Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/11/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

She toasts to freedom, but says athletes MUST stand for the anthem, and MUST  go to the white house if asked.  Does she understand what "freedom " means?

She understands what it means to her.  She doesn't care about anyone else's freedom.  As evidenced by her support of what Jeff Sessions is doing.

I'm surprised she was friendly to Vanessa Kirby since she is British.  I'm sure she will go home and apologize to her paintings of our forefathers for not continuing the fight against England.

And it was ironic when she said lets celebrate our flag and all it stands for after endorsing Session's harsh stance against immigrants coming here to escape violence.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Kudos to all the ladies for keeping Meh-gun from controlling the narrative during the immigration discussion. McCain said Trump was implementing the kind of reform he ran on barely a minute after Joy pointed out that he ran on targeting criminals, not separating mothers from their children or blocking people seeking asylum. I loved that the camera panned to Joy's reaction at that lie.

The best moment after the half-hour mark was the audience borderline booing over the idea President Kim Kardashian. We've sunken so far.

Not to mention, she got defensive when Joy questioned her position on Immigration.  She wants to lecture like she is a college professor and we are supposed to listen to her with bated breadth. I despise her more and more with each passing day. I don't understand how she can defend 45, after the way that he humiliated her father.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

The longer MM is on this show, the closer we are to opening it with the pledge of allegiance.

And after that they'll be changing the View theme song to the Star Spangled Banner.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What did she say????

They were discussing 45 ignoring North Korea's human rights violation and Sunny pointed out that he doesn't care about violations that happen in his own country, why would we expect him to care about North Korea's. MM jumped up and said Sonny was comparing the US to NK and Sunny said no, she didn't say that, in fact, she said she knows you can't compare the two, she's just making a point, and pointed out that MM said that's what she said, not what she actually said.

• Love 17

I missed the show today, so who in the world brought up the idea of Kim Kardasihan as president???? Did they mean president of the Kanye West fan club? Surely they didn't mean POTUS? Please, tell me who, and how this ridiculous concept was started?!

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan was incredibly frustrating to listen to today because a lot of her contributions in the discussion weren't even on topic with what the women were talking about.

She immediately misinterpreted Sunny's comments as likening human rights abuses in America to being equal to what is happening in North Korea when it was very clear that Sunny's point was about looking at the indifference Trump has shown toward injustices in his own country toward people he's supposed to represent and therefore unsurprising that he would overlook the atrocities of Kim Jung Un towards North Koreans.

And then the whole immigration conversation. They were talking about asylum seekers (it is legal to present yourself at the border as an asylum seeker) and the conversation was about the moral and legal aspect of turning people away with no justifiable reason. Meghan uses this to launch into a diatribe about needing strong borders in order to be a strong country...no one is talking about people who are smuggling themselves across the border illegally and with no intent of identifying themselves to border services. The conversation was about enacting legal options available to those who are trying to escape war, abuse from government, etc. How was anything you said relevant to the subject at hand? Meghan's personal position of being anti-immigration (and that's how I interpret her use of comprehensive border laws) is met with a side remark of 'but I don't condone children being ripped away from their parents' - that all reads to me like 'while I wouldn't personally rip a child from its mother, I'm okay with someone else doing it for the greater good.

Megan has no idea about the injustices that are being perpetuated on people around the world.   In her small mind, someone seeking asylum, is the same thing, as somebody, who overstayed their visa and is now classified as an illegal alien.  Asylum is very broad, it can be a woman fleeing genital mutilation in Africa, gang violence in Honduras, a country, that we helped destabilize, but, I digress. It could be a gay person fleeing death from a very conservative Christian or Islamic country.  It is very sad that we are now refusing people seeking asylum.  So, the next time, she criticizes 45, I will know that it is insincere. She became extremely agitated when the audience was applauding both Joy and Sunny.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
30 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan's personal position of being anti-immigration (and that's how I interpret her use of comprehensive border laws) is met with a side remark of 'but I don't condone children being ripped away from their parents' - that all reads to me like 'while I wouldn't personally rip a child from its mother, I'm okay with someone else doing it for the greater good.

