nurturing. Of all the people on that stage I think Asia is the only one who could possibly get through to Vixen (as we saw in that beautiful moment earlier in the season). 

I want to purchase an album of Dusty Reads.

• Love 11

I don't agree with the way they were treating Vixen. I don't like Vixen, I was glad when she went, but it's not fair for everyone to pile on her and essentially ignore Eureka when Eureka was the one who admitted to 'testing' Vixen. I felt that Eureka was trying to sanitise what happened and look better for the cameras. Still hope that she doesn't win. I don't blame Vixen for walking out, it's better that she did that than get super angry. It's a shame she didn't come back though. 

I like Asia, she's obviously a lovely person, and I would love for either Kameron ir her to win. Her Tweety Bird outfit was my favourite of the season, but I love how Kameron can go from 0 to 100 on stage. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

After reading Willam's gossip (which I take with lots of salt) and the stories about the show emotionally manipulating contestants like Pearl (who was probably my least favorite queen in the history of the show, but that's no excuse for her being treated like shit by production), watching this reunion makes me sad for the queens, sad for following this show since season one, and sad for drag.

Serious discussions about gender and race and sexuality and conversion "therapy" and drag and all of that combined are important. I spent some of the best moments of my academic career having those discussions.

But this show is joyless and toxic and I think it and some of its fans have had a really negative impact of the real world of drag. Typical that Monet--the one person who consistently tried to make the season fun--was barely featured in the reunion and given what seemed to be a totally shitty edit all season (even though I admit her drag was much weaker than most of the other contestants').

Even Paris Is Burning--which I find ridiculously depressing--has moments of fun and joy and inspiration. 

I guess what I'm basically saying is I would have preferred an hour of queens repeating "Vanjie Vanjie Vanjie" and clips of Monet--for this episode and every other episode of the season.

It was a drag in multiple senses of the word.

ETA: It's probably inaccurate to say Monet was barely featured; her segment flew by in the context of the episode so my impression of it was skewed.

Quite a few people agree with you and aren't really pleased with how Ru handled things.

AV Club

Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=rupaul+reunion&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

• Love 2

Wow Tai, that was way harsh.

Lets talk about:

The lewks:  The standout looks: Monique in her popcorn couture.. Aquaria in real brown cow... Eureka looking like a disney princess (I didn't dig the ear jewels) ... Dusty Ray Bottoms giving us herpes simplex 1 realness.  I was underwhelmed with Miz Cracker's Godiva illusion.. Monet's Mall girl, or Yuhua's Ring (that sounds worse than it was...)

The drama: Eureka was totally trying to gloss over everything and doing a lot of damage control.  If she would have put a little of that restraint into the season, I wouldn't dislike her so much.  The Victim...  that's all I gotta say.  I'm a little disgusted with the overt emotional trauma exploitation that went on.  I think that Ru is part of the problem.  She's always been problematic 

• Love 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, TheLukeP said:

Monet's Mall girl

She was wearing African wax print. It's why Monique called Monet "Wakanda fish." Ankara style is having a bit of a moment in part because of Black Panther. Nina rocked it at last season's reunion and Bob wore some at the season 9 finale. It's actually a really good style for drag queens because the fabric is very colorful and the styling is always a little theatrical and over the top. It's probably the rare style of women's clothing that a drag queen can buy off the rack and not have to stone or drag it up. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
(edited)

My favorite part of the reunion was Asia being as nice as possible about it but standing firm on the fact that she doesn't think Cracker is a star. I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And I'm with Miss O'Hara on that one..)

Still Team Aquaria, but Asia has done enough to be an acceptable winner. The only problem it seems to be another lip sync showdown and IMO she is the weakest one in that dept... 

Kameron being read for filth was such a delight to these sore eyes, and I thought I was indifferent on the bitch.   She's also not as masculine as the world seems to think. Muscles ≠ masculine. 

Eureka started off so weak but then has been pretty Steady Eddy with some nice highs sprinkled in. She can be incredibly annoying, and for that alone I don't want her to win, but she has talent and is certainly loved by some of her sisters. So she can't be an absolute asshole. 

Vixen really doesn't get how this works, does she? About halfway through her interrogation you could see the light bulb go off in her head and she realized this was not about her redemption. Poor thing. 

