Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I read that in a conference call with reporters, CW president Mark Pedowitz hinted that The Flash was only scheduled at 8 p.m. Tuesdays after they learned that ABC is moving S.H.I.E.L.D. from that time to 9 p.m. 

That's some good thinking right there. Looks like my Tuesday has a nice solid block of DVRing to do.

• Love 2
(edited)

Looks like it's official: the character played by John Wesley Shipp (The Flash in the 90s series) is going to be Barry's dad, Henry Allen. It also sounds like they plan on having the character stick around after the pilot.  I suspected that was who he was playing.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

So are they going to follow Arrow's mode with flashbacks? Or will he be a vision or hallucination or something a la Dexter's dad? No sure I like both versions, flashbacks especially have been done to death on network shows in the last few years.

Do they need to have flashbacks on this show at all, apart from flashing back to the scenes in Arrow where Barry became the Flash? Barry's much younger than Oliver, and since the show is apparently starting with Barry waking up from his coma, we'll be seeing him from the beginning of his hero's journey - not after five years away from his home that completely transformed him.

Which isn't to say that the show will never do flashbacks, just more of the occasional ones that Scandal uses, not ones in every episode like Arrow.

Boo!  Not happy about Robbie Amell being cast on this show.  He managed to be majorly eclipsed as the lead actor on his previous show, The Tomorrow People, so I'm just not feeling good about this news.  I'm not at all familiar with the character that he was cast to play, but hopefully that role doesn't require a whole lot of charisma.  I wish the CW would stop recycling their actors...I'm tired of seeing the same person show up in four or five different CW series.   

• Love 2

Boo!  Not happy about Robbie Amell being cast on this show.  He managed to be majorly eclipsed as the lead actor on his previous show, The Tomorrow People, so I'm just not feeling good about this news.  I'm not at all familiar with the character that he was cast to play, but hopefully that role doesn't require a whole lot of charisma.  I wish the CW would stop recycling their actors...I'm tired of seeing the same person show up in four or five different CW series.   

It sounds like he's just a secondary character in this one, Barry is still the main lead.

It sounds like he's just a secondary character in this one, Barry is still the main lead.

Here's hoping Robbie's role is kept pretty minimal.  Berlanti seems to be in love with him based on what I saw on the Tomorrow People, so I'm just a little worried.  He's not terrible or anything, just sort of bland.

Robbie's alright, but yes, entirely bland. Luke Mitchell completely surpassed him as far as charisma and likability on The Tomorrow People where Amell was the lead. But Berlanti does seem to love him so...here we are. (*grumble* When's LM going to get a new gig? /grumble)

• Love 2

Robbie's alright, but yes, entirely bland. Luke Mitchell completely surpassed him as far as charisma and likability on The Tomorrow People where Amell was the lead. But Berlanti does seem to love him so...here we are. (*grumble* When's LM going to get a new gig? /grumble)

Same, I wish Luke can find a new show soon.

Here's hoping Robbie's role is kept pretty minimal.  Berlanti seems to be in love with him based on what I saw on the Tomorrow People, so I'm just a little worried.  He's not terrible or anything, just sort of bland.

Yeah, he's just not a leading man material.

Robbie is bland and not a leading actor but Luke Mitchell wasn't a good actor either. Both need supporting actors to carry them. Luke was just better looking. I thought Madeline was the most charismatic actor on that show.

Robbie is bland and not a leading actor but Luke Mitchell wasn't a good actor either. Both need supporting actors to carry them. Luke was just better looking. I thought Madeline was the most charismatic actor on that show.

So basically, he's like his brother. I stopped watching Arrow because I found Stephen to be as exciting as a block of wood. 

So basically, he's like his brother. I stopped watching Arrow because I found Stephen to be as exciting as a block of wood. 

Stephen is Robbie's cousin not brother but yeah. Stephen at least works well with a strong group around him. TTP wasn't even the first action role I've seen Robbie in so I definitely don't have confidence in him regarding this one. 