She is showing herself to be a very mean uncaring person.

• Love 17

I so agree about Jon Hamn he is delightful charming guy .  I had to back up the  DVR when Me gun said did you hear what I just said?! I thought she said something I didn't hear, it made no sense! The final mumble almost under her breath was about voting for someone just because she's a woman. Get over it bitch it'll happen and can only be an improvement  

she also is the only one who enters the set with a sour face before sitting down  what a miserable person  

She is so damn rude and disrespectful to Joy and it makes me stabby. You notice no one else has to read from their cards  during rants? 

• Love 16

And then when Whoopi cites the poem on the statue of liberty, after they all talk about people seeking asylum, and the one teen who was sent back and murdered.  Meghan, of course, DISAGREES with them all.  Because we need "strong borders."  Human rights violations are going on in our own country, but Meghan disagrees that it's a problem.  Her rapid-fire speech starts with "I disagree with most of what is being said here"  and ends with  agreeing that we should not separate children and parents (also saying it's not happening, which is pure bullshit), and then says she's just trying to give  a history of how we got here as a country.  WTF?   IS she agreeing, disagreeing, or giving a history lesson?  

It's similar to the way she gives an opinion, then when confronted, she walks it back to say she's "explaining trump's base"  or "telling what they think in gun country."  Meghan, give us your stupid fucking opinion, or don't.  But OWN it.  No quotes from Ronald Reagan, no blue card statistics, just say what you think. 

• Love 20
(edited)

there was a moment when Meghan was talking about "strong borders" that Sunny gave her a LOOK.  In my mind, the thought bubble above Sunny's head  was, "you are one racist motherfucker, aren't you?"  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 24

Why even have Kelly Preston on today if for almost the entire interview the hosts fangirl over her husband, John Travolta. I thought Kelly was a trooper though but they kept bringing everything back to her husband. I would have liked to hear more about her.

• Love 10

I wish someone had asked Meghan if she would have a problem with refugees being persecuted for being Christians should be welcome here.  From the way she was talking today it doesn't sound like she is in favor of any refugees being allowed into this country.  I mean if  you are willing to turn away victims of violence who are you willing to accept?

• Love 17
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, backformore said:

The "view your deal"  guy who was on Monday showing stuff that Oprah likes.  He has a weirdly fake very low voice. Like he's trying to be soothing, but it comes across as condescending.

It's not the deepness of his voice that's creepy, IMO, it's that faux soothing tone.  It's like he's trying to talk down a psych patient with a plastic knife to their throat.  And frankly, right or wrong, I'm irritated that such a prominent rep of Oprah's is a white man.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, geekburger said:

Whoopi acting like this whole Roseanne reboot\cancellation has precedence. Uh? Not quite.

Also on yesterday’s show when Sunny was PROUDLY talking about being honored and Sara told her to move her mic, Whoopi huffed, got up from her chair, walked over to Sunny and barely moved anything. Odd?

As mentioned upthread, I think Whoopi was referring to Valerie.  It's not a perfect example, but one where the eponymous star was fired and the show went on for years.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Why is Megan being such a bitch to Sunny? I am sick of the panel treating her like she is an expert on the Republican party.  She is not. She was wrong in the Virginia elections, the guy who won and will take on Tim Kaine, in the fall, is a man with ties to White nationalists. So, she needs to shut the hell up.. The Dems have flipped 43 seats once held firmly, by the Republicans. 

I think the highlighted portion answers your first sentence.   Meghan took this job thinking she'd be riding high on Trump's election.   She lives in such a bubble she assumed everyone loved Trump.  Instead, she's "forced" to defend a dangerous moron on the daily.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cecelia45 said:

I missed the show today, so who in the world brought up the idea of Kim Kardasihan as president???? Did they mean president of the Kanye West fan club? Surely they didn't mean POTUS? Please, tell me who, and how this ridiculous concept was started?!