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

Kameron being read for filth was such a delight to these sore eyes, and I thought I was indifferent on the bitch.   She's also not as masculine as the world seems to think. Muscles ≠ masculine. 

I was amazed by how poorly I thought Kameron did in the "trade" minichallenge. Obviously Kameron has a great dude body, but there's just something not-masculine about him out of drag, as you said. I think it's all the face work/botox and stuff. Meanwhile Eureka took that minichallenge and served legit DUDE, but is otherwise extremely un-masculine! ACTIIIIIING! </Lovitz>

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I was amazed by how poorly I thought Kameron did in the "trade" minichallenge. Obviously Kameron has a great dude body, but there's just something not-masculine about him out of drag, as you said. I think it's all the face work/botox and stuff. Meanwhile Eureka took that minichallenge and served legit DUDE, but is otherwise extremely un-masculine! ACTIIIIIING! </Lovitz>

I mean, her trade is a cosmetologist! Not there can't be masculine hair stylists, but I haven't seen many.

• Love 1

I'm still eye-rolling over Miz Cracker's victim narrative over Asia's comment. Like if you're THAT shook by something, it says so much more about you than it does about the person delivering it. Also, it's interesting that RuPaul never gave Miz Cracker any sort of "Well get the fuck over it" treatment as she has done to other girls.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She was wearing African wax print. It's why Monique called Monet "Wakanda fish." Ankara style is having a bit of a moment in part because of Black Panther. Nina rocked it at last season's reunion and Bob wore some at the season 9 finale. It's actually a really good style for drag queens because the fabric is very colorful and the styling is always a little theatrical and over the top. It's probably the rare style of women's clothing that a drag queen can buy off the rack and not have to stone or drag it up. 

I got the batik, I just didn't think that it was done in a fashionable enough garment for the reunion...  the print was amazing, but the hair, makeup, and accessories made me 'meh'

eta: just learned that batik and Ankara aren't the same, although they both stem from the wax resist process.

Edited by TheLukeP
14 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

Yes. Miss Vanjie is my favorite! I especially enjoyed her smacking Kalorie down for that lame ass read. "Who are you again?"  I hollered. 

• Love 4

I'm still eye-rolling over Miz Cracker's victim narrative over Asia's comment. Like if you're THAT shook by something, it says so much more about you than it does about the person delivering it.

I agree with that. It says what Miz Cracker admitted it says--that she is insecure about her position in the NY scene. However, it also does say something about the person making it. It was a gratuitously rude and mean comment for Asia to make. There's nothing constructive about it.

To loop that back to Eureka/Vixen, I think that gets to why I find the sympathy for the Vixen so off. There are multiple reasons why the focus was on the Vixen's reaction rather than Eureka's action, but one of them is that unless I misremember it, Eureka's actual comment was a fairly mild dig, not that different in substance from the various digs that the queens all make at each other. Does the Vixen think Asia needs a talking to about her comments or anyone needs a talking to for their attacks on Kameron? Or is the Vixen only concerned with treatment that affects herself? Because she comes across as the classic can dish it out, but can't take it. 

I also think she's creating a narrative for herself as the brave martyr in the fight for Black equality--and maybe in her actual drag shows that's true. But in terms of her fights on THIS show, it comes across as a dodge to avoid accountability/self-reflection.

The Kameron attacks make me really angry, too. Maybe Kameron could learn to be warmer at shows, but it sounds like she's a pretty classic introverted performer. Of course, she's more vibrant and open on social media. That's a safe space and she's almost certainly putting on something of a performance!  

• Love 13
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Quite a few people agree with you and aren't really pleased with how Ru handled things.

AV Club

Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=rupaul+reunion&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

I am generally not into Twitter, but it was interesting to read some of those responses. It's funny because, even though Tammie Brown is one of my favorite queens to ever be on the show, I didn't think about how awesome it was that she shut down Ru's attempt to go all pop psycho on her in the season one reunion. Glad that someone pointed that out on Twitter.

I also found this interview with the Vixen that I thought was worthwhile to read. It's very interesting to contrast the way the Vixen comes across in the interview compared to the way she was edited in the show. I'm not naive enough to think either version is the "real" Vixen, but I do think the show did a convincing (at least to me) job making her come across as far more problematic, both personally and politically, than I suspect she really is.