Looks like the CW loves the Amell brothers! Robbie Amell cast in The Flash.  (Warning, that article tells you who he's playing if you consider that a spoiler don't click.)

Wow, did they change the origin majorly of the person he IS playing though.

Although it is worth noting that character DOES have a lot of intersections with other characters already part of the joint Arrow/Flashverse.

Stephen is Robbie's cousin not brother but yeah. Stephen at least works well with a strong group around him. TTP wasn't even the first action role I've seen Robbie in so I definitely don't have confidence in him regarding this one. 

Sorry, my bad. I was going off of the original poster who said they were brothers.

(edited)

Are casting announcements spoilers? I'm thinking we need a spoilers thread.

To be safe:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/the-flash-captain-cold/?hootPostID=1911eded093e2cc684d00fc4f68e53d2

Wentworth Miller will be Captain Cold.

I dig it. I was bummed I missed out on bad guy Wentworth when Joan of Arcadia was canceled right after he appeared as Joan's counterpart. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1

Are casting announcements spoilers? I'm thinking we need a spoilers thread.

To be safe:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/the-flash-captain-cold/?hootPostID=1911eded093e2cc684d00fc4f68e53d2

Wentworth Miller will be Captain Cold.

I dig it. I was bummed I missed out on bad guy Wentworth when Joan of Arcadia was canceled right after he appeared as Joan's counterpart. 

That article says it was announced at the Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour session.  Which means they want people to know it.

This, I think, is versus some casting news that's the result of a leak.  But when it comes out of Geoff Johns' own mouth, at an official event?  I can't see how it's a spoiler.  At least that's my opinion--the mods could of course have some other ideas, so I guess we'll see what they think.

• Love 1

If it's an official release by a credible news source, it's not a spoiler. If it's a rumour based on speculation, I'd wait for official confirmation.

F'r instance....

That bein' said, I loved Wentworth Miller on Prison Break and think he'll make an interesting Captain Cold. I'm just wondering if it's a one-off appearance, or if he'll have an ongoing storyline.

• Love 1

If I wasn't already excited about this show, I would be now: the always great (IMO), Clancy Brown will be having a recurring role on the show.  This won't be his first time in the DC universe, since he's voiced a couple of characters in various animated series (including Lex Luthor.)

The article also says that 

Robert Knepper will be bringing his Clock King from Arrow over to here for an episode.

• Love 1

Well, it looks like someone in the casting department must have really loved Prison Break: Dominic Purcell will be showing up in an episode as Mick Rory/Heatwave, and will apparently be teaming up with Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold.  Yep, Lincoln Burrows and Michael Scofield are back at it!  With those two and Robert Knepper's Clock King showing up (not to mention, Peter Storemare appearing on Arrow), they just need to get Amaury Nolasco, Wade Williams, and William Fichtner to show up, and we'll be set!

Edited by thuganomics85

Well, it looks like someone in the casting department must have really loved Prison Break: Dominic Purcell will be showing up in an episode as Mick Rory/Heatwave, and will apparently be teaming up with Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold.  Yep, Lincoln Burrows and Michael Scofield are back at it!  With those two and Robert Knepper's Clock King showing up (not to mention, Peter Storemare appearing on Arrow), they just need to get Amaury Nolasco, Wade Williams, and William Fichtner to show up, and we'll be set!

And here's the first photo of Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold.  I love him.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/the-flash-geoff-johns-reveals-first-photos-of-captain-cold/

And here's the first photo of Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold.  I love him.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/the-flash-geoff-johns-reveals-first-photos-of-captain-cold/

Hmmmm, I kind of wanted more of a feel from his comic book outfit.  I guess outlandish comic villain costumes aren't for everybody, but Wentworth Miller's outfit (at least what we can see) looks so generic...  Still, looking forward to seeing him appear in the show, and hopefully the other Rogues to follow.