It was Sunny and it was a joke. They were talking about Kim K' s involvement in getting a woman pardoned earlier this week and now trying to convince the Twitter people to add an edit button and Sunny joked, "woohoo, Kim K for pres!" The audience boo-hooed the idea and, of course, Whoopi thought they were boo-hooing her for saying she doesn't like Twitter.

• Love 3
(edited)

Great transcription, @bannana

The problem that they didn't quite get to was this: 

Elsa says, reading from her blue card:  The US border says, that if the parents are jailed, the children are separated because the children are not charged with a crime.  I don't agree with any of this, I am just trying to explain how we as a country got here.

SO, when they decide to separate a parent and child, all they have to do is charge the parent with a crime, like resisting arrest, and then it's legal.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wish someone had asked Meghan if she would have a problem with refugees being persecuted for being Christians should be welcome here.  From the way she was talking today it doesn't sound like she is in favor of any refugees being allowed into this country.  I mean if  you are willing to turn away victims of violence who are you willing to accept?

Under this administration, Arab Christians were deported back to their homeland, where they would surely be persecuted. Christian for her, means, White Anglo Saxon Protestant. if you don't fit that type of Christian, then, it sucks to be you. She is heartless, that Megan..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, backformore said:

Great transcription, @bannana

The problem that they didn't quite get to was this: 

SO, when they decide to separate a parent and child, all they have to do is charge the parent with a crime, like resisting arrest, and then it's legal.  

Plus, there are 100 facilities with children spread around different states. Children, as young as, a few months old, are being taken from their mothers.  I have a feeling in years to come, the government will be paying reparations to these kids..

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, bannana said:

Joy, genuinely confused by what she is trying to say, asks if she believes this is comprehensive, what is going on.

Annoyed, because the answer is not on her blue card, Elsa snarks:  I am trying to explain the history of how we got to this point. 

Joy says she is asking her a question, about whether what Trump is doing is comprehensive.

Thanks for transcribing this! I noticed that anytime the other ladies press her on something, particularly Joy and Sunny, she becomes incredibly frustrated, huffs and puffs, rolls her eyes and usually answers by not really answering, saying "What I'm saying is..." and 9 times out of 10 it never answers their questions. She can't go in depth about what she truly believes, nor why, because she doesn't know - she's just willfully spouting the talking points of her party and reading quotes from her blue card without really connecting the quote to the conversation.

• Love 15
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't know if you coined "Meh-gun" but that caused me to spit out my coffee. Best nickname ever for her. I will bet she has never done anything but held a gun for a photo shoot and shot skeets. That girl is not out there hunting and skinning animals. She does red-neck theater. I did a little of that shit in high school when I dated a good ole boy hunter for a year. I saw a lot of other girls do it, too. You couldn't swing a dead squirrel without hitting twenty of these gun loving nuts where I come from. Very rural area and there wasn't a lot of choice. It is sort of like that Farmers Only dot com commercial. They show all these so called country girls but they are dressed in red neck formal wear-sparkly stitched jeans with high boots, loads of makeup and drinking beer (not really-it's Zima) from a red solo cup. They pretend to like all that when they are dating. Then when they get married and find themselves doing without because husband spends all his money on sporting equipment, guns, ammo and weekends with the boys (guess what? he never really wanted you to go hunting with him once you got married), they spend their weekends drinking with their girlfriends who are in the same shitty boat-because, well, their shit ass husbands took the good one for another long weekend with the boys. Luckily Meh-gun's wealth will insulate her from what many of her young, female, Republican fan's fate will be in these rural areas.

I didn't watch the show and don't plan to. It is wash, rinse, repeat with these people. I read comments here and can picture it all in my mind. I, of course, still fast forward thru any View Your Deal segments even in my imagination.

Crap! I missed Jon "Hammaconda" Hamm? I may have to catch that. I loved him so much in Mad Men but have not enjoyed him in the roles I have seen him in since. I am sure he is a fine actor, but he will always be Don Draper to me.

Oh I don't know.  I can see Meghan proving party loyalty by shooting small, defenseless animals.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah Palin took Megs on one of those scintillating helicopter rides where they shoot wolves with automatic weapons.