There are a lot of issues related to power and representation here and I'm probably not qualified to discuss them, and I don't know what the right venue is for the discussion, but I'm really not into Ru at the moment and I'm starting to wonder how much of the impact he's had on various cultures and communities has been, or is becoming, counterproductive.

I watch reality TV for the fun and the joy and the snark and I realize it gets serious at times, but lord honey! I'm reality for a marathon of Superstar USA and Toddlers and Tiaras right now.

• Love 5

It's very interesting to contrast the way the Vixen comes across in the interview compared to the way she was edited in the show. I'm not naive enough to think either version is the "real" Vixen

I thought she came across as the same, frankly. She sees herself as 100% in the right in every situation. She reminds me of Phi-Phi.

Also, she did NOT start a conversation about racism in RPDR fandom. That has been an ongoing conversation to some degree for as long as I've been watching. Kennedy Davenport already made it an open topic of conversation last All-Stars.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, after last night, watching the queens online, seems the Kameron situation is getting resolved as she reached to Dusty, Monique and other queens that felt she was cold with them and they are making plans to interact more now.

The Chair/Victm however, seems that made a long live stream still standing by blamming others only/saying All Stars are not on her plans (really girl? Shoook, just not).

I wont get deep into the Ru/Show as a all topic but is not the main focus of this thread, but, it has being 10 seasons, queens know what they are getting into and most of them still fight hard to make into the show and a good portion of them dont see to regret it, specially when they realize what it made for their career (also, if the experience is that bad, why queens keep supporting their friends/drag daughters to make into the show aswell?). Listening to the few ones that have alot to say against the show, seems they signed up for the wrong show/never saw a reality show in their lives. I understand the claims about the treatment behind the cameras from the crew people (but these are claims from past seasons) and while I think they shouldnt expect to be treated as stars, they should a minimal respect not only as drag queens, but as human being. In other hand, I see some of these claims comming from queens that are just bitter because things didnt went the way they wanted, or because they feel they should over rule Ru. People should know that Willam is about following her own rules, with is cool, fine, but you can´t expect to get things you own way when you sign for something like this.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

I thought she came across as the same, frankly. She sees herself as 100% in the right in every situation. She reminds me of Phi-Phi.

Also, she did NOT start a conversation about racism in RPDR fandom. That has been an ongoing conversation to some degree for as long as I've been watching. Kennedy Davenport already made it an open topic of conversation last All-Stars.

I agree with your second sentence for sure.

I certainly also agree that the discussion about race has been going on for many years. However, when I was reading the interview, I didn't interpret the statement that the Vixen "started a national conversation" (which, as a term, I'm not sure is more arguable or just meaningless) to mean the Vixen was the first Drag Race person to ever bring up the issue. If that's what the author or the Vixen intended to mean, though, then they've been OD'ing on Delusion by Jinkx Monsoon!

You can see several of the queens shaking their heads in disagreement as The Vixen was speaking. It wasn't just Eureka she had a problem with this season...it was many queens. It was basically I can throw shade at anyone I want, but if you throw anything back at me, I will go off and accuse you of racism to boot. She came on that show to say her canned speech of thank you to the fans and leave. Ru was right, she planned it and once it happened no one was going to change her mind about it. The Vixen had her point to make and by hook or crook she was going to do it. Taking any accountability for her part was never going to happen. 

• Love 11

I am not a huge Asia fan but I LOVED her performance at the reunion. I loved her sort of taking Ru to task on some level and I had to wonder if that killed her chances at the crown. I was shocked that Eureka was so quiet - maybe she was mouthier but got edited down. The whole reunion, though, made me realize how much I love Monet. She's the best. I know her drag is not top dollar but I think she is a STAR!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, dyanad said:

It wasn't just Eureka she had a problem with this season...it was many queens.

I really wish they would've fully addressed the moment that Vixen went off on everybody for choosing her to go home and still attacked Eureka when Eureka was the only one who didn't say her name.

• Love 15

The Vixen has a rage problem, quite common with narcissists. Until she's ready to acknowledge that she can't begin to address it. The notion that Asia could 'fix' her with empathy and understanding in a however many hours filmed reunion show was just ridiculous, misplaced kindness and also - drop that role! (Or, if you're going to play that role, extend the same to Mz Cracker.) And if you intend continuing to play that role, expect to burn out severely by your early to mid forties, and collect for yourself a few autoimmune diseases as a thank you. Seriously!

• Love 5

I didn't watch this live, I watched Southern Charm instead (which says a lot about my current level of enthusiasm for Drag Race and also my trash tastes in general), and today I watched about the first half of it on DVR and I don't really plan on finishing it. First it made me really uncomfortable, then it made me indifferent. I'm hoping there's a long hiatus between seasons -- if there isn't, I'll probably impose one on myself.

It was very interesting to see both Vixen and Asia (Asia, especially) get actually confrontational with Ru. I think this show is hitting an interesting balancing of the scales -- each season, it feels like the show, its queens and the fandom are growing exponentially, while at the same time Ru keeps showing her ass with transphobic and other ignorant remarks -- where some of these girls may see Ru more as a sister than a venerated untouchable mother/goddess. 

I'm just really, really sick of the pat nonsense with Ru. No, she didn't come from the exact same place as the Vixen. That whole rant showed a lot of her flaws quite clearly. There's no room for introspection, for nuance, for true empathy. She's sure that she has everything and everyone figured out...and it's starting to feel real gross. 

At least Tyra's "WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!!!!" was quick and concise, y'know?

• Love 11

the Vixen was the first Drag Race person to ever bring up the issue. If that's what the author or the Vixen intended to mean, though, then they've been OD'ing on Delusion by Jinkx Monsoon!

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but that was what I understood The Vixen to be congratulating herself over in the article. I've definitely seen some articles on this that were along the lines of finally, The Vixen made the show address racism.

. Ru doesn't own drag and has come under fire for a lot of his own attitudes. And in a way "Mama Ru" is a part of the fantasy persona too. We also see the boy Ru and as we see, especially lately, that no celebrity gets a free pass and all get called out for their behaviour.

I think a lot of the calling out has been done in a way that is also devoid of nuance and full of its own hypocrisies, with some touches of ageism.

• Love 3

One of the biggest problems I had with the reunion is that everybody was dealing with things in terms of absolutes. Like The Vixen is an asshole shit starter OR the fandom is racist. Kameron Michaels is either a shy introvert OR she's a calculating stealth bitch. So on and so on and the reality is that a lot of the issues were a mix of two extreme ideas but this show and Ru want people to have these nice tidy answers for things. One of the reasons why I stopped listening to his podcast is because he and Michelle come off like such idiots on it and are forever ranting about young people. Ru really is an example of what happens when an edgy outsider over the years has a come up and gets to be an insider and a gatekeeper and seems to have fallen in love with their own self-created mythology. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but that was what I understood The Vixen to be congratulating herself over in the article. I've definitely seen some articles on this that were along the lines of finally, The Vixen made the show address racism.

I think there's an important nuance here though.  What I've read has featured a lot of fans being glad (and yes, the Vixen patting herself on the back) that the show itself, as in the episodes we watch week to week, has finally had to take up this specific issue head on in this way, and not just deal with it on social media and things that get said in panels at cons, and there's definitely a difference there.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2018 at 5:27 AM, Mayberry said:

It wasn't clear whether he was being called out for anything he specifically said on social media or that he is so vocal on social media but yet so standoffish to the other queens in person. 

But if it's just about being a bigger personality on social media  than in real life, a lot of people are like that. Especially if they're introverted like Kameron, they can express more in words on social media rather than in conversation.

Monique was wondering if it was strategy on Kameron's part- to deliberately keep quiet in the competition and get ahead without rocking the boat.

Dusty was wishing Kameron was as open in real life as he is on social media.

One of the problems with the recent seasons is that so much of the drama goes on in social media and in the queens' shows so on the reunion they are sometimes talking about so many other things than what is presented on the show.  I saw on Twitter something went down with Kameron and some other queens at Roscoe's?  But I'm too old to go on Reddit/Instagram/everything else to find out.  

I'm glad Vixen was on the show.  I disagree with a lot of what she says, particularly blaming the other queens for saying she should go home that one week.  But I think the racism issue wouldn't be getting this much discussion if she hadn't been there to push it, whether she was always right or not.  It sucks that queens like Asia aren't getting the bookings or fees that Cracker or Kameron are.  Honestly, Vixen made me think about a lot of things.  If someone is so often treated like a second class citizen in the gay community, they aren't always going to be able to take these situations calmly.  