I once watched a scene of the band Pistol Annies hunting (Dateline?).  They were out with their shotguns and camouflage, shooting at things.  The non-Miranda Lambert blonde paused to reapply lip gloss, and asked, "Have I killed anything yet?".   I could see Meghan fitting in just fine.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Why would any Republican listen to her?

Because she's been in politics all her life!

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Thanks for transcribing this! I noticed that anytime the other ladies press her on something, particularly Joy and Sunny, she becomes incredibly frustrated, huffs and puffs, rolls her eyes and usually answers by not really answering, saying "What I'm saying is..." and 9 times out of 10 it never answers their questions. She can't go in depth about what she truly believes, nor why, because she doesn't know - she's just willfully spouting the talking points of her party and reading quotes from her blue card without really connecting the quote to the conversation.

Watching that segment today, I truly believe that she didn't pay attention in their pre-meeting and thought the topic was about children being separated from their parents.  Or something.  She sure was not able to address the topic they were talking about, re the US violating its own laws and rejecting people from those defined categories for asylum.  And I say this as someone who is not following this particular story but based on what was said by the hosts today.  Elsa seemed to be in an entirely different convo, that she must have prepared with hubby last night!

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yes, she starts out by disagreeing, but when pushed to explain what she disagrees with,  she's "just giving a history."  

I know what really pisses Meghan off though - when she and Joy, or she and Sunny, argue, and the audience applauds Joy or Sunny.  

• Love 19
(edited)
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Oh I don't know.  I can see Meghan proving party loyalty by shooting small, defenseless animals.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah Palin took Megs on one of those scintillating helicopter rides where they shoot wolves with automatic weapons.

Exactly, especially, since, 45 reversed the rule, prohibiting, the hunting of baby wolves and baby bears.  If you kill off baby animals, how do they expect, the species to continue...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I just cant with Meghan....as someone said up-thread, she comes out with a sour expression on her face, like she's not happy to be there & has to be prepared to 'battle".  As for Kelly Preston talking about that Gotti movie, I have no interest in seeing it & it annoyed me no end that Kelly kept saying how nice the Gotti family is & that the wife did not know how her husband made all his money, and that she keeps in touch with them because they are such 'nice" folks...Ugh, please, they are a Mafia family & John Gotti was in jail for a reason....no need to white-wash!

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

“I always toast to freedom”.  Meghan, you’re always so much fun!

Lol.  At first I thought this was in response to the link of John Hamm going commando!

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I just cant with Meghan....as someone said up-thread, she comes out with a sour expression on her face, like she's not happy to be there & has to be prepared to 'battle".  As for Kelly Preston talking about that Gotti movie, I have no interest in seeing it & it annoyed me no end that Kelly kept saying how nice the Gotti family is & that the wife did not know how her husband made all his money, and that she keeps in touch with them because they are such 'nice" folks...Ugh, please, they are a Mafia family & John Gotti was in jail for a reason....no need to white-wash!

Well, she's a member of the Cult of Scientology, whose leader runs the organization like the mafia - racketeering, money laundering, blackmail, enforcers - She feels at home with the Gottis.

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Amen to that.  She really is not very deep, is she?

• Love 7

Thank goodness it was a joke about Kim for POTUS! They pretty much decimated the Wolf population years ago in Yellowstone National Park. The whole ecosystem was disrupted, and the Park was nearly ruined. Bringing back the Wolves restored the park, although it took a long time. Doesn't anyone in this administration do some research before they act???? I love Wolves, not that I'd like to come face to face with one! But they are remarkable animals, and our beloved dogs are descended from them.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yeah, I’m sure they’re lovely people !  Gangsters, for pete’s sake, Kelly!

I do find the subject matter interesting- I was a loyal Sopranos watcher, but not sure if they will romanticize the Gottis.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, cecelia45 said:

Thank goodness it was a joke about Kim for POTUS! They pretty much decimated the Wolf population years ago in Yellowstone National Park. The whole ecosystem was disrupted, and the Park was nearly ruined. Bringing back the Wolves restored the park, although it took a long time. Doesn't anyone in this administration do some research before they act???? I love Wolves, not that I'd like to come face to face with one! But they are remarkable animals, and our beloved dogs are descended from them.