• Love 11

I know there's a lot of editing involved, but I do think it's plausible, given Kameron's reaction and that frankly, I don't think she's a good enough actor to fake it, that Kameron was being quiet and not saying much or interacting with the others much due to genuinely just being in her own head, and also assuming no one else really cared enough about her to notice what she was or wasn't doing.While at the same time, that can read like a very intentional, calculated iciness to the others who felt like they didn't even get the time of day. They're not mutually exclusive. Maybe I'm biased because I've been that person before, not really knowing what to do socially and thus basically hanging out in a corner not saying anything (because nothing is better than the wrong thing, right? Except not always if people misunderstand why it's happening). So even though I am no major fan of Kameron, I think I buy the situation as presented: that she was essentially just oblivious to how she came off, but everyone else thought it was A) rude and B) some sort of reality-show-strategy that was calculated in advance.

I thought Asia's reaction to the Vixen situation a bit disproportionate. I do think she had a point in general, but she just seemed SO overwhelmed and so upset by the situation. It made me wonder if she either had some additional information due to closeness with the Vixen that made her that worried or if she might've been projecting a bit from knowing someone else similar who self-destructed? I don't completely agree with Ru's take on or handling of the Vixen in this episode  or frankly the season. But at the same time, it seemed to me like Ru's approach was basically "there is no reasoning with the Vixen, I'm not putting energy into that" and I think given all of their interactions, that's sort of a fine standpoint to take? It seems like the Vixen can dish it out but can't take it, and when she says something hurtful it's "truth telling" but when anyone calls her on her shit, it's goading. I feel for Asia seeing the Vixen as someone who's been hurt and needs help to get out of this pattern of lashing out, but it's also reasonable for everyone else to be like, ya know what? I've got my own shit and am not going to take the responsibility of infinite patience with the Vixen. Don't get me wrong, I was SUPER impressed with the conversation Asia and the Vixen had earlier, the one Ru even mentioned.That was one of the most rational, helpful, productive conversations between one reality show contestant calling out another I've ever seen. Possibly that's ever happened. So, I mean, if anyone could talk the Vixen down, it's probably is Asia. But I also think it's totally fair if the Vixen says I'm taking my ball and going home for the production to be like, ok fine. If she were leaving because she wanted to be begged back, that's mindgames. If she's leaving because she feels like she'll be better off leaving, then letting her leave is the kinder thing to do.

• Love 6
(edited)

The Vixen just made a big post on twitter on how she doesnt need ANYONE´s help, that she has no struggles/problems. Good lucky on that Asia.

PS: Why she didnt defended herself this way during the reunion?

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 2

Monique's dress and popcorn eating were my Everything during the reunion (I keep wanting to type Ru-union) as was seeing my other season ten beloved, Miss Mayhem. 

I still heart Miss Cracker, hopefully she will see her star rise in the NY scene. TBH I want all this show's contestants' careers to thrive, there is a place for everyone, and this world needs as much positivity and love as we can get right about now. 

I don't follow anything on social media, just read about it here from you all but I commend Asia for not giving up on The Vixen and for standing up for her to Ru. 

Vangie's "who are you again?" to Kalorie made my night. I resolve to have a Vangie moment daily, she is a multi purpose thing after all! 

• Love 8
On 6/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, Zuleikha said:

To loop that back to Eureka/Vixen, I think that gets to why I find the sympathy for the Vixen so off. There are multiple reasons why the focus was on the Vixen's reaction rather than Eureka's action, but one of them is that unless I misremember it, Eureka's actual comment was a fairly mild dig, not that different in substance from the various digs that the queens all make at each other.

I felt like Eureka basically neutralized the critiques by admitting that she should have handled things differently and that's something she's trying to work on.  Ru did chide Eureka, to which she was basically like, "Yeah, you're right, girl."  There was nowhere to go from there.  The Vixen, meanwhile, kept insisting that she'd done nothing wrong and that she never started drama with any of the girls -- which, based on what we saw, is untrue.  That's why they were focusing on V. and not E.  I don't think it had anything to do with absolving Eureka.

• Love 7
On 6/22/2018 at 4:27 AM, Mayberry said:

IBut if it's just about being a bigger personality on social media  than in real life, a lot of people are like that. Especially if they're introverted like Kameron, they can express more in words on social media rather than in conversation.

I think that is the issue with Kameron -- she is an introvert.  Introverts are not shy and they are often vibrant and engaging people, but they have to husband their energy very carefully.  Being around other people all the time is exhausting for introverts; they like being with other people, they just need alone time to recharge.  It can come off as being superior or stand-offish, but it's just really a way of preserving the space the introvert needs to function.

• Love 16

Kameron's faces during that segment make me think it's more than just being an introvert. She's a little haughty, but I don't think that's such a terrible thing unless it's out of control. 

I can't wait until Monique comes to my town. She's my favorite. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Monique's dress and popcorn eating were my Everything during the reunion (I keep wanting to type Ru-union) as was seeing my other season ten beloved, Miss Mayhem. 

I still heart Miss Cracker, hopefully she will see her star rise in the NY scene. TBH I want all this show's contestants' careers to thrive, there is a place for everyone, and this world needs as much positivity and love as we can get right about now. 

I don't follow anything on social media, just read about it here from you all but I commend Asia for not giving up on The Vixen and for standing up for her to Ru. 

Vangie's "who are you again?" to Kalorie made my night. I resolve to have a Vangie moment daily, she is a multi purpose thing after all! 

I loved Mayhem too, definitely underrated. Good persona, and those eyes! 

I had the reunion special spoiled for me, and I still wasn't ready. And after a lot of consideration, I think the Vixen, Ru, and Asia all have valid points, and it's a complicated subject, and maybe I as a straight white girl shouldn't be telling any of them how to fix it. I was surprised that Ru tore into Asia that hard. It demonstrates just how personally he is invested in the Vixen's journey, I think, and Asia struck one hell of a nerve. But I think the Vixen was right to say everyone's telling her how to react, no one's telling Eureka how to act. And Asia has become my fave this season, so my heart broke for her. 

In terms of the reunion, I think Eureka played it the smartest just to keep saying, "yeah, totally, you're right," and letting that criticism roll off her like water off a duck's back (wink, wink).

I wonder if the Vixen will be at the finale. I don't know if she should or not. I hope it's not a bridge is now burned like how PhiPhi went out.

• Love 3

That was one overwrought spectacle, right there.  The whole thing was bathetic, tedious, and unflattering.  Most of those featured came off poorly. 

I hope to never cross paths with vixen ever again.  That is one whining unpleasant person.  She needs to get over herself and grow the fuck up.  She started off with her gleeful (and puerile) re-enactment of her diss to Eureka as the clip played and that is all we needed to see.  She's get the emotional maturity of a tween of low to moderate intelligence.  Ordinarily, one would think she'd reflect on her juvenile behavior on the reunion when she watches it back, but those odds are nil. 

Asia appears to have some codependency issues with vixen.  That screamed out at me when she said that vixen may be outside the door, wanting to be coaxed back onto the set.  That's classic codependency.  Perhaps her mother hen persona could be fueled this issue.  That might explain her hostility towards cracker, which seemed out of character.  Girl, find a good therapist and work it out.  Beware- your sensitivity and eloquence in addressing people's personal problems can serve as a cover to avoid really looking inward.  Good luck.

In terms of "star quality" or however Asia put it, IMO the only queens who showed that on this show are Aquaria (I admit begrudgingly), Eureka, and Monet Xchange, with Monet having the most "it" factor of the 3.  She's the one I would be most interested in seeing.  She has great wit and a great look.  Her northern irish girl cracked me up.   

I would hope the show would stop with the broken, wounded bird fetishization of the queens.  It is veering dangerously close to homophobia.  It's reminiscent of the "women's pictures" where female suffering and subjugation was fetishized into a religious passion.  I would have much rather have seen clips of fuck-ups, or foolish moments and the queens explaining and laughing about them then the maudlin display we endured.

The editing seemed very heavy-handed.  I couldn't help but be left with the feeling that it's between aquaria and eureka.  The other two came off in a bad light during the reunion.  I wonder if they wanted to minimize the apparent drama that happens on social media by not having another shangela debacle.  Knock cameron and asia down a few pegs so fewer people will complain when they lose.  We'll see.    

My vote for the winner- Miss Vanjie!

• Love 4

This is the first season where I've noticed a real difference in budget and wardrobe between the queens.

It translated all the way to the reunion show-- Monique's outfit, while original and campy was terribly made and looked cheap AF.

Brown Cow Aquaria looks soooooo much like my aunt it's not even funny.