We have already killed off Jaguars who used to roam the south west and California. I have heard that they are starting to come back, slowly. Some of the jaguars are leaving Mexico and parts of Central America, coming here, in search of territory and food. The male jaguars to be exact.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, cecelia45 said:

Yes, research has shown that when the apex predators are healthy, the entire ecosystem is balanced.   They argued this years ago with maintaining a Grizzly bear (and other bears) population.  Shark depletion is not healthy for our oceans.

3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

She has to check with her hubby to find out what her positions are!  LOL

I feel slightly bad for Meghan because what a push and pull she must have between The Maverick and her husband.  Maybe that's why she's always pissed.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I do find the subject matter interesting- I was a loyal Sopranos watcher, but not sure if they will romanticize the Gottis.

The movie has not gotten good reviews.  After it initially wrapped it was due to be released as direct to video but the producers bought it back and it is now being released in theaters.  

3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I feel slightly bad for Meghan because what a push and pull she must have between The Maverick and her husband.  Maybe that's why she's always pissed.

This is the same woman who said "no man speaks for me".  Sure Meghan.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

There’s just something really likeable about Jon Hamm. I can’t grasp  it, but if I ever get my finger on it I’ll let you all know. ;-D

I've found him a lot less likeable after hearing how he sadistically hazed a guy in a fraternity.  Fractured spine, almost lost a kidney, injury to genitals, set on fire . . .  All because he forgot Hamm's nickname.

Edited by RedheadZombie
missing "e"
(edited)
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Pretty sure someone other than her father now has a greater influence over her.

With one line change - "With liberty and justice for some"

LOL. Meant to quote the pledge of allegiance post.  But I agree with Blondie!

17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

We have already killed off Jaguars who used to roam the south west and California. I have heard that they are starting to come back, slowly. Some of the jaguars are leaving Mexico and parts of Central America, coming here, in search of territory and food. The male jaguars to be exact.

Only the males?  That's certainly not going to help the population.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Only the males?  That's certainly not going to help the population.

The ones that have been seen are males. There could be females. I assume the males are chase out by their fathers. Plus, with displacement by humans, their habitats getting smaller and smaller.  They are coming here more and more.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yes, research has shown that when the apex predators are healthy, the entire ecosystem is balanced.   They argued this years ago with maintaining a Grizzly bear (and other bears) population.  Shark depletion is not healthy for our oceans.

Preach, honey, preach!!!  ^^^^ x 1000 ^^^^

• Love 7

Has MM ever mentioned her sister, other than to say she has one who was adopted? How old is her sibling? It doesn't appear that they are as close as most sisters are. But, who knows? Maybe her sister prefers not to be in the public spotlight, and keeps a low profile? Unlike her older nasty sister!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan has no idea about the injustices that are being perpetuated on people around the world.   In her small mind, someone seeking asylum, is the same thing, as somebody, who overstayed their visa and is now classified as an illegal alien.  Asylum is very broad, it can be a woman fleeing genital mutilation in Africa, gang violence in Honduras, a country, that we helped destabilize, but, I digress. It could be a gay person fleeing death from a very conservative Christian or Islamic country.  It is very sad that we are now refusing people seeking asylum.  So, the next time, she criticizes 45, I will know that it is insincere. She became extremely agitated when the audience was applauding both Joy and Sunny.. 

Meghan loves the kind of democracy that sees America going into other counties, destabilizing their governments where their citizens are the collateral damage to that mission while she gets to sit comfy back in America and toast to America's greatness in saving the world. BUT when that democracy reaches at her doorstep, then her position is on strong border laws that essentially suggest that she doesn't want bodies taking up space and tax payer money in America because their existence in America serves no purpose for her. She wants America to have the glory of liberating these people, but not before her government decides that they need to go in there and do it. Until then, it comes across as her thinking these are unfortunate atrocities, but 'oh well, as long as my tax money doesn't have to support'. 

• Love